M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2501 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:37 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:53 am

Say more.
wtf you're gonna react to ghug voting you but not me?
What do you find this about Celaph surprising?
Celaph knows he's my favorite so avoiding me is weird and feels awkward, so I think he's uncomfortable and that's scummy.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2502 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:59 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:22 pm
Yeah okay so celaph's 'reads' so far have been pretty bland surface-level statements and his questions seem to be more about finding inconsistencies with or asking for clarification on other people's reads. He's neither looking into motivations nor drawing any insightful conclusions of his own.

And I seriously cannot believe he didn't react at all to me scumreading and voting him. I'm hurt and extremely suspicious. Let's get him.

Also I think boatman is scummy now, and the two of them with ghug make sense as a scumteam in my mind.

Also happy with a Fox/Vecna wagon. That slot has done nothing towny.
You have no good reason to scumread me.
Tradition

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2503 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:44 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:28 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:22 pm
Yeah okay so celaph's 'reads' so far have been pretty bland surface-level statements and his questions seem to be more about finding inconsistencies with or asking for clarification on other people's reads. He's neither looking into motivations nor drawing any insightful conclusions of his own.

And I seriously cannot believe he didn't react at all to me scumreading and voting him. I'm hurt and extremely suspicious. Let's get him.

Also I think boatman is scummy now, and the two of them with ghug make sense as a scumteam in my mind.

Also happy with a Fox/Vecna wagon. That slot has done nothing towny.
Because I spent two hours writing a reads list to the start of D2? That's just what I do in game idk what to tell you. And me on a scum team with ghug? That's just silly lmao. At least the fox/vecna support is good.
What's silly about you on a scumteam with ghug?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2504 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:50 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:51 pm
##vote Demon

if anyone can point me to anything pro-town he did day one I’d love to hear it

There’s multiple posts that make no sense, where he weakly probes that things are “interesting” that aren’t scum indicators at all. And was also weakly pro-flum bandwagon but backed off. (which is a hypocritical point for me to make but yea).

don’t think we should keep him around
I really can't convince myself that scum would do that correlation thing, especially in the way he did it, where he was like "ooh I have a thought but I'm not telling you" because there's no way it draws anything but negative attention.

celaph

#2505 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:29 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:20 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:43 am
Got town Vecna vibes from Goldie's catchup.
what does this mean
There have been some games where town Vecna didn't do much D1 and then had a series of catchup posts were he touches on many of the key points from the previous pages while adding his original thought and reads to them. I say that, though I just went back and skimmed our games together and only found him doing this D2 M65 so I think I have over estimated how much he's done it.

Specifically, with regard to Goldie's post, I was liking that not only was Goldie calling out the points that he thought were important, but also providing his own comments on them.

I was rubbed the wrong way a little on his response to my corrections, but I just quickly scanned ahead to see his posts and it looks like he just hasn't placed a ton of importance on those people so I'm coming around on it being a towny response.

celaph

#2506 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:33 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 pm
Kgray, why were you so quick to jump off both durga and celaph after apparently resolving to call them out, and why have you completely forgone exposing this change?
I liked this set of questions from Bob. Just wanted to say that I'm giving kgray a pass on the jumping off me aspect. A while back she promised me a townread for subbing in the World Cup and we haven't played together since. Given her expressed reads, I imagine she has conflicted feelings over that.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2507 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:36 am

I've been waiting for you to bring that up :lol:

celaph

#2508 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:41 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:11 pm
Okay posting 50000 word count reads list instead of engaging with the active thread is kinda scummy especially for someone who's been mia
Okay, but did you disagree with elements of it besides his read on you?

My biggest complaint was that it felt hedgey on almost everyone. He put kgray and Jamie as high town which isn't a new thought and he started his only med-town (ghug) with "Need to revisit this one later when I am less tired."

Durga

#2509 Post by Durga » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 am

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:41 am
Durga wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:11 pm
Okay posting 50000 word count reads list instead of engaging with the active thread is kinda scummy especially for someone who's been mia
Okay, but did you disagree with elements of it besides his read on you?

My biggest complaint was that it felt hedgey on almost everyone. He put kgray and Jamie as high town which isn't a new thought and he started his only med-town (ghug) with "Need to revisit this one later when I am less tired."
I didn't really read it because I value my time

celaph

#2510 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:52 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:43 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:48 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 pm

You liking kgray's case on rdrivera is the most suspicious thing I have seen so far in this game.
Why would this be?
I did not agree with kgray's case and don't see why ghug found it "very compelling", especially since kgray seemed to be backing off on her suspicion of rdrivera somewhat. What part is compelling, her reasons for suspecting rdrivera or the part where she was hedging her read?
I think the stronger part of the case was rdr's comments about flum, not those about you. And it sounded like she was hedging despite still thinking those aspects were scummy. There is a case there to like and while I think some concern over ghug's willingness to accept it is warranted, it seems far from the most suspicious thing this game.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2511 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:57 am

What do you think is the most suspicious thing in this game, celaph?

celaph

#2512 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:58 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:47 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Well, finally catched up (sort of, speedy reading).

What I got.

Townlean on Gold. I like the push on Chaqa, not sure if Chaqa is scum faking it but Gold arguments seems to have a towny mindset. Chaqa appeal to GM (even not needed) is what I feel might point to town Chaqa.

Bob looks more scummy and Bozo point about him having a ready issue is valid.

##vote Bob

My other scumreads (besides Kgray that I know I won't have any support and hope Cop can sort): tfb and Fox/Vecna.
All we need now is Demon to scumread me and we can have a lurker party! Rdr would you like to present a better case against me or are you just going to piggyback off of bozo's already pathetic pedantry? Do you have a response to my response to it?
@Bob, do you think anyone who has been pressuring you is misguided town?

celaph

#2513 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:01 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:04 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:00 am
Huh, kgray really took any excuse to jump off of celaph and durga huh? THis also looks good for ghug, both the fakeclaiming RB and voting me over "not believing the claim". Not a good look for kgray though.
##vote celaph
I forgot I moved off of celaph lmao

I had a thought about the way you reacted to ghug's claim and the way ghug and HR reacted that and I thought it'd be fun to do one of those "pressure" votes. But I will go back to ##vote celaph
:cry:

celaph

#2514 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:10 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:33 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:48 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 pm

You liking kgray's case on rdrivera is the most suspicious thing I have seen so far in this game.
Why would this be?
What did you think of my case?
Commented on it above to Bozo, but I think the Flum aspects and rdr's OMGUS response to your pressure are much stronger reasons to vote him than his earlier comments about Bozo which I didn't mind.

BobMcBob

#2515 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:20 am

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:58 am
BobMcBob wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Well, finally catched up (sort of, speedy reading).

What I got.

Townlean on Gold. I like the push on Chaqa, not sure if Chaqa is scum faking it but Gold arguments seems to have a towny mindset. Chaqa appeal to GM (even not needed) is what I feel might point to town Chaqa.

Bob looks more scummy and Bozo point about him having a ready issue is valid.

##vote Bob

My other scumreads (besides Kgray that I know I won't have any support and hope Cop can sort): tfb and Fox/Vecna.
All we need now is Demon to scumread me and we can have a lurker party! Rdr would you like to present a better case against me or are you just going to piggyback off of bozo's already pathetic pedantry? Do you have a response to my response to it?
@Bob, do you think anyone who has been pressuring you is misguided town?
Let's see, there are at least 7 people who have pressured me today, and 5 scum. Yes, I do. Who? All the ones that aren't scum, see my reads when I do them.

celaph

#2516 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:26 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:53 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:01 am
##VOTE celaph
Say more.
wtf you're gonna react to ghug voting you but not me?
Your obvious Durga favoritism cost you a response. :neutral:

More seriously, I had been a little self conscious about buddying ever since Bob commented on it early. As for why ghug got a response, his vote was without comments while you/Bob/HR and to a lesser extent Durga had all commented reasons.

I don't think that anyone (Bob notwithstanding given how his behavior with me fits an overall pattern) looks scummy for their reads, though I do think HR is right and that you're early scumread took some of the towncred that others might have gotten.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2517 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 am

@kgray: are you getting the same vibes from celaph as the game we were scum with him?

I kinda am

celaph

#2518 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:33 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:27 am
Okay, it's time to have some Actual Content TM and Non-Reactionary Ideas (C)!
Since apparently nobody liked Question Time.

Blamp is towncore, I doubt a new player, even one with this much survivor experience, would be this towny and, more importantly, coherent and self-consistent as scum.
This is terrible reasoning. I don't think it is entirely fair to say that blamp is inexperienced and that the survivor doesn't translate over, because clearly blamp is acting like a reasonably experienced player, so saying that he can't be scum is really just not true. Blamp is towny but nowhere near towncore or even a strong townread because we don't know how he'd be playing this as scum
I agree that we can't say how he'd play as scum, but we can still easily comment on whether his actions seem to benefit town, which I think they absolutely have. He has been sharing his opinions, starting wagons, defending people he townreads. That's why he merits a townread.

bozotheclown

#2519 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:00 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:08 pm
BobMcBob wrote:

You look like a scum that are really upset you get caught on the wrong thing. And attacking the people voting you is not the best way to go.

Your answer to Bozo is that was pure coincidence you wrote that exact games, which can't be proven true or false.
So why do you suppose I am attacking the people voting me? Is it because I'm scum desperately trying to push them off by being somewhat rude and insulting? Why would that be a good idea?

Also I've been pretty careless about making people annoyed at me this game. I'm honestly surprised Jamie hasn't got mad at me and HR hasn't gone full ego mode or gone back to scumreading me after some replies I made to them last night.
Being generally insulting to other players would look less like a scum ploy if you did not keep pointing out that it is something scum would not do.

bozotheclown

#2520 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 pm
Havent observed Donny yet this game, but he's normally much more awkward as town and pretty convincing as scum.
Donny was the lead wagon when Vecna made this post. I find it suspicious how Vecna subtly defended Donny if he had not read anything yet.

##VOTE Vecna