M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#781 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:34 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:28 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:22 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:20 pm

I just feel like fox is such an easy miskill. I don't really remember celaph's meta and maybe he's just rusty but he's been pretty low key so far.
If Fox is subbing out, does that make Vecna the sub? I'm for sure not voting Vecna today.

tbh I don't feel like celaph is in his town groove but I want to see if that picks up and certainly don't support him dying D1.
Okay I'll back off your boy for now

##vote tfb
ty :-D

##vote tfb

Fluminator

#782 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:34 pm

Well, I wasn't willing to vote Fox today, but I would be potentially willing to vote his sub.

Fluminator

#783 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:36 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:26 pm
Urgh, posting again to correct the quote-box error.
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:07 pm
This is my trust tell. (It's banned on mafiascum but not on webdip yet)
If you look at my two scum games on this site I never once posted I was town, while I regularly do in my town games.

Therefore, I activated my trust tell that I'm town and you can put me in as a lock.

Bozo gets it.
This statement is false. You have claimed to be town, as scum, before, and I can prove it. Here we go:
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:27 pm
12. Fluminator
Town. Handsome. 100% Vanilla Townie Confirmed (tm)
That post is from the previous game, M71, in which you were scum.
I didn't say "I am town"
I just said the words "town".

DeathLlama8

#784 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:38 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
The mere fact he returned when he did. He makes a post in which he says he won't be able to play at all until Monday night/Tuesday morning, +1s ghug's post and no one else's as far as I could tell well prior to his eventual posting return, comes back after receiving pressure and tries to shade precisely one person to deflect pressure, someone he thinks he probably can turn into an easy town kill if ghug's pressure continues. The three other defenses he makes weren't particularly response inciting in terms of content or nature as the bozo debate had already been heavily hashed out that I had seen prior to that post end the defense of Flum and donny were blippy so didn't draw much focus either.
hmm sounds like you should vote me then since I am clearly scum

1. you think it's weird that I posted that I wouldn't be posting until Monday night and then started posting Monday night?
2. I started posting as soon as I got off the plane, I wasn't caught up enough to know if I was getting real pressure
3. I didn't even scumread you lmao

TheFlyingBoat

#785 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:20 pm

What about deathllama's return was interesting to you? HR is right, you literally only responded to the part about llama scumreading you :lol:
The mere fact he returned when he did. He makes a post in which he says he won't be able to play at all until Monday night/Tuesday morning, +1s ghug's post and no one else's as far as I could tell well prior to his eventual posting return, comes back after receiving pressure and tries to shade precisely one person to deflect pressure, someone he thinks he probably can turn into an easy town kill if ghug's pressure continues. The three other defenses he makes weren't particularly response inciting in terms of content or nature as the bozo debate had already been heavily hashed out that I had seen prior to that post end the defense of Flum and donny were blippy so didn't draw much focus either.
I particularly enjoy that I could take this entire post and without changing a single word apply it to you here instead of to DL.
Not even a little. I never made any claims that I would be inactive at the start, didn't violate that claim to make one particular +1, asked probing questions of bozo, had an actual fight with ghug(the actual content was NAI imo, but it was a long winded back and forth), and was not at risk of being on the chopping block when I announced my support for Jamie's Foxcastle case whereas deathllama was the #1 wagon at a point. This isn't even an "if you squint they kinda look similar" type deal. The only way we look similar is if you close your eyes

Jamiet99uk

#786 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:36 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:07 pm
This is my trust tell. (It's banned on mafiascum but not on webdip yet)
If you look at my two scum games on this site I never once posted I was town, while I regularly do in my town games.

Therefore, I activated my trust tell that I'm town and you can put me in as a lock.

Bozo gets it.
This statement is false. You have claimed to be town, as scum, before, and I can prove it. Here we go:
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:27 pm
12. Fluminator
Town. Handsome. 100% Vanilla Townie Confirmed (tm)
I didn't say "I am town"
Now you are back-pedalling on your own words to try to escape.

What you said was "If you look at my two scum games on this site I never once posted I was town".

I provided specific proof of you, as scum, posting that you were town.

You didn't claim that your trust-tell was the specific use of the phrase "I am town". Your claim was that you never post that you are town, as scum.

I have proved that your claim was false.
Now you are trying to edit your claim.
I do not buy it.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

TheFlyingBoat

#787 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:40 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:38 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

1. you think it's weird that I posted that I wouldn't be posting until Monday night and then started posting Monday night?
2. I started posting as soon as I got off the plane, I wasn't caught up enough to know if I was getting real pressure
I find Jamie's case more compelling than mine on you. You'd probably be my second scum read.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#788 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:40 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:29 pm
Ngl kinda sus of ghug atm but don't want to kill him today.
I'm sus of ghug too. I'm always sus of ghug, but I'm also sus of him in this game in particular.

Jamiet99uk

#789 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:41 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, I must draw your attention to the fact that I have here, on the last few pages, provided proof, evidence, a smoking gun, which demonstrates that Fluminator was lying about his so-called "trust tell".

I encourage you all, young and old, large or small, to ##Vote Fluminator.

Fluminator

#790 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:39 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I didn't say "I am town"

What you said was "If you look at my two scum games on this site I never once posted I was town".

You didn't claim that your trust-tell was the specific use of the phrase "I am town". Your claim was that you never post that you are town, as scum.

I do not buy it.
The Jeff Kuta reference throwback should have been a hint to you that I wasn't even referring to myself there, much less the fact I didn't clarify "I am town" myself.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#791 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:43 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

I particularly enjoy that I could take this entire post and without changing a single word apply it to you here instead of to DL.
Not even a little. I never made any claims that I would be inactive at the start, didn't violate that claim to make one particular +1, asked probing questions of bozo, had an actual fight with ghug(the actual content was NAI imo, but it was a long winded back and forth), and was not at risk of being on the chopping block when I announced my support for Jamie's Foxcastle case whereas deathllama was the #1 wagon at a point. This isn't even an "if you squint they kinda look similar" type deal. The only way we look similar is if you close your eyes
How is +1ing not lurking? It's like peak lurking because it means he's actually here reading and just not saying anything. What a strange thing to focus on.

DeathLlama8

#792 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:43 pm

damo, why do you find HR's case more persuasive than Jamie's?
(also still waiting on anyone to explain why explicitly posting that I'm going to "tactically lurk" is scum-indicative, or ask why I did that, or something)

DeathLlama8

#793 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm

this is why saying "I am town" is a bad trust tell tbh
what was the idea behind making that the tell Flum, instead of like a code word/crumb or smth that you could point to?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#794 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:40 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

I find Jamie's case more compelling than mine on you. You'd probably be my second scum read.
You townread Jamie so much that you trust his reads over your own?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#795 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:45 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:43 pm
damo, why do you find HR's case more persuasive than Jamie's?
(also still waiting on anyone to explain why explicitly posting that I'm going to "tactically lurk" is scum-indicative, or ask why I did that, or something)
Yo stop parroting me :lol:

TheFlyingBoat

#796 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:45 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:43 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

How is +1ing not lurking? It's like peak lurking because it means he's actually here reading and just not saying anything. What a strange thing to focus on.
My bad after checking his precise wording he did say he would be "tactically lurking". I thought he said he wouldn't be able to play at all. It is still really weird that he didn't deign anything else +1 worthy imo.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#797 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:09 pm
We should kill Chaqa because it would be funny
We should kill Chaqa if he is scum. Do you think he is scum?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#798 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:41 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, I must draw your attention to the fact that I have here, on the last few pages, provided proof, evidence, a smoking gun, which demonstrates that Fluminator was lying about his so-called "trust tell".

I encourage you all, young and old, large or small, to ##Vote Fluminator.
Jamie, since you wanted to know about my opinions of your arguments last time, I think your Fox case was much stronger than this Flum one.

TheFlyingBoat

#799 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:46 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:40 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:

You townread Jamie so much that you trust his reads over your own?
No, I trust that particular case more than any made so far. It's a really, really good case for D1 imo

Jamiet99uk

#800 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:47 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:42 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

I didn't say "I am town"

I do not buy it.
The Jeff Kuta reference throwback should have been a hint to you that I wasn't even referring to myself there, much less the fact I didn't clarify "I am town" myself.
Posting a reads list in which you include your name and the words "Town. Handsome. 100% Vanilla Townie Confirmed" is very clearly a claim that you are town.

It is not possible to present it as anything other than a claim to be town.

If you are filling in a form, and in the section marked "NAME" you write "Zachary Smith", then clearly this represents an assertion that your name is Zachary Smith. Likewise if you post a reads list and list yourself as "Town" then this is clearly a claim that you are town.