M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1941 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:01 pm

In the meantime, the fact that goldie's reaction to being called out that his large case was based on a total misreading of the factual situation was to call a mea culpa but not to revisit said case in any way whatsoever is something I intensely dislike.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1942 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:01 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:24 pm

Bozo's first 24 hours were just him defending his confusing list. A lot of talking which on the surface might look good but he didn't do anything with it.

What is weird about HR participating at the EOD? I've always seen him do that as town. I also don't think that his townread on Bob was inorganic... Bob and Donny both reacted to their wagons in ways that didn't seem scum motivated because they weren't worried about dying, and HR noted that. Finding townies during EOD is such a towny thing to do.
He usually takes more of a backseat on day one specifically. It's plausible he's just excited to play again, but he seemed primed to do his normal thing and then suddenly got very active late in the day, most of which time was spent dissuading counterwagons. I also don't really get why he scumread Flum, and when he voted, he just said that he liked all the wagons even as he was basically making it a two-way race between Flum and Donny.

I agree that Donny reacted townily. I don't really think Bob did, and it felt more like he was forcing a townread on Bob to justify protecting him than an organic evolution of a read.
Nah I've definitely seen him active late in D1 after not doing much earlier. Someone said something like that in this game even, about how he'd be around 2 hours before EOD or something. Demon maybe?

Like I said, if Rivera is scum, I'm way more sus of HR. But I felt at the time like we were working on solving together, and even though he was annoyingly resistant to voting Rivera, his thought process seemed towny enough.

Also I don't really see him protecting his scumbuddy Bob and then them getting into the argument they had at the start of N1.
I don't think Bob even necessarily has to be his scumbuddy. He has an established scum meta of defending the shit out of weak townies to keep them distracting town and create confusing connections. Rivera is very plausible, as is Donny, given the timing of the Flum vote, though I lean town on Donny for other reasons.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1943 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:02 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:42 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:30 pm
I see a lot of people have kgray in towncore and I'm not feeling it. She just hasn't really clicked with me as town yet. Not feeling super positive on her. Not exactly negative, but I'm unwilling to write her off yet, especially for someone noted as being pretty good as scum.
Flum’s dying words were she is not this good as scum. I need more takes LOL
She has a very strong scum reputation that Flum thinks isn't entirely deserved because he's had success at reading her in the past.
Flum has only been wrong on me once, when he scumread me when I was a town PR. I am pretty good at scum, and I'll happily and smugly take a moment to brag that I've never been DK'd as scum or lost a game as scum. But I'm not unreadable, and Flum was never fooled.

bozotheclown

#1944 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:02 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:01 am

At least I agree with you on TFB
Now I hope this killer headache I have dissapates
I am not a fan of the way Durga hopped onto me so suddenly so why did you vote for me Durga?
##vote Durga
Donny singling out Durga's vote and voting for her when she had no votes and ignoring ghug's even less explained vote when ghug had 2 votes could also be explained by Donny and ghug being mafia.
Bozo, do you ever not scumread me?
Are you ever not scum?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1945 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:05 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:38 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:35 pm

Bob and Donny are 2 of my top scum suspects.
Why?
Bob was overconfident about Fluminator being town, and ghug's switch from Bob to Fluminator only makes sense if he was protecting Bob. ghug's vote for rdrivera also did not make sense unless he was trying to pull your vote off of Donny.
So they're scum dependent on your scumread of ghug? Where have you even made a case for scum!ghug?

Donny's reaction to being a wagon was majorly towny, and I stated I wanted to move off of him well before ghug voted Rivera.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1946 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:41 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:37 pm

Yeah. tbh ghug saying my case was very compelling when I asked why he scumread you but not commenting on it before really took the energy out of this read.

Though it's a little weird that you brushed aside bob's wagon because he was sleeping and made no other references to him whatsoever throughout all of D1... Even when he was a bigger wagon near the end... But maybe now I'm really just tunneling.
You're really changing your read on rdr because I liked your case?
I mean you only mentioned my case when I asked why you scumread him. Seemed like you needed to find a reason, and one that buddies me is even better, right? You've just found a bunch of reasons for scumreading HR, I don't know why Rivera is so hard for you to explain.
I get being unimpressed with my justification. What I don't get is why that's enough to change your read. You don't seem overly convinced I'm scum, and even if I were, I could easily be bussing him.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1947 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:07 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:

Yeah. tbh ghug saying my case was very compelling when I asked why he scumread you but not commenting on it before really took the energy out of this read.

Though it's a little weird that you brushed aside bob's wagon because he was sleeping and made no other references to him whatsoever throughout all of D1... Even when he was a bigger wagon near the end... But maybe now I'm really just tunneling.
You liking kgray's case on rdrivera is the most suspicious thing I have seen so far in this game.
Why's that?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1948 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:07 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:52 pm
fyi the next two council invites would’ve gone to kgray, and in a shocking turn of events, Chaqa.

Chaqa’s play was very consistent yesterday and I feel like things like speculating the Durga/Flum scum team, vocalizing against the Donny wagon, and being firm in this “anti-random wagon” stance for rdr and Bob don’t happen as scum.
I actually think everything you've said about Chaqa is something he does as scum, especially if Durga is actually his scumbuddy.

But yay, thank you! Also, I am respecting our dearly departed Flum and accepting you as town for the foreseeable future.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1949 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:08 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:57 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:11 pm

I don't think bozo's been especially useless, though if the next 24 hours resembles the last 24 hours more than the previous 24, I'll give it to you.

HR participated heavily EoD1, which is already weird for him, and the way he was townreading Bob struck me as very inorganic.
My participation will be predicated on whether I'm working a morning shift the morning after an EoD or not. Given I expect to miss a few EoD's due to this, it makes sense to actually turn up to the ones I can be around for. If you think me being more active is scummy, would you care to explain why my usual early game inactivity is roughly equal as both alignments? I know full well this is the case, because it's always been a conscious decision on whether to be active or not :razz: .
I think there's a plausible scenario where you'd decided to hold back and then reconsidered because you didn't like how the day was going.
What would he have not liked? Town!Flum as a wagon? Donny as a wagon? TFB as a wagon? Don't you townread both of them?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1950 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:01 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 pm
##VOTE Donny

Flum and TFB wagons suck.
At least I agree with you on TFB
Now I hope this killer headache I have dissapates
I am not a fan of the way Durga hopped onto me so suddenly so why did you vote for me Durga?
##vote Durga
Donny singling out Durga's vote and voting for her when she had no votes and ignoring ghug's even less explained vote when ghug had 2 votes could also be explained by Donny and ghug being mafia.
Then why didn't he ask me about my vote? I had no votes and didn't really explain my Donny vote. Am I mafia with them too?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1951 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:10 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:

You liking kgray's case on rdrivera is the most suspicious thing I have seen so far in this game.
You didn't explain why you hate my case so much.

BusinessLamp

#1952 Post by BusinessLamp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:11 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:07 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:52 pm
fyi the next two council invites would’ve gone to kgray, and in a shocking turn of events, Chaqa.

Chaqa’s play was very consistent yesterday and I feel like things like speculating the Durga/Flum scum team, vocalizing against the Donny wagon, and being firm in this “anti-random wagon” stance for rdr and Bob don’t happen as scum.
I actually think everything you've said about Chaqa is something he does as scum, especially if Durga is actually his scumbuddy.

But yay, thank you! Also, I am respecting our dearly departed Flum and accepting you as town for the foreseeable future.
valid re:chaqa. and yea same. with you i agree with a lot of your points and questioning but im also just a little scared LOL but will be putting full faith for next 2 rounds at least

bozotheclown

#1953 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:07 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
ghug wrote:

Why's that?
I find it hard to believe rdrivera is one of your top scum suspects at this point.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1954 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 pm
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:

I mean you only mentioned my case when I asked why you scumread him. Seemed like you needed to find a reason, and one that buddies me is even better, right? You've just found a bunch of reasons for scumreading HR, I don't know why Rivera is so hard for you to explain.
I get being unimpressed with my justification. What I don't get is why that's enough to change your read. You don't seem overly convinced I'm scum, and even if I were, I could easily be bussing him.
It's not changed, I still find him scummy, I've just cooled off some. Part of that was when I realized the bozo thing wasn't that strong. And I think there's still something suspicious with Fox, but his response was actually pretty good. Except the part where he's omgus'ing me.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1955 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about kgray, she only wins as scum when I'm on her team :razz:

What are people's thoughts on Maniac? Long gone are the days where he posted a lot, but I feel like he's lurking more than he normally would.

bozotheclown

#1956 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:02 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

Bozo, do you ever not scumread me?
Are you ever not scum?
I looked at past games, and the last game where we were both town was M69, and I never scum read you that game. Before that, I had to go back to M62 to find the next most recent game where we were both town, and I never scum read you in that game either. So, your suggestion that I always scum read you is either biased by the last 2 games where I scum read you when you were scum, or just an attempt to discredit me.

DeathLlama8

#1957 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 pm
What are people's thoughts on Maniac? Long gone are the days where he posted a lot, but I feel like he's lurking more than he normally would.
Haven't really found anything alignment indicative in what he's done tbh, he just seems busy

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1958 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:25 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 pm
I wouldn't worry too much about kgray, she only wins as scum when I'm on her team :razz:

This is absolutely false, but I can still only think of one example :lol:

I remember him being more active when he was scum. Not a great reason for a townread, but it's something maybe.

bozotheclown

#1959 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:05 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:38 pm

Why?
Bob was overconfident about Fluminator being town, and ghug's switch from Bob to Fluminator only makes sense if he was protecting Bob. ghug's vote for rdrivera also did not make sense unless he was trying to pull your vote off of Donny.
So they're scum dependent on your scumread of ghug? Where have you even made a case for scum!ghug?

Donny's reaction to being a wagon was majorly towny, and I stated I wanted to move off of him well before ghug voted Rivera.
Not completely, Bob's overconfidence about Fluminator being town had nothing to do with ghug, and Donny's vote for Durga does not look that good even if ghug is town, or his leaving his vote there the rest of the day.

DeathLlama8

#1960 Post by DeathLlama8 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:27 pm

I feel like the natural reaction to the town council idea is to dunk on it for free town points so damo agreeing with it off-council looks better