M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 6450

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2681 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:41 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:37 am
I would tend to think the reason I was roleblocked specifically is so that it pushes some people like Durga, HR, or ghug to push me and get me daykilled.

Tbh kinda seems like something scum!Bona might do
You think that scum!Bona roleblocked you so that scum!Hellenic Riot (who is voting for Celaph) or scum!Durga (who has been defending you) or scum!Ghug (who is voting for Hellenic Riot with you) could push for your miskill?
I was implying that players like them might push me as town due to the roleblock, and that Bona was someone I could see doing a play like that, but probably it's too contrived to be realistic.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Comedy Gold"

#2682 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:42 pm

If scum roleblocked town!Chaqa so that they could push for his miskill isn't it strange that nobody is voting for Chaqa?

Back to the drawing board on that theory, perhaps?
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Comedy Gold"

#2683 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 pm

Bob Hope wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:42 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:41 pm
Bob Hope wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:37 am
I would tend to think the reason I was roleblocked specifically is so that it pushes some people like Durga, HR, or ghug to push me and get me daykilled.

Tbh kinda seems like something scum!Bona might do
You think that scum!Bona roleblocked you so that scum!Hellenic Riot (who is voting for Celaph) or scum!Durga (who has been defending you) or scum!Ghug (who is voting for Hellenic Riot with you) could push for your miskill?
I was implying that players like them might push me as town due to the roleblock, and that Bona was someone I could see doing a play like that, but probably it's too contrived to be realistic.
Well it certainly seems like it is not what is occurring.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2684 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:28 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:33 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:27 am
Okay, it's time to have some Actual Content TM and Non-Reactionary Ideas (C)!
Since apparently nobody liked Question Time.

Blamp is towncore, I doubt a new player, even one with this much survivor experience, would be this towny and, more importantly, coherent and self-consistent as scum.
This is terrible reasoning. I don't think it is entirely fair to say that blamp is inexperienced and that the survivor doesn't translate over, because clearly blamp is acting like a reasonably experienced player, so saying that he can't be scum is really just not true. Blamp is towny but nowhere near towncore or even a strong townread because we don't know how he'd be playing this as scum
Good guy bona. More like this pls
What do you like about this? Just that he's shading lamp? Are you scumreading lamp?
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2685 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:44 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:14 am
i can’t sleep and maybe it is because I have my vote on my dear friend celaph

##unvote
Hey that's my line
2

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2686 Post by Durga » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:41 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:37 am
I would tend to think the reason I was roleblocked specifically is so that it pushes some people like Durga, HR, or ghug to push me and get me daykilled.

Tbh kinda seems like something scum!Bona might do
You think that scum!Bona roleblocked you so that scum!Hellenic Riot (who is voting for Celaph) or scum!Durga (who has been defending you) or scum!Ghug (who is voting for Hellenic Riot with you) could push for your miskill?
I'm not defending him. Also that's just the list of people who have called him stupid and he's bitter about (plus bona)
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13501
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2687 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:45 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:28 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:33 am


This is terrible reasoning. I don't think it is entirely fair to say that blamp is inexperienced and that the survivor doesn't translate over, because clearly blamp is acting like a reasonably experienced player, so saying that he can't be scum is really just not true. Blamp is towny but nowhere near towncore or even a strong townread because we don't know how he'd be playing this as scum
Good guy bona. More like this pls
What do you like about this? Just that he's shading lamp? Are you scumreading lamp?
A whole lot of lampshade going on there, huh?
3

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2688 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:49 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:23 pm
Demon again has the agitated tone he often has as scum.
I had the opposite reaction, this reminds me of when he was a mason with me and started getting pretty aggressive in the thread on D2. When I was scum with him later he didn't get aggro, iirc
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 6450

Re: M72 - “Comedy Gold"

#2689 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:52 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:42 pm
If scum roleblocked town!Chaqa so that they could push for his miskill isn't it strange that nobody is voting for Chaqa?

Back to the drawing board on that theory, perhaps?
I haven't thought about the theory in like two days, so I don't know why you're acting like it's relevant.
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 6450

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2690 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:41 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:37 am
I would tend to think the reason I was roleblocked specifically is so that it pushes some people like Durga, HR, or ghug to push me and get me daykilled.

Tbh kinda seems like something scum!Bona might do
You think that scum!Bona roleblocked you so that scum!Hellenic Riot (who is voting for Celaph) or scum!Durga (who has been defending you) or scum!Ghug (who is voting for Hellenic Riot with you) could push for your miskill?
I'm not defending him. Also that's just the list of people who have called him stupid and he's bitter about (plus bona)
This right here, putting words in my mouth always.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2691 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:10 pm
##vote Celaph

Not a big fan of RHK, Ghug, and I guess not damo after all either (although I doubt he's scum with RHK). Kgray, Bozo and Durga were pretty unmemorable as well in the few bits and pieces ive seen.

Im pretty sure I have a fluffy pillow-cloud of townreads somewhere stored in my brain.

Im also wondering if I should be suspicious about the Chaqa RB thing, but even though he loves stupid shenanigans, I think he knows too well not too put himself in the limelight with those, because we've come to expect them off of him. It indeed smells a little like someone tried to frame him or they have some weird reason to think he might be a PR.

If Chaqa was scum he wouldnt allow himself to be roleblocked, but he'd volunteer someone else for it. File under dangerous deductions.
imo bozo's night phase was memorable. He was under some suspicion but seemed to me to be scumhunting in a normal town!bozo way, jumping around and following a few different leads.
1

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1667
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 1046

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2692 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:54 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:28 pm
I feel like Jamie has been a lot better at picking up on context lately so this game feels odd because he's reading everything as literal
Right now I'm treating Jamiet as a geriatric uncle. Pretty sure his heart is in the right place, but don't really pay too much mind to the words coming from their mouth. Liable to flip between going on rants about petty things, or just kinda sit there and take a nap.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2693 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:55 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:17 pm
celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:33 am


This is terrible reasoning. I don't think it is entirely fair to say that blamp is inexperienced and that the survivor doesn't translate over, because clearly blamp is acting like a reasonably experienced player, so saying that he can't be scum is really just not true. Blamp is towny but nowhere near towncore or even a strong townread because we don't know how he'd be playing this as scum
I agree that we can't say how he'd play as scum, but we can still easily comment on whether his actions seem to benefit town, which I think they absolutely have. He has been sharing his opinions, starting wagons, defending people he townreads. That's why he merits a townread.
That's not the point. The point is him being competent is not in and of itself worthy of a townread due to his newness, and his newness is a reason to be more skittish on the townreads with blamp
I mean he also literally said he's played forum mafia before. I still feel good about him but I'd be feeling better if he'd pointed that out himself.
1

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2694 Post by Durga » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:41 pm


You think that scum!Bona roleblocked you so that scum!Hellenic Riot (who is voting for Celaph) or scum!Durga (who has been defending you) or scum!Ghug (who is voting for Hellenic Riot with you) could push for your miskill?
I'm not defending him. Also that's just the list of people who have called him stupid and he's bitter about (plus bona)
This right here, putting words in my mouth always.
This is funny because last time you accused me of putting words in your mouth it was me saying you didn't like me, and then you went on to confirm that you didn't like me because I called you stupid or something. So sure, maybe I am, but I'm not wrong
1

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2695 Post by Durga » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:56 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:10 pm
##vote Celaph

Not a big fan of RHK, Ghug, and I guess not damo after all either (although I doubt he's scum with RHK). Kgray, Bozo and Durga were pretty unmemorable as well in the few bits and pieces ive seen.

Im pretty sure I have a fluffy pillow-cloud of townreads somewhere stored in my brain.

Im also wondering if I should be suspicious about the Chaqa RB thing, but even though he loves stupid shenanigans, I think he knows too well not too put himself in the limelight with those, because we've come to expect them off of him. It indeed smells a little like someone tried to frame him or they have some weird reason to think he might be a PR.

If Chaqa was scum he wouldnt allow himself to be roleblocked, but he'd volunteer someone else for it. File under dangerous deductions.
imo bozo's night phase was memorable. He was under some suspicion but seemed to me to be scumhunting in a normal town!bozo way, jumping around and following a few different leads.
How much have you read of the thread in making this comment vecna?
1

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1667
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 1046

Re: M72 - “Comedy Gold"

#2696 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:42 pm
If scum roleblocked town!Chaqa so that they could push for his miskill isn't it strange that nobody is voting for Chaqa?

Back to the drawing board on that theory, perhaps?
Fair point. Nobody else really jumped hard on that with me when I was pushing Chaqa on it.
1

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1667
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 1046

Re: M72 - “Comedy Gold"

#2697 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 pm
Bob Hope wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:42 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:41 pm


You think that scum!Bona roleblocked you so that scum!Hellenic Riot (who is voting for Celaph) or scum!Durga (who has been defending you) or scum!Ghug (who is voting for Hellenic Riot with you) could push for your miskill?
I was implying that players like them might push me as town due to the roleblock, and that Bona was someone I could see doing a play like that, but probably it's too contrived to be realistic.
Well it certainly seems like it is not what is occurring.
Jamiet trolling at this point with the names
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 6450

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2698 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:58 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:45 pm


I'm not defending him. Also that's just the list of people who have called him stupid and he's bitter about (plus bona)
This right here, putting words in my mouth always.
This is funny because last time you accused me of putting words in your mouth it was me saying you didn't like me, and then you went on to confirm that you didn't like me because I called you stupid or something. So sure, maybe I am, but I'm not wrong
That isn't what I said, and if you go back and read what I did say, you might realize why I get frustrated with you.
1

damo666
Posts: 11276
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3971

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2699 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:00 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:37 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:31 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:28 pm
I feel like Jamie has been a lot better at picking up on context lately so this game feels odd because he's reading everything as literal
I wouldn't say "everything", however in that particular case I was catching up quickly and noticed Chaqa's two posts about Vecna which seemed to be in conflict. I didn't immediately pick up on the side-splittingly hilarous nature of Chaqa's remark about framing. Now I get it, and the tears of mirth are literally flowing down my face to such an extent that I can barely focus on this message enough to type it without mfking any typkng msftakes.
@Damo Is this a joke post?
But of course
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2700 Post by kgray » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:03 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:47 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 am
@kgray: are you getting the same vibes from celaph as the game we were scum with him?

I kinda am
Yeah, especially with how he said he was conscious of buddying me, and even more especially with how I feel like he was ignoring the pressure on him. But I just looked back at his first game when was town and on the block (M62 D5) and he mostly ignored the wagon forming on him then too. I really don't know.
I think being wary of buddying is sus but my question is why he admits this as scum
True, but he needed some excuse to be avoiding me. I guess he could've just said "yeah I really just think kgray is annoying and I wish she'd leave me alone" :lol:
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests