M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#5501 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:31 pm

were absolutely gonna lose this game if we allow people to be in charge who only ever do a once over cursory glance at things and think mafia is just paint by numbers

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5502 Post by Chaqa » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:29 pm
alright well from now on im only interested in the opinions of people who are actually playing the game who put in actual effort and read the actual posts. I will vote out players regardless of if they are cleared even if they refuse to play a game that is built upon reading the thread
Oh back off with this shit.

I'm in the top four posters, I was critical in catching celaph, I am reading the thread. Just because I don't have the time or care to re-read the game doesn't mean I'm refusing to play.

You don't get to judge what I think is the appropriate way to analyze the game. You can critique it, sure, but saying I'm not playing the game is, quite frankly, insulting.

BusinessLamp

#5503 Post by BusinessLamp » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:32 pm

President Eden wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:24 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:20 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:02 pm
question Lamp.

do you want to play longer?

cuz I’m open to voting elsewhere
i really, really dont know the answer to this question LOL

part of me is excited to not have to think about this anymore and I will be relieved to have the time and mental space back but I also feel an extreme need to contribute as much as I can for as long as I can in the game. I do feel myself becoming less engaged, especially as important life events are happening. But I also was really looking forward to being in the endgame of this one and having more of an impact. Like I said in godthread submission, being voted out feels like the ultimate failure and therefore means I objectively played bad, so I don't want that to happen.

also no one commented on my second godthread post which i thought would've drawn more ire lol interested to hear people's thoughts on my strategy in the abstract
yea and unfortunately once you’re under the microscope, it’s hard to shake suspicion that’s established. know that feeling.

so what do you imagine should exonerate you that has already happened that we missed, and what outcome today and beyond (besides you flipping town obviously) do you think would exonerate you and enable you to be the endgame force for town that you’re hoping to be?
I mean I think circumstances change day to day. Say we voted Sabi and they flipped scum, I think I'd be clear lol. I think in my re-skim I'm going to focus on pulling out all the aspects of the game that once I'm town, people should look at. I feel like so much of the suspicion on me throughout the game has been weak and manufactured. It's also hard not to be aware of the fact that this railroading of me occurred when I said I would be away, but difficult to blame one specific person for that.

I mean as long as I'm in I'm still going to be trying to figure shit out. Probably will be less focused on defending myself after this point and would just use the time left to draw separate conclusions

brainbomb

#5504 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:33 pm

if spineless jellyfish wanna tell me how to play and what to do they can get bent. at least I read the game and try to solve the puzzle. killing off randoms in the hope the game is easy is not a winning strategy at all

President Eden

#5505 Post by President Eden » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:33 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:26 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:24 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:20 pm

i really, really dont know the answer to this question LOL

part of me is excited to not have to think about this anymore and I will be relieved to have the time and mental space back but I also feel an extreme need to contribute as much as I can for as long as I can in the game. I do feel myself becoming less engaged, especially as important life events are happening. But I also was really looking forward to being in the endgame of this one and having more of an impact. Like I said in godthread submission, being voted out feels like the ultimate failure and therefore means I objectively played bad, so I don't want that to happen.

also no one commented on my second godthread post which i thought would've drawn more ire lol interested to hear people's thoughts on my strategy in the abstract
yea and unfortunately once you’re under the microscope, it’s hard to shake suspicion that’s established. know that feeling.

so what do you imagine should exonerate you that has already happened that we missed, and what outcome today and beyond (besides you flipping town obviously) do you think would exonerate you and enable you to be the endgame force for town that you’re hoping to be?
Hang on Eden didn't you read Blamp's "god thread posts" and conclude that Blamp was probably town and they weren't faked?

Yet here you are voting him again.
I concluded (and expounded in a private note) that I am a sucker for emotion and that not knowing Lamp, I reached much too hard in just giving him a pass for the god thread post. especially given that Flum thought he could fake it. I saw bozo essentially powering through it and decided that I couldn’t reasonably discern whether it’s real or not and thus that I had to set it aside.

if it’s not readily apparent I’m quite conflicted about throwing Lamp out despite thinking there is solid evidence to do it

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5506 Post by Chaqa » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:34 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:33 pm
if spineless jellyfish wanna tell me how to play and what to do they can get bent. at least I read the game and try to solve the puzzle. killing off randoms in the hope the game is easy is not a winning strategy at all
Why are you talking about yourself?

brainbomb

#5507 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:35 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:32 pm
brainbomb wrote:
alright well from now on im only interested in the opinions of people who are actually playing the game who put in actual effort and read the actual posts. I will vote out players regardless of if they are cleared even if they refuse to play a game that is built upon reading the thread

I'm in the top four posters, I was critical in catching celaph, I am reading the thread. Just because I don't have the time or care to re-read the game doesn't mean I'm refusing to play.

You don't get to judge what I think is the appropriate way to analyze the game. You can critique it, sure, but saying I'm not playing the game is, quite frankly, insulting.
no the way you describe how I play is disgraceful. honestly its disgusting that you continue a culture of isolation and belittling because you just think you have a higher ability than others who play uniquely. all I see is you just guess based on litttle info and you get lucky sometimes. you dont even validate your own assumptions based on what you just admitted

brainbomb

#5508 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:37 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:34 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:33 pm
Why are you talking about yourself?
I mean its hilarious you say this. There is no one on this site who puts more individual bits of their personality onto these games than me. Nothing I do as town is ever easy or settling. If anything im too complicated

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5509 Post by dargorygel » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:38 pm

Please cease and desist council drama in the game. Stay in the game without distractions.

President Eden

#5510 Post by President Eden » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:39 pm

I don’t think there’s a world where mafia Chaqa feels the need to try to shut down brain in the thread when he has a nightkill to do it instead.

and I definitely don’t think brain tries to expand the POE as mafia when he’s out of it.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5511 Post by Chaqa » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:35 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:32 pm
brainbomb wrote:

no the way you describe how I play is disgraceful. honestly its disgusting that you continue a culture of isolation and belittling because you just think you have a higher ability than others who play uniquely. all I see is you just guess based on litttle info and you get lucky sometimes. you dont even validate your own assumptions based on what you just admitted
You don't even fucking know me man. You're so off base.

BusinessLamp

#5512 Post by BusinessLamp » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:43 pm

President Eden wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:39 pm
I don’t think there’s a world where mafia Chaqa feels the need to try to shut down brain in the thread when he has a nightkill to do it instead.

and I definitely don’t think brain tries to expand the POE as mafia when he’s out of it.
brain isnt nightkilled for like 4 more rounds tho, ya?

brainbomb

#5513 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:44 pm

It took me a second but I also tried to remove celaph. other than a brief few hours of living in a world were he could be town I would argue D2 I was the tipping point in getting celaph out while you were off pushing elsewhere. Werent you trying to elim damo at one point too?

I find it bizarre that you are talking about this as if youve done more to help town so far.

brainbomb

#5514 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:47 pm

I guess your philosophy is dont panic until its almost too late

and my philosophy is lets panic while we have time and energy to panic

President Eden

#5515 Post by President Eden » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:50 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:43 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:39 pm

brain isnt nightkilled for like 4 more rounds tho, ya?
if Chaqa were mafia and worried about brain then I don’t see why he wouldn’t simply nk brain after me (assuming I got saved last night and am thus free). I definitely think he wouldn’t bother getting into this scrum as scum.

we’ve been respecting the dead a bit more than usual for webDip, but it’s a long standing meme that when you die you just get ignored forever lol. and Chaqa could easily frame brain’s death as a frame.

this is obviously all speculative but that’s what I think Chaqa would do.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5516 Post by Chaqa » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:44 pm
It took me a second but I also tried to remove celaph. other than a brief few hours of living in a world were he could be town I would argue D2 I was the tipping point in getting celaph out while you were off pushing elsewhere. Werent you trying to elim damo at one point too?

I find it bizarre that you are talking about this as if youve done more to help town so far.
I had a solid scumread on celaph for most of Day 1. I just don't always feel the need for my vote to match my scumreads, because I think information gained from especially early votes and wagons is useful.

I did not ever push Damo. I had him as a townread early on following what I perceived as a townslip. In fact, I responded to you about this way long ago:
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:52 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:40 pm
is this one of those games where damo is tired of being town so he wants to see what happens if he just helps scum as much as possible
Damo townslipped
I would argue D2 I was the tipping point in getting celaph out while you were off pushing elsewhere.
This is not only objectively false, it's easily disprovable:

https://i.imgur.com/hEEonj6.png

Yeah, I switched to TFB at the last second, but they were both scum.

I think you're town brain. I think Eden is town. I don't think it's productive or wise for us to doubt each other - this is how towns lose.

brainbomb

#5517 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:52 pm

furthermore how much time out of a day phase is it productive to just keep repeating stay the course - blamp is scum

such a waste of a discussion time is only valueable insofar as it ends up being true. in which case all other discussion is tedious but at least it occurred and at least the discussion mattered.

I dont completely see why blamp is obvious as scum here and you keep refusing to even tell me a page to find your case on

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5518 Post by Chaqa » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:53 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:47 pm

I would agree with both halves of this post.

brainbomb

#5519 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:53 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:47 pm

I would agree with both halves of this post.
both philosophies have their time and place
there is a time to trust the process and a time to
divert because the process is flawed in the data

a quality scumteam has both sides of this they have a deep threat they have a big talker they have some lame ducks

brainbomb

#5520 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:57 pm

weve caught two scum by following what was easy and my argument is that whoever the other two scum are would be more cunning and set up to look good so plowing through a lineup of players who look like shit in the vca is probably the wrong direction at this point