M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1841 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:03 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:42 am
also i didn't think you vs flum was scum vs scum, i thought it was more likely one of you was. me being okay with either vote doesn't mean that the scenario i see is "they are scum together"
blamp cannot do wrong when talking about the boat man

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1842 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:05 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:47 am
@rdrivera- are you 100% vanilla town?
No. I am 100% confirmed vanilla town ©

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1843 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:08 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 am
I call to order the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL

Friends, let it be known that there are still FIVE mafia members among us. They have infiltrated our ranks, and are working as a coordinated unit to sabotage our investigations and thwart our days of peace. If we move as individuals, their influence will be too strong and we will be swayed by their wrong-doings.

Thus we must COME TOGETHER and UNIONIZE!!!! We must form a trusted group of individuals, all of whom vow to trust each other implicitly in the coming days and move as a bloc to take out the mafia. The rules of the town council are as follows:

1) You must be town to be a member of the town council. If you are not town, please decline your invite. If you are mafia and accept your invite to the town council, shame will hang over you for years to come.

2) As a member of the town council, you are not permitted to vote for another member of the town council for the entireties of Day phases 2 and 3. We must not show any doubt, any weakness, or else the mafia can break us. This is a firm commitment. If you are not willing to commit to this, please decline your invite.

3) Ideally, by the end of the day, the town council will reach a unanimous consent decision and VOTE TOGETHER!! This means being willing to trust the opinions of the other members of the town council, and be flexible in your viewpoints. This commitment to voting together will better allow the council to break through the joint efforts of the mafia. If you do not agree to strive to vote together by the end of the day, please decline your invite.

The town council will last for TWO DAYS before being re-examined. We must not panic if we are incorrect on day 2, for these mafiosos are adept tricksters. If we are wrong twice in a row… yeah we probably messed up in our selection.

I nominate myself to be the CHAIR of the town council, because I am town and I believe in my ability to find people who would share this trust with me. If this does not behoove you, I encourage everyone else to form their own trust clusters.

As the self-appointed CHAIR of this town council, I would first like to extend an invitation to BONATOGETHER!! Congratulations!! Your towniness has shone through and I believe we can conquer this evil mafia team together.

My next invitation goes out to JAMIET99UK!!! Even though you were very wrong, your earnestness in trying to find the mafia shone through. I hope you accept this offer to join the team.

BONA, JAMIE, now comes the time for you to accept or decline your invitations. Do you agree to trust me, and each other, implicitly for the next two days? If so, and you both accept, we will discuss who else to bring on as the other two members of our TOWN COUNCIL. If not, we will re-evaluate. I believe FIVE MEMBERS is optimal so as to equal the forces of the malignant mafia team, without getting too over-ambitious about who can join our ranks.

So, Bonatogether and Jamiet99uk, do you accept?

For the others, who do you think should be nominated to town council? Should you yourself be a part of it? Discuss.

This adjourns the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL.
I like the Council composition but not sure if I like the concept. Too easy for scum to just follow the Council without responsability if they go for a town.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1844 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:12 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:40 am
@Blamp you should extend your town council. I wouldn't be surprised if one of you were killed tonight (and I don't mean Bona).

I think you should invite your strongest townreads out of ghug kgray HR and rdr.

I approve of the idea btw.
I think this is a bad idea precisely because all of those players are strong as scum, so actively putting them on the council is a bad idea imo

also i won't be able to stand hr or ghug's ego if they're on it
I totally agree with this Bona feeling, specially the ego thing.

Jamiet99uk

#1845 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:17 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:15 am
bob, blamp, and bona are making the B tribe

we will be winning shortly, so might as well give up now @scum
@Damo what is the exact probability that nobody on the scum team has a name beginning with B ?

Serious question.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#1846 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:20 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 am
I call to order the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL

Friends, let it be known that there are still FIVE mafia members among us. They have infiltrated our ranks, and are working as a coordinated unit to sabotage our investigations and thwart our days of peace. If we move as individuals, their influence will be too strong and we will be swayed by their wrong-doings.

Thus we must COME TOGETHER and UNIONIZE!!!! We must form a trusted group of individuals, all of whom vow to trust each other implicitly in the coming days and move as a bloc to take out the mafia. The rules of the town council are as follows:

1) You must be town to be a member of the town council. If you are not town, please decline your invite. If you are mafia and accept your invite to the town council, shame will hang over you for years to come.

2) As a member of the town council, you are not permitted to vote for another member of the town council for the entireties of Day phases 2 and 3. We must not show any doubt, any weakness, or else the mafia can break us. This is a firm commitment. If you are not willing to commit to this, please decline your invite.

3) Ideally, by the end of the day, the town council will reach a unanimous consent decision and VOTE TOGETHER!! This means being willing to trust the opinions of the other members of the town council, and be flexible in your viewpoints. This commitment to voting together will better allow the council to break through the joint efforts of the mafia. If you do not agree to strive to vote together by the end of the day, please decline your invite.

The town council will last for TWO DAYS before being re-examined. We must not panic if we are incorrect on day 2, for these mafiosos are adept tricksters. If we are wrong twice in a row… yeah we probably messed up in our selection.

I nominate myself to be the CHAIR of the town council, because I am town and I believe in my ability to find people who would share this trust with me. If this does not behoove you, I encourage everyone else to form their own trust clusters.

As the self-appointed CHAIR of this town council, I would first like to extend an invitation to BONATOGETHER!! Congratulations!! Your towniness has shone through and I believe we can conquer this evil mafia team together.

My next invitation goes out to JAMIET99UK!!! Even though you were very wrong, your earnestness in trying to find the mafia shone through. I hope you accept this offer to join the team.

BONA, JAMIE, now comes the time for you to accept or decline your invitations. Do you agree to trust me, and each other, implicitly for the next two days? If so, and you both accept, we will discuss who else to bring on as the other two members of our TOWN COUNCIL. If not, we will re-evaluate. I believe FIVE MEMBERS is optimal so as to equal the forces of the malignant mafia team, without getting too over-ambitious about who can join our ranks.

So, Bonatogether and Jamiet99uk, do you accept?

For the others, who do you think should be nominated to town council? Should you yourself be a part of it? Discuss.

This adjourns the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL.
What is this?

Theatrical nonsense.

I reject your invitation.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#1847 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:29 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:31 am
Also also I don't like jamie nearly as much after the flum thing, even disregarding the flip. Basically agreeing with ghug there.
You are wrong, but this is a perfectly reasonable response at this point in time.

I maintain, for the record, that Fluminator's behaviour was not helpful to town and that his death is primarily the result of his own poor decisions.

To recap:

1. He decided, under no pressure, to make up a completely false claim, apparently as a form of reaction test.

2. When initially challenged on this he explicitly stated that it was not a reaction test.

3. Donny and Bozo responded in a manner which he apparently found informative.

4. Later, I checked his claim and found evidence that it was a lie. I presented this evidence in a clear and lucid manner, and accused Flum of being scum.

5. Flum's initial response, despite apparently already having obtained the useful reactions from Bozo and Donny that he was fishing for, was to claim that I was mistaken, to double-down on the truthfulness of his false claim, and to engage me in a lengthy, pointless, and logically flawed battle of semantics, during which time he also attempted to revise or amend elements of the original claim.

6. During the above, some people suggested that Flum had just been trolling with his false claim. His response to that was to explicitly declare that he was not trolling.

7. Eventually, after considerable argument and pressure, he changed his story and said it had actually been a reaction test.

8. We killed him. Unfortunately he was town.

In summary this was a very foolish gambit and caused us to waste a lot of D1. Fluminator, please do not do this again.

BobMcBob

#1848 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:43 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:41 am
he's annoyed during the day and typecasts everyone on it as not understanding how he plays, but he doesn't demand reasons for the vote until flum flips town
Well asking people why they're voting me is not likely going to make their votes go away, and it certainly won't help me work out who to vote for. I do have reasons for my actions.

BobMcBob

#1849 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:51 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:29 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Also also I don't like jamie nearly as much after the flum thing, even disregarding the flip. Basically agreeing with ghug there.
You are wrong, but this is a perfectly reasonable response at this point in time.

I maintain, for the record, that Fluminator's behaviour was not helpful to town and that his death is primarily the result of his own poor decisions.

To recap:

1. He decided, under no pressure, to make up a completely false claim, apparently as a form of reaction test.

2. When initially challenged on this he explicitly stated that it was not a reaction test.

3. Donny and Bozo responded in a manner which he apparently found informative.

4. Later, I checked his claim and found evidence that it was a lie. I presented this evidence in a clear and lucid manner, and accused Flum of being scum.

5. Flum's initial response, despite apparently already having obtained the useful reactions from Bozo and Donny that he was fishing for, was to claim that I was mistaken, to double-down on the truthfulness of his false claim, and to engage me in a lengthy, pointless, and logically flawed battle of semantics, during which time he also attempted to revise or amend elements of the original claim.

6. During the above, some people suggested that Flum had just been trolling with his false claim. His response to that was to explicitly declare that he was not trolling.

7. Eventually, after considerable argument and pressure, he changed his story and said it had actually been a reaction test.

8. We killed him. Unfortunately he was town.

In summary this was a very foolish gambit and caused us to waste a lot of D1. Fluminator, please do not do this again.
Thank you for recapping your case for flum being scum. I will now switch my vote. Flum's death is somewhat on himself, but town on this site really need to start thinking about D1 flum wagons before blindly jumping on them. This happens far too often to blame it all on flum at this point.

Yes Jamie, I hold you responsible over flum. Deal with it.

BobMcBob

#1850 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:59 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:15 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:36 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:52 am
Damo, HR, Bob, DL, Donny are all top scumreads...with a big question mark for Maniac as well.
why exactly is HR here?
Two things mainly.
First, HR was very indecisive on how he felt about Flum. There was always a part of the sentence in his posts that was like "Well, Flum did this bad thing, but he could just be acting like Flum" Which, while true, is in notable contrast to others like Chaqa and ghug who were pretty clear on their opinions.

Second, he also deflected heat from damo, Bob and Donny (all of whom I scumread) towards the end of the day as people like Durga were searching for alternative wagons.

In my opinion, all of our wagons at the end of the day were town. Scum will be among those who were searching to change wagons, but not exactly picky about who to switch to. They will have wanted to create the impression of not being 100% comfortable with the Flum vote. However, I'm not sure if scum will be among those who were desperately, explicitly trying to save Flum. HR fits really well in the first category, but not the second. A good scum fit. In particular this one comes to mind.
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:23 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:19 am

Yeah I think you’re right. Who’s better?
Flum is a perfectly tolerable wagon. I don't oppose a TFB wagon either. The temptation to suddenly railroad on rdrivera also exists but I feel like that exists in a lot of games for me so maybe I should avoid pursuing that for now. Bozo has also been much more of a non-entity; I'd have expected him to have been far more wrong far more often by now.
Wait you scumread me and also think I'm town, so now HR is scum? But you can still push me later?

BobMcBob

#1851 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:01 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 am
Towncore: Blamp Jamie HR ghug kgray rdr

Rest are null.

Five scummiest of the rest are:

Chaqa
Demon
Durga
Bob
Maniac

Lists in no particular order.
Huh? Rdr is town core? Also Jamie/damo scumteam anyone?

BobMcBob

#1852 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:35 am
Can't glean too much from D1 vca except I doubt there are any bussers on Bob if he is scum (except maybe kgray but I strongly townread her anyway).

I wouldn't mind seeing a Bob kill D2 despite him not being in my top 5 scumreads because should he flip scum that would quasi clear 5 people only 1 of which are currently in my towncore and 2 of which are in my scumpool.
Huh? I'm not in your top 5 scumreads which you posted in your previous post in which I was listed in the 5. Also it wouldn't come close to even quasi-clearing Maniac or durga, that's not how voting works. But you are right, I am a convenient easy kill tomorrow.

Can someone remind me what alignment damo pays less attention as?

Jamiet99uk

#1853 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:11 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:51 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

To recap:

<accurate and detailed recap>
Thank you for recapping your case for flum being scum. I will now switch my vote. Flum's death is somewhat on himself, but town on this site really need to start thinking about D1 flum wagons before blindly jumping on them. This happens far too often to blame it all on flum at this point.

I was not recapping the case, I was recapping the sequence of events, just for the record.

Your opinion of the Flum wagon (and indeed, everyone's opinion of it) is a useful conversation topic, however.

Here are the eight people that ended up on Flum:

Jamiet99uk
TheFlyingBoat
damo666
Chaqa
Hellenic Riot
rdrivera2005
bozotheclown
ghug

I think there are likely to be three categories of person on that list:

1. People who are town and who genuinely agreed with my case on Flum.

2. People who, in your words "blindly jumped on", implying that they are foolish town rather than scheming scumbos.

3. People who are scum, knew that I was wrong, and who felt it convenient to use my push on Flum to ensure a D1 miskill that could then be blamed on me.

How would you categorise each of the people on the Flum wagon, Bob?

Jamiet99uk

#1854 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:15 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:15 am
Second, he also deflected heat from damo, Bob and Donny (all of whom I scumread) towards the end of the day as people like Durga were searching for alternative wagons.

In my opinion, all of our wagons at the end of the day were town. Scum will be among those who were searching to change wagons, but not exactly picky about who to switch to. They will have wanted to create the impression of not being 100% comfortable with the Flum vote. However, I'm not sure if scum will be among those who were desperately, explicitly trying to save Flum. HR fits really well in the first category, but not the second. A good scum fit. In particular this one comes to mind.
@Goldfinger:

You scumread Bob, but you think that the EoD wagons were all town? That doesn't make sense since Bob was the #2 wagon.

Tell us how Schrodinger's Bob can be both scum and town at the same time?

Jamiet99uk

#1855 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:15 pm

^ Laugh out loud, Bob just asked Goldfinger the same question.

Well it's a good question anyway.

BobMcBob

#1856 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:17 pm
Bonatogether wrote:

@Damo what is the exact probability that nobody on the scum team has a name beginning with B ?

Serious question.
91.738%

Jamiet99uk

#1857 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

Serious question.
91.738%
I want Damo to answer.

BobMcBob

#1858 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:21 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Serious question.
91.738%
I want Damo to answer.
If you want to know the real theoretical probability of nobody out of any three players being scum, it's 44.288% so slightly less than half.

Coincidentally, I bet at least one of donny, kgray and rdr is scum.

BobMcBob

#1859 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:11 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:51 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

To recap:

<accurate and detailed recap>

I was not recapping the case, I was recapping the sequence of events, just for the record.

Your opinion of the Flum wagon (and indeed, everyone's opinion of it) is a useful conversation topic, however.

Here are the eight people that ended up on Flum:

Jamiet99uk
TheFlyingBoat
damo666
Chaqa
Hellenic Riot
rdrivera2005
bozotheclown
ghug

I think there are likely to be three categories of person on that list:

1. People who are town and who genuinely agreed with my case on Flum.

2. People who, in your words "blindly jumped on", implying that they are foolish town rather than scheming scumbos.

3. People who are scum, knew that I was wrong, and who felt it convenient to use my push on Flum to ensure a D1 miskill that could then be blamed on me.

How would you categorise each of the people on the Flum wagon, Bob?
Well that's a very broad question that requires too much research to be worth my time for a very questionably effective categorisation. But based off vibes:
Jamie - 1
TFB - 1
Damo - 3
Chaqa - 2 or 3, he should know better
HR - 1
Rdr - 1
Ghug - 1 or 3, he should also know better
Bozo - 1

Now I should make it clear that I don't like the way this is phrased. I think most of the town on the wagon probably genuinely thought he was scum, but also genuinely suck at reading flum's antics, making them also " foolish". I'm most suspicious (other than you) of people who I would expect might've learned by now.

BobMcBob

#1860 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:30 pm

I see a lot of people have kgray in towncore and I'm not feeling it. She just hasn't really clicked with me as town yet. Not feeling super positive on her. Not exactly negative, but I'm unwilling to write her off yet, especially for someone noted as being pretty good as scum.