M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3301 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:19 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:58 am
Like you were so obstinate over the most blindly obvious things that people spelled out to you so often that it just can't be that you're town
One could easily make the same argument about your insistence that we should not have killed Celaph even though Celaph has flipped scum.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3302 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:07 am
Despite this, I don't think Bona is scum.
He's either scum or a crazy person.

Happy to accept that it could be a 50% chance of either.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3303 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:21 pm

Maniac wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:34 am
Great work guys.

Having a re-read and the evidence that Celaph was scum was plane to see. Sorry I missed it
celaph wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:48 pm

Given the context I assume Demon meant slow as inactive, not slow as in stupid. And I was not calling you out for being inactive, but rather feeling the need to comment on it in the way you did.
Damo, Maniac is grammaring wrong.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3304 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:32 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:15 pm
My last recap post was so useful I feel obliged tondo it again! Here is the last hour of voting (at least, not the boring bits) with my comments.
Kgray shifts from celaph to TFB because TFB was being weird, where she stays for the rest of the day.
Ghug moves off celaph to start a Jamie train.
Goldfinger moves off celaph, where he apparently only was to appease ghug, to me, where he remains while not being very active at eod.
Blamp joins the TFB wagon.
Me and Durga both join ghug on the Jamie train.
Donny votes TFB.
TFB moves to celaph. Ghug ditches his train for celaph. Chaqa moves from TFB to celaph.
Jamie moves to me. For some reason.
Me and Durga both ditch the dead Jamie train, both for TFB.
HR, having been on celaph all day, moves to TFB, for some reason.
Demon and bozo, the final remnants of the Vecna wagon, move to celaph.
Donny moves from TFB to celaph, tying the votes. No reason stated.
Jamie and rdr both ditch me to move to celaph.
Celaph flips scum.

Funnily enough, both me and Durga moved to the same places, almost simultaneously.

The Vecna wagon, at its peak, was composed of Jamie, TFB, demon and bozo. Every single one of them moved to celaph. Everyone who moved off me also moved to celaph.

Which makes me wonder, why? Why was the movement so universally toward celaph? Were scum stacked on the Vecna wagon for bussing but then forced to change plans and bussed celaph instead? I almost feel like scum must have had some involvement to make the late movement so unanimous. I highly doubt all the scum would stack on TFB anyway. I predict there was some significant involvement from scum in celaph's death, primarily in the late movers.

Of course, VCA is not my strong suit, so I'd be interested to hear other people's theories on why the celaph wagon rocketed so fast. Also HR's vote doesn't look great.
Hi Bob.

You're making quite a lot of assumptions here, but still, useful endeavour.

To be clear about one thing you're uncertain of, I moved to you, at the point I did, because I knew it would create a 5 v 5 v 5 tie and I wanted to see who would move quickly to resolve the tie (4 minutes were left at that moment).

What happened in response to the three-way tie, as you've correctly documented, is that you and Durga both moved to TFB, and then, moments after you, HR moved from Celaph onto TFB as well. For a minute or so, TFB had a clear lead, until the other Vecna wagon participants moved to Celaph - and then I broke the tie to condemn Celaph, and RDR followed me right before the bell.

My gut says that it wasn't Scum vs Scum vs Scum because that's just fairly unlikely. Town vs Scum vs Scum is just about possible.

It's very interesting to me that ALL of the final 8 vote moves, from the moment I voted you to make it 5/5/5, to the moment the phase ended, were onto either TFB or Celaph. Nobody else moved onto you.

So base-level wagonomics, as Chaqa has observed, would suggest that at least some of the people who jumped to TFB were doing so in order to save a scumbuddy. That does make it very likely indeed that there is at least one scum in you (Bob), Hellenic Riot, and Durga.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3305 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:38 pm

Predicted Scumteam:

Two of:
BobMcBob, Durga, Hellenic Riot

At least one of:
Vecna, Maniac

If only one of Vecna and Maniac is scum, then also:
Bonatogether.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3306 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:40 pm

People who I think are probably town:
Chaqa, TheFlyingBoat, Bozotheclown,
BusinessLamp, Rdrivera, DemonRHK

Null on everybody else.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3307 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:50 pm

@Durga: If you are town, are Hellenic Riot and Bob both scum, or just one of them, and if so, which?

@Bob: If you are town, are Hellenic Riot and Durga both scum, or just one of them, and if so, which?

@Hellenic Riot: If you are town, are Durga and Bob both scum, or just one of them, and if so, which?

@Vecna: You have praised Maniac's beautiful areolas, but you also said he should be Copscanned. Any update on your opinions regarding Maniac?

@Maniac: You said yesterday that you found Vecna suspicious. Is that still your view?

@Bonatogether: Do you prefer spaghetti hoops, or smiley potato faces?
3

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 6450

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3308 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:02 pm

Mafia shoot me pls
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 3015
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 2000

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3309 Post by BobMcBob » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:12 pm

Okay I'm not gonna be on for EoN so in case scum have a brain aneurysm and decide to NK me, some stuff.

I still scumread Jamie. Durga might be scum. Bona is looking worse. HR looks worse. Blamp is still good. Rdr might be scum. Wagon goldie or jamie for me.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3310 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:43 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:12 pm
Okay I'm not gonna be on for EoN so in case scum have a brain aneurysm and decide to NK me, some stuff.

I still scumread Jamie. Durga might be scum. Bona is looking worse. HR looks worse. Blamp is still good. Rdr might be scum. Wagon goldie or jamie for me.
So your answer to my question is that it's probably both of them?
2

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3311 Post by Durga » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:03 pm

I need to reread but that's not happening today. My initial thought is idk why hr does that as scum but I could be wrong. As for Bob, I was coming around on him and like I also got it wrong. Honestly maybe celaph was hella bussed. I'll take a look tomorrow but today I'm getting day drunk probably
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3312 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:51 pm

@Bob:

Why did you say "wagon goldie" in a post in which you otherwise don't mention Goldfinger at all, and when just two posts earlier, within the space of a page, you had said Goldfinger "doesn't necessarily seem bad"?
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3313 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:53 pm

Hi Goldfinger
2

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1667
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 1046

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3314 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:58 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:03 pm
I need to reread but that's not happening today. My initial thought is idk why hr does that as scum but I could be wrong. As for Bob, I was coming around on him and like I also got it wrong. Honestly maybe celaph was hella bussed. I'll take a look tomorrow but today I'm getting day drunk probably
Hooray for getting day drunk! Remember to log back on and post while drunk so you can let your mind flow free of inhibitions.

I like Jamie's deductions there, and agree now with both he and Chaqa on adding HR to my list. However what are the odds we got two scum out of those three wagons at EOD? I think I view Bob in a slightly more town light than a day ago. I mean, celaph was a goon, so I suppose it's *possible* they saved a Mafia PR by going onto celaph...and the move to TFB over celaph initially makes me think TFB is very town indeed.
2

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1667
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 1046

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3315 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:59 pm

@Jamie - I know you said bona is either crazy or scum, but would they be a wagon candidate if yours tomorrow? Why or why not?
2

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1667
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 1046

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3316 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:01 pm

Chaqa, why don't you think bona is scum still?
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3317 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:22 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:59 pm
@Jamie - I know you said bona is either crazy or scum, but would they be a wagon candidate if yours tomorrow? Why or why not?
I think I've made it pretty clear that my scumpool is as follows:

BobMcBob, Durga, Hellenic Riot, Vecna, Maniac, Bonatogether.
2

bozotheclown
Posts: 9739
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 2988

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3318 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:06 pm

I find it concerning that HR and kgray both started suspecting celaph during N1, spent the majority of D2 voting for him, then contributed to celaph almost avoiding the DK.
2

bozotheclown
Posts: 9739
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 2988

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3319 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:08 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:35 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:33 am
i will be tactically lurking until tmrw night/tues morning

glhf
Definitely scum
##Vote celaph
Why did you vote for celaph in a reply to DL? What was the reason for this vote?
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3320 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:13 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:06 pm
I find it concerning that HR and kgray both started suspecting celaph during N1, spent the majority of D2 voting for him, then contributed to celaph almost avoiding the DK.
Kgray moved a lot earlier, and is in my null pool, but this is a fair observation.

Kgray has, I notice, also defended / supported HR in comments earlier tonight.
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests