M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2521 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:40 am

VOTE COUNT VERSION 2.05

DemonRHK: (4) BUSINESSLAMP, DURGA, GOLDFINGER0303, DAMO666
celaph: (3) HELLENIC RIOT, GHUG, KGReY,
BobMcBob: (3) Maniac, Chaqa, rdrivera2005
Vecna: (3) Jamiet99uk, TheFlyingBoat, bozotheclown
damo666: (2) DemonRHK, BobMcBob
TheFlyingBoat: (1) Bonatogether

Non-votes: celaph, Donny Dude, Vecna

DEMONHONGKONG IS SET TO BITE THE BULLET

EOD IN 18.4 HOURS

15% of all public corporations in the United States use a drab two-story office space in Delaware as their tax haven including half of all Fortune 500 companies

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2522 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:42 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 am
@kgray: are you getting the same vibes from celaph as the game we were scum with him?

I kinda am
I am too, and y'all killed me for having him pegged that game.

BusinessLamp

#2523 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:42 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:19 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:14 am
the only thing to come out of the ghug fake claim for me is that bob’s immediate “seems legit” feels forced. still undecided on Bob as a whole though
Wasn't he a solid town read for you?
“Solid” might be overstating it a bit, but yea which is why this new thought makes me confused

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2524 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:43 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 pm
Havent observed Donny yet this game, but he's normally much more awkward as town and pretty convincing as scum.
Donny was the lead wagon when Vecna made this post. I find it suspicious how Vecna subtly defended Donny if he had not read anything yet.

##VOTE Vecna
Like this post.

BesharamSabi

#2525 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:47 am

GM Note

Please send stuff for the God thread. Tom, Eden and I are bored. We are going to start writing fanfic of yall soon. By we I mean me. Tom is busy slaving away over writing flavor in the flavor factory. Please tell Tom he's doing a good job for the flavors.

Also more karma for me plz and ty.

Carry on.

Good night. 💕

Durga

#2526 Post by Durga » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:59 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:42 am
Durga wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:14 am
the only thing to come out of the ghug fake claim for me is that bob’s immediate “seems legit” feels forced. still undecided on Bob as a whole though
“Solid” might be overstating it a bit, but yea which is why this new thought makes me confused
What changed?

BusinessLamp

#2527 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:00 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:50 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:51 pm
##vote Demon

if anyone can point me to anything pro-town he did day one I’d love to hear it

There’s multiple posts that make no sense, where he weakly probes that things are “interesting” that aren’t scum indicators at all. And was also weakly pro-flum bandwagon but backed off. (which is a hypocritical point for me to make but yea).

don’t think we should keep him around
I really can't convince myself that scum would do that correlation thing, especially in the way he did it, where he was like "ooh I have a thought but I'm not telling you" because there's no way it draws anything but negative attention.
yeah full disclosure I couldn’t convince myself either way that anything would be scum-indicating or town-indicating. everything from day one just felt so illogical that I was fine placing my vote to remove that person from the game, and hey maybe they turn out to be scum. seems like his posts today might be better though. I’ve been having trouble motivating myself to focus on this game and make sense of it. the main motivation that I have is the sense that I get that people are starting to put doubt on me to make me a day 5 miskill and I REFUSE TO LET THAT HAPPEN. but I’m home now, eating, and then hopefully I’ll be able to get a grasp on wtf has happened today because even though I’ve skimmed everything I don’t think I have a solid progression of events

BusinessLamp

#2528 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:01 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:59 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Durga wrote:

What changed?
he posted “seems legit” after the roleblock claim.

celaph

#2529 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:04 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:57 am
What do you think is the most suspicious thing in this game, celaph?
Going back and forth between Maniac's tunnel on Bob and the way that Bob has defended himself. But I think both have redeeming qualities to their play. I'm increasingly bothered by Chaqa's passivity and his flip on Bona didn't feel well justified.

BusinessLamp

#2530 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:06 am

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:04 am
kgray wrote:
Going back and forth between Maniac's tunnel on Bob and the way that Bob has defended himself. But I think both have redeeming qualities to their play. I'm increasingly bothered by Chaqa's passivity and his flip on Bona didn't feel well justified.
that’s three things

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2531 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:09 am

I feel like I've been slacking off today, and I don't really like the wagons, so I'm gonna take stock of my thoughts. 90% of this is for me, so read at your own peril.

People I don't want to kill today because I townread them (this is ordered, TFB):
Lamp
Bob
Chaqa
bozo
Donny
Maniac
kgray
RHK
Boat

People I don't want to kill today because they're null reads and more likely to be valuable to town than scum:
Durga
Damo

Other people (scummier at the bottom):
gold
Vecna
Bona
Jamie
Rd
HR
Celaph

Honestly this is better than I thought it'd be. The scum pool is all pretty clustered, and Durga should probably be sitting next to gold there too, but I don't want to do that to either of them. The town pool is comfortably large. Some relevant thoughts on individuals:

RHK - Like gold, and I guess maybe also Bob in this game, he tends to say things that are just kinda icky and make us want to scumread him, so that needs to be considered. His vote for boat at EoD was also really bad, but I can't see him doing the stupid data thing as town, and his reaction to the roleblock nonsense was nice. I think killing him today is a mistake.

Bob - Again, probably harming his own case by being abrasive, but the guy is willing to talk a lot, and I think the explanation of his reaction to my roleblock claim is a little too intricate for him to have faked it. I've come around a lot to the townread.

Vecna - Fox wasn't playing great, so I get not townreading the slot, and Vecna seems likely to be useless, so I get not wanting to give him time, but how is this really anyone's best scumread at this point? It's a big fat load of nothing (with a beautiful, balding, burgundy head).

Damo - I feel like I usually have a stronger read. I disliked him early, and he remains kinda useless, but in a way that doesn't really strike me as scummy

Jamie, Rd - Dudes have sucked today, though I guess we all have. Jamie feels like he's coasting on being widely townread and rd feels like he's retreated after pressure to let us all attack each other instead.

HR - I've agreed with enough of his posts today that I'm slightly less inclined to kill him, not he's good enough (at this pointless game we play on the internet, don't let your ego get ahead of you) that I'm not gonna let that affect my read too much.

Boat - Has gotten a lot worse and nearly leapfrogged Damo in Durga in my list above. Needs to shape up.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2532 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:11 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:00 am
kgray wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:51 pm
##vote Demon

if anyone can point me to anything pro-town he did day one I’d love to hear it

There’s multiple posts that make no sense, where he weakly probes that things are “interesting” that aren’t scum indicators at all. And was also weakly pro-flum bandwagon but backed off. (which is a hypocritical point for me to make but yea).

don’t think we should keep him around
I really can't convince myself that scum would do that correlation thing, especially in the way he did it, where he was like "ooh I have a thought but I'm not telling you" because there's no way it draws anything but negative attention.
yeah full disclosure I couldn’t convince myself either way that anything would be scum-indicating or town-indicating. everything from day one just felt so illogical that I was fine placing my vote to remove that person from the game, and hey maybe they turn out to be scum. seems like his posts today might be better though. I’ve been having trouble motivating myself to focus on this game and make sense of it. the main motivation that I have is the sense that I get that people are starting to put doubt on me to make me a day 5 miskill and I REFUSE TO LET THAT HAPPEN. but I’m home now, eating, and then hopefully I’ll be able to get a grasp on wtf has happened today because even though I’ve skimmed everything I don’t think I have a solid progression of events
We're definitely in the day one hangover stage, where things aren't exciting and shitposty and new but we don't have a whole lot of info to work with yet.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2533 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:11 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:01 am
Durga wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:

What changed?
What do you think of his explanation of that comment?

celaph

#2534 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:12 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:06 am
celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:04 am
kgray wrote:
that’s three things
Three for the price of one. ;)

BusinessLamp

#2535 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:14 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:11 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:00 am
kgray wrote:

We're definitely in the day one hangover stage, where things aren't exciting and shitposty and new but we don't have a whole lot of info to work with yet.
yeah i think next night phase im just gonna say next to nothing, maybe do reads post at end like everyone else, but just take that time off. feels more useful

BusinessLamp

#2536 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:16 am

ghug wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Durga wrote:

What changed?
maybe i haven't read everything yet lol i haven't noted this. brb

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2537 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:21 am

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:26 am

More seriously, I had been a little self conscious about buddying ever since Bob commented on it early.
Why would you care about someone pointing out you buddying? I'm shamelessly buddying ghug, and have been doing so from the beginning.

P.S. - ghug plz love me

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2538 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:24 am

I like the part where damo disappeared after I quoted two dead townies wanting him looked into.

That was fuckin neat.

I'mma get some sleep. If someone could come up with a reason they think I deserve votes other than:

- Bad math (of which damo is guilty)
- poor participation (Of which nearly game the damn game is doing)
- being annoying (of which...ok I am annoying but killing me for that is some bb level shit)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2539 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:25 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:21 am
celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:26 am

More seriously, I had been a little self conscious about buddying ever since Bob commented on it early.
Why would you care about someone pointing out you buddying? I'm shamelessly buddying ghug, and have been doing so from the beginning.

P.S. - ghug plz love me
I do love you don't worry.

It was always my dream for you to be a mod again so that someone else could host the tournaments people complain about.

BusinessLamp

#2540 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:25 am

ghug wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Durga wrote:

What changed?
oh where he's saying it's a joke that you've been roleblocked multiple times in the past. huh. i guess that's plausible enough. i hadn't put 2 and 2 together that those comments were related. idk i've been all over the place.

because my issue with the comment and why it stuck out to me so much was that i was seeing it as just a confirmation of your post, when there was no reason to doubt your post. Like, the only reason to say "seems legit" in a serious manner would be if you knew that a counterclaim was going to be coming. when a townsmember would have no idea that a counterclaim would be coming, they would just accept that you were roleblocked as fact and not comment. but the explanation provided is like, reasonable enough. that would be a hard lie to craft on the spot, if the post was what i initially intended. i'll drop it