M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BobMcBob

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1741 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:24 am

Anyway, now that I have alleviated all suspicion on me and made peace with everyone, I'm going to go back and catch up, +1 everyone and also probably have lunch and play some games. I may not see your questions for at least 5 hours.

BusinessLamp

#1742 Post by BusinessLamp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:39 am

How often are day one votes town v town? I’d imagine often with a competent mafia

BobMcBob

#1743 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:57 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:39 am
How often are day one votes town v town? I’d imagine often with a competent mafia
Pretty regularly yeah, although not necessarily due to a competent mafia.

BobMcBob

#1744 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:12 am

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:02 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:57 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:39 pm

Bozo was the other who stuck out to me too. I've wifommed his alignment in my head in loops over it.
I guess it won't hurt to directly ask at this point what he thinks about it.
I remembered you bringing this up in a previous game, so I went along with it, but now that is has received so much attention I did check your previous scum games and in M59 you did say "I'm town". I know you have retracted your claim, but you went along with it for awhile, so I am not sure I buy your explanation.
##vote Flum

He has to go. Too much confusion and doubt now.

##End

I will not be here EOD.
Eh. This is kinda gross.

BusinessLamp

#1745 Post by BusinessLamp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 am

I call to order the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL

Friends, let it be known that there are still FIVE mafia members among us. They have infiltrated our ranks, and are working as a coordinated unit to sabotage our investigations and thwart our days of peace. If we move as individuals, their influence will be too strong and we will be swayed by their wrong-doings.

Thus we must COME TOGETHER and UNIONIZE!!!! We must form a trusted group of individuals, all of whom vow to trust each other implicitly in the coming days and move as a bloc to take out the mafia. The rules of the town council are as follows:

1) You must be town to be a member of the town council. If you are not town, please decline your invite. If you are mafia and accept your invite to the town council, shame will hang over you for years to come.

2) As a member of the town council, you are not permitted to vote for another member of the town council for the entireties of Day phases 2 and 3. We must not show any doubt, any weakness, or else the mafia can break us. This is a firm commitment. If you are not willing to commit to this, please decline your invite.

3) Ideally, by the end of the day, the town council will reach a unanimous consent decision and VOTE TOGETHER!! This means being willing to trust the opinions of the other members of the town council, and be flexible in your viewpoints. This commitment to voting together will better allow the council to break through the joint efforts of the mafia. If you do not agree to strive to vote together by the end of the day, please decline your invite.

The town council will last for TWO DAYS before being re-examined. We must not panic if we are incorrect on day 2, for these mafiosos are adept tricksters. If we are wrong twice in a row… yeah we probably messed up in our selection.

I nominate myself to be the CHAIR of the town council, because I am town and I believe in my ability to find people who would share this trust with me. If this does not behoove you, I encourage everyone else to form their own trust clusters.

As the self-appointed CHAIR of this town council, I would first like to extend an invitation to BONATOGETHER!! Congratulations!! Your towniness has shone through and I believe we can conquer this evil mafia team together.

My next invitation goes out to JAMIET99UK!!! Even though you were very wrong, your earnestness in trying to find the mafia shone through. I hope you accept this offer to join the team.

BONA, JAMIE, now comes the time for you to accept or decline your invitations. Do you agree to trust me, and each other, implicitly for the next two days? If so, and you both accept, we will discuss who else to bring on as the other two members of our TOWN COUNCIL. If not, we will re-evaluate. I believe FIVE MEMBERS is optimal so as to equal the forces of the malignant mafia team, without getting too over-ambitious about who can join our ranks.

So, Bonatogether and Jamiet99uk, do you accept?

For the others, who do you think should be nominated to town council? Should you yourself be a part of it? Discuss.

This adjourns the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL.

BobMcBob

#1746 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:24 pm
Feels like bona is being a lot meaner than usual
No he's being very nice to me.

BobMcBob

#1747 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:19 am

Ah, survivor player...

Bonatogether

#1748 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:24 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 am
I call to order the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL

Friends, let it be known that there are still FIVE mafia members among us. They have infiltrated our ranks, and are working as a coordinated unit to sabotage our investigations and thwart our days of peace. If we move as individuals, their influence will be too strong and we will be swayed by their wrong-doings.

Thus we must COME TOGETHER and UNIONIZE!!!! We must form a trusted group of individuals, all of whom vow to trust each other implicitly in the coming days and move as a bloc to take out the mafia. The rules of the town council are as follows:

1) You must be town to be a member of the town council. If you are not town, please decline your invite. If you are mafia and accept your invite to the town council, shame will hang over you for years to come.

2) As a member of the town council, you are not permitted to vote for another member of the town council for the entireties of Day phases 2 and 3. We must not show any doubt, any weakness, or else the mafia can break us. This is a firm commitment. If you are not willing to commit to this, please decline your invite.

3) Ideally, by the end of the day, the town council will reach a unanimous consent decision and VOTE TOGETHER!! This means being willing to trust the opinions of the other members of the town council, and be flexible in your viewpoints. This commitment to voting together will better allow the council to break through the joint efforts of the mafia. If you do not agree to strive to vote together by the end of the day, please decline your invite.

The town council will last for TWO DAYS before being re-examined. We must not panic if we are incorrect on day 2, for these mafiosos are adept tricksters. If we are wrong twice in a row… yeah we probably messed up in our selection.

I nominate myself to be the CHAIR of the town council, because I am town and I believe in my ability to find people who would share this trust with me. If this does not behoove you, I encourage everyone else to form their own trust clusters.

As the self-appointed CHAIR of this town council, I would first like to extend an invitation to BONATOGETHER!! Congratulations!! Your towniness has shone through and I believe we can conquer this evil mafia team together.

My next invitation goes out to JAMIET99UK!!! Even though you were very wrong, your earnestness in trying to find the mafia shone through. I hope you accept this offer to join the team.

BONA, JAMIE, now comes the time for you to accept or decline your invitations. Do you agree to trust me, and each other, implicitly for the next two days? If so, and you both accept, we will discuss who else to bring on as the other two members of our TOWN COUNCIL. If not, we will re-evaluate. I believe FIVE MEMBERS is optimal so as to equal the forces of the malignant mafia team, without getting too over-ambitious about who can join our ranks.

So, Bonatogether and Jamiet99uk, do you accept?

For the others, who do you think should be nominated to town council? Should you yourself be a part of it? Discuss.

This adjourns the first meeting of the TOWN COUNCIL.
I accept

8-) 8-)

Bonatogether

#1749 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:24 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:19 am
Ah, survivor player...
i only see the survivor spam on the diplomacy discords

BusinessLamp

#1750 Post by BusinessLamp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:25 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Ah, survivor player...
Do you fear the town coming together as an organized unit, sir Bobert?

BobMcBob

#1751 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:25 am

celaph wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:37 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:54 pm
celaph wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:36 pm

This is better from Maniac.
Better how? What do you like about it?
It agrees with my existing concern regarding Bob while also adding to the read in meaningful ways. Namely, that his tone and word choice weren't particularly towny.
Meaningful being defined as scumreading me for the way I normally use language in mafia?

BobMcBob

#1752 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:27 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:25 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Ah, survivor player...
Do you fear the town coming together as an organized unit, sir Bobert?
No I was merely commenting that it is now abundantly clear for the first time that blamp plays survivor. It's so survivor player it's funny.

BobMcBob

#1753 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:28 am

Also I really don't like tfb in the ~p50 region.

BobMcBob

#1754 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:31 am

Also also I don't like jamie nearly as much after the flum thing, even disregarding the flip. Basically agreeing with ghug there.

Durga

#1755 Post by Durga » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:32 am

I am so happy you're playing lamp

BobMcBob

#1756 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:34 am

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:48 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:42 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:35 pm

I very clearly wasn't using a trust tell.
If you are scumreading me for faking a trust tell out of the blue, why are you now implying I was using one and thus being unsportsmanlike? I can not follow any of your thought processes here.

One thing I got from this is learning you are pretty sus. You're better than "daykill all liars" and this feels like surface level scum analysis to me.
I literally said I am not in DK all liars mode earlier and I'll say it again now. That is not my motivation.

I've said this before to you, so I don't know why you keep bringing out that tired defense as though it is in any way, shape, or form responsive to the thrust of what is being said.

Here is the timeline: you claimed earlier you were using a trust tell and you never claim to be town when scum, therefore you are town. You got called out on it and then argued that it's only when you say "I am town" that you are town. You doubled down. Then after getting that facade blown up you seem to have fallen into a "lol I clearly wasn't ever using a trust tell this game, why are you so dumb?" mode, which just doesn't make any fucking sense.

My point is that in my view your behavior was clearly anti-town. There was no reason for it, it has wasted plenty of time, and unless you can tell me what the point of it was or what information you got out of it, I don't know what point or value you wanted to get out of it. I feel like the only thing I got out of it was a town read on Jamie, but I already had that from his thing on Foxcastle.
Good post.

Flum clearly has t go.
Really bad post. Somewhat within the normal damo sucking D1 range, but still bad.

BusinessLamp

#1757 Post by BusinessLamp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:44 am

Durga wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:32 am
I am so happy you're playing lamp
thanks please don’t kill me

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1758 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:53 am

I’ll vote for that town council

BobMcBob

#1759 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:10 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:10 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 pm
At this point if Flum is town he is actively distracting the rest of town from finding scum.
Why do you think I came clean?
You're the one who isn't moving on.
Damn right I'm not moving on. I think you are scum and have so far seen nothing to change my mind (although I'm still catching up).

Admitting you "came clean" is an acknowledgement that your initial claim was a lie. Yet you have also claimed you were "not trolling".

If you were not trolling, and if you are town, then you must have had a sincere, helpful, pro-town reason for doing it. So please help us to understand. Why did you decide to make up this lie about your trust-tell? How did you think that your lies would help town catch scum?
At this point this feels like it could easily be Jamie way overleaning into his kill all liars meta. Very possibly scum Jamie.

BobMcBob

#1760 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:29 am

Also celaph weirdly has it out for me, and (unrelated) I don't see both Jamie and tfb being scum, so blatantly taking the same option and +1ing each others stubborn refusals to give up on flum. I think there's a good chance one of them is scum though.