M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#4121 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:18 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:43 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:32 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:33 am

Also you should not be this lazy. You think one of me or HR is scum... pick one then. It should be obvious and frankly the fact that you're making that me/him statement is ridiculous.
I am tired, had a pretty bad day and I am feeling guilty about you, so I don't want to pick this fight. Call me lazy.

And why my statement is ridiculous? I am stating I don't think both of you are scum having a similar vote pattern around Celaph, but I also find hard to believe you are both misguided town that jumped out of Celaph wagon by coincidence. But I can't be sure and there is at least another two scum, so why it's ridiculous I am voting another scumread?
Because it's not like we have played the same game so there are enough differences that you should be able to at least guess at which is scum if you think it's one or the other. And besides, if you believe HR, he didn't jump off of celaph by coincidence - he did it because I told him to :eyeroll:
True, and that's one of the reasons I was voting him yesterday and not you.
But some of the things HR said made me second guess myself so I decided to look elsewhere for a while.

Vecna

#4122 Post by Vecna » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:38 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:42 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:24 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 pm
There are 2 players who were on neither celaph nor durga, namely

BONA and MANIAC

Fits in nicely with my Bona Gold Maniac theory.
Seems too simple
Maybe so but both being town being off both scum wagons seems improbable to me so I would say at least 1 is scum and if it is only one my money would be on Bona.
Why would scum be off both wagons?

Why didnt you do some statistical shenanigans to make this point? WIth 10 people not on Celaph and 5 people not on durga, those odds dont seem bad to me whatsoever.

##vote Damo

damo666

#4123 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:56 pm
I thought about the game state some more last night and this morning, and I'm second-guessing my scum!HR read a bit. Not completely, but enough I'm willing to look elsewhere today.

I'm going to channel Bozo and put a survey of sorts out there.

Does anyone else feel we should flip TFB at some point so that we understand Day 2 better? If so, I imagine we would want to make that choice today, so that we aren't potentially missing something for the next 3-4 day phases.

Bona wants to vote TFB regardless, but what about everyone else?
Bona continually voting TFB puts me off as does celpah and durga having both been on him. Could be scumgoon v scumgoon I guess but we can be pretty sure TFB is not scumPR.

@Chaqa what would your conclusions be if

i) TFB flips town
ii) TFB flips scum

I don't actually think there would be a heap of difference but go ahead and tell me.

Obviously if TFB is scum it would be great but the most likely result is a mk and a wasted day.

Expand your case please.

damo666

#4124 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:40 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:38 pm
damo666 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Seems too simple
Maybe so but both being town being off both scum wagons seems improbable to me so I would say at least 1 is scum and if it is only one my money would be on Bona.

Why didnt you do some statistical shenanigans to make this point? WIth 10 people not on Celaph and 5 people not on durga, those odds dont seem bad to me whatsoever.

##vote Damo
OK I'll do some arithmetic.

damo666

#4125 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:50 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:40 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:38 pm
damo666 wrote:

##vote Damo
OK I'll do some arithmetic.
I don't know how to approach it lol.

However I do find it interesting that these are the only 2 and both are in my scumpool.

Strange you should vote me rather than your cw. Is that because HR is your scummate?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4126 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:52 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm
Chaqa wrote:
I thought about the game state some more last night and this morning, and I'm second-guessing my scum!HR read a bit. Not completely, but enough I'm willing to look elsewhere today.

Does anyone else feel we should flip TFB at some point so that we understand Day 2 better? If so, I imagine we would want to make that choice today, so that we aren't potentially missing something for the next 3-4 day phases.

Bona continually voting TFB puts me off as does celpah and durga having both been on him. Could be scumgoon v scumgoon I guess but we can be pretty sure TFB is not scumPR.

i) TFB flips town
ii) TFB flips scum

I don't actually think there would be a heap of difference but go ahead and tell me.

Obviously if TFB is scum it would be great but the most likely result is a mk and a wasted day.

Expand your case please.
There is no case. I think TFB is town, but my concern is what if scum set up Day 2 to bus celaph to make their PRs look better? Maybe Durga just didn’t like the plan or wasn’t able to move her vote, idk.

I’m fine with just operating as TFB is town. The game is much simpler that way

damo666

#4127 Post by damo666 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:56 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:52 pm
damo666 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

i) TFB flips town
ii) TFB flips scum

Expand your case please.
There is no case. I think TFB is town, but my concern is what if scum set up Day 2 to bus celaph to make their PRs look better? Maybe Durga just didn’t like the plan or wasn’t able to move her vote, idk.

I agree. If today and D5 are both miskills though it may be time to rethink. But leave it for now.

BesharamSabi

#4128 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:21 pm

VOTE COUNT VERSION 4.01

Sorry I forgot

Vecna (4) DemonRHK Donny Dude rdrivera2005 Jamiet99uk
Hellenic Riot (4) Chaqa* TheFlyingBoat goldfinger0303 Maniac
goldfinger0303 (2) ghug BobMcBob
rdrivera2005 (1) kgrey
TheFlyingBoat (1) Bonatogether
Bonatogether (1) damo666
damo666 (1) Vecna

Non Voters: Hellenic Riot

NO ONE IS SET TO BE EATEN BY PIRANHAS

EOD IS IN 32.6 HOURS

There was a proposed Amendment to the US Constitution in 1916 that would put all acts of war to a national vote, and anyone voting yes would have to register as a volunteer for service in the United States Army.

TheFlyingBoat

#4129 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:07 pm

damo666 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 pm
There are 2 players who were on neither celaph nor durga, namely

BONA and MANIAC

Fits in nicely with my Bona Gold Maniac theory.
Seems too simple
Sure but why wouldn't Bona be on the scum wagon if he were scum? Like on the me vs celaph day he would obviously not be on celaph because he wanted to get the miskill on me (that he also tried to get on D1) if he were scum!bona, but Durga? Why would he come back and end on me just like he did D1, D2, and D3? Like bona's tunneling is anti-town, but I'm far less confident that he's scum than someone like HR or Vecna or rdr.

TheFlyingBoat

#4130 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:13 pm

Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

i) TFB flips town
ii) TFB flips scum

Expand your case please.

Let's say D2 was set up and me pushing Durga from D1 was also set up to make me look good. If that's the case then what do you think is my scum team? This is an important question you seem to have dodged after being pressed on. If we're going to policy kill me in a couple days to get information I want to know that we have a good idea on how to put that information to use or at least some good hunches as to how it could be useful.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4131 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:22 pm

info kills are the worst reason to vote. also, when ghug made me consider what happens to my reads if boatman is scum, the only one of my reads that changed was that durga was probably town. i mean i didn't think about it too hard, but still. seems unlikely he's scum and unlikely to change much else from my pov anyway if he is, so a boatman info kill sounds like a terrible idea to me

TheFlyingBoat

#4132 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:32 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:22 pm
info kills are the worst reason to vote. also, when ghug made me consider what happens to my reads if boatman is scum, the only one of my reads that changed was that durga was probably town. i mean i didn't think about it too hard, but still. seems unlikely he's scum and unlikely to change much else from my pov anyway if he is, so a boatman info kill sounds like a terrible idea to me
Well kgray have you considered the possibility that Durga may still be town :razz: :lol:

Also who do you think is the third scum along with rdr and HR?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4133 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:40 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:32 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:22 pm
Well kgray have you considered the possibility that Durga may still be town :razz: :lol:

Also who do you think is the third scum along with rdr and HR?
I'm not that convinced it's HR and Rivera but it does make sense to me. I can absolutely see Vecna as scum. Maybe goldie. I'm not even sure about Chaqa anymore, he does love bussing and then arguing that people voting for scum are town. I'll be very upset if it's ghug but I'm ignoring him for now because it's too hard for me to tell.

I should reread some stuff, maybe that will happen tonight.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4134 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:55 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:13 pm
Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:

i) TFB flips town
ii) TFB flips scum

Expand your case please.

Let's say D2 was set up and me pushing Durga from D1 was also set up to make me look good. If that's the case then what do you think is my scum team? This is an important question you seem to have dodged after being pressed on. If we're going to policy kill me in a couple days to get information I want to know that we have a good idea on how to put that information to use or at least some good hunches as to how it could be useful.
I don't waste time speculating on hypotheticals

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4135 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:59 pm

I think Chaqa would be a good info flip. Don’t ask me what knowing his alignment would tell me, though. I don’t waste time speculating on hypotheticals.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4136 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:06 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:59 pm
I think Chaqa would be a good info flip. Don’t ask me what knowing his alignment would tell me, though. I don’t waste time speculating on hypotheticals.
I knew that post would get some flak lol, but I just don't think it's worth speculating on something I know we aren't gonna do anyway. It would be like speculating on what would happen if we flipped rivera today ;)

TheFlyingBoat

#4137 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:08 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:55 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:13 pm
Chaqa wrote:

I don't waste time speculating on hypotheticals
Then why do you want an info flip? If you have a binary outcome you want to force to get info and aren't willing to say what info each outcome could plausibly get us then what are we even doing here talking about it?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4138 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:25 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:06 pm
kgray wrote:
I knew that post would get some flak lol, but I just don't think it's worth speculating on something I know we aren't gonna do anyway. It would be like speculating on what would happen if we flipped rivera today ;)
If you're gonna propose it, you should have a reason why.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4139 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:25 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:06 pm
kgray wrote:
If you're gonna propose it, you should have a reason why.
I've already said the reason why - it gives us info about the Day 2 wagons and specifically if celaph was being bussed to protect TFB.

If that's true, by limiting our options to players like HR, Goldie, Maniac, Vecna, etc. we may be allowing 2-3 scum to go completely under the radar. I don't have a list of players on the celaph wagon I think are bussers necessarily, and that's the speculation I don't really feel like doing, as it's a black hole of wasted time and effort if we aren't gonna flip TFB.

I didn't think I had to explicitly spell all this out for you guys

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4140 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:33 pm

Like I'm not just saying "hey guys we should flip TFB cause it would be funny lol"

Now, we *should* flip Jamie because it would be funny