M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2021 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:27 am

celaph wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:47 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:57 pm
celaph wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:54 pm

I continued the question because I cared less about what it said about you and more for what it said about Sabi. My initial misread acknowledged the fact that I was surprised that you would have forgotten – or as it turns out, I misinterpreted – this detail. And so, deir post saying that you wouldn’t forget such a detail makes little sense because I had literally just said that. It comes off as one who has an alignment indicative take about the situation, particularly with deir closing comment about you being off.

Their most recent reply indicates they didn’t have anything more to add. It makes me think their initial post was hollow, chiming in to be seen more than to contribute. That’s generally an indicator of scum, but I think Sabi’s posting style can also explain it.
hey celaph, good to see you 8-)

I think your analysis of what Sabi was doing there is good, but I notice you don’t come to a firm conclusion about their stance.

part of the reason I’m voting you is because it seems to me that you’ve done some of this type of thinking, but have not reached firm conclusions. please give me some idea of who your suspects are and why. thanks
TFB felt like he was saying things that he thinks that people want to hear and they are coming off in a way that feels quite unnatural. I also don't like the way that he has pushed Kak and feels like an opportunistic way to get out someone who is inactive.

Sabi is occupying a very similar strategy to their early games as town where dey are asking a lot of questions without deriving much from it. This makes me think that dey have reverted to a strategy that they know has gotten dem townread in the past seeing it as something dey can imitate. I am hesitant to kill the slot D1 because I think they are generating good conversations around them.

Jumping to live as I probably can't catch up in time. Feel free to reask questions if I've missed them.
also has towny intricaces

brainbomb

#2022 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:27 am

explain why scum celaph is trying to keep town kak safe?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2023 Post by dargorygel » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:28 am

The bot is better.

brainbomb

#2024 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:29 am

before I go further celaph feels eerily like capt meme did in the last game. so im not gonna hard defend him any further. and if we kill celaph thats ok

BesharamSabi

#2025 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:30 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:28 am
The bot is better.
Dargo I love you

BesharamSabi

#2026 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:30 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:29 am
before I go further celaph feels eerily like capt meme did in the last game. so im not gonna hard defend him any further. and if we kill celaph thats ok
Thank you for pointing out the posts. I will relook at them with fresh eyes tomorrow.

celaph

#2027 Post by celaph » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:31 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:15 am
So my original theory about Jamie and Sabi was that sabs was scum with Jamie and was annoyed at having to be on his team and it was affecting sabs ability to work with him.

now adding in the idea Jamie was pissed at bob because one of scums roles says they must act on day one (the flipper) to use their powers seems more like a reason for a scum to be mad at the gm than town.

we should go back and see who tried to calm Jamie down

also if you think about it sabi basically did everything but argue teammate jamie was scum in fact sabi repeatedly tried to justify a policy kill
on jamie only and then dropped it. which makes it seem
staged now
This reads like brainbomb is trying to distort what actually happened in whatever way makes it possible for Sabi to be scum here. I think dey rather clearly never really scumread Jamie, but just that dey were upset at him for other reasons. BB's probably town for this nonsense so I'd hope that he'd move on.

President Eden

#2028 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:33 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:14 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:13 am
ah finally a subject I understand

I was roleblocked
That subject being fakeclaims?
the M63 shade

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2029 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:39 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:29 am
Captainmeme who went the whole game without making a serious post?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2030 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:39 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:33 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:14 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:13 am
ah finally a subject I understand

I was roleblocked
That subject being fakeclaims?
the M63 shade
Honestly didn't even cross my mind. They're his bread and butter.

TheFlyingBoat

#2031 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:41 am

celaph wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:19 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:00 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:26 am

TFB was only mentioned once before this without any explanation or interaction from Maniac side.

Also this is weird thing to point out

I don't get the point of pointing this out/repeating how much he town reads celaph
That is interesting. Maniac trying to buddy/pocket Celaph or Maniac-Celaph scum team? Part of me leans the latter given I think I have Celaph as a scum lean, but that's so blatant from Maniac that part of me wonders if it is the former. I lean the latter personally as I think Maniac hopes we'll write it off as Maniac being Maniac, but I am curious as to your conclusion.

As for him never mentioning me at all before lumping me in with snowy and ghug without explanation and then voting for me after saying he doesn't like any of the major wagons? Mildly odd. One thing to note is that during this time, Chaqa is the third major wagon, tied with celaph. If he voted for Chaqa, as Sabi, Jamie, and I lobbied him to do Chaqa could have been tied for the lead. Maniac's strongest target was Chaqa. He had the shot and gave no indication his read on Chaqa changed and emphasized his read on Celaph was the same, but yet he didn't take the shot. Why?

For reference:
Maniac wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:58 am
Some thoughts

Chaqa - would vote for Celaph which makes me want to kill him now. Would more than happily vote Chaqa today.
Maniac wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:07 am

Chaqa - would vote for Celaph which makes me want to kill him with a blunt screwdriver now. Would more than happily vote Chaqa and then do an Irish jig today.
Maniac wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:29 am
@chaqa and Ghug. Oh come on! Iso Celaph. They advise us that chickens eat carrots, politely stands up for Autists without attacking people, sees the best in Jamie and expresses concern for Macca’s situation. Sure they haven’t done anything to help town win the game, but we just can’t daykill them today and anyone trying to (looking at you Chaqa) is a monster.
Either Maniac is insane or at a minimum 2 of the 3 of Chaqa, Maniac, and Celaph are scum imo.
Why don't you consider town Maniac in your early paragraphs? In my mind, the most suspicious part of Maniac's actions are that his explanation of his read of me doesn't read like a townread, but rather a protect read. He straight up says "Sure they haven’t done anything to help town win the game, but we just can’t daykill them today". That isn't a thing you say when you actually townread someone, but something you say when you want to keep me alive for other reasons. This doesn't match his EOD vote where he says that he actually townreads me.

That said, you're portraying him as someone who is obsessively talking only about me when he isn't. I think it's rather natural that he's spoken multiple times about someone he both townreads and was the main cw at EOD. And, more importantly to why I don't think he's trying to pocket me, is that I've been satisfied with his posts outside of the focus on me. I think his reads list lays out his standing rather clearly and I liked his take on Macca subbing out.

I dislike this feeling that TFB's post comes in with an agenda.
1) you are correct his reads of you were weird but I was willing to chalk that up to maniac being weird at the time, perhaps I shouldn't

2) I didn't consider him town for much of that post despite supporting him earlier because his vote was so scummy and his explanations for it are wholly unsatisfying. He was protecting someone and it was either you or Chaqa or both.

3) you're deliberately misreading my point. The issue isn't he mentioned Chaqa a lot. The issue is for all of the day he said Chaqa was his number one kill priority. Not just a minor scum read, but his primary target. If you look at the full posts I link to in that post you'll see that Chaqa was always his primary target. Yet when given the chance to make Chaqa the lead wagon he passed to vote for someone he'd only vote for if he had to. Nothing he has said so far has ever given us a satisfactory explanation for it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2032 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:41 am

I find brain's "look how great and towny celaph is but also y'all can kill him I won't argue" schtick very strange.

brainbomb

#2033 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:42 am

if you wanna get technical every person shouldve claimed roleblock because then scum wont know if their target really was pr or not

brainbomb

#2034 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:43 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:41 am
I find brain's "look how great and towny celaph is but also y'all can kill him I won't argue" schtick very strange.
its strange because my mind is tired and this game is making me feel old and im very bored all at the same time. so if we kill celaph at least were into a new phase with new ideas

celaph

#2035 Post by celaph » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:44 am

Off to eat dinner and bake a tart for my PI. Be back to finish catching up later tonight.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2036 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:44 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:43 am
ghug wrote:
its strange because my mind is tired and this game is making me feel old and im very bored all at the same time. so if we kill celaph at least were into a new phase with new ideas
Like this answer

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2037 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:45 am

celaph wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:44 am
Off to eat dinner and bake a tart for my PI. Be back to finish catching up later tonight.
Private investigator?

BesharamSabi

#2038 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:49 am

ghug wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:43 am
ghug wrote:
Like this answer
I don't. Why do you like it?

BesharamSabi

#2039 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:49 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:45 am
celaph wrote:
Private investigator?
Pledge instructor?

Is celaph in a frat?

BesharamSabi

#2040 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:55 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:45 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:41 pm
chaqa is one of the most sophisticated and capable scum players ive ever seen. And I have seen him use at least 4 different scum
metas that are completely unalike.

So I am always worried about a chaqa on the loose. I feel sort of alright bout him currently and I could see him being town here. his deterministic attitude is more aggressive and pushes far into a scum meta he probably would have a very hard time maintaining. it is not like when he was scum with kgray at all.
For some perspective on this -

I don't really understand the concept of "a town meta" or "a scum meta" or "trying out a new meta"

Every game is different. Regardless of alignment, I approach every game and current situation in whatever way I think will best serve my win condition. This applies to even the types of things I will do. So when people say "don't do X is it's so scummy" or "Y behavior is scummy/anti-town/[insert insult here]" I don't really think that's anything except lazy, because there is always a reason to do something that might be valid, it's not always visible from an outside perspective.

TLDR meta isn't a real thing for me, though other players (like Sabi or HR) seem to like to force themselves into a certain style of play, which just seems fake and suspicious in general.
That tl;dr

In what ways is my style of play fake and sus > : (