M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BusinessLamp

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#4041 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:37 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:09 pm
Maniac would be in the running for that 4-3 flip, if it came to it and he were alive, FWIW.
this is the worst possible situation btw. i don’t want this game to come down to making a call on Maniac, lol.

BusinessLamp

#4042 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:40 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:25 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:13 pm
anyway yea damo is town we’re not voting him
Wait why?
there’s a zero percent chance that scum team debacle where he ended up putting a vote on me and then taking it off was fake. there was a line of logic going through it the whole way which led to a conclusion. the logic was based on bad premises but it was still clear and able to be followed. Then his own cognitive dissonance regarding his conclusion caused him to question it and adjust. idk it was like the whole scientific process played out in front of us and if he was faking that whole thing then he deserves an Oscar.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4043 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 pm

Also I don't remember why I townread boatman, maybe someone can check on that.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4044 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:50 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:01 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:37 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:32 pm

I'm relatively sure whenever I'm scum I push to kill you because you suspect me regardless of my alignment.

I led the charge on celaph and Durga, why would I be scum here
I think you'll find I led the charge on celaph, even if I decided to hedge later on.
Ghug and I brought that wagon back from irrelevance just when you moved your vote toward TFB, immediately after Durga did the same. You see how bad that looks, and now to claim credit for the celaph wagon, right?
A wagon that only existed because I pushed it at the start of the day, yes. I left it only after it was no longer happening, to protect my top townread, and I may well have left it for a different scum member. And you are still yet to explain why I'd do *any* of that as scum... So no, I don't particularly understand "How bad that looks", because you ain't scumreading Bob.

The case against me seems to consist of I'm scum for not going after celaph aggressively enough and I'm also scum for going after goldfinger too aggressively, which is one hell of a fallacious proposition. Ascribe these scum motivations you seem to think I have for all my actions or get over it; nobody has come up with a remotely decent point since ghug compared my defending of Bob to my defending of EMC in a game two years ago.

damo666

#4045 Post by damo666 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:52 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 pm
Lol

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4046 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:52 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:50 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I think you'll find I led the charge on celaph, even if I decided to hedge later on.
Ghug and I brought that wagon back from irrelevance just when you moved your vote toward TFB, immediately after Durga did the same. You see how bad that looks, and now to claim credit for the celaph wagon, right?
A wagon that only existed because I pushed it at the start of the day, yes. I left it only after it was no longer happening, to protect my top townread, and I may well have left it for a different scum member. And you are still yet to explain why I'd do *any* of that as scum... So no, I don't particularly understand "How bad that looks", because you ain't scumreading Bob.

The case against me seems to consist of I'm scum for not going after celaph aggressively enough and I'm also scum for going after goldfinger too aggressively, which is one hell of a fallacious proposition. Ascribe these scum motivations you seem to think I have for all my actions or get over it; nobody has come up with a remotely decent point since ghug compared my defending of Bob to my defending of EMC in a game two years ago.
I don’t and haven’t considered gold finger whatsoever in scumread of you

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4047 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:53 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:40 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:13 pm
anyway yea damo is town we’re not voting him
Wait why?
there’s a zero percent chance that scum team debacle where he ended up putting a vote on me and then taking it off was fake. there was a line of logic going through it the whole way which led to a conclusion. the logic was based on bad premises but it was still clear and able to be followed. Then his own cognitive dissonance regarding his conclusion caused him to question it and adjust. idk it was like the whole scientific process played out in front of us and if he was faking that whole thing then he deserves an Oscar.
The real problem with this is that the only time Damo ever has followable logic is when he's scum

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4048 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:53 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:52 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

That's a nice cherrypick that avoids the crux of the question to go after a more general secondary point.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4049 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:54 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:37 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:09 pm
Maniac would be in the running for that 4-3 flip, if it came to it and he were alive, FWIW.
this is the worst possible situation btw. i don’t want this game to come down to making a call on Maniac, lol.
@Chaqa this guy is town.

@Lamp if it comes down to it you can sheep me and I'll take the blame if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure Maniac is town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4050 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:59 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:53 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:40 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Wait why?
The real problem with this is that the only time Damo ever has followable logic is when he's scum
Nah

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4051 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:02 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

That's bs. I'd have started the celaph wagon if you hadn't, and you made like two posts about how he was scummy and ignored him for the next 47 hours when you suddenly said you'd be up for boatman. I was struggling to see your celaph interactions as scummy because I thought they weren't that different from mine, but they actually are pretty different. I actually pushed celaph and tried to read him, and you scumreading me for all that instead of thinking we are coming from a similar place *especially when you followed my vote to boatman* is itself super scummy.

TheFlyingBoat

#4052 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:08 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 pm
I hate you :lol:

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4053 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:15 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:53 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:52 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:

That's a nice cherrypick that avoids the crux of the question to go after a more general secondary point.
Thanks, I worked very little on it

TheFlyingBoat

#4054 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:16 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:32 pm

I'm relatively sure whenever I'm scum I push to kill you because you suspect me regardless of my alignment.

I led the charge on celaph and Durga, why would I be scum here

Uh when I joined the celaph wagon with 9 minutes left it was just me, HR, and Vecna, who was afk and stuck on a vote from like 5 hours prior. And it was only after then that you and ghug joined and only after that that HR left to try and bury me to save Celaph (though he claims it was to save Bob)

Bonatogether

#4055 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:19 pm

bona's thoughts

Bob, I believe, is partially cleared by the d1 VCA, as celaph and durga made bob a viable wagon. However, I have not been feeling him as much recently as I have d1. Perhaps this is just I haven't played with him enough recently, but I'm not as sold on a huge townread of him like some other people have.

Blamp had the most terrible interaction with boat man late in day 2, which is where I first really hard scumreading boat man, but I believe blamp comes off equally terribly in the conversation as well. This series of posts is what really scares me, and he hasn't improved at all since. Also, I reread for the capitalization thing I caught earlier and found some interesting stuff:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm

Overall everything makes sense to me if being read as a mafia Durga game where her main priority is to survive alongside pals instead of actually scumhunting.
BusinessLamp wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:30 am
Donny is the only one I trust now
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:48 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:10 am
This is roughly where I rank everyone in likelihood from town to scum:
i lowkey don't understand how you can see me as a scum possibility after Durga's flip. <snip the uncapitalized stuff> The entire last night phase would've been full of hare-brained schemes being planned in the scum chat and throwing random shit at the wall to see what sticks. <snip uncapitalized>
so yeah, I scumread blamp pretty hard here

Chaqa has been on the ending wagon every day that it mattered (d1 and d2). Don't have any real insight here except that my brain says he's town but I can't get my gut behind that.

damo does wrong math and has a set of immutable 'assumptions' and an absolutely flawless set of 'reasoning'. I know damo likes to do this but I don't recall him being this adamantly wrong. leanscum but I'm not ruling out him just being wrong

I can't remember anything RHK has done, reread showed basically nothing substantial since n1, idfk

same for donny but d2

has vecna even posted

i can't read ghug

the metallic finger doesn't really post often. this wouldn't be an issue but for the fact that he doesn't say anything in his posts. scumread

HR is scumread by a lot of people, largely based on d2 vca, which like, I kinda get, but does HR really doubleguess himself right after voting boat man? maybe. I don't scumread him anything like some other people do for that.

jamie is town

kgary is kinda in a weird place, and VCA is kinda iffy, but no posts have jumped out at me, so i'll give her a pass for now

i agree with kgary on maniac, but more null

rdr needs to post more recently

boat man doesn't read, but he still responds, which sets off massive scumdar for me

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4056 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:19 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:02 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

That's bs. I'd have started the celaph wagon if you hadn't, and you made like two posts about how he was scummy and ignored him for the next 47 hours when you suddenly said you'd be up for boatman. I was struggling to see your celaph interactions as scummy because I thought they weren't that different from mine, but they actually are pretty different. I actually pushed celaph and tried to read him, and you scumreading me for all that instead of thinking we are coming from a similar place *especially when you followed my vote to boatman* is itself super scummy.
I am permitted to have doubts rather than pick one target at a time and not rest until I've blown their brains out. My initial case on celaph wasn't particularly strong, and he was milquetoast enough D2 that it neither strengthened nor weakened. I am not claiming to be responsible for his demise (that would be ludicrous): But I started the wagon and kept it alive through the whole day (despite all the opportunities to jump off), and then happened to have the misfortune of being convinced to leave (by you) right before people finally decided to actually get him after all. C'est la vie.

Bonatogether

#4057 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:20 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:16 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:34 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:36 am

jamie is town
he's not town for that post
not the arguments behind it but the sentiment
yeah, he's not town for it

TheFlyingBoat

#4058 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:21 pm

But yeah I want Vecna, HR, and Rdr as my next three targets. Bona, Gold, and Damo would be my next three guesses after that

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4059 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:27 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:19 pm
kgray wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I am permitted to have doubts rather than pick one target at a time and not rest until I've blown their brains out. My initial case on celaph wasn't particularly strong, and he was milquetoast enough D2 that it neither strengthened nor weakened. I am not claiming to be responsible for his demise (that would be ludicrous): But I started the wagon and kept it alive through the whole day (despite all the opportunities to jump off), and then happened to have the misfortune of being convinced to leave (by you) right before people finally decided to actually get him after all. C'est la vie.
you didn't 'keep it alive' though, you just did nothing about it at all. and how did i convince you to leave? was my 'do it' post really such a strong case??

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4060 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:29 pm

kgray wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

No me