M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BobMcBob

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3641 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:38 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:39 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:13 pm
Okay, I can absolutely see why bozo got the NK. He was switched on last night. I could go read him later, but I feel like my time is better spent doing isos, which I don't suck at.
Isos suck though.

See TFB misreading celaph's approval of Goldie's catch-up as a townread of Vecna a page ago.
Yeah well too bad, it makes me feel (and look) useful, so I'm doing them anyway. Although to be fair, doing it on dead town is probably a bad idea.

BobMcBob

#3642 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:37 pm
Just wanted to share with the class, I'm the cop and i have an innocent on Bofa
Who's bofa?

damo666

#3643 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:39 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Who's bofa?
Oh dear!

BobMcBob

#3644 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:49 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Who's bofa?
Oh dear!
I'm sorry, but you not picking up on the joke for so long was absolute gold. Also I'm amazed at how many poor assumptions you were able to make about your scumpool at around the same point in time.

BobMcBob

#3645 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:53 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:23 am
I dont know.

Also, I have a dinner date tomorrow and won't be around at EOD. Is 8pm EST the new normal EOD time? It's actually terrible timing.
Well I'm running the next game and I don't want to wake up at 7am every day, so it'll probably be later on mine too. But other than that, this is unusual.

BobMcBob

#3646 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:54 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:19 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:48 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:28 am

This
how often does this method work for y’all in these games? I’m just kind of befuddled by it because obviously everyone here is on a diplomacy site, so they have an intense interest in strategy. beyond that, they’re signing up for a mafia game and so have even more interest in the social deception side of things. so it’s just hard for me to imagine that people would have these stark differences they can’t correct. was this difference never mentioned before; is he unaware of it? Is it just that I’m overestimating how much some people think about this? Lol. Or do people flip their behaviors decently regularly?

if the answer is just like “yeah some people don’t try that hard to alter their game” then I’ll take your word for it. sorry I’m so hung up on this lol
It’s hard to say, certainly people will try to replicate their town game when they’re scum. Some are good at it, some not as much. I’m not sure about maniac specifically and whether he knows this opinion that I (and ghug apparently) have of him. In that game I’m referring to where he was scum I didn’t notice this and afaik nobody brought it up then. I don’t think he’s been scum since, so I think there’s a good chance it’s a reliable tell.
Excuse me, I absolutely nailed him as scum in what was almost one of the greatest gambits I've ever done if I wasn't also stupid.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3647 Post by kgray » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:02 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:54 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:19 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:48 am

how often does this method work for y’all in these games? I’m just kind of befuddled by it because obviously everyone here is on a diplomacy site, so they have an intense interest in strategy. beyond that, they’re signing up for a mafia game and so have even more interest in the social deception side of things. so it’s just hard for me to imagine that people would have these stark differences they can’t correct. was this difference never mentioned before; is he unaware of it? Is it just that I’m overestimating how much some people think about this? Lol. Or do people flip their behaviors decently regularly?

if the answer is just like “yeah some people don’t try that hard to alter their game” then I’ll take your word for it. sorry I’m so hung up on this lol
It’s hard to say, certainly people will try to replicate their town game when they’re scum. Some are good at it, some not as much. I’m not sure about maniac specifically and whether he knows this opinion that I (and ghug apparently) have of him. In that game I’m referring to where he was scum I didn’t notice this and afaik nobody brought it up then. I don’t think he’s been scum since, so I think there’s a good chance it’s a reliable tell.
Excuse me, I absolutely nailed him as scum in what was almost one of the greatest gambits I've ever done if I wasn't also stupid.
Yeah I scumread him too but not for the reasons I'm talking about here (ghug would like you to know that he did point out these particular differences, though). Mostly I thought that game he was being really preachy and sort of condescending and he hadn't done that as town. Just overall I'm saying I think this is different from that game and much more like the town!Maniac I'm used to.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3648 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:06 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Who's bofa?
8-)

https://youtu.be/TEYG1ZXU2Pc

BobMcBob

#3649 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:12 pm

Yeah the game certainly does feel like it's losing steam, and I think part of it is due to Durga being too obviously scum for anybody to care. Which means it's time for...
Question Time! I ask questions of varying degrees of value, and nobody answers, but I get to say I was trying to increase participation.

Durga, do you have any reads other than RHK scum? Why have you spent almost all of your posts arguing and insulting people instead of providing actual thoughts?

Damo, how confident are you that there was only one celaph busser?

I am now realising that usually I would ask people somewhat topical questions here, but everyone's doing actually so little that I can't think of anything to ask.

So um, give me your reads on people who aren't HR and Durga please everyone.

damo666

#3650 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:13 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:49 pm
damo666 wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

Who's bofa?
Oh dear!
I'm sorry, but you not picking up on the joke for so long was absolute gold. Also I'm amazed at how many poor assumptions you were able to make about your scumpool at around the same point in time.
If you know that I have plural poor assumptions you must be scum.

Which of my assumptions (other than you are town) are poor?

BobMcBob

#3651 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:24 pm

I like ghug as town quite a bit for now. Overall good thoughts and vibes.
Chaqa seems towny due to RB among other things.
HR and durga are, unsurprisingly, also my top scumreads. Who'd have thought?
Donny doesn't exist I swear. I guess maybe townlean because of his response to his wagon D1? If there's an endgame, Donny will probably be around for it at this rate.
I still don't like Jamie, but I think I can cool off on my scumread for his vote yesterday. Still not my favourite.
Vecna still sucks. Yeah sure, he's probably busy, but that doesn't mean he's not scum.
I'm still also not a fan of goldie, and as a camper on me, his vote isn't doing him any favours.
Bona is looking continually worse. His reaction to TFB is pretty bad. They're not both scum one would think, but bona is looking reasonably scummy.
TFB is absolutely relying on his one large post per day that nobody will read to carry his reputation. Not super into him as town, but I think the less likely out of him and bona.
Kgray is pretty good. For now.
Blamp is still pretty good. For now.
Rdr is entirely fine, he's been playing largely how I'd expect, but other than his vote yesterday, he hasn't done much that's very towny.
RHK is another player who is actually not in this game. Very lame, but not very scummy.
Maniac is seeming more like just lazy town the more I look at it.
Damo has some logic so horribly offensive that I almost wanna just put him as town. He hasn't done that much wrong other than tunneling me and being damo, so I'm okay putting him as town.

I think that's everyone.

damo666

#3652 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:26 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:12 pm
Yeah the game certainly does feel like it's losing steam, and I think part of it is due to Durga being too obviously scum for anybody to care. Which means it's time for...
Question Time! I ask questions of varying degrees of value, and nobody answers, but I get to say I was trying to increase participation.

Durga, do you have any reads other than RHK scum? Why have you spent almost all of your posts arguing and insulting people instead of providing actual thoughts?

I am now realising that usually I would ask people somewhat topical questions here, but everyone's doing actually so little that I can't think of anything to ask.

Very. Doesn't make sense for there to be more than 1 busser given 9-7 UNLESS TFB is scumPR but then celaph's vote looks odd. So I assume TFB is town and therefore max 1 busser on celaph except for a tiny possibility of rdr last minute bussing for towncred but I think that's negligible.

I'm pretty confident in my analysis. It looks like Durga is the flip today and I'd be surprised if she doesn't flip scum. We then kill Bona D4 and Maniac (say) D5. If Maniac flips scum kill gold D6, if Maniac is town then Vecna D7 and HR D8. Game over. And that's without any copscan reveals. Scum may as well concede.

BobMcBob

#3653 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:29 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:13 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:49 pm
damo666 wrote:

Oh dear!
If you know that I have plural poor assumptions you must be scum.

Which of my assumptions (other than you are town) are poor?
Well I was more talking about at the same time as you were trying to work out the bofa joke, when none of your possible scumteams contained durga or something similarly idiotic, but even taking one busser as such a strong assumption is pretty poor. It may be true, but you say it with perhaps too much confidence. Mostly just the fact that it took you so long to get a set of assumptions that wasn't actually ass though.

Also you'll be interested to know that I was originally going to say "wrong assumptions" but I realised how bad that sounded and changed it to poor.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3654 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:33 pm

I would vote Durga, but I'm pretty sure what will happen is she'll come back, make one or two half-joking posts, everyone will laugh and forget she's scum and vote out Bona or Bob or some other silly wagon.

Primary busser candidates: Vecna, TFB

Others on my scum radar (this is an ordered list):
Durga
HR
Maniac
Damo
Blamp
Goldie

BobMcBob

#3655 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:33 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:26 pm
BobMcBob wrote:

Very. Doesn't make sense for there to be more than 1 busser given 9-7 UNLESS TFB is scumPR but then celaph's vote looks odd. So I assume TFB is town and therefore max 1 busser on celaph except for a tiny possibility of rdr last minute bussing for towncred but I think that's negligible.

I'm pretty confident in my analysis. It looks like Durga is the flip today and I'd be surprised if she doesn't flip scum. We then kill Bona D4 and Maniac (say) D5. If Maniac flips scum kill gold D6, if Maniac is town then Vecna D7 and HR D8. Game over. And that's without any copscan reveals. Scum may as well concede.
I agree it looks bad for scum. I feel like my main issue is with your confidence, I don't like being this confident about things often, or saying this person must be scum or whatever. But I think your assumptions now are probably largely correct, and definitely useful at least, even though they come from your POV. You're normally not this good at sounding reasonable about assuming yourself as town in your theories, and I'm not sure how I feel about it

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3656 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:33 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:26 pm
BobMcBob wrote:

Love the boldness. I'm with you except I think Bona is town.

If he isn't, he can be the last scum we kill :shrug:

BobMcBob

#3657 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:34 pm

Also ##vote HR just to keep another wagon viable. I'll be back for eod anyway.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3658 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:45 pm

Do we want to just hammer Durga? lol

damo666

#3659 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:45 pm
Do we want to just hammer Durga? lol
##unend

Never gonna happen, need 9.

damo666

#3660 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:59 pm

@bob and @Chaqa yeah I'm probably being overconfident, I just get excited when I thik I have it solved and get carried away. I do think I'm right though.