M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3361 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:43 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:20 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:47 pm

i'm not saying killing celaph was bad, but killing boat man was the better move
HOW CAN YOU KNOW THIS?
I don't know/i], but under my current understanding of the game state, it is true. See earlier in this comment chain

"I don't know this, but it is true" is some exceptional double-think.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3362 Post by kgray » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:54 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:51 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:46 pm
In summary, Bob, BusinessLamp, RHK, Donny, Durga, Jamie, Maniac, and rdrivera look less likely to be mafia based on their D1 interactions with celaph.
From D2 I would add TFB, and since I am town, that leaves Bonatogether, Chaqa, damo, Vecna, ghug, goldfinger, HR, and kgray.

Chaqa, Vecna, and ghug all ended D2 voting for celaph, and I think they are all potential bussers.

damo and goldfinger were not online at EOD and ended on Bob. Maniac was also not online at EOD and ended on Bob, so I would add him to this category because celaph's interaction with Maniac was only marginal in pocketing potential.

HR and kgray are potential early celaph bussers who ending up almost preventing celaph's DK.

Bonatogether gets a category to himself. He aggressively tried to get TFB DKed (and therefore prevent celaph's DK).
I’m not sure it makes sense for any of the celaph voters to be bussers besides maybe TFB and Vecna. It took every single person on the wagon to make it happen, so it seems like a lower-likelihood bussing situation. If any of us hadn’t wound up there, TFB would have died.

If TFB is also scum, then a lot of things change, though.
This is almost the exact same argument you made as scum in the priest game though so at the very least you should know that scum bus for exactly this reason.

bozotheclown

#3363 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:55 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:31 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:46 pm
In summary, Bob, BusinessLamp, RHK, Donny, Durga, Jamie, Maniac, and rdrivera look less likely to be mafia based on their D1 interactions with celaph.
From D2 I would add TFB, and since I am town, that leaves Bonatogether, Chaqa, damo, Vecna, ghug, goldfinger, HR, and kgray.

Chaqa, Vecna, and ghug all ended D2 voting for celaph, and I think they are all potential bussers.

damo and goldfinger were not online at EOD and ended on Bob. Maniac was also not online at EOD and ended on Bob, so I would add him to this category because celaph's interaction with Maniac was only marginal in pocketing potential.

HR and kgray are potential early celaph bussers who ending up almost preventing celaph's DK.

Bonatogether gets a category to himself. He aggressively tried to get TFB DKed (and therefore prevent celaph's DK).
I feel like I should be bona's category. I told both you and HR to vote for boatman near EOD.
OK, you probably qualify for both categories.

Bonatogether

#3364 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:52 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:20 pm

HOW CAN YOU KNOW THIS?
I don't know/i], but under my current understanding of the game state, it is true. See earlier in this comment chain

I don't see how it can't be, but obviously I can be wrong.

Jamiet99uk

#3365 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:58 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:56 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:52 pm
Bonatogether wrote:

I don't see how it can't be, but obviously I can be wrong.

I will say, I don't think you're BOTH scum.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#3366 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:59 pm

Why are all my responses to Bona appearing in italics?

Bonatogether

#3367 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:28 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:59 pm

idk man

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3368 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
That’s pretty weird

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3369 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:53 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:45 pm
Durga wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:03 pm
I need to reread but that's not happening today. My initial thought is idk why hr does that as scum but I could be wrong. As for Bob, I was coming around on him and like I also got it wrong. Honestly maybe celaph was hella bussed. I'll take a look tomorrow but today I'm getting day drunk probably
Yo this sounds like a plan. Shine and Sake Saturday for all!

If I picked the town out of the Bob/Durga/HR trio I would say it's Durga. HR has given me off vibes like that alien/scum multi game and Bob has jus tbeen too conveniently in the wrong place for my taste. Like a bystander in electrical.

Still sus on damo. Vecna a little less. rdr pretty clear now. I think there is a deep cover still unless the scumteam is completely imploding.
You mean the game where I made a wild hostile cross-death tunnel with kgray and completely took over the game thread with it? That's a wild game to reference here.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:50 pm
@Durga: If you are town, are Hellenic Riot and Bob both scum, or just one of them, and if so, which?

@Bob: If you are town, are Hellenic Riot and Durga both scum, or just one of them, and if so, which?

@Hellenic Riot: If you are town, are Durga and Bob both scum, or just one of them, and if so, which?

@Vecna: You have praised Maniac's beautiful areolas, but you also said he should be Copscanned. Any update on your opinions regarding Maniac?

@Maniac: You said yesterday that you found Vecna suspicious. Is that still your view?

@Bonatogether: Do you prefer spaghetti hoops, or smiley potato faces?
Bob is patent town and has been since d1. D2 has done nothing but strengthen that. I'd have voted for literally anyone to ensure Bob didn't die there. And indeed in retrospect the fact that the Bob wagon kept getting returned to before hitting a plateau again makes me suspect that there was already at least one, if not two scum on it, and that that was why the scum were not able to ever consolidate it past 4-5 people.

I'm unsure on Durga. As I've been working all day I've not yet had a chance to look back over yesterday, but my initial thoughts were that of the attempted flashwagons at EoD; the one on you stank particularly of shit. I don't think Bob is scum, but I'd be very surprised if nobody on it is scum... Which would be one of ghug & Durga.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3370 Post by kgray » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:04 pm

How can you be that confident on Bob? Is it just the wagon questioning he did at EoD1?

TheFlyingBoat

#3371 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
It's because you quoted a post with an italics tag that wasn't closed properly. Therefore everything becomes italicized after the the start of the tag.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3372 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:43 pm

Something I was thinking about just now -

At least for the next two day phases or so, I think we should try to focus wagons on those who didn’t vote celaph. We can worry about bussers a bit later, but I have a good feeling that if we focus on those who didn’t vote him, we will find even more mafia.

Two, maybe three day phases should be safe to use for this. One can even be a TFB flip if we think it was scum vs scum

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3373 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:10 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:43 pm
Something I was thinking about just now -

At least for the next two day phases or so, I think we should try to focus wagons on those who didn’t vote celaph. We can worry about bussers a bit later, but I have a good feeling that if we focus on those who didn’t vote him, we will find even more mafia.

Two, maybe three day phases should be safe to use for this. One can even be a TFB flip if we think it was scum vs scum
Last time I heard you use this argument, you were the last scum after bussing multiple partners and went on to win :razz:

BusinessLamp

#3374 Post by BusinessLamp » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:10 am

i think what ive realized bc of these past two deadlines is i really dont like the idea of flash wagoning someone who wasnt a serious candidate already in the day/game. haven't reread yet but the push onto jamie left a rly bad taste in my mouth

BusinessLamp

#3375 Post by BusinessLamp » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:14 am

@TFB, ghug, chaqa, demon, bozo, donny, jamie, rdr, bob

what made you switch onto celaph?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3376 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:18 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:14 am

I was on celaph for a time D1 (with bad reasoning tho), and I liked the wagoners more than I did the other.

BusinessLamp

#3377 Post by BusinessLamp » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:20 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:18 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:14 am

I was on celaph for a time D1 (with bad reasoning tho), and I liked the wagoners more than I did the other.
which wagoners did you like/dislike that most influenced your decision

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3378 Post by kgray » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:23 am

I think Durga is actually my biggest scumread. She doesn't seem too involved and I kind of think she's avoiding the game and giving her opinions, both of which I have seen her do as scum. I haven't seen her really commit to any reads (Demon is her most consistent scumread I think? And I struggle to understand why) and I definitely get the feeling she was hoping other non-celaph wagons would take off yesterday.

I scumread Vecna pretty actively, since he seemed to be making up random meta on Demon and when I called him on it he tried to flip it on me.

I could actually maybe see Chaqa as scum but probably not? I'm starting to get more interested in a damo flip. HR's D2 wasn't great but it was like a more passive version of mine so idk if I find it that bad.

Bozo is my top townread. He's fully in his element, especially after the scum flip, and I don't think he's ever done this as scum. Never kill him. And if I start to doubt him, please refer me to this post.

I begrudgingly think boatman is probably town, but mostly that's because of ghug's point that he'd have claimed PR if he were scum. Unless ghug is his scumbuddy and was maybe annoyed he didn't claim something, but as boatman pointed out that situation is *impossible*.

Lamp continues to be super towny to me. I get that he could be putting on the best act of all time, but it's little things like him mentioning forum mafia can be fun when we killed scum that are really convincing me.

I haven't reread celaph or EODs so I don't think I have any more thoughts that I haven't shared.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3379 Post by kgray » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:36 am

Oh, actually, I think I never explained what I thought about bob's reaction to ghug's fake RB claim? Bob's "seems legit" actually came off to me as sincere. He said that it was sort of sarcastic, so maybe I was just misreading, but he also mentioned that he thinks ghug gets RB'd all the time. It just didn't read to me like he thought ghug was lying.

I feel like a person would be more likely to see bob's comment as indicating that he doesn't believe ghug's claim if they knew ghug was faking. ghug obviously knew it was fake. HR wouldn't have if he's town.

Bonatogether

#3380 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:37 am

eon reads are lame