M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DeathLlama8

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#481 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:48 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:11 am
Im getting weird flum energy.
Lamp has the new person feel.
- flum had three shitposts when you said this, what was weird about it
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:05 am
Bona, you are cringe for this post, but I forgive you. But so long as you +1 my posts you are safe from any votes early in the game.
- initially scumread tfb (and also +1'd the ghug post) because it's an incredibly awkward response to some minimal early pressure. kind of "I'm obligated to respond to it because it scumreads me, but idk what to write" vibes. The later discussion with ghug seems fine though
BusinessLamp wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:12 am
you know that feeling when you walk/drive past a cop and your heart starts racing even though you are a law-abiding citizen?

that is how i feel any time i press the submit button
- this has probably been said but I have a hard time imagining new scum making this post so early
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:13 pm
It's an incredibly lazy post for Bozo, and seems rather arbitrary even beyond that, as I don't think anyone has done anything super town-ish yet, but somehow he's classified at least 12 players as having done so. His list reeks of easy D1 kills.
- I'm not thrilled with the Bozo post either but this seems like a lazy attempt to attribute scum motivations to something that doesn't seem alignment indicative

- Donny's indignation during that interaction with celaph seemed pretty genuine. I don't see why it would be explicitly town-indicative but it feels townie to me?

DeathLlama8

#482 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:49 am

Flum, what did you expect our reaction to the trust tell to be and are we doing that?

DeathLlama8

#483 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:50 am

feeling a ##vote bobmcbob tbh

DeathLlama8

#484 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:52 am

he's been vaguely around and throwing a lot of weird shade without really looking for mafia

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm
Final thoughts for the night. Bona is cool. I have no issues with TFB. Ghug is making some odd logics but it's nothing alarming. Blamp is pretty cool. We're probably just gonna end up shooting lurker #2 at this rate, but as long as it's not goldfinger... sure, it's acceptable.
these are not the words of someone who particularly cares who dies d1

bozotheclown

#485 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:53 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:18 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:09 pm

I'm gonna need to explain why you have Donny and Rivera on here but not Bob, theflyingboat, Flum or Fox, please.
Bob and TFB seem to be trying to generate discussion. I get the feeling Foxcastle was looking for reactions with his one longer post. Fluminator said he was town.
Generating discussion on what? Memes? OOG factors? And Fox stated he was looking for laughs. You think that's towny, or do you think he was actually looking for some sort of alignment-indicative reactions? But mostly, you think Flum stating he's town is more town-motivated than two of the people on your list who actually provided some form of a read?
I don't know what OOG means, but yes, I thought it could be a type of reaction test. Fluminator saying he is town is a good indicator, certainly good enough for D1.

Bonatogether

#486 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:54 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:47 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:29 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:21 pm

I don't know about Kgray. Not very active so far outside of commenting on TFB and Ghug. Need to see more. No town vibes today. Kgray usually.... tries?

I find Ghug hard to read although there are some little tells he has, which I have my eyes, ears, and nostrils open for.
That's fair.
I do have to agree with your damo take above.
I was going to use blamp as a Durga reader but now don't think thats a good idea.
yeah this is definitely a bad idea. For one, Durga and I mostly communicate over voice calls and have never been in a game environment together, so the mode of communication does not lend itself for me to have any more knowledge than others. Also, I have no idea how good at this in general I am lmao. No idea how solid my reads will be or if I'll be way way off.

not to mention, while i appreciate the trust, using anyone else as an indicator feels like it would just be a way to scapegoat/transfer blame to that person later on.
blamp, this is a stupid take

also the sudden jump to talk formally from not even capitalizing makes me kinda scumread you cause i do that sometimes when i'm lying. also you go back to not capitalizing like a nerd next paragraph

Bonatogether

#487 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:48 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:11 am
Im getting weird flum energy.
Lamp has the new person feel.
- flum had three shitposts when you said this, what was weird about it
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:05 am
Bona, you are cringe for this post, but I forgive you. But so long as you +1 my posts you are safe from any votes early in the game.
- initially scumread tfb (and also +1'd the ghug post) because it's an incredibly awkward response to some minimal early pressure. kind of "I'm obligated to respond to it because it scumreads me, but idk what to write" vibes. The later discussion with ghug seems fine though
BusinessLamp wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:12 am
you know that feeling when you walk/drive past a cop and your heart starts racing even though you are a law-abiding citizen?

that is how i feel any time i press the submit button
- this has probably been said but I have a hard time imagining new scum making this post so early
Chaqa wrote:
It's an incredibly lazy post for Bozo, and seems rather arbitrary even beyond that, as I don't think anyone has done anything super town-ish yet, but somehow he's classified at least 12 players as having done so. His list reeks of easy D1 kills.
- I'm not thrilled with the Bozo post either but this seems like a lazy attempt to attribute scum motivations to something that doesn't seem alignment indicative

- Donny's indignation during that interaction with celaph seemed pretty genuine. I don't see why it would be explicitly town-indicative but it feels townie to me?
2) what 'early' (what does that work even mean when we're not even past page 50) pressure boat man recieving?

3) people said that for me after the whole 'kill the highposters' thing and they said it for sabi after the scumteams townslip and it was not good for them

bozotheclown

#488 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:57 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:22 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:39 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:03 pm

I will say it is somewhat impressive how many posts Bona has made without saying anything, but that's D1 Bona I guess?

Do you think Chaqa and Demon still merit spots on your list after today's posts?

Can you explain your view on Donny further?

Non-posters italicized. People who have made public preemptory excused have been underlined.

What do you make of rdr's defense of you?
Maybe not for DemonRHK, but Chaqa's attempt to wagon me based on questionable logic and and a mischaracterization of my post does not seem town motivated.

Donny, like Bonatogether, had posted a lot, but had not seemed to take a position on anyone despite the high number of posts.

rdrivera's defense could be town motivated or a pocketing attempt, but I do not recall rdrivera ever trying to pocket me when he was mafia.
What did Demon do that made you change your mind, and do you not think he's just as likely to be attempting to pocket you as Rivera?

Also, Donny townread ghug so you are incorrect in saying he has not taken a position on anyone.
Maybe RHK qualifying his defense with saying it was low effort made me less likely to think it might be pocketing. Maybe RHK has mastered the art of pocketing with just enough criticism to alleviate the suspicion of pocketing.

Bonatogether

#489 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:57 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:52 am
he's been vaguely around and throwing a lot of weird shade without really looking for mafia

BobMcBob wrote:
Final thoughts for the night. Bona is cool. I have no issues with TFB. Ghug is making some odd logics but it's nothing alarming. Blamp is pretty cool. We're probably just gonna end up shooting lurker #2 at this rate, but as long as it's not goldfinger... sure, it's acceptable.
??????????

he hasn't shaded anyone?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#490 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:57 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:52 am

BobMcBob wrote:
idk I've really vibed with some of his posts and I don't think it's that scummy to not care who dies d1. Unless we get lucky with someone being obvscum it's pretty hard for me to make reads d1, let alone champion a wagon.

DeathLlama8

#491 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:58 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 am
2) what 'early' (what does that work even mean when we're not even past page 50) pressure boat man receiving?
like you and kgray calling him scummy on page 7 or smth
3) people said that for me after the whole 'kill the highposters' thing and they said it for sabi after the scumteams townslip and it was not good for them
yeah obviously it's not ironclad halfway through d1 but i wouldn't want to kill the lamp today

bozotheclown

#492 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:58 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:22 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:39 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:03 pm

I will say it is somewhat impressive how many posts Bona has made without saying anything, but that's D1 Bona I guess?

Do you think Chaqa and Demon still merit spots on your list after today's posts?

Can you explain your view on Donny further?

Non-posters italicized. People who have made public preemptory excused have been underlined.

What do you make of rdr's defense of you?
Maybe not for DemonRHK, but Chaqa's attempt to wagon me based on questionable logic and and a mischaracterization of my post does not seem town motivated.

Donny, like Bonatogether, had posted a lot, but had not seemed to take a position on anyone despite the high number of posts.

rdrivera's defense could be town motivated or a pocketing attempt, but I do not recall rdrivera ever trying to pocket me when he was mafia.
What did Demon do that made you change your mind, and do you not think he's just as likely to be attempting to pocket you as Rivera?

Also, Donny townread ghug so you are incorrect in saying he has not taken a position on anyone.
Donny's read of ghug falls too much within the range of potential pocketing for me to conclude it is town motivated.

BusinessLamp

#493 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:59 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:
##Vote Bozotheclown

It is 11 players, and I never said they have all done something "super town-ish" yet, I only implied they have posted at least one thing that seemed to me to have a town motivation. That is a significant mischaracterization when you are trying to start a wagon on me.
wouldn't it be better to list the people you thought were town and why? rather than just giving a list of people you seemingly feel nothing about

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#494 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:59 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:53 am
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:18 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 pm

Bob and TFB seem to be trying to generate discussion. I get the feeling Foxcastle was looking for reactions with his one longer post. Fluminator said he was town.
Generating discussion on what? Memes? OOG factors? And Fox stated he was looking for laughs. You think that's towny, or do you think he was actually looking for some sort of alignment-indicative reactions? But mostly, you think Flum stating he's town is more town-motivated than two of the people on your list who actually provided some form of a read?
I don't know what OOG means, but yes, I thought it could be a type of reaction test. Fluminator saying he is town is a good indicator, certainly good enough for D1.
OOG is out of game, like the puzzle thing boatman was talking about. Basically irrelevant, and therefore I don't understand why you think talking about those kinds of things would be towny.

I'll assume you're trolling with the last sentence because I can't see you being that silly as either town or scum lmao

Bonatogether

#495 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:59 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:58 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 am
2) what 'early' (what does that work even mean when we're not even past page 50) pressure boat man receiving?
like you and kgray calling him scummy on page 7 or smth
yeah obviously it's not ironclad halfway through d1 but i wouldn't want to kill the lamp today
we literally said he wasn't being scummy then you dummy

BusinessLamp

#496 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:00 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:57 pm
Donny Dude wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:53 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:50 pm

im already voting sabi

8-) 8-)
You are voting for Chaqa.
That is an interesting oversight from bona.
What do you think it could indicate?

DeathLlama8

#497 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:01 am

lmfao guess I'll go back to lurking

DeathLlama8

#498 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:02 am

kgray wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:01 am
boatman seems scummy to me based on his posts so far

Bonatogether

#499 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:00 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:57 pm
Donny Dude wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:53 pm

You are voting for Chaqa.
That is an interesting oversight from bona.
What do you think it could indicate?
say what you think

asking stupid questions does nothing

DeathLlama8

#500 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:04 am
kgray wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:01 am
boatman seems scummy to me based on his posts so far
seconded