M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#6261 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:08 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:58 pm
also russell wilson to the broncos

RIP seattle
As a Seahawks Fan, I am actually okay with that trade.

I was so fucking tired of seeing the middle of the field wide fucking open and RW’s heroball mentality leading to shitty sacks or throw aways.

With RW gone, even if we suck nuts, my expectation of the team is lower so I am less angry.

BusinessLamp

#6262 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:09 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:06 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:50 pm
business lamp: more than anything I just think blamp is only on a survival mode at this point. I am seeing critical breakdowns in the positive traits displayed earlier in the game. I think the messages to the god QT is not a substantive peice of evidence because for the most part scum is about doiing any shady underhanded perceptual thing to look town. The most striking moment of EOD4 is blamp offering up sabi like a tasty slab of meat for me to pursue almost as if he wants me to move my vote. This does somewhat incriminate RHK or Flum and yet I find it more likely to be blamp just feeding into my overall opinions on sabi.

strong scum
If this is how you feel, why did you push me so hard for wanting to get Blamp out as a matter of policy yesterday? If you agreed with me, why so much pushback and personal insults? I don't believe this is how you actually are feeling about Blamp.
It makes sense to me that Brain would have this change of opinion if he took me telling him to vote for Sabi the wrong way. It's evidenced by him immediately asking for a flash wagon on me. Brain is still good.

brainbomb

#6263 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:13 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:09 pm
Chaqa wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:50 pm
business lamp: more than anything I just think blamp is only on a survival mode at this point. I am seeing critical breakdowns in the positive traits displayed earlier in the game. I think the messages to the god QT is not a substantive peice of evidence because for the most part scum is about doiing any shady underhanded perceptual thing to look town. The most striking moment of EOD4 is blamp offering up sabi like a tasty slab of meat for me to pursue almost as if he wants me to move my vote. This does somewhat incriminate RHK or Flum and yet I find it more likely to be blamp just feeding into my overall opinions on sabi.

strong scum
If this is how you feel, why did you push me so hard for wanting to get Blamp out as a matter of policy yesterday? If you agreed with me, why so much pushback and personal insults? I don't believe this is how you actually are feeling about Blamp.
It makes sense to me that Brain would have this change of opinion if he took me telling him to vote for Sabi the wrong way. It's evidenced by him immediately asking for a flash wagon on me. Brain is still good.
what? no?
I think you couldve been trying to save flum or rhk there but more importantly sabi had been screaming for days you were scum so you wanted sabi dead

brainbomb

#6264 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:14 pm

sabi was an impediment to your survival

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6265 Post by Chaqa » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:14 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:55 pm
chaqa what moved blamp into being off the poe

and please adhere to the following stipulation
you cant reference the easily fakeable messages to the god qt as evidence
Primarily it was the way he acted while being under pressure combined with the effort he put into a case on me. I think if he was scum he would prioritize trying to push someone like Flum or worcej over me since I was basically a universal townread.

President Eden

#6266 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:18 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:14 pm
what changed your opinion on this from ~N2 where you said no one needed to be worried about Sabi?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6267 Post by Chaqa » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:18 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:04 pm
chaqa maybe this will explain my attitude yesterday best

we had yesterday to explore every theory and corner and it indulged a few peoples suspicions on sabi and now we can actually follow the POE that was prescribed from the get go
We always had time to explore the corners and theories, we just should have voted for one of the primary people in the PoE. Granted, Sabi was in a lot of people's PoE's, but most of them were in the common PoE itself.

I think Bozo's survey will be useful to keep in mind over time:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:34 pm
bozo: BusinessLamp, RHK, Sabi, worcej
Jamie: BusinessLamp, Sabi, worcej, RHK
RHK: BusinessLamp, Fluminator, Sabi, rdrivera
Bonatogether: BusinessLamp, bozo, RHK, rdrivera
Sabi: BusinessLamp, rdrivera, RHK, worcej
Chaqa: BusinessLamp, Fluminator, rdrivera, worcej
brainbomb: PE, Bona, Fluminator, Sabi
PE: Fluminator, RHK, worcej, rdrivera
rdrivera: Fluminator, Sabi, RHK, BusinessLamp
BusinessLamp: Chaqa, Sabi, Fluminator, Bona
pyxxy: Fluminator, rdrivera, RHK, worcej
Fluminator: RHK, Sabi, worcej, pyxxy
worcej: Sabi, Fluminator, BusinessLamp, brainbomb

Thank you to everyone for participating, 100% participation is a first.
Of note, Bona did not have Sabi in his top 4, but did have RHK, yet never vote for RHK while he was a viable wagon. This in itself is pretty suspicious.

@Eden: thoughts on the final part above?

brainbomb

#6268 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:18 pm

Chaqa wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Primarily it was the way he acted while being under pressure combined with the effort he put into a case on me. I think if he was scum he would prioritize trying to push someone like Flum or worcej over me since I was basically a universal townread.
but what if hes scum with one of those people. like flum for example

BusinessLamp

#6269 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:19 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:13 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:09 pm
Chaqa wrote:

what? no?
I think you couldve been trying to save flum or rhk there but more importantly sabi had been screaming for days you were scum so you wanted sabi dead
So do you think my switch off of Sabi onto Flum an hour before day change was completely faked, then? Sabi was in my scum pool, partially because their suspicions on me felt so fake and targeted, for sure. But I was still trying to have some sort of working relationship with them. And then yeah, when the decision tree changed from "Sabi who I am completely wishy washy on" vs "Flum who I suspect right now" to "Sabi who I am completely wishy washy on" vs. "Flum who I am 95% sure is town," I started advocating for Sabi to go. Admittedly, it was a fault that I hadn't yet formed a strong opinion on Demon, but I haven't remembered seeing anything convincing which made me think he was scum.

Besides that, because of Sabi's unwarranted attacks on me, and Flum's impressive last post in the previous game, I feel a lot more confident in Flum's ability to help us solve this.

I feel like you're discounting all of my previous efforts for one moment that you find off.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6270 Post by Chaqa » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:20 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:18 pm
Chaqa wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/411xBCG.jpg

*screams internally*

BusinessLamp

#6271 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
I 100% believe that I have the ability to bond with and buddy up to Sabi if that was what I was trying to do this game, lol. But that's not what my objective is.

brainbomb

#6272 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:22 pm

President Eden wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
what changed your opinion on this from ~N2 where you said no one needed to be worried about Sabi?
this statement is directed At blamp and is directly explaining why he baited me onto sabi is that it makes sense sabi had been screaming over and over and over and over that blamp was scum and her case on blamp
needed to be reviewed by everyone god and jesus on the cross

this is why im saying to blamp that sabi was an impediment to his survival as either alignment

BusinessLamp

#6273 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:22 pm
President Eden wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
this statement is directed At blamp and is directly explaining why he baited me onto sabi is that it makes sense sabi had been screaming over and over and over and over that blamp was scum and her case on blamp
needed to be reviewed by everyone god and jesus on the cross

this is why im saying to blamp that sabi was an impediment to his survival as either alignment
Right, but I hope that you can see in my thought process that when I thought Flum was more likely to be scum, I was willing to let Sabi live and not apply that pressure in favor of voting Flum. That's why I'm asking if you think my flip onto and off of Flum was entirely manufactured.

brainbomb

#6274 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:24 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:20 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/411xBCG.jpg

*screams internally*
how is it fucking painful to think blamp is trying to save flum by luring ppl to vote sabi

how is this shocking to you

Jamiet99uk

#6275 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:25 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:19 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:12 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:45 pm
someone help me do a "thats" vs "that's" analysis on Blamp to determine if the GT messages are real or faked

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?us ... t=D1-&g=73
well you can be lock town for even thinking of this TBH :lol: :lol:
I unironically lock town pyxxy for this. Y’all can call it easy to fake or whatever, I don’t care, ain’t no new scumbo going back and looking at Lamp’s GT thoughts and thinking “I should try to spin this into faked sus behavior by examining… [checks notes] whether he used an apostrophe or not on a word.” No shot.

This guy is TOWN. Town af even. It doesn’t even matter what alignment Lamp is:
• If Lamp is mafia then mafia pyx is not going back and combing through his teammate’s fake GT message to find inconsistencies
• If Lamp is town then this is not the angle mafia pyx uses to attack a genuine submission as being faked
I agree with part of this, but only part.

I'd agree pxxxy and Blamp aren't scum together
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

brainbomb

#6276 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:25 pm

im not gonna overly concern myself with if you are scum with flum
or scum with rhk or scum with bona or chaqa or the pope
frankly you just need to go bye bye tomorrow and thats really all there is to it

President Eden

#6277 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:26 pm

Chaqa wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:04 pm
chaqa maybe this will explain my attitude yesterday best

we had yesterday to explore every theory and corner and it indulged a few peoples suspicions on sabi and now we can actually follow the POE that was prescribed from the get go
We always had time to explore the corners and theories, we just should have voted for one of the primary people in the PoE. Granted, Sabi was in a lot of people's PoE's, but most of them were in the common PoE itself.

I think Bozo's survey will be useful to keep in mind over time:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:34 pm
bozo: BusinessLamp, RHK, Sabi, worcej
Jamie: BusinessLamp, Sabi, worcej, RHK
RHK: BusinessLamp, Fluminator, Sabi, rdrivera
Bonatogether: BusinessLamp, bozo, RHK, rdrivera
Sabi: BusinessLamp, rdrivera, RHK, worcej
Chaqa: BusinessLamp, Fluminator, rdrivera, worcej
brainbomb: PE, Bona, Fluminator, Sabi
PE: Fluminator, RHK, worcej, rdrivera
rdrivera: Fluminator, Sabi, RHK, BusinessLamp
BusinessLamp: Chaqa, Sabi, Fluminator, Bona
pyxxy: Fluminator, rdrivera, RHK, worcej
Fluminator: RHK, Sabi, worcej, pyxxy
worcej: Sabi, Fluminator, BusinessLamp, brainbomb

Thank you to everyone for participating, 100% participation is a first.
Of note, Bona did not have Sabi in his top 4, but did have RHK, yet never vote for RHK while he was a viable wagon. This in itself is pretty suspicious.

@Eden: thoughts on the final part above?
my thought is meh lol.

Sabi was a bad vote and I’m disappointed in Bona for sending it off, but it’s entirely consistent with Bona’s previous townplay to make suboptimal votes to eliminate what he sees as “inevitable flips” or “flipping anti-town people.” I’ve lectured him about it before but you know how teenaged sons are.

If you find my take on that uncompelling then I don’t blame you as there’s definitely nothing preventing mafia Bona from doing that. It’s not enough to tip the scales for me though.

brainbomb

#6278 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:27 pm

okay so is the universal poe rdrivera then?

BusinessLamp

#6279 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:28 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:24 pm

how is it fucking painful to think blamp is trying to save flum by luring ppl to vote sabi

how is this shocking to you
I was trying to save Flum! I admit that! The motivation is just not because we are scum partners. It's because I realized he was town, and that realizations combined with the guilt of us being out of game friends made me especially vocal to campaign for his safety. I just encourage you to revisit the EoD interactions of Flum and I with this explanation in mind, and see if you think it holds up.
Anyway, why Flum is town based on end of day:

His frustration at Chaqa was very legitimate-sounding, and voting himself as a way to spite Chaqa and make him lose influence struck me as something Flum would totally do on principle. It struck me as out of character for Flum to call someone stupid as a way of lying and gaslighting them, which he would’ve been doing if he were scum. This, combined with my earlier one line townread of ghug, was enough to get me to reconsider and change my vote. But this isn’t where the townread ends.

Upon seeing that I had made the switch to vote Flum initially, Flum responds in his defeated post saying that I’m probably scum after all. When I switch back, Flum doesn’t immediately townread me, he asks me a question: If I were scum and Durga was town, would I take her out because she knows me, or try and fool her?

This question is a very obvious analog for his current situation, but I think the fact that he asks it reflects his thought process. When he saw I had voted him, he thought it would be because I was threatened as scum that he had more knowledge of me. When I switched back, his immediate concern became that I was scum and was now just playing with my food, as he was in a desperate position. When I adequately answer that, he makes the decision to trust me. He then asks me my town reads, which I took as asking my advice on who to trust at this end of day. He also asks me my read on Demon. These questions are ways for him to make the best informed decision he can as town — he trusts my judgment now and is looking for the best way to filter information.

His entire progression on me felt natural and expected. If he faked it, kudos, he got me. But I’ll leave this game confident Flum is town.
I get where you're coming from and why it looks that way, and I'll try to be more accurate and precise with my campaigns in the future. But I swear to you it's not coming from a place of malice, and I need you to realize this.

BusinessLamp

#6280 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:25 pm
im not gonna overly concern myself with if you are scum with flum
or scum with rhk or scum with bona or chaqa or the pope
frankly you just need to go bye bye tomorrow and thats really all there is to it
It seems like the crux of your scum read of me comes from the fact that I tried to lure you into a Sabi vote. That's what I'm trying to explain. If there's more to it than that, then please let me know. If it seems like I'm targeting you, that's because I am, because you've been my strongest town read all game. This probably reads as emotional manipulation but whatever, it's true. I'm on your side here, and have been the whole time. Idk what more to say.