M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1921 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:35 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:24 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:11 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:59 pm

Why would we kill HR when we've got bozo being useless? Town!bozo isn't useless.
I don't think bozo's been especially useless, though if the next 24 hours resembles the last 24 hours more than the previous 24, I'll give it to you.

HR participated heavily EoD1, which is already weird for him, and the way he was townreading Bob struck me as very inorganic.
Bozo's first 24 hours were just him defending his confusing list. A lot of talking which on the surface might look good but he didn't do anything with it.

What is weird about HR participating at the EOD? I've always seen him do that as town. I also don't think that his townread on Bob was inorganic... Bob and Donny both reacted to their wagons in ways that didn't seem scum motivated because they weren't worried about dying, and HR noted that. Finding townies during EOD is such a towny thing to do.
Bob and Donny are 2 of my top scum suspects.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1922 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:37 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:32 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:30 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:10 pm

For me it´s look like you are convinced I am scum and are making arguments to justify this read instead of analosing what is happening and making conclusions. I just don´t know if this is plain scum trying to get a misskill or town tunneling.

I think Fox was scum but I always think Fox is scum, it´s not hedging, go look last game when even Fox said this. It´s something on his playstile that ping me the wrong way. Do you think killing Vecna without giving even a chance for him to post would have happened yesterday? That´s why I dismissed Fox wagon.

Also, I didn´t think Flum was scummier then Fox, I was completelly undecided about Flum and that´s why I changed my mind more then once. Being undecided isn´t a scum tell, scum know the answers and the best play to make. This is where I think you should know better and the reason I think you are more likely scum then a misguided town.
Yeah I get being uncertain on Flum, I was uncertain for sure. I just don't get how you find someone's reaction to pressure weird and scummy and yet question their wagon rather than join it.
Because I can´t find a scum motivation for Flum to make such a easily dispovable claim. But the reaction was weird and scummy so I keep changing my mind about him being scum or not.
Later I joined for the same reason of Bozo, it became obvious we will need to deal with him sooner or later and better to be on D1 then later.
Yeah. tbh ghug saying my case was very compelling when I asked why he scumread you but not commenting on it before really took the energy out of this read.

Though it's a little weird that you brushed aside bob's wagon because he was sleeping and made no other references to him whatsoever throughout all of D1... Even when he was a bigger wagon near the end... But maybe now I'm really just tunneling.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1923 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:38 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:35 pm
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:

I don't think bozo's been especially useless, though if the next 24 hours resembles the last 24 hours more than the previous 24, I'll give it to you.

HR participated heavily EoD1, which is already weird for him, and the way he was townreading Bob struck me as very inorganic.
Bozo's first 24 hours were just him defending his confusing list. A lot of talking which on the surface might look good but he didn't do anything with it.

What is weird about HR participating at the EOD? I've always seen him do that as town. I also don't think that his townread on Bob was inorganic... Bob and Donny both reacted to their wagons in ways that didn't seem scum motivated because they weren't worried about dying, and HR noted that. Finding townies during EOD is such a towny thing to do.
Why?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1924 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:39 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:38 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
kgray wrote:

Why?
Cause he's looking for easy kills

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1925 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm

kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:

Why would we kill HR when we've got bozo being useless? Town!bozo isn't useless.

He usually takes more of a backseat on day one specifically. It's plausible he's just excited to play again, but he seemed primed to do his normal thing and then suddenly got very active late in the day, most of which time was spent dissuading counterwagons. I also don't really get why he scumread Flum, and when he voted, he just said that he liked all the wagons even as he was basically making it a two-way race between Flum and Donny.

I agree that Donny reacted townily. I don't really think Bob did, and it felt more like he was forcing a townread on Bob to justify protecting him than an organic evolution of a read.

BusinessLamp

#1926 Post by BusinessLamp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:30 pm
I see a lot of people have kgray in towncore and I'm not feeling it. She just hasn't really clicked with me as town yet. Not feeling super positive on her. Not exactly negative, but I'm unwilling to write her off yet, especially for someone noted as being pretty good as scum.
Flum’s dying words were she is not this good as scum. I need more takes LOL

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1927 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:41 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:37 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:30 pm

Yeah I get being uncertain on Flum, I was uncertain for sure. I just don't get how you find someone's reaction to pressure weird and scummy and yet question their wagon rather than join it.
Because I can´t find a scum motivation for Flum to make such a easily dispovable claim. But the reaction was weird and scummy so I keep changing my mind about him being scum or not.
Later I joined for the same reason of Bozo, it became obvious we will need to deal with him sooner or later and better to be on D1 then later.
Yeah. tbh ghug saying my case was very compelling when I asked why he scumread you but not commenting on it before really took the energy out of this read.

Though it's a little weird that you brushed aside bob's wagon because he was sleeping and made no other references to him whatsoever throughout all of D1... Even when he was a bigger wagon near the end... But maybe now I'm really just tunneling.
You're really changing your read on rdr because I liked your case?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1928 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:42 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:30 pm
I see a lot of people have kgray in towncore and I'm not feeling it. She just hasn't really clicked with me as town yet. Not feeling super positive on her. Not exactly negative, but I'm unwilling to write her off yet, especially for someone noted as being pretty good as scum.
Flum’s dying words were she is not this good as scum. I need more takes LOL
She has a very strong scum reputation that Flum thinks isn't entirely deserved because he's had success at reading her in the past.

BusinessLamp

#1929 Post by BusinessLamp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:45 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:03 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:01 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:00 pm

No, I just straight scumread you. My big long post was a rolling commentary, and I'm aware I townread you towards the beginning of it.
You declared him to be scum in one sentence, and then town in the very next sentence, right after that.
Oh, I mixed up who was the leading alternative wagon at the end. I thought TFB was the counter-wagon, and rdrivera after it. I see the source of confusion now.
How does the new knowledge of Bob being the main counter wagon change your analysis

bozotheclown

#1930 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:48 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:38 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
kgray wrote:

Why?
Bob was overconfident about Fluminator being town, and ghug's switch from Bob to Fluminator only makes sense if he was protecting Bob. ghug's vote for rdrivera also did not make sense unless he was trying to pull your vote off of Donny.

BusinessLamp

#1931 Post by BusinessLamp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:52 pm

fyi the next two council invites would’ve gone to kgray, and in a shocking turn of events, Chaqa.

Chaqa’s play was very consistent yesterday and I feel like things like speculating the Durga/Flum scum team, vocalizing against the Donny wagon, and being firm in this “anti-random wagon” stance for rdr and Bob don’t happen as scum.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1932 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:55 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:52 pm
fyi the next two council invites would’ve gone to kgray, and in a shocking turn of events, Chaqa.

Chaqa’s play was very consistent yesterday and I feel like things like speculating the Durga/Flum scum team, vocalizing against the Donny wagon, and being firm in this “anti-random wagon” stance for rdr and Bob don’t happen as scum.
Omg I thought I pocketed you where's my invite?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1933 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:56 pm

ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:40 pm
Who wants to kill HR tomorrow?

My participation will be predicated on whether I'm working a morning shift the morning after an EoD or not. Given I expect to miss a few EoD's due to this, it makes sense to actually turn up to the ones I can be around for. If you think me being more active is scummy, would you care to explain why my usual early game inactivity is roughly equal as both alignments? I know full well this is the case, because it's always been a conscious decision on whether to be active or not :razz: .

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1934 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:57 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:56 pm
ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:

My participation will be predicated on whether I'm working a morning shift the morning after an EoD or not. Given I expect to miss a few EoD's due to this, it makes sense to actually turn up to the ones I can be around for. If you think me being more active is scummy, would you care to explain why my usual early game inactivity is roughly equal as both alignments? I know full well this is the case, because it's always been a conscious decision on whether to be active or not :razz: .
I think there's a plausible scenario where you'd decided to hold back and then reconsidered because you didn't like how the day was going.

bozotheclown

#1935 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 pm

Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:01 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 pm
##VOTE Donny

Flum and TFB wagons suck.
At least I agree with you on TFB
Now I hope this killer headache I have dissapates
I am not a fan of the way Durga hopped onto me so suddenly so why did you vote for me Durga?
##vote Durga
Donny singling out Durga's vote and voting for her when she had no votes and ignoring ghug's even less explained vote when ghug had 2 votes could also be explained by Donny and ghug being mafia.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1936 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:

He usually takes more of a backseat on day one specifically. It's plausible he's just excited to play again, but he seemed primed to do his normal thing and then suddenly got very active late in the day, most of which time was spent dissuading counterwagons. I also don't really get why he scumread Flum, and when he voted, he just said that he liked all the wagons even as he was basically making it a two-way race between Flum and Donny.

I agree that Donny reacted townily. I don't really think Bob did, and it felt more like he was forcing a townread on Bob to justify protecting him than an organic evolution of a read.
Nah I've definitely seen him active late in D1 after not doing much earlier. Someone said something like that in this game even, about how he'd be around 2 hours before EOD or something. Demon maybe?

Like I said, if Rivera is scum, I'm way more sus of HR. But I felt at the time like we were working on solving together, and even though he was annoyingly resistant to voting Rivera, his thought process seemed towny enough.

Also I don't really see him protecting his scumbuddy Bob and then them getting into the argument they had at the start of N1.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1937 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 pm

As for Flum, I wasn't especially enamoured with the vote when I voted him but I thought he'd reacted awkwardly under pressure and wanted to see if that would continue. The fact he then disappeared entirely rather than react didn't change my view there, and I view his 'long essay' a few minutes prior to the end with as much value as a set of lead cutlery; because it contained maybe one original thought regarding Durga and was otherwise exceedingly snorey. It read as a Hail Mary attempt to swing people he thought would be likely to want to keep him alive off of his wagon, and I did not find it to be an acceptable substitute for the fact he'd done the sum total of fuck all for hours before the end of the day whilst being a major wagon.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1938 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 pm
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:01 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 pm
##VOTE Donny

Flum and TFB wagons suck.
At least I agree with you on TFB
Now I hope this killer headache I have dissapates
I am not a fan of the way Durga hopped onto me so suddenly so why did you vote for me Durga?
##vote Durga
Donny singling out Durga's vote and voting for her when she had no votes and ignoring ghug's even less explained vote when ghug had 2 votes could also be explained by Donny and ghug being mafia.
Bozo, do you ever not scumread me?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1939 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:41 pm
kgray wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I mean you only mentioned my case when I asked why you scumread him. Seemed like you needed to find a reason, and one that buddies me is even better, right? You've just found a bunch of reasons for scumreading HR, I don't know why Rivera is so hard for you to explain.

bozotheclown

#1940 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:41 pm
kgray wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

You liking kgray's case on rdrivera is the most suspicious thing I have seen so far in this game.