M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2341 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:08 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:47 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:43 pm
Well, finally catched up (sort of, speedy reading).

What I got.

Townlean on Gold. I like the push on Chaqa, not sure if Chaqa is scum faking it but Gold arguments seems to have a towny mindset. Chaqa appeal to GM (even not needed) is what I feel might point to town Chaqa.

Bob looks more scummy and Bozo point about him having a ready issue is valid.

##vote Bob

My other scumreads (besides Kgray that I know I won't have any support and hope Cop can sort): tfb and Fox/Vecna.
All we need now is Demon to scumread me and we can have a lurker party! Rdr would you like to present a better case against me or are you just going to piggyback off of bozo's already pathetic pedantry? Do you have a response to my response to it?
You look like a scum that are really upset you get caught on the wrong thing. And attacking the people voting you is not the best way to go.

Your answer to Bozo is that was pure coincidence you wrote that exact games, which can't be proven true or false.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2342 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:09 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:57 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:24 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:19 am

Out of interest, what do you think about Flum's post there?
it literally does not matter, why are you asking her this now?
If Kgray is scum this very small and seemingly insignificant post will change the way we play mafia FOREVER. I can’t explain now or really scum read Kgray for it because the jury is still out but someone please remind me about it at EOG.

Oh and Bob is still scum ##vote Bob
Aww, sad I don't get to forever change the game :(

But I actually am very curious as to what you're talking about, so I'll remind you lol

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2343 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:10 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:01 am
At risk of inflating HR's ego, I'm going to make another post about him.

While my hypothesis of town being the lead wagons EOD1 fit with a scumread of HR, my scumread is not dependent upon that hypothesis. Word for word, I found him scummy for these reasons 1) HR was very indecisive on how he felt about Flum. Constantly hedged his statements. 2) He also deflected heat from damo, Bob and Donny towards the end of the day as people were feeling out possibilities for other wagons. He was open for rdrivera though, who I find to be pretty towny thus far.
How come you don't scumread me more if these things bothered you about HR? Pretty sure I did all of that also.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2344 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:11 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:05 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:59 pm
Can someone summarize the Damo case?

I haven’t seen anything unusual from him, so wondering if I’m missing it.
How about: He's been extremely lazy and disinterested, to the point where he doesn't even know who is in the game, and he got a maths question wrong as a result, yet he is somehow so confident of his judgement that he keeps endvoting.
Sounds like Damo to me.

Idk. I was scum with him twice, I’m not seeing it this game.
I have this same feeling, unless Damo is tryng a totally new scum game, it doesn't look like scum Damo.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2345 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:14 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:32 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:08 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:51 am
The NK probably implies one of my supposed towncore is scum.

@ghug silly reaction test

Chaqa no longer scum suspect

@Demo you just want to look at total wordcount as a metric

@Jamie from what pov and at what stage?

Basically 1 - ((PlayerCount-Bcount)C5/PlayercountC5)
I hate this post.

Damo, how can it be a silly reaction test if you now no longer suspect Chaqa of being scum? Would you have felt the same way if Chaqa claimed and nobody counter-claimed?

Also while I understand the interaction between Chaqa and ghug can be convincing, we cannot rule out that scum RB'd DeathLlama. There's only two PRs, and if they thought DL was one, it's a 50/50 chance its Doc. If I was scum I'd be roleblocking my kill every night. Why is nobody else even mentioning this possibility?
Bullshit. Roleblocking the kill is such a dumb play when there’s multiple PRs out there, I know you’re better than that.

##Vote goldfinger

Throw him out the airlock
Can you make those archived QTs available so it's possible to check if you endorse this as scum? I won't do it, but maybe bozo will. Thanks.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2346 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:15 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:33 am
Maniac wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:57 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:24 am

it literally does not matter, why are you asking her this now?
If Kgray is scum this very small and seemingly insignificant post will change the way we play mafia FOREVER. I can’t explain now or really scum read Kgray for it because the jury is still out but someone please remind me about it at EOG.

Oh and Bob is still scum ##vote Bob
This is as lazy as it was yesterday. Maniac, start getting some original ideas or any thoughts on anythingother than that I'm supposedly scum. Regardless I read this as probably scum Maniac because it's a vote on town that looks reasonable and can be passed off later as lurking. I doubt town Maniac would be so intentionally useless.
What if Maniac is scum and Bob is just getting frustrated his teammate isn't doing anything except tunnel on him lol

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2347 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:18 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:14 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:32 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:08 am

I hate this post.

Damo, how can it be a silly reaction test if you now no longer suspect Chaqa of being scum? Would you have felt the same way if Chaqa claimed and nobody counter-claimed?

Also while I understand the interaction between Chaqa and ghug can be convincing, we cannot rule out that scum RB'd DeathLlama. There's only two PRs, and if they thought DL was one, it's a 50/50 chance its Doc. If I was scum I'd be roleblocking my kill every night. Why is nobody else even mentioning this possibility?
Bullshit. Roleblocking the kill is such a dumb play when there’s multiple PRs out there, I know you’re better than that.

##Vote goldfinger

Throw him out the airlock
Can you make those archived QTs available so it's possible to check if you endorse this as scum? I won't do it, but maybe bozo will. Thanks.
You were scum with me, you don't remember? Shame.

I do need to make them available. I think they're in the WebDip Mafia resource drive, but I don't know if we published that yet.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2348 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:19 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:44 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:42 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:33 am

Not everyone agrees with you on this.
Not my fault they’re wrong
It is your fault you're wrong though. :razz:
weirdly lighthearted as far as retorts from ghug go

BobMcBob

#2349 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:23 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:58 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:33 pm

I might vote for you. Throwing in M56 does not change that fact you mentioned the 2 recent games where ghug did claim a roleblock.

Six minutes after your first response where you listed these 3 games, you posted this:

What made you decide to go check these games in that 6 minutes, and did you just looks at these 2 games, or did you look at all games since M64?
I decided to check those games because I wanted to show that my feeling wasn't unfounded, and I didn't do it initially because it was beside the point. In that 6 minutes I checked every non-mini from M69 to M58, first checking the player list to see if me and ghug were on there and then Ctrl+Fing "role" in ghug's posts. I disregarded the game we were scum together, obviously. If I missed a game we were both in it was entirely due to the fact that my check was not particularly thorough.

Now do you want to vote me for picking numbers yet? How about you explain why I as scum would put the two correct games in as references and also M56? Why wouldn't I only put in the two correct games or instead put in three completely wrong ones? In fact, why on earth would I have searched past games where ghug claimed RB if I was scum? And how do you reconcile this being scummy with the fact that I made the exact same assumption about ghug being roleblocked frequently in a previous game?

While you're at it do you have any scumreads that aren't blatantly lazy pedantry, sheeping, or tunneling? Any original thoughts? Any thoughts on people other than me? Or do you plan to just scumread me and call it a day?
Before I answer the follow up questions, can you explain me "reads" that are "lazy pedantry, sheeping, or tunneling"?
Lazy pedantry would be something along the lines of fixating on the fact that a couple of numbers matched up as the only stated basis for a scumread.
Sheeping would be something along the lines of scumreading only the people who are most widely and easily scumread without providing any original or reasonable thoughts on them.
Tunneling could for example involve five of your first six posts of a phase being devoted solely to calling into question a not particularly meaningful event with little comment on anything else.

BobMcBob

#2350 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:23 pm

(You may now proceed with answering my questions btw).

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2351 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:37 am
I would tend to think the reason I was roleblocked specifically is so that it pushes some people like Durga, HR, or ghug to push me and get me daykilled.

Tbh kinda seems like something scum!Bona might do
Are you no longer dying on your town!bona hill?

Jamiet99uk

#2352 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:31 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:11 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:05 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm

How about: He's been extremely lazy and disinterested, to the point where he doesn't even know who is in the game, and he got a maths question wrong as a result, yet he is somehow so confident of his judgement that he keeps endvoting.
Sounds like Damo to me.

Idk. I was scum with him twice, I’m not seeing it this game.
I have this same feeling, unless Damo is tryng a totally new scum game, it doesn't look like scum Damo.
Describe scum Damo.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

BesharamSabi

#2353 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 pm

VOTE COUNT VERSION 2.02

Rise and shine

BobMcBob: (4) damo666*, Maniac, Chaqa, rdrivera2005
celaph: (4) Hellenic Riot, ghug, Durga, kgray
damo666: (4)vDemonRHK, Jamiet99uk, goldfinger0303, BobMcBob
TheFlyingBoat: (1) Bonatogether

Non-votes:/bozotheclown, BusinessLamp, celaph, Donny Dude, Vecna, TheFlyingBoat

Non posters: Vecna

NO ONE IS SET TO SWIM WITH THE FISHIES

EOD IS IN 34 HOURS

In Gulliver's Travels Jonathan Swift described the two moons of Mars, Phobos and Deimos, giving their exact size and speeds of rotation. He did this more that a hundred years before either moon was discovered!

BobMcBob

#2354 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:08 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:47 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Well, finally catched up (sort of, speedy reading).

What I got.

Townlean on Gold. I like the push on Chaqa, not sure if Chaqa is scum faking it but Gold arguments seems to have a towny mindset. Chaqa appeal to GM (even not needed) is what I feel might point to town Chaqa.

Bob looks more scummy and Bozo point about him having a ready issue is valid.

##vote Bob

My other scumreads (besides Kgray that I know I won't have any support and hope Cop can sort): tfb and Fox/Vecna.
All we need now is Demon to scumread me and we can have a lurker party! Rdr would you like to present a better case against me or are you just going to piggyback off of bozo's already pathetic pedantry? Do you have a response to my response to it?
You look like a scum that are really upset you get caught on the wrong thing. And attacking the people voting you is not the best way to go.

Your answer to Bozo is that was pure coincidence you wrote that exact games, which can't be proven true or false.
So why do you suppose I am attacking the people voting me? Is it because I'm scum desperately trying to push them off by being somewhat rude and insulting? Why would that be a good idea?

Also I've been pretty careless about making people annoyed at me this game. I'm honestly surprised Jamie hasn't got mad at me and HR hasn't gone full ego mode or gone back to scumreading me after some replies I made to them last night.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2355 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:33 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:48 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:41 pm

You're really changing your read on rdr because I liked your case?
You liking kgray's case on rdrivera is the most suspicious thing I have seen so far in this game.
Why would this be?
What did you think of my case?

Jamiet99uk

#2356 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:34 pm

##Vote Vecna

Everything I said about Foxcastle, and about Vecna's play so far, remains valid.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#2357 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:35 pm

@Bob: What have you done, that you think ought to make me mad?

I am a kindly and joyful-hearted individual.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2358 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:35 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:27 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:37 am
I would tend to think the reason I was roleblocked specifically is so that it pushes some people like Durga, HR, or ghug to push me and get me daykilled.

Tbh kinda seems like something scum!Bona might do
Are you no longer dying on your town!bona hill?
He loved to frame me in Among Us, so I’m starting to have doubts

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2359 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:40 pm

Donny Dude wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:05 am
Rip dl
Other than the ghug rb, which I believe, Bob seems worried about how he is going to get voted for dl's death. There is that consusuin from bob again like eod1.
hr vote for Celaph, which is interesting.
Kgray on Durga and ghug on hr despite liking Hr's reads??

Ghug, do you feel Hr is trying to say what you want to hear than an actual thought process?

Kgray says celaph is k also, which feels a bit like whoever is fine by her.

Kgray, why do you feel this way on Celaph?

I find Kgray's repsonse interesting on giving up on hr defending saying to leave to himself because she just drops it suddenly.

Kgray, do you feel hr is beyond needing your help or do you feel there is no point?

During the kgray Durga exchange Jamie appears and starts to complain about it being endless.
I do like that Hr wants to move on with the conversation and move on to other topics.
Jamiet then picks up on Hrs suggestion of Celaph and how hr feels about it.
He then got really angry about not wanting to waste towns need to flip kgray Durga unless they resolve their issues.

I feel like this is quite controlling and a strong reaction from him for a rather short exchange, like I could see scum jamie doing it to disrupt a convo that may lead to negative result like the point of hr.

Jamiet, were you trying to prevent another flum situation with that?

Kgray moving on to Celaph suddenly saying shes good with durga?

Seems sudden to move on to someone she thought was lukewarm on particularly after Jamiet came barging in.

Kgray was there something that prompted this?

Chaqa with a rb also ,so now both him and ghug.
ghug retracts as a reaction post claim.
I do agree with ghug on chaqas response.
Kgray now moving off celaph feeling that needs to change??
Not sure I like kgray moving this much without much reasoning.
I noted my suspicions of both Durga and celaph before EON but also stated clearly that I don't particularly want to kill either of them, so I'm not sure why you think it's surprising that I'd vote the way I did. Why would moving between them without much reasoning be scummy to you anyway?

I don't think HR needs my help defending himself and I also think there was no point, as ghug continued to insist on his (imo) flawed assumptions going into the discussion.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2360 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:53 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:01 am
##VOTE celaph
Say more.
wtf you're gonna react to ghug voting you but not me?