M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BobMcBob

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3861 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:07 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:54 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:47 am
Honestly I'm impressed Jamie is thick enough to still think I'm scum. And Maniac for that matter.
Things you may go and fuck:

1. Yourself.
Or you can do a Fluminator 2.0 on Maniac and act surprised when it turns out that just because you disagree with his play doesn't mean he's scum. Whatever floats your boat. Thank you for your kind words.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3862 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:44 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:40 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:38 am

I would currently regard Gold Finger as a null.
I would be willing to reconsider this if you can suggest why he is a better scum-suspect than Vecna and HR.
You listed five candidates for three slots. Surely that includes your null reads.
No. It is my five top suspects. I think it is the best pool in which to kill.
Then why do you only care if he's a better suspect than the two of them (and not even the first two)? Why cut the list arbitrarily at five? Why is he more townie than Bob or Maniac?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3863 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:12 am

Mafia please shoot me, I’m the Cop

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3864 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 am

Mafia please shoot Chaqa, I'm the cop.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3865 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 am

Wow weird crosspost what are the odds

Jamiet99uk

#3866 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:14 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:04 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
@Kgray this is for you:

On D1, Durga and Celaph voted as a unit, on Bob. However Flum was well ahead at the end so they could afford to bus Bob if he's their team-mate. Mildly risky but if their team-mates were around, and were on minority wagons (Vecna was on Ghug, Bona was on TFB), maybe they felt the risk worth it.

On D2 once again Durga and Celaph voted as a unit for TheFlyingBoat who was the counter-wagon to Celaph at the end. There was a serious D2 Bob wagon which was only overtaken by scum Celaph's wagon with two minutes to go. So it's possible they wanted to save Bob by voting TFB and then couldn't do anything as Celaph's wagon pulled ahead.
Did you even look at the bot for this? Durga voted for bob when there were 16 minutes left: Flum was on 5, Rivera was on 3 and her vote put bob at 3. Celaph voted 2 minutes later making it 6-4 flum-Bob.

There is no reason whatsoever to think Flum was so far ahead they'd be safe voting their teammate there. There was plenty of time left and they were literally making bob the viable counterwagon.

If anything it's a response to Rivera becoming the potential Flum counterwagon.
Yes I did.

What is your own experience of bussing?

I have plenty. I like doing it, except sometimes I don't.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#3867 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:17 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:40 am

You listed five candidates for three slots. Surely that includes your null reads.
Then why do you only care if he's a better suspect than the two of them (and not even the first two)? Why cut the list arbitrarily at five? Why is he more townie than Bob or Maniac?
Because I'm mostly thinking about tomorrow's wagons. People I have some patience for were most open to HR and Vecna wagons and I wanted your views.

Is Goldfinger your top scumread?

Why don't you want to talk about HR?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3868 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:21 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:14 am
kgray wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
@Kgray this is for you:

On D1, Durga and Celaph voted as a unit, on Bob. However Flum was well ahead at the end so they could afford to bus Bob if he's their team-mate. Mildly risky but if their team-mates were around, and were on minority wagons (Vecna was on Ghug, Bona was on TFB), maybe they felt the risk worth it.

On D2 once again Durga and Celaph voted as a unit for TheFlyingBoat who was the counter-wagon to Celaph at the end. There was a serious D2 Bob wagon which was only overtaken by scum Celaph's wagon with two minutes to go. So it's possible they wanted to save Bob by voting TFB and then couldn't do anything as Celaph's wagon pulled ahead.
Did you even look at the bot for this? Durga voted for bob when there were 16 minutes left: Flum was on 5, Rivera was on 3 and her vote put bob at 3. Celaph voted 2 minutes later making it 6-4 flum-Bob.

There is no reason whatsoever to think Flum was so far ahead they'd be safe voting their teammate there. There was plenty of time left and they were literally making bob the viable counterwagon.

Yes I did.

Whether or not they were bussing is hardly even my point Jamie. Your claim is that they could've bussed Bob because "Flum was well ahead at the end so they could afford to bus Bob if he's their team-mate" which is just absolutely ridiculous. It's clearly not possible that that's what they were thinking. You are making things up and ignoring reason, again.

And I bus when it can give lots of towncread or when I can't get out of a vote I've set up as distancing or something. Neither Durga nor celaph were trapped in a bob vote of any kind and they are not the kind of scum players to bus their teammate D1 for credit anyway.

Jamiet99uk

#3869 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:22 am

I was the vote that put Celaph in the lead.
I had Durga high on my list of scum N2.

Yet still I get all these put-downs implying I am stupid.

Maybe you just don't like it, but I'm not bad at this game.

Jamiet99uk

#3870 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:24 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:21 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
kgray wrote:

Yes I did.

Whether or not they were bussing is hardly even my point Jamie. Your claim is that they could've bussed Bob because "Flum was well ahead at the end so they could afford to bus Bob if he's their team-mate" which is just absolutely ridiculous. It's clearly not possible that that's what they were thinking. You are making things up and ignoring reason, again.

And I bus when it can give lots of towncread or when I can't get out of a vote I've set up as distancing or something. Neither Durga nor celaph were trapped in a bob vote of any kind and they are not the kind of scum players to bus their teammate D1 for credit anyway.
"Clearly not possible" how, Sherlock?
Explain the thought processes of the dead scum for me would you please?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3871 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:24 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:17 am
ghug wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Because I'm mostly thinking about tomorrow's wagons. People I have some patience for were most open to HR and Vecna wagons and I wanted your views.

HR is my top scumread. Are you reading the game? Why are you asking me questions you can easily answer yourself rather than answering mine? Why cut the list arbitrarily at five? Why is [gold] more townie than Bob or Maniac?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3872 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:26 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:24 am
kgray wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Yes I did.

They can't think "Flum is well ahead, so I can afford to bus Bob" if Flum is not in fact well ahead.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3873 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:26 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:26 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
kgray wrote:

They can't think "Flum is well ahead, so I can afford to bus Bob" if Flum is not in fact well ahead.
inb4 "Thanks kgray" instead of any meaningful response to anything

Jamiet99uk

#3874 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:27 am

ghug wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ghug wrote:

HR is my top scumread. Are you reading the game? Why are you asking me questions you can easily answer yourself rather than answering mine? Why cut the list arbitrarily at five? Why is [gold] more townie than Bob or Maniac?
I am answering your questions. Please let's not go there again.

I have Gold as a null. I'll be happy to re-read him. Why is Goldfinger your next highest scumread?

Jamiet99uk

#3875 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:28 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:26 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
kgray wrote:

There was a two-vote margin, in both cases.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3876 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:30 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:27 am
ghug wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I am answering your questions. Please let's not go there again.

I have Gold as a null. I'll be happy to re-read him. Why is Goldfinger your next highest scumread?
His voting surrounding the celaph wagon was poor, his fight with HR day 3 felt very fake on both sides, and he's done little else to make himself seem useful.

Why do you scumread Bob?

Jamiet99uk

#3877 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:32 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:30 am

Why do you scumread Bob?
He's largely a suspect becuase he might have been saved, so it's more about what other people did, than what he did.

I'm ok leaving Bob alive tomorrow while we flip Vecna or Hellenic Robot

Jamiet99uk

#3878 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:32 am

*Hellenic Riot

Sorry autocorrect

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3879 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:33 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
kgray wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Yes I did.

Flum was clearly not so far ahead that any scumpair could put a third teammate as a viable wagon with 10+ minutes to go thinking Flum was a done deal!! You can't argue with that, that's basic common sense.

They could only have done it wanting to get credit in case bob flipped first and I don't believe they do that.

I'm not saying you're bad at the game so check you ego. I'm asking you to think critically about these claims you're making.

BusinessLamp

#3880 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:36 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:22 am
I was the vote that put Celaph in the lead.
I had Durga high on my list of scum N2.

Yet still I get all these put-downs implying I am stupid.

Maybe you just don't like it, but I'm not bad at this game.
jamie is town