M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1701 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:47 am

Oh, I missed EoD. I thought it was at 10 PM for some reason.

Flum being town isn't super surprising but still wasn't what I hoped, oh well

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1702 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:47 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:45 am
Hr could you explain your progression on Bob at eod
I feel like you went from Bob is clueless to him being your strongest townread?
Was there a reason for flum over myself at that time of your vote on flum?
Bob got called out for making a lot of clueless posts going 'WTF is X wagon??@. Bob then started being voted. Bob then reacted by making even more clueless posts going 'WTF is Y wagon???'. This is not a response I would expect scum-Bob to make.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1703 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:47 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:43 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:37 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:33 am
Okay I'm not surprised I missed the case on rdr. It was mostly HR saying very weak things in very obscure ways and since I was tight on time I tended to ignore posts that said nothing in too many words.
"Ah yes, some noncommittal reactions with players I am unsure of."
"What ho, I see a connection with Flum but you are focussing on a connection with bozo, whatever are you thinking?"
"Hmm yes rdr sure has been hard to follow"
Colour me surprised that the wagon never took off, or that I completely failed to remember any arguments for it.
HR wasn't even the main pusher of the Rivera wagon?? are you even trying?
I just looked at you, HR and TFB and I didn't check after you voted him for some reason because I thought you'd shut up after that since you had nothing to say or something. Dunno why actually. Your case still sucks though.
excuse me?

BobMcBob

#1704 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:47 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:44 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Okay I'm not surprised I missed the case on rdr. It was mostly HR saying very weak things in very obscure ways and since I was tight on time I tended to ignore posts that said nothing in too many words.
"What ho, I see a connection with Flum but you are focussing on a connection with bozo, whatever are you thinking?"
Colour me surprised that the wagon never took off, or that I completely failed to remember any arguments for it.
Now who's acting like they have intellectual superiority? To think this is what I get for being nice! Maximum ego must soon be unleashed.
I'm not implying you don't have the intellectual capacity to understand how voting works, unlike some.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1705 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:47 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Now who's acting like they have intellectual superiority? To think this is what I get for being nice! Maximum ego must soon be unleashed.
do it, bob deserves it

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1706 Post by ghug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:49 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Like this post.

BobMcBob

#1707 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:50 am

kgray wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:35 am
kgray wrote:

because you said goldie had an excuse for lurking
That's it? He did have an excuse.
yes bob lol i've been pretty consistent about feeling okay about you, but i didn't like that post so i commented on it. i don't think it's a good excuse and if he can't play he should sub out
Perhaps he should, but that doesn't mean he should be put in the boat with the other lurkers who had no excuse for their lack of value at the time. I would have much rather voted any of them.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1708 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:50 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:47 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
I'm not implying you don't have the intellectual capacity to understand how voting works, unlike some.
I've certainly not implied you don't know how voting works. You're more than happy to question why people do it! You do however strike me as the kind of person who turns up at their polling station on election day and asks who the Liberal candidate is.

TheFlyingBoat

#1709 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:50 am

I strongly townread kgray. This frustration feels exactly like their frustration in M70.

Donny Dude

#1710 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:52 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
Bob got called out for making a lot of clueless posts going 'WTF is X wagon??@. Bob then started being voted. Bob then reacted by making even more clueless posts going 'WTF is Y wagon???'. This is not a response I would expect scum-Bob to make.
So the fact that Bob did it alot and kept doing it is a town indicative?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1711 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:52 am

Chaqa wrote:
Oh, I missed EoD. I thought it was at 10 PM for some reason.

Flum being town isn't super surprising but still wasn't what I hoped, oh well
You literally posted within 15 minutes of EoD what the actual shit.

BobMcBob

#1712 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:53 am

kgray wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
kgray wrote:

I just looked at you, HR and TFB and I didn't check after you voted him for some reason because I thought you'd shut up after that since you had nothing to say or something. Dunno why actually. Your case still sucks though.
excuse me?
The case is bad. It is not good. It has little to make me think rdr might be scum. I disagree with it. I think it is weak.

Durga

#1713 Post by Durga » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:53 am

kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:
kgray wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:23 am

Because you're trying to pretend like I didn't do anything at EOD? And flum agreed apparently? Like what the fuck lol
Firstly, how is that scummy or by not good do you just mean you're upset at me

Secondly, you shaded me for not defending flum to your standards when i actually did defend him and tried to get another kill but i'm not gonna go bat for someone who isn't even defending themselves and someone i wasn't too sure was town anyway

Thirdly, it isn't that you did nothing, you certainly produced a lot of content, and i do think you're likely town, but you kept switching your reads, being unsure about things, and pushing things only to then withdraw that read, so i don't see why you get to be unsure and i need to go hard defending flum
i mean i'm insulted yeah but i also think it's scummy because you're normally very blunt about saying flum is a terrible early kill, you talk about sheeping him all the time, you're generally his biggest fan. so here when he flips town and you seemed apathetic about it, it makes perfect sense that you'd be pleased a respected/good player gets miskilled if you're scum.

i sort of see your point about him not defending himself leading up to eod, but you didn't react to his long final words post, which i think *was* him showing that he was defending himself, and there was time for people to switch. i know you weren't voting him but i've seen you rally people to move over less.

i'm not saying you don't get to be unsure, and i'm not saying i was really trying that hard to save flum. i'm just saying i know you love playing with flum when you're town and normally you try harder to protect him because you're friends and because he's generally good
i've been very blunt this game, i don't like how you're framing it as if i haven't been just because i wasn't screaming at people 2 minutes before deadline based on a post i didn't even get a chance to read until after deadline. plus i didn't want to share this because i didn;t want him dead but he kinda did the same thing this game that he did as scum last game with shitposting, getting mildly serious, and then not defending himself at deadline, so i wasn't about to go ham for someone who might have flipped scum sorry not sorry

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1714 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:54 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:52 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
Yes, the fact he painted an ever-bigger target on himself by responding to people pressuring him for something by doing it even more, with a wider net to make even more people look at him, is not a response I would expect anyone with a modicum of intelligence to make as scum. See Bob, I was crediting you with being intelligent all along! ;)

Donny Dude

#1715 Post by Donny Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:54 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 am
I feel like town Flum posts that with about 5 seconds to go as a fuck you, rather than a few minutes early as a hail marry change the wagon attempt
I will note this shade by HR on Flum last minute.

Durga

#1716 Post by Durga » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:55 am

kgray wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
kgray wrote:

excuse me?
stop engaging him sdfghjkl

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1717 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:55 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:50 am
kgray wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:35 am

That's it? He did have an excuse.
yes bob lol i've been pretty consistent about feeling okay about you, but i didn't like that post so i commented on it. i don't think it's a good excuse and if he can't play he should sub out
Perhaps he should, but that doesn't mean he should be put in the boat with the other lurkers who had no excuse for their lack of value at the time. I would have much rather voted any of them.
Well as I stated those other lurkers at least contributed reads so they weren’t really all in the same boat.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1718 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:56 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:54 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 am
I feel like town Flum posts that with about 5 seconds to go as a fuck you, rather than a few minutes early as a hail marry change the wagon attempt
I will note this shade by HR on Flum last minute.
I stand by it. Either defend yourself well in advance or make a screw you post. Flum's essay four minutes before deadline was a half-arsed attempt to get people to swing off him, and I put very little stock into it as a result.

It's also not exactly 'shading' if I consistently voted him through the entire EoD.

BobMcBob

#1719 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:56 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:50 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I've certainly not implied you don't know how voting works. You're more than happy to question why people do it! You do however strike me as the kind of person who turns up at their polling station on election day and asks who the Liberal candidate is.
Why would I turn up at election day? Also all the candidates here in Australia are largely uninteresting, I think the whole campaign for half of them is, "hi, I belong to this party". Not that I've needed to vote yet.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1720 Post by kgray » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:56 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:52 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
I think it’s mostly about Bob not being mainly concerned with his own wagon.