M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Donny Dude

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1781 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:24 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:21 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:01 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:54 am

Yes, the fact he painted an ever-bigger target on himself by responding to people pressuring him for something by doing it even more, with a wider net to make even more people look at him, is not a response I would expect anyone with a modicum of intelligence to make as scum. See Bob, I was crediting you with being intelligent all along! ;)
You expected Bob as scum to shift instead of repeating the same thing.
That makes sense.
@BOB
Would you say EOD was chaotic?
Not particularly, but I had no idea why half the wagons were there and spent a lot of it trying to catch up on relevant information, so I'd say that for me it was somewhat chaotic. Also the thread was moving pretty fast.
Alright, thats about what I expected.

BobMcBob

#1782 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:27 am

Also I feel like I often end up being more abrasive than I intend to be or should be during these games, so feel free to call me out for it if it's becoming a problem. Just a note.

TheFlyingBoat

#1783 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:28 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:24 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:19 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:19 am
I can´t catch up now. Can someone explain me why Donny?
Can you explain why anyone else?
Oh look, he isn't just rude to me! I mostly forgive you HR.
???

This is nice HR

DeathLlama8

#1784 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:28 am

I typed up a bunch of EOD notes and then I read them over and they were kind of useless, so here are the main points i guess

- HR actually did a lot more subtle work, whether deliberate or not, to solidify the flum kill than I remembered. Main things I noticed were their interaction with kgray over the flum-rdr connection (which I agreed with, but definitely would've served to nudge rdr considerers towards flum) and the post that town!flum wouldn't wallpost with so much time left before the deadline (which I do not agree with in general, although that's easy to say now). I don't think it's alignment indicative or inconsistent given that they generally wanted flum to die, but it's pretty noticeable.

- I don't think lamp and bona were contradicting their stated tfb>flum>bob preferences at EOD, but I would like to hear why they thought the flum wallpost was so intrinsically towny, because neither actually stated that at EOD. kgray also seemed to oppose a tfb wagon and not explicitly oppose a bob wagon, so given that she thought the flum post was towny this makes sense.

- The actually interesting switch is DemonRHK, who voted damo -> celaph -> flum -> theflyingboat in the final hour. The whole EOD is kind of weird, I don't get the logic behind
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:24 am
I townread more people on the donny wagon, but the flum convo will not go away till one of flum or jamie is dead. Ghug is a meh 3rd wagon.

Anyone0 feeling a flash ##vote damo wagon?
It also seems inconsistent with
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:47 am
The flum wagon has ben rigid which cements my townreads on most of them, regardless of damo being on it.

##Vote flum
(if you already kinda townread the whole flum wagon, why did you like the donny wagon more? why did you try to flash damo and celaph?)

and the final TFB vote (they never really talk about bob at all?)

- it's unusual that bob was asking for reasons for a bunch of wagons at EOD but not his own, which he was pretty dismissive of, then immediately asked why people were on his wagon after the day was already over. overall EOD was probably NAI though, I think I tend to scumread people more who play weirdly and I think either way he just wasn't able to catch up quickly enough

- it's comparatively interesting how little momentum the rdr wagon got compared to donny and even bob. It would be fine if there was actual opposition, but I don't like that people just ignored it (in hindsight I am also guilty of this)

DeathLlama8

#1785 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:29 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:19 am
Also I would like everyone on my wagon at the end of the day (except maniac) to explain why. I don't care if you have stated a case on me already, please state it again anyway. Not that I think that'll be a problem.
vibes

DeathLlama8

#1786 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:30 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:27 am
Also I feel like I often end up being more abrasive than I intend to be or should be during these games, so feel free to call me out for it if it's becoming a problem. Just a note.
you not sending me a picture of your role DM is pretty abrasive tbh

BusinessLamp

#1787 Post by BusinessLamp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 am

@Deathllama, I think I became thoroughly convinced Flum was innocent based on the timing of the last post, less so the content. If it was a measure to save himself, he would’ve posted it when he first referred to it instead of having some banter back and forth with others. so when he was being dramatic and hemming and hawing, it was like “oh no this is wrong” but I still felt a need to wait for it to be posted. hence me rushing him

DeathLlama8

#1788 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:36 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:52 am
Damo, HR, Bob, DL, Donny are all top scumreads...with a big question mark for Maniac as well.
why exactly is HR here?

Donny Dude

#1789 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:38 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:28 am
I typed up a bunch of EOD notes and then I read them over and they were kind of useless, so here are the main points i guess

- HR actually did a lot more subtle work, whether deliberate or not, to solidify the flum kill than I remembered. Main things I noticed were their interaction with kgray over the flum-rdr connection (which I agreed with, but definitely would've served to nudge rdr considerers towards flum) and the post that town!flum wouldn't wallpost with so much time left before the deadline (which I do not agree with in general, although that's easy to say now). I don't think it's alignment indicative or inconsistent given that they generally wanted flum to die, but it's pretty noticeable.

- I don't think lamp and bona were contradicting their stated tfb>flum>bob preferences at EOD, but I would like to hear why they thought the flum wallpost was so intrinsically towny, because neither actually stated that at EOD. kgray also seemed to oppose a tfb wagon and not explicitly oppose a bob wagon, so given that she thought the flum post was towny this makes sense.

- The actually interesting switch is DemonRHK, who voted damo -> celaph -> flum -> theflyingboat in the final hour. The whole EOD is kind of weird, I don't get the logic behind
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:24 am
I townread more people on the donny wagon, but the flum convo will not go away till one of flum or jamie is dead. Ghug is a meh 3rd wagon.

Anyone0 feeling a flash ##vote damo wagon?
It also seems inconsistent with
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:47 am
The flum wagon has ben rigid which cements my townreads on most of them, regardless of damo being on it.

##Vote flum
(if you already kinda townread the whole flum wagon, why did you like the donny wagon more? why did you try to flash damo and celaph?)

and the final TFB vote (they never really talk about bob at all?)

- it's unusual that bob was asking for reasons for a bunch of wagons at EOD but not his own, which he was pretty dismissive of, then immediately asked why people were on his wagon after the day was already over. overall EOD was probably NAI though, I think I tend to scumread people more who play weirdly and I think either way he just wasn't able to catch up quickly enough

- it's comparatively interesting how little momentum the rdr wagon got compared to donny and even bob. It would be fine if there was actual opposition, but I don't like that people just ignored it (in hindsight I am also guilty of this)
Bob does seem annoyed with the people on his wagon, but not panicking.
At that point bob had 3 votes along with rdr with flum at 6.

DeathLlama8

#1790 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:41 am

he's annoyed during the day and typecasts everyone on it as not understanding how he plays, but he doesn't demand reasons for the vote until flum flips town

DeathLlama8

#1791 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:44 am

if I had to give an alignment to that specifically then shifting attitudes once flum flipped (as if realizing EOD was TvT) is plausibly townie. mostly I just don't understand what he's doing though

DeathLlama8

#1792 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:46 am

but also like the audacity to say "great job everyone, bravo" after a miskill when you spent the entire EOD wandering around asking why wagons were being formed

Donny Dude

#1793 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:53 am

All good points dl

BobMcBob

#1794 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:58 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:46 am
but also like the audacity to say "great job everyone, bravo" after a miskill when you spent the entire EOD wandering around asking why wagons were being formed
I did my best to accommodate a wagon that I didn't hate, TFB, but most people decided to stick on Flum anyway despite it being pretty clear (at least to me) that it was just flum being flum. So yes i was annoyed the flum kill went through, and no I wasn't aimlessly doing things during EoD. If I asked why a wagon was there, it was because I wanted to make an informed decision on limited time, not because I was lazy or clueless.

Donny Dude

#1795 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:12 am

Maniac wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:03 am
@BusinessLamp, please don’t kill me. I’ll be good I promise. I’m really lonely right now and signed up to have some purpose in my life and catch up with old friends and old foes. Please please please don’t kill me D1. I’ll be a good boy, I pinky promise
Maniac wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:39 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:36 pm

Jamie is absolutely right here, Flum is lying about his truth tell. But why did Flum make a big deal out of his so called truth-tell so early when he was under no pressure at all. Jamie is right to call Flum out and put his truth-tell to bed for this game and others, but it doesn't really point to Flum being scum.
Looking through Maniac's posts reveals Bobmania
like most of his posts focus on Bob which is really weird.
The one thing that does stick out is his one post to blamp which he calls a reaction post but does not really look at the reactions? And admits to manipulating blamp which is uhh something.
He does point out in italics about Jamie being right to call flum out on the trust tell, and at night tell jamie to cool it on the victim blaming about Jamie being literal. Along with bob again.

Maniac comes off weird and I honestly am not sure what to make of it. Normally I would say its Maniac, but the Blamp came off as something I don't remember him doing plus the the singularity of bob. Although I admittedly do not read people like Maniac well.

is it typical for maniac to have a singular focus?

Donny Dude

#1796 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:12 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:12 am
Maniac wrote:
@BusinessLamp, please don’t kill me. I’ll be good I promise. I’m really lonely right now and signed up to have some purpose in my life and catch up with old friends and old foes. Please please please don’t kill me D1. I’ll be a good boy, I pinky promise
Maniac wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:39 pm
The one thing that does stick out is his one post to blamp which he calls a reaction post but does not really look at the reactions? And admits to manipulating blamp which is uhh something.
He does point out in italics about Jamie being right to call flum out on the trust tell, and at night tell jamie to cool it on the victim blaming about Jamie being literal. Along with bob again.

Maniac comes off weird and I honestly am not sure what to make of it. Normally I would say its Maniac, but the Blamp came off as something I don't remember him doing plus the the singularity of bob. Although I admittedly do not read people like Maniac well.

Donny Dude

#1797 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:13 am

I give up on the formatting on that one

DeathLlama8

#1798 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:14 am

Maniac wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:12 am

BobMcBob

#1799 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:17 am

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:54 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:53 am
Flum you gotta stop getting yourself killed D1.
This one isn't on me. This one was bad town. I have a long final post coming don't worry.
Agreed

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1800 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:26 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 am
I call to order the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL

Friends, let it be known that there are still FIVE mafia members among us. They have infiltrated our ranks, and are working as a coordinated unit to sabotage our investigations and thwart our days of peace. If we move as individuals, their influence will be too strong and we will be swayed by their wrong-doings.

Thus we must COME TOGETHER and UNIONIZE!!!! We must form a trusted group of individuals, all of whom vow to trust each other implicitly in the coming days and move as a bloc to take out the mafia. The rules of the town council are as follows:

1) You must be town to be a member of the town council. If you are not town, please decline your invite. If you are mafia and accept your invite to the town council, shame will hang over you for years to come.

2) As a member of the town council, you are not permitted to vote for another member of the town council for the entireties of Day phases 2 and 3. We must not show any doubt, any weakness, or else the mafia can break us. This is a firm commitment. If you are not willing to commit to this, please decline your invite.

3) Ideally, by the end of the day, the town council will reach a unanimous consent decision and VOTE TOGETHER!! This means being willing to trust the opinions of the other members of the town council, and be flexible in your viewpoints. This commitment to voting together will better allow the council to break through the joint efforts of the mafia. If you do not agree to strive to vote together by the end of the day, please decline your invite.

The town council will last for TWO DAYS before being re-examined. We must not panic if we are incorrect on day 2, for these mafiosos are adept tricksters. If we are wrong twice in a row… yeah we probably messed up in our selection.

I nominate myself to be the CHAIR of the town council, because I am town and I believe in my ability to find people who would share this trust with me. If this does not behoove you, I encourage everyone else to form their own trust clusters.

As the self-appointed CHAIR of this town council, I would first like to extend an invitation to BONATOGETHER!! Congratulations!! Your towniness has shone through and I believe we can conquer this evil mafia team together.

My next invitation goes out to JAMIET99UK!!! Even though you were very wrong, your earnestness in trying to find the mafia shone through. I hope you accept this offer to join the team.

BONA, JAMIE, now comes the time for you to accept or decline your invitations. Do you agree to trust me, and each other, implicitly for the next two days? If so, and you both accept, we will discuss who else to bring on as the other two members of our TOWN COUNCIL. If not, we will re-evaluate. I believe FIVE MEMBERS is optimal so as to equal the forces of the malignant mafia team, without getting too over-ambitious about who can join our ranks.

So, Bonatogether and Jamiet99uk, do you accept?

For the others, who do you think should be nominated to town council? Should you yourself be a part of it? Discuss.

This adjourns the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL.
Oh man I wanted to reject for towncred but you didn't invite me. You townread the shit out of me earlier. Why no invite?

Peak Thucydides.