M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#4921 Post by ghug » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:10 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:58 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:57 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:49 am

strange

i wonder what it means
Something Nefarious Implied; Probably Explained, Duh!

##Vote Maniac
Beyond the badness of voting either, Maniac is just so much more stupid than gold that I can't understand how your could possibly come to it.
This post is rife with drunken irony but at least I didn't typo a Maniac vote.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4922 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:25 am

I agree the right play is to avoid voting Gold and Maniac at least for a while.
I am not sure HR is scum anymore after last day. Still possible, but less likely.

I had a feeling that keep getting back that Ghug is scum, the way he tried to get Vecna off the hook yesterday is what I expect from scum Ghug.

##vote Ghug

TheFlyingBoat

#4923 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:33 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:10 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:58 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:57 am

Something Nefarious Implied; Probably Explained, Duh!

##Vote Maniac
Beyond the badness of voting either, Maniac is just so much more stupid than gold that I can't understand how your could possibly come to it.
This post is rife with drunken irony but at least I didn't typo a Maniac vote.
The best part is even after the fix there was still a typo in your edited/corrected quote :P

Also did I make a typo in my post? I don't see it. But that's probably because I am still a bit tipsy haha. Riperino. Uh why I did something that stupid is pretty easily explained. I read kgray's solve of the crumb while drunk, thought it was genius, saw that Maniac was likely the godfather, and in my drunken state celebrated and put my vote on Maniac. Then I read Maniac's post and via the power of math I realized I was indeed a moron and shouldn't do anything that stupid at which point I moved back to voting from my reads list, which was constructed at least a bit more intelligently given that I am batting 1.000 from it and voted for rdr. Anyways should go to sleep now :nmr: :nmr: :nmr:

damo666

#4924 Post by damo666 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:42 am

Well done kgray for working out the puzzle*.

I think the last 2 scum are Bona and HR.

##VOTE BONA

Fingers crossed Bona is the dk and flips GF.

If GF not flipped by D9 then we got to seriously consider G and M if they remain alive.

However I had Vecna and Gold as unlikely pair so Maniac more likely of the 2.

* No town points for kgray for solving though considering scum killed demon. Just puts a tiny '?' next to kgray.

TheFlyingBoat

#4925 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:46 am

Is the issue you have with the semicolon? I guess it's probably incorrect. I kinda just wanted something with more oomph than a comma. Maybe I should have used an em-dash or something, idk. What has more oomph than a comma and less than a period that joins two dependent clauses?

damo666

#4926 Post by damo666 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:48 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:46 am
Is the issue you have with the semicolon? I guess it's probably incorrect. I kinda just wanted something with more oomph than a comma. Maybe I should have used an em-dash or something, idk. What has more oomph than a comma and less than a period that joins two dependent clauses?
Take a nap TFB

TheFlyingBoat

#4927 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:55 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:42 am

##VOTE BONA

If GF not flipped by D9 then we got to seriously consider G and M if they remain alive.

* No town points for kgray for solving though considering scum killed demon. Just puts a tiny '?' next to kgray.
oooh spicy. At the points where I started to soften on bona and reconsidered his scumminess I had him pinged for a town pr, but perhaps I was right to be hard and his too scum to be scum strat and crazy tunneling was to draw a cop scan that would come up inno and semi-clear him for some time? I think Bona should still remain behind rdr on my list for the time being though.

TheFlyingBoat

#4928 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:56 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:48 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:46 am
Take a nap TFB
yeah good call. good night for real this time! :nmr: :nmr: :nmr:

TheFlyingBoat

#4929 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:20 am

Just kidding, one last dumb drunk thought before I sleep. Is it possible that one of the then three scum caught Demon's hint some time late during N3, but didn't have enough time to gather the votes to change the kill off of lamp? If so, realizing that they had found the last PR, could that scum member have given the order in scum chat that Vecna was to be bussed, potentially conditionally on activity or potentially just outright no matter what, with the knowledge that Vecna was for all intents and purposes an ordinary Goon after discovering the last PRs crumbs and therefore his PRness basically meant fuck all in terms of whether or not to bus on D4? Would that mean we're looking for two scum on the Vecna wagon? I'll look into this tomorrow. Good night for real for real for real this time :lol: :nmr:

Jamiet99uk

#4930 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:24 am

After all the good work we've done to put town into the lead, it now appears everyone is confused.

Let's remove a source of confusion who is definitely in the scumpool.

##Vote Bonatogether.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#4931 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:17 pm

I've done by best to re-read Bonatogether. Tricky because he posts a lot and not all of his posts are very clearly written. He tends to cry "lame!" and "stupid!" at people a lot.

A few themes that stand out to me, and there's potentially so much that I need to split it into chapters:

Chapter 1. His insistence on TFB being top scum, and his D2 about-turn on Celaph:

This emerges relatively out of nowhere. His first clashes with TFB occur around P.50 when Bona is calling BusinessLamp scummy and stupid because of the tone of one of his posts. TFB responds to this, they have a brief argument, and then Bonatogethr follows Kgray onto TFB for no clear reason. He continues to argue with TFB and criticise him but without articulating why TFB is scum.

As D1 goes on, Bona moves off TFB onto other targets, but repeatedly goes back, generally for no stated reason, and that's the wagon he ends on D1.

Having not pushed or made any case on TFB during N1, in D2 Bona starts straight off with a TFB vote that never wavers at all, in contracts to him flopping his vote all over the place D1. He calls TFB "scummy" and snipes at his posts, but makes no clear arguments for why, apart from some basic OMGUS on P.150.

At EoD2 Bona spends most of his time dissing the Celaph wagon rather than telling anyone why TFB is a better wagon.

Now let's look at Bona's attitude to Celaph during D2.

On page 131 Bona argues with Celaph and when Celaph tries to make a joke, says "Jokey Celaph is more likely to be scum Celaph".

On page 141 Bona says "I think this is scum!celaph white knighting town!bob".

On page 150 after Celaph votes TFB, he says: "Boat man's scummates have given up on him".

So clearly for much of D2, Bona was claiming to scumread Celaph.

Six pages later, P.156, and EoD is coming. Suddenly Bona totally changes his tune:

"Celaph wagon is trash and everyone on it should feel trash"

A total U-turn since he was calling Celaph scum just a few pages earlier, and had done so several times.

Despite Bona's last-minute objections we vote out Celaph, who flips scum. Good result, right? Well not if you're Bona, apparently, because he's furious. He flies into an absolute raging temper tantrum, throwing abuse at TFB, and then at Ghug as well when Ghug questions his motivations.

Looking back this is still a weird EoD2 look for Bona. He goes from scumreading Celaph to defending Celaph and trying to get people off Celaph's wagon, and is openly upset and angry when scum Celaph dies. Even though Celaph flipped scum, Bona repeatedly argues that TFB would have been a much better kill, implying (thought never outright saying) that he assumes TFB is a Mafia PR.

Day 3: Bona votes TFB all day long, and is the only person to do so, therefore totally wasting his vote while the sensible people kill Durga. Bona makes one attempt to attack the Durga wagon, on Page 185, and then largely checks out. D2 Bona had posted 87 times, in D3 he posts only 13 times. In fact he devoted more activity to complaining about the death of scum Celaph during N2 than his entire activity on D3. Does this look like losing scum being first angry and then despondent because his team is losing and his team-mates are dying around him? Could be?

Day 4: Bona is still not very active. Votes TFB but doesn't push the wagon AT ALL, and goes absent. Comes back at EoD, moves to Chaqa who he had town-read during N3, and gives no reasoning why. Moves to Goldfinger as EoD gets closer, and then joins the Vecna wagon at the same time as me and TFB do.

And that's about that. The unexplained flip from scumreading Celaph to attacking the Celaph wagon, and then the anger and bitterness after Celaph died, coupled with his lack of a clear case on TFB and his scumread on him appearing to evolve out of nowhere and just become totally locked in because reasons, look bad to me.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

damo666

#4932 Post by damo666 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:24 am
After all the good work we've done to put town into the lead, it now appears everyone is confused.

Let's remove a source of confusion who is definitely in the scumpool.

##Vote Bonatogether.
I agree we need to sort this slot. After all, it is Bona contention.

Jamiet99uk

#4933 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:13 pm

Bona re-read, Chapter 2:
Bona loves Bob McBob 4 eva

From the very start of D1 Bona starts saying things like "Bob is right, as always", and making it clear he has total faith in Bob, come what may, and shouting "Bob is town!" at any opportunity.

P.50 he votes Damo as a chainsaw reaction to Damo voting Bob.
P.62 he sheeps Bob onto Maniac.
P.74 he declares "Bob will not be a counterwagon today."
P.78 "Bob will never die"

N1 his immediate response to Fluminator's flip is to jubilantly exclaim "Bob is alive 8-) 8-) 8-)"

On D2 Bob again became a wagon.

P.121 Bona defends Bob.
P.125 he does criticise Bob's reasoning in a post where Bob had townread BusinessLamp.
P.131 he accuses Scum!Celaph of "white-knighting" Town!Bob - this was while he was still into Celaph being scum.

On D3 Bona has gone all sullen. Bob is not a wagon. Bona does not mention him at all.

On N3 Bona declares Bob "partially cleared" due to Durga and Celaph voting for him D1.

On D4 Dona doesn't mention Bob. N4 he does back to saying what a good guy Bob is, but that's all.

Conclusion:

Either Bona has an EMC-babying-to-Daddy-Ghug level boy crush on Bob, or this looks to me like Scum!Bona buddying Bob McBob.

Scratch this if Bob is scum, but that doesn't seem super likely to me just now.

Jamiet99uk

#4934 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:14 pm

Chapter 3 will be titled "Bona doesn't like new lamps" and is coming soon.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4935 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:28 pm

Did we ever figure why RHK underlined the R?

damo666

#4936 Post by damo666 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:31 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:28 pm
I think he was pointing out to look at capital letters. I don't think the R in itself is particularly relevant.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4937 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:31 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:28 pm
I think he was pointing out to look at capital letters. I don't think the R in itself is particularly relevant.
That makes sense I guess

BesharamSabi

#4938 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:46 pm

VOTE COUNT VERSION 5.01

its cold

damo666 (2) Maniac Chaqa
Bonatogether (2) damo666 Jamiet99uk
Hellenic Riot (1) goldfinger0303
Jamiet99uk (1) ghug
Donny Dude (1) Hellenic Riot
goldfinger0303 (1) Bonatogether
rdrivera2005 (1) TheFlyingBoat
ghug (1) rdrivera2005

Non-votes: BobMcBob, Donny Dude, kgray

NO ONE IS SET TO EAT A POISONOUS FISH

EOD IS IN 34 HOURS AND 15 MINS

The couple in the painting "American Gothic" are actually father and daughter and not husband and wife.

Bonatogether

#4939 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:42 am

##VOTE BONA

In what world does kgray solving the puzzle add a question mark?

Bonatogether

#4940 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:17 pm

Six pages later, P.156, and EoD is coming. Suddenly Bona totally changes his tune:

"Celaph wagon is trash and everyone on it should feel trash"

A total U-turn since he was calling Celaph scum just a few pages earlier, and had done so several times.

people asked me and i gave a reason for this at the time
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:59 am
celaph wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:58 am
Durga wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:56 am
Where did celaph even go??
I'm here trying to write up last minute thoughts. tl;dr kgray blamp very towny. I like the support from Bona, but not sure why he went form calling me scum bussing TFB to calling my wagon trash.
your wagon is trash cause it's not boat man