M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#7301 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:46 pm
I vote Bozo for Town MVP.

His decision making in the use of his powers was excellent.
seconded

Fluminator

#7302 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:09 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:25 pm
GG all.

I do feel bad for worc and flum, those were not easy places to sub into.

The debate of if what I advocated was poor gamesmanship or not will likely be discussed going forward, but I'll be damned if it didn't work this time at least.

I agree big props to the PRs, between the save/shot swing and the ability to narrow down the pool enough to lock it in for the rest of us.

big thanks to brain, jamie, and bona for putting me in a backpack and dragging me over the finish line at the end there, carrying my lazy ass to victory.
You don't have to feel bad for subs. They generally are subs for a reason, not wanting to commit to a full game.

BobMcBob

#7303 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:23 pm

Thanks for playing everyone! It was good fun.

worcej

#7304 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:27 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
GG all.

The debate of if what I advocated was poor gamesmanship or not will likely be discussed going forward, but I'll be damned if it didn't work this time at least.

I agree big props to the PRs, between the save/shot swing and the ability to narrow down the pool enough to lock it in for the rest of us.

big thanks to brain, jamie, and bona for putting me in a backpack and dragging me over the finish line at the end there, carrying my lazy ass to victory.
I don't think you did anything in poor gamesmanship.

From my perspective, I was kinda scratching my head on why I landed in POE other than not being active when I couldn't be. I came into the game busing celaph hard and then just kept it up with Flum too, yet that bought me no credit (it usually does on webdiplo lol). Chaqa's and Eden's POE was built off their own town reads and I was hoping people would question them, but by just 'sticking to the plan' I was kinda screwed ultimately.

Jamiet99uk

#7305 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:49 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:27 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
GG all.

From my perspective, I was kinda scratching my head on why I landed in POE other than not being active when I couldn't be. I came into the game busing celaph hard and then just kept it up with Flum too, yet that bought me no credit (it usually does on webdiplo lol). Chaqa's and Eden's POE was built off their own town reads and I was hoping people would question them, but by just 'sticking to the plan' I was kinda screwed ultimately.
Unfortunately for you, Worcej, I guess enough people managed to make themselves (genuinely) look very towny, one way or another. Coupled with inno scan results by PE and Bozo this meant the "don't kill" pool was quite large by about Day 5. The early loss of Celaph, plus Bozo's excellent gunshot on TFB, left you and Flum in a very difficult position.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#7306 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:51 pm

I'd love to hear pxxxy's reflections on this experience.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

brainbomb

#7307 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:13 pm

alright now we gotta kill bona

brainbomb

#7308 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:13 pm

gg guys

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7309 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:16 pm

Great work town, solid game.

Thanks Bob and Durga for GMing and for a good flavor.

Bozo is MVP for sure. Eden and Chaq did a good job too, even claiming a bit early at least on my opinion. Pyxxy was a great addition as a new player, hope he keeps playing.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7310 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:20 pm

worcej wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
GG all.

I think you were a bit unlucky that last game town lost for a sub and for not keep killing in the POE, so it was an uphill battle to be a sub and in the POE this game. You did pretty well, I still had Demon higher on scumlist then you.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7311 Post by Chaqa » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:30 pm

I just never bought worcej's excuses for his absences. Plus, Macca's few posts were extreemely scummy, and to me it seemed like they had scumslipped a bit, though I didn't get the chance to push it as much as I wanted.

TheFlyingBoat

#7312 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:49 pm
worcej wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
GG all.

Unfortunately for you, Worcej, I guess enough people managed to make themselves (genuinely) look very towny, one way or another. Coupled with inno scan results by PE and Bozo this meant the "don't kill" pool was quite large by about Day 5. The early loss of Celaph, plus Bozo's excellent gunshot on TFB, left you and Flum in a very difficult position.
Yeah I think this analysis is spot on. Celaph dying early and me getting shot left you and flum in a terrible position. Combine that with the linkages between macca and ghug and ghug looking scummy plus the incredible work by PRs left you kinda screwed.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7313 Post by pyxxy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:46 pm
I vote Bozo for Town MVP.

His decision making in the use of his powers was excellent.
Thirded.

worcej

#7314 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:17 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:30 pm
I just never bought worcej's excuses for his absences. Plus, Macca's few posts were extreemely scummy, and to me it seemed like they had scumslipped a bit, though I didn't get the chance to push it as much as I wanted.
Honestly they were not an excuse - my activity level is going to be lower going forward compared to prior years.

binitafelicity

#7315 Post by binitafelicity » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:16 am

: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN] ... I have accepted I should be day killed today because cps test knowing brainbomb he's going to tunnel me all ... m73 ... I took him back in and now all of a sudden, we're not together? ... 2022.06.16 02:14 SadMathematician7799 [GAME THREAD] Lightning (0-0) ... webDiplomacy is an online, multiplayer, turn-based strategy game that lets you play Diplomacy online.Fowl Play is an egg-citing career card game created in partnership with CareerSocius to SPARK fun and meaningful career conversations.

President Eden

#7316 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:06 am

binitafelicity wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:16 am
: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN] … I have accepted I should be day killed today because cps test knowing brainbomb he’s going to tunnel me all … m73 … I took him back in and now all of a sudden, we’re not together? … 2022.06.16 02:14 SadMathematician7799 [GAME THREAD] Lightning (0-0) … webDiplomacy is an online, multiplayer, turn-based strategy game that lets you play Diplomacy online.Fowl Play is an egg-citing career card game created in partnership with CareerSocius to SPARK fun and meaningful career conversations.
Fantastic point.