M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2901 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:19 pm

okay but bona did put in work as scum (i remember a VCA with a wordcount to rival even your wall posts, and he had no problem shifting the focus to other people besides his team) and what you're describing isn't 'weirdness' to me at all. 'weirdness' is forcing tied votes every eod (which he did as scum). or even when he did some weird VT crumb in a mini game as a VT. but when you say things like he's being super weird to replicate his town game here and it's too weird to be coming from town, but it's not weird at all for bona, that sounds really fake to me.

BusinessLamp

#2902 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:22 pm

celaph is so good to me and im so susceptible to it :cry:

TheFlyingBoat

#2903 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:23 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:19 pm
okay but bona did put in work as scum (i remember a VCA with a wordcount to rival even your wall posts, and he had no problem shifting the focus to other people besides his team) and what you're describing isn't 'weirdness' to me at all. 'weirdness' is forcing tied votes every eod (which he did as scum). or even when he did some weird VT crumb in a mini game as a VT. but when you say things like he's being super weird to replicate his town game here and it's too weird to be coming from town, but it's not weird at all for bona, that sounds really fake to me.
I wasn't saying the EOD was weird for town. I was saying it was him trying to replicate his normal weirdness but in the attempt to do so created something that weird for bona and didn't seem right.

Do you have a link to that game?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2904 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:23 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:31 pm

Yes, going back to read the wagonomics thing it did seem weird and a bit forced and seemed almost a bit like scum!bona trying to be town!bona but prior in the day he said he would only vote for Ghug, me, Llama, celaph, and Flum, and I think elsewhere he stated I was his favorite wagon.
What about it makes you think it’s scum!bona trying to be town!bona?

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:57 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:33 pm
Speaking of things I saw when rereading bona, where is the vca you promised? It seems you have been spending a lot of time taking potshots but not a bunch of time making that.
I don’t like this shade attempt. What is scummy about not doing a much of VCA? Why is scum more likely to say they’ll do it and then not do it?

(Buddy bona mode is now activated)
kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:58 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:35 pm

Awfully defensive there mate. This is based off of what I've heard of your scum game and your town game by reputation where you try to mimic your normal town weirdness as scum but then just behave in weirder ways which don't seem like you
Explain what’s especially weird about his game that seems scummy to you

Sweet jesus, kgray. Normally you give me more than 4 minutes before hitting me with this level of where's my answer :lol:

What seems scummy to me is how long his meme phase continued on D1, some tonal oddness at EOD with the wagonomics things (though I think ghug is overreacting in part there), lack of D2 analysis beyond some easy potshots and tunnels on easy targets, lack of promised vca.

You asked why scum is less likely to follow through on promises than town? I think it varies on context. I think what makes it make sense here is that in D1, Bona was called out for being very fluffy in terms of posts and more just dropping disses than actually staking original positions. It makes sense for him if he wanted to avoid heat to suggest he would give in-depth analysis later. I think most people would believe that and move on to other targets they would rather see gone and have less faith of future improvement from.

As to why bona wouldn't deliver as scum? If he found it hard to spin a compelling VCA that didn't implicate people he didn't want to bus or if he thought with the pressure off of him he could get away with just tunneling me and celaph and getting away with creating another miskill without having to put in the work of spinning a VCA that he needed to forge to protect those he wanted to protect.
The real problem with trying to do VCA on day two is that there's almost nothing you can actually analyse when you only know one person's alignment (or two, if you include DL)

celaph

#2905 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:24 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:41 pm
celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:39 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:44 pm

Hey that's my line
Well, you went to sleep with a vote on me so obviously not.
our relationship runs deeper, we shouldn't hide it from kgray anymore
8-)

TheFlyingBoat

#2906 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:25 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:23 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
kgray wrote:

kgray wrote:

I don’t like this shade attempt. What is scummy about not doing a much of VCA? Why is scum more likely to say they’ll do it and then not do it?

kgray wrote:

Sweet jesus, kgray. Normally you give me more than 4 minutes before hitting me with this level of where's my answer :lol:

What seems scummy to me is how long his meme phase continued on D1, some tonal oddness at EOD with the wagonomics things (though I think ghug is overreacting in part there), lack of D2 analysis beyond some easy potshots and tunnels on easy targets, lack of promised vca.

You asked why scum is less likely to follow through on promises than town? I think it varies on context. I think what makes it make sense here is that in D1, Bona was called out for being very fluffy in terms of posts and more just dropping disses than actually staking original positions. It makes sense for him if he wanted to avoid heat to suggest he would give in-depth analysis later. I think most people would believe that and move on to other targets they would rather see gone and have less faith of future improvement from.

As to why bona wouldn't deliver as scum? If he found it hard to spin a compelling VCA that didn't implicate people he didn't want to bus or if he thought with the pressure off of him he could get away with just tunneling me and celaph and getting away with creating another miskill without having to put in the work of spinning a VCA that he needed to forge to protect those he wanted to protect.
The real problem with trying to do VCA on day two is that there's almost nothing you can actually analyse when you only know one person's alignment (or two, if you include DL)
Sure and that's an argument I would find persuasive if didn't bring it up

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2907 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:25 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
kgray wrote:
I wasn't saying the EOD was weird for town. I was saying it was him trying to replicate his normal weirdness but in the attempt to do so created something that weird for bona and didn't seem right.

no i don't remember the numbers. he was scum in jamie's multi-mafia alien game and a VT in the mini that ghug ran.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2908 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:26 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:24 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:41 pm
celaph wrote:

our relationship runs deeper, we shouldn't hide it from kgray anymore
8-)
heartbreaking

celaph

#2909 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:31 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
celaph sneaking the 6th vote on the donny bandwagon while not acknowledging that there are many votes on the donny bandwagon seems off

donny is p solidly town for me now btw. i dont have good reason for it, dont ask
What kind of acknowledgement are you expecting? "Yes, I know I'm making Donny the lead wagon." No, I preferred him to Flum and I saw there a wagon there so I pushed him past Flum while I finished catching up.

celaph

#2910 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:33 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:00 pm
celaph wrote:
kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:44 pm

Hey that's my line
I did not, I’d voted Bob before going to sleep!
You're votes been on me the last 32 hours and I haven't heard anything about difficultly sleeping. :?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2911 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:34 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:32 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:29 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 pm

this entire interaction is scummy as fuck and i hate hate hate it
Why?
it's just obviously bad
No, give an actual answer.

TheFlyingBoat

#2912 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:36 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:25 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
kgray wrote:

no i don't remember the numbers. he was scum in jamie's multi-mafia alien game and a VT in the mini that ghug ran.
Wait if it's multi that doesn't count much, does it? He basically has an extraordinarily long leash to hunt scum in a townie manner. As for the mini do you remember vaguely when it was so I can search for it myself?

BusinessLamp

#2913 Post by BusinessLamp » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:31 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
celaph sneaking the 6th vote on the donny bandwagon while not acknowledging that there are many votes on the donny bandwagon seems off

donny is p solidly town for me now btw. i dont have good reason for it, dont ask
What kind of acknowledgement are you expecting? "Yes, I know I'm making Donny the lead wagon." No, I preferred him to Flum and I saw there a wagon there so I pushed him past Flum while I finished catching up.
the phrasing of "let me stick my vote there" just felt overly casual for that situation.

you are right though in that you state a preference of bob>donny>flum, switch to bob later, and then you get points for encouraging that flum sounds defeatist and town with 4 minutes left. i remember that having an impact on me.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2914 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:39 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:07 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:06 pm
kgray wrote:

This is a bannable offense. webDip does not allow external links of any kind. This is your final warning.

-webDip mod
That isn’t actually true, right?
what no lmao
Yeah she's not really a mod.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2915 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:11 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:08 pm

It was the signature that threw me off lol, usually the “webdip Mod/admin” thing is for official shit only
not you chastising me about mod rules :lol:
I was a mod once!

I don’t think I ever broke the rules 🤔
Probably why you're not a mod anymore

celaph

#2916 Post by celaph » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:40 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:25 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
kgray wrote:

M64. Favorite game. http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_status?g=64

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2917 Post by ghug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:42 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
kgray wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:31 pm

Yes, going back to read the wagonomics thing it did seem weird and a bit forced and seemed almost a bit like scum!bona trying to be town!bona but prior in the day he said he would only vote for Ghug, me, Llama, celaph, and Flum, and I think elsewhere he stated I was his favorite wagon.

kgray wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:33 pm
Speaking of things I saw when rereading bona, where is the vca you promised? It seems you have been spending a lot of time taking potshots but not a bunch of time making that.

kgray wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:35 pm

Awfully defensive there mate. This is based off of what I've heard of your scum game and your town game by reputation where you try to mimic your normal town weirdness as scum but then just behave in weirder ways which don't seem like you

You think I'm overreacting because he did something you agree is weird and I put him at the null end of my scum pool?

Tell me not to vote bona without telling me not to vote bona.

Jamiet99uk

Re: M72 - “Comedy Gold"

#2918 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:46 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:42 pm
If scum roleblocked town!Chaqa so that they could push for his miskill isn't it strange that nobody is voting for Chaqa?

Back to the drawing board on that theory, perhaps?
Jamie chill out
Chill out how?

Don't react to anything?
Don't question anything?
Don't respond to people's theories?
Don't try to work out what people are doing and why?

Great strategy, bro.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#2919 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:48 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:57 pm
So nobody is interested in talking about how Chaqa just told us that he was apparently thinking of reasons for the scum team to roleblock him before the roleblock took place?
It's been two days since the phase started.
Not at the point where Chaqa made that post, it wasn't.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2920 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:49 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:33 pm
kgray wrote:
celaph wrote:

I did not, I’d voted Bob before going to sleep!
You're votes been on me the last 32 hours and I haven't heard anything about difficultly sleeping. :?
i forgot about last night lol