M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#4821 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:02 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:48 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:45 pm
We only have five flips left, not seven.
Five miskills+2 scum.

If scum is the last person, we lose, so I should probably move you up one just cause you'd be impossible to deal with if you pulled it off again.
Nah it's your turn to make the comeback win

Jamiet99uk

#4822 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:13 am

On N2 after Celaph had flipped, I said:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:38 pm
Predicted Scumteam:

Two of:
BobMcBob, Durga, Hellenic Riot

At least one of:
Vecna, Maniac

If only one of Vecna and Maniac is scum, then also:
Bonatogether.
After some back-and-forth with Hellenic Riot I then added Goldfinger to that list.

I was right about Durga and Vecna.

I've cooled off on Bob McBob.

So that leaves Hellenic Riot, Goldfinger, Bonatogether, Maniac as my pool.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4823 Post by ghug » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:17 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:02 am
ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:45 pm
We only have five flips left, not seven.
Five miskills+2 scum.

If scum is the last person, we lose, so I should probably move you up one just cause you'd be impossible to deal with if you pulled it off again.
I don't let my teammates die.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4824 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:42 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:17 am
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:02 am
ghug wrote:

Five miskills+2 scum.

I don't let my teammates die.
Unless they're on dates.

Jamiet99uk

#4825 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:43 am

Funny because true.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#4826 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:54 am

Hi Vecna

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4827 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:58 am

Maniac had an odd claim, but that really only matters if he wakes up. A look will need to be taken at the reactions to the claim if he does, vecna really tried to leverage it to his advantage. Not sure if it will amount to anything, but meh. I think the pool should be sufficiently small enough to hunt the last goon from here. A focus needs to be made on some of the early day one interactions i think. Can't see the links being more obvious than prior to being able to talk things over.

I think the last goon resides in bona, rdr, ghug, damo. Not seeing kgray sheeping me with a conserted defense attempt being mounted. Not seeing jamie as anything but locktown after the fox stiff. Overall, gold, kgray, and jamie are the towncore.

Like i had said before, my scumhunting is ass. I am usually good for one. Kgray and jamie get most of the credit for vecna. Even though i didn't read most of what vecna said yesterday at all, i kept the tunnel in hard. Little did i know i was on the right track lol. Ya gotta love dumb luck.

Gonna hope to see you all on the other side. Focus up, read carefully, look for clues.

keep calm, carry on, Respect the dead. i'll miss you guys.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4828 Post by Maniac » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:59 am

So if I wake up dead in a few minutes it’s because scum believe I’m the cop. They maybe have worked out I mentioned 8 people in my contractions post on day 2 and the said five of them were scum. HR and Goldfinger were also on the list and I called them scummy later on. This would only leave one person I mentioned that I haven’t called scum and that’s because I have an innocent on Bonatogether. All that took an awful lot of effort so I decide to be lazy after N2 and just be clear that I have an innocent on Ghug.

I’d obviously hoped to hit scum, but innocents aren’t too bad. Our luck then runs out and I scan Business Lamp as innocent just before his untimely demise. Oh well, shit happens I suppose.

If I don’t wake up dead it’s because scum don’t believe a word of that and will be looking to miskill me today. Don’t let that happen. If I’m already dead, who I scanned N4 is irrelevant, if I’m awake I going to hold on to that info for a while and see how everyone plays D5.

I haven’t really got strong vibes about anyone, sometimes having a powerful role affects scum hunting, sorry. If pushed I’d say Damo, goldie and HR are suspicious. Jamie and Kgray seem like town to me as does Donny. Anyway I’m out of time, don’t forget to look out for words/post and contraction avoidance. Good luck.

Oh nearly forgot to say. If I’m still alive and there happens to be a second cop in this game. STFU, no need for both of us to flash our warrant cards.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4829 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:00 am

NIGHT HAS ENDED. PLEASE HOLD

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4830 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:06 am

Chp 7

Evelyn sat up her cot, the sheets drenched with her sweat. It had been ten days since she had killed the prisoner and yet she still saw his face every time she closed her eyes. Both Mara and Kasia had told her that the feeling would go away eventually, but Evelyn was not so sure. The images were just so vivid in her mind. So, like most nights these days, she stood and left her room to walk for a while with the hopes of easing her mind.

It was the dead of night, and the underground hideout was a much different place. During the day there was constant commotion – status reports, sparring, eating, and even laughter. At night however, the place was silent except for the occasional rustling of some mice, or the faint snoring as she passed open doorways.

Tonight, though, she heard something abnormal – a faint voice talking. Evelyn followed the voice. The hideout underneath the church was large, but not so much as it was difficult to find the voice’s source. Evelyn stood just outside the door, cracked open so that a sliver of light shown into the hallway. Inside, she could hear the unmistakable tone of Mara speaking to someone.

“…am I really doing the right thing? You know that I’m trying my best, but sometimes I worry that I am not doing enough.”

Evelyn creeped forward, trying to glimpse who Mara was speaking with. As she stepped forward, the floorboard creaked loudly, and Mara stopped talking, her head tilting slightly.

“Come in Evelyn,” she said. “It’s all right.”

Evelyn opened the door and walked inside. “Sorry…I just heard you talking. What are you doing awake?”

“I imagine the same as you, child. Surely you do not think your mind is the only one that does not cooperate at night.”

“Well, no,” Evelyn admitted. She looked around the empty room. “Were you talking to yourself?”

“I suppose you could say that…” Mara glowed blue for a moment, and then across from her, an Echo appeared. It was a girl, maybe in her early teens. She looked vaguely familiar to Evelyn, but she could not place the face.

“This is Sara,” Mara said. “She is my sister. Sometimes at night, I tell her my problems. It turns out she is a very good listener.”

Evelyn realized that is why she thought she knew the girl. The resemblance to Mara was uncanny. “Echoes can’t understand us, can they? They can’t really speak to us?”

“No. They cannot. But they can often help us understand ourselves if we let them.”

Evelyn looked at Mara and saw her smiling. She did not know quite what to say, but her face must have relayed what she was thinking.

“It is ok, child. Yes – there is only one way to create an Echo. When Sara and I escaped the Lady of Power, she was not going to make it, so I did what I had to do. And I count that as an enormous blessing. Because of that, I can talk to her when I need to. I have made peace with these demons, and I know you will make peace with yours.”

Mara stood and placed her hand on Evelyn’s shoulders.

“Let us not dwell on this. But know that you are not alone in this. No off you go to get some rest. You will need to be strong in the coming days.”

------------------------------------------
DemonRHK has DIED. They were the COP

Day 5 has begun. You may now post.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4831 Post by kgray » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:07 am

oh shit

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4832 Post by kgray » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:07 am

damn, rip demon :cry:

Jamiet99uk

#4833 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:08 am

RIP, DemonRHK
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:58 am
I think the underlined capital R in this post tells us something.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4834 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:09 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Maniac had an odd claim, but that really only matters if he wakes up. A look will need to be taken at the reactions to the claim if he does, vecna really tried to leverage it to his advantage. Not sure if it will amount to anything, but meh. I think the pool should be sufficiently small enough to hunt the last goon from here. A focus needs to be made on some of the early day one interactions i think. Can't see the links being more obvious than prior to being able to talk things over.

I think the last goon resides in bona, rdr, ghug, damo. Not seeing kgray sheeping me with a conserted defense attempt being mounted. Not seeing jamie as anything but locktown after the fox stiff. Overall, gold, kgray, and jamie are the towncore.

Like i had said before, my scumhunting is ass. I am usually good for one. Kgray and jamie get most of the credit for vecna. Even though i didn't read most of what vecna said yesterday at all, i kept the tunnel in hard. Little did i know i was on the right track lol. Ya gotta love dumb luck.

Gonna hope to see you all on the other side. Focus up, read carefully, look for clues.

DemonRHK underlined the R in his last sentence. That probably has some significance?

Donny Dude

#4835 Post by Donny Dude » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:09 am

rip demon

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4836 Post by Maniac » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:10 am

RIP demon, guess my obvious fake claim was obvious.

Donny Dude

#4837 Post by Donny Dude » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:10 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:09 am
DemonRHK wrote:

DemonRHK underlined the R in his last sentence. That probably has some significance?
related to rdr?

Jamiet99uk

#4838 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:11 am

DemonRHK used the same or similar "keep calm, respect the dead" line at the end of more than one EoN post, but with slight differences.

Jamiet99uk

#4839 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:14 am

At EoN2:
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:59 am
i hope to see y'all on the back side of the flip. if not, keep calm, respect the dead, and carry on.
At EoN3:
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:59 am
good luck friends, keep the hunting up, and respect the sead.
And just now at EoN4:
DemonRHK wrote:
But also there was this post during D2:
DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:59 am
damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:45 am
I get to eat my cake and keep it.
Can you do me a solid and slip your last teammate?

I wish I could take credit for gamesolving but Jamie has put in work.
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:25 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:24 am
I townread more people on the donny wagon, but the flum convo will not go away till one of flum or jamie is dead. Ghug is a meh 3rd wagon.

Anyone0 feeling a flash ##vote damo wagon?
I don't want to flash someone who said he won't be here for EOD but hmu tomorrow
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:56 am

Damo and Chaqa should start getting more pressure soon as they’re all playing extraordinarily lazy so far. HR is usually more obnoxious in his pushes as town so I’m a little confused that I didn’t actively hate him while he was pushing me this time. That unironically makes me think he might be scum. Especially now that he's link RDR to me, with an excuse to townread him after I flip.

RESPECT. THE. DEAD.
Who here is good at riddles?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4840 Post by kgray » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:16 am

@boatman, here's more puzzle hunt for you. figure out demon's thing pls