M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BusinessLamp

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2821 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:16 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:10 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:05 pm
I've been thinking more about Night 1.

Clearly the DL kill was PR hunting, so presumably my roleblock was as well, but I can't for the life of me figure out why scum would think I was a PR. I'm pretty sure anyone who has played with me enough (Durga, ghug, kgray, Bozo, Bona, lots more) would not think I'm a PR based off of my Day 1, and also would likely want to not give me any quasi-town clear (despite the natural suspicion that a roleblock brings being a competing theory in my head canon) so that I can be miskilled later.

This makes me wonder if the scum team is composed of players who are either new, returning, or semi-regulars.

I'm thinking a team made of players like BusinessLamp, celaph, HR, TFB, Donny, etc.

Not sure if I'm reading too much into it.
This is kinda hokey. Who knows why scum do what they do - they might have picked up some random post as based on the same principle as the se7en crumb, they might have done it to confuse town, they might have done it to sneak scum in as soft!town
how come he only gets "kinda hokey" and i get called stupid :cry:

Bonatogether

#2822 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:16 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:19 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:13 pm
reading TFB the thing that stands out to me is the repeated need to mention "i did my own research on flum, i could've been lazy, but i wasn't!!!"
Now so far, I like Blamp and still think he is slight town, but if it comes late in the game and I am dead and Blamp is around and looking kinda sus, people should come back to this and look to the potential it is the latter option.
this sentence from night post reads as town because of the scenario, but i guess that's pretty easy to fake.

overall his stance on me is a bit sketchy. it reads as like "i know that lamp is towny... but mayyyybeee he isnt? i get that he's townie, but he's also null. we should keep an eye on him."

@TFB how much of your weariness towards me is because i tried to push votes on you at EOD yesterday?
Pretty much none. I actively try to avoid OMGUSing people as mentioned before. My greater risk is often in overcorrection rather than under. And yes my stance towards you is very unconfident because it varies depending on how much comfort/rust I think you have when it comes to mafia. The more comfort and the less rust the more scum I see you, the less comfort and more rust the more town I see you, if that makes sense.
This is such a scummy post

##vote tfb

Bonatogether

#2823 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:28 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:
reading TFB the thing that stands out to me is the repeated need to mention "i did my own research on flum, i could've been lazy, but i wasn't!!!"

this sentence from night post reads as town because of the scenario, but i guess that's pretty easy to fake.

overall his stance on me is a bit sketchy. it reads as like "i know that lamp is towny... but mayyyybeee he isnt? i get that he's townie, but he's also null. we should keep an eye on him."

@TFB how much of your weariness towards me is because i tried to push votes on you at EOD yesterday?
Pretty much none. I actively try to avoid OMGUSing people as mentioned before. My greater risk is often in overcorrection rather than under. And yes my stance towards you is very unconfident because it varies depending on how much comfort/rust I think you have when it comes to mafia. The more comfort and the less rust the more scum I see you, the less comfort and more rust the more town I see you, if that makes sense.
i mean yeah i think you can see the progression naturally, unless you think i've been acting. which i guess could be the case, but feels like an unnecessary stunt to pull
this entire interaction is scummy as fuck and i hate hate hate it

Bonatogether

#2824 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:30 pm
nothing in vecna's iso rang alarm bells for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What did you like in Vecna's ISO, if nothing was bad?

BusinessLamp

#2825 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:18 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:13 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:57 am
okay ngl I thought flum was PR
god strike me down for going into night kill discussion against my better judgment but...

why are people saying DL was a PR kill when this post indicates he was likely not PR

it was prob just random to throw ppl
i guess this doesnt make sense because if scum saw this and thought he was Not PR they wouldn't have killed him

this is what i get for trying to theorize night kill

BesharamSabi

#2826 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:18 pm

VOTE COUNT VERSION 2.08

celaph:(5) Hellenic Riot kgrey Vecna ghug goldfinger0303
BobMcBob: (4) Maniac rdrivera2005 Donny Dude damo666
TheFlyingBoat:(3) Bonatogether Durga Chaqa
Vecna:(3) Jamiet99uk TheFlyingBoat bozotheclown
damo666:(1) DemonRHK
goldfinger0303: (1) BobMcBob
Unvote (1) BusinessLamp

Nonvoters: celaph

ATM CELAPH IS SET TO BE STUNG BY BEES

EOD IN 2 HOURS AND 40 MINUTES

The female pigeon cannot lay eggs if she is alone. In order for her ovaries to function, she must be able to see another pigeon.

TheFlyingBoat

#2827 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:18 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:43 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:42 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:37 pm
@ghug wait did your reads list that I totally didn't read say you town read tfb
It does say that, yes.
Why do I feel like you only appear everytime someone mentions you
My first post this morning and my posts last night were literally not in response to summons.

Bonatogether

#2828 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:19 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:37 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:17 pm
celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 am

I agree that we can't say how he'd play as scum, but we can still easily comment on whether his actions seem to benefit town, which I think they absolutely have. He has been sharing his opinions, starting wagons, defending people he townreads. That's why he merits a townread.
That's not the point. The point is him being competent is not in and of itself worthy of a townread due to his newness, and his newness is a reason to be more skittish on the townreads with blamp
I think that there is a big difference between being competent and being towny and blamp has been both.
I do not disagree on the 'difference between being competent and being town'. My point has been people are conflating those in blamp's case

Bonatogether

#2829 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:20 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:04 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:43 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:39 pm
@kgray @ghug @durga

thoughts on a donny vote?
i refuse to believe you aren't experienced at forum mafia
oh sorry just saw this post for first time when rereading donny bandwagon, would've clarified sooner if i saw this
imagine not reading everything

Bonatogether

#2830 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:21 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Now so far, I like Blamp and still think he is slight town, but if it comes late in the game and I am dead and Blamp is around and looking kinda sus, people should come back to this and look to the potential it is the latter option.

now that blamp is established as experienced, i really dislike this post given the rest of the interaction and boat man's general scumminess

Bonatogether

#2831 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:22 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:04 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:43 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:39 pm
@kgray @ghug @durga

thoughts on a donny vote?
i refuse to believe you aren't experienced at forum mafia
oh sorry just saw this post for first time when rereading donny bandwagon, would've clarified sooner if i saw this
do you have any previous games from somewhere?

Donny Dude

#2832 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:22 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:08 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:49 pm
@celaph forgive me if this has already been asked in this way, but is there a reason you tend to avoid directly responding to posts with votes on you? behavior seems to have changed a bit after people commented on it
A mixture of my energy level and what I think will come out for talking more about their read. For example, on your earlier vote you said you had no original thought and when I look at the reasons people expressed for being suspicious of me there were a lot of people calling out generally poor posts and so I don't think I'd get a lot out of pushing you on it.
Blamp could you clarify what you meant when voting for Celaph?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2833 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:23 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:29 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:09 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:05 pm

Fine, but does the guy seem unused to play mafia? He has seemed rather adept and attuned to various heuristics and displayed a certain style that doesn't seem indicative of someone who is gripped by rust or feels particularly lost.
He absolutely feels gripped by rust. He's clearly highly competent, but he does and says things that don't quite fit with the meta. You're also ignoring the other part of the argument, which is that his switch to the non-main counterwagon makes more sense given his stated preference for killing you or Flum rather than just not killing Flum.
I mean couldn't you say the same about Bona who also delineated his preferences for kill as me > Flum > Bob?
Did he? I know he switched to Flum claiming wagonomics, which I found odd in itself at the time.

The vote I took the most issue with was RHK's, though now I townread him for other reasons.

Bonatogether

#2834 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:23 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:16 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:10 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:05 pm
I've been thinking more about Night 1.

Clearly the DL kill was PR hunting, so presumably my roleblock was as well, but I can't for the life of me figure out why scum would think I was a PR. I'm pretty sure anyone who has played with me enough (Durga, ghug, kgray, Bozo, Bona, lots more) would not think I'm a PR based off of my Day 1, and also would likely want to not give me any quasi-town clear (despite the natural suspicion that a roleblock brings being a competing theory in my head canon) so that I can be miskilled later.

This makes me wonder if the scum team is composed of players who are either new, returning, or semi-regulars.

I'm thinking a team made of players like BusinessLamp, celaph, HR, TFB, Donny, etc.

Not sure if I'm reading too much into it.
This is kinda hokey. Who knows why scum do what they do - they might have picked up some random post as based on the same principle as the se7en crumb, they might have done it to confuse town, they might have done it to sneak scum in as soft!town
how come he only gets "kinda hokey" and i get called stupid :cry:
idr your post but whatever it was, it was probably worse

Bonatogether

#2835 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:24 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:18 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:13 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:57 am
okay ngl I thought flum was PR
god strike me down for going into night kill discussion against my better judgment but...

why are people saying DL was a PR kill when this post indicates he was likely not PR

it was prob just random to throw ppl
i guess this doesnt make sense because if scum saw this and thought he was Not PR they wouldn't have killed him

this is what i get for trying to theorize night kill
yeah maybe nk analysis is just wifom dude

Bonatogether

#2836 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:24 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:18 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:43 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:42 pm

It does say that, yes.
Why do I feel like you only appear everytime someone mentions you
My first post this morning and my posts last night were literally not in response to summons.
that's not the point?

BusinessLamp

#2837 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:25 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:30 pm
nothing in vecna's iso rang alarm bells for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What did you like in Vecna's ISO, if nothing was bad?
im just showing off i do give some measure of shit about solving this game, so that y'all can then realize later on my heart was in the right place wheb i get busy again
i liked this level of transparency
Demon again has the agitated tone he often has as scum.

Not really liking either that his iso reveals he hasnt made any mention of fox all throughout D1 whatsoever, untill the end of N1.

Was DL very vocal about wanting to kill Damo? Because RHK instantly jumping on damo after linking the reasoning to what DL apparently was crusading fits just fine as well.

Also really wondering what Celaph did D2 to make him forget about his 2nd strongest scumread.

Wouldnt surprise me if Celaph is the GF and is being kept in a status of protect if possible and bus if nessacery.
this felt well-reasoned and intentioned, and last sentence feels like a genuine over-thinking of situation
Im pretty sure I have a fluffy pillow-cloud of townreads somewhere stored in my brain.
i like this sentence because i relate

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2838 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:29 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:28 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

i mean yeah i think you can see the progression naturally, unless you think i've been acting. which i guess could be the case, but feels like an unnecessary stunt to pull
this entire interaction is scummy as fuck and i hate hate hate it
Why?

Bonatogether

#2839 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:30 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:23 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:09 pm

He absolutely feels gripped by rust. He's clearly highly competent, but he does and says things that don't quite fit with the meta. You're also ignoring the other part of the argument, which is that his switch to the non-main counterwagon makes more sense given his stated preference for killing you or Flum rather than just not killing Flum.
I mean couldn't you say the same about Bona who also delineated his preferences for kill as me > Flum > Bob?
Did he? I know he switched to Flum claiming wagonomics, which I found odd in itself at the time.

The vote I took the most issue with was RHK's, though now I townread him for other reasons.
i switched to flum on the theory that the wagon would balloon and then collapse, and then we could go back to voting boat man, but in the event it didn't happen, but i was fine with being on boat man so it was kinda ok

Bonatogether

#2840 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:31 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:30 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:23 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

i switched to flum on the theory that the wagon would balloon and then collapse, and then we could go back to voting boat man, but in the event it didn't happen, but i was fine with being on flum so it was kinda ok