M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Vecna
Posts: 11095
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4678

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1201 Post by Vecna » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:27 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 pm
Okay so Maniac is absolutely lurking, says nothing of value about anyone except creating a case against me which derives most of its weight from my standard language quirks and the fact that I shaded him for lurking. So he rights an essay about it and then leaves after refusing to take a meaningful stance on anything else. Maniac still sucks.
Maniac is a beautiful specimen, and ill not have you besmirch his areolas
2

DeathLlama8
Posts: 1130
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 1090

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1202 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:27 pm

is everyone being a dick to me this game or do i just need more sleep
2

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1203 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:25 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:20 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:17 pm


I’m voting for Durga because I scumread her. I laid out reasons why and her attitude has just reinforced it.

Generally I play my establishing townreads more than scumreads anyway, and if I try to get involved to save someone or push someone harder it usually just results in them or myself dying, so I don’t really feel motivated to do so.
I'm your only scum read? Which happened to be after I said we should kill you? Classic
😎 stop trying to kill me when you’re scum
idk maybe you have a point kgray
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 3015
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 2000

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1204 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:28 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:11 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:58 pm
##vote TheFlyingBoat

Someone being ever-present for the entire shitposting phase only to pretty much disappear into the aether ever since, and only crop up whenever they're the object of discussions; aside from parroting questions at RHK on data, is a pretty disappointing display.
I find HR's argument pretty persuasive. ##vote TheFlyingBoat
Something about this vote feels off to me, but I'm not sure what.
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9070
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 6453

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1205 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:28 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:23 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:20 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm


the situation being that eden was so sure because chaqa changed his story regarding his crumb that he was scum, when chaqa was town

like idk, maybe flum is scum, but i don't think your case is that strong and i don't think being finnicky over something like this is helpful - either way, i'm not shocked you're tunnelling in on it, i was just shocked tfb agreed.
Durga is mischaracterizing what happened with that crumb. I never changed my story. Eden didn’t believe I would stumble onto a crumb after fucking up the first one.

Durga/Flum scum team?
I am NOT mischaracterizing what happened. Maybe I misremembered but I'm pretty sure there was discussion about how you conveniently changed your story - or at least Eden believed it so.

Also, you're a game late on that one
You brought it up in the context of defending Flum, so I don’t think you’re the one who gets to say it’s a game late. My point is that you’re attempting to defend Flum using bad arguments, which seems suspicious on you and also shades Flum.
2

Donny Dude
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:15 am
Location: Norcal
Karma: 1069

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1206 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:28 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:26 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:20 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:14 pm


A strong scum feeling? No one yet. I think tfb is a good shot today. I'd also be open to damo or RHK as I feel like both are awkward. DL and bob i keep going back and forth on. I feel pretty good about HR and ghug and honestly probably bozo.

Who are your scum reads other than flum?
Do you think boatman digs this hard into his Flum read with this much aggression if he's scum? I really don't...

I definitely think Fox was scummy but don't want to vote Vecna. I don't feel good about ghug. Rivera is giving me off vibes. I'm not really suspicious of DL but he's my early guess for the person that will trick me (could also be you lol), but I wouldn't vote him today. RHK seems sus but would scum really do that data analysis thing? bozo had a period of activity I liked but that's faded a lot. chaqa might be my best guess but I also feel like that's just a lazy default read, kind of like ghug...

I just feel like I have so many reasons to back out of scumreads.
Why not? It's easier to stick to it than try to find other scum reads.

I didn't feel good about ghug and then he started talking and now I feel pretty good about ghug? Why don't you feel good still?

DL feels like he's still shit posting as if the game just started but we're 2 hrs from deadline.
At least Dl engaged with me on voting, I would say that's not accurate.
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9070
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 6453

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1207 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:29 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 pm
Okay so Maniac is absolutely lurking, says nothing of value about anyone except creating a case against me which derives most of its weight from my standard language quirks and the fact that I shaded him for lurking. So he rights an essay about it and then leaves after refusing to take a meaningful stance on anything else. Maniac still sucks.
I say we kill him
2

BusinessLamp
Posts: 739
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:41 am
Karma: 1769

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1208 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:29 pm

##vote donny dude

maybe lets do this instead

allegedly feels good about celaph but hasnt pushed anything else
3

Fluminator
Posts: 4038
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2849

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1209 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:27 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:26 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 pm


So your thought process was:

"Bozo just said he townreads me because I said I'm town"
"I've had an idea! I will make up a false claim about how this is a trust tell for me, it will be a great reaction test. If I'm questioned about my actual previous scum games, I can say I was roleplaying as Maniac and Jeff Kuta at the time. "

Yes? This is your answer? This is what you'd like us to believe?
Yes to your first sentence. No to your second.
I had no idea what I said in my previous scum game. I'm much more of an improvisor.
At what point did you decide to make up the additional nonsense about Maniac and Jeff Kuta, and why?
When you made me aware I had said that. I thought it was funny.
2

Bonatogether
Posts: 4751
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 2661
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1210 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 pm

celaph wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:00 pm
@Bona, can you speak to your townread of Bob?

I'm late for lab, but will be checking in before EoD and see him as a decent wagon right now. Also, I find Durga to be a better cw than Flum and wouldn't mind seeing more from RHK and Donny.
You are VANTILLA TOWN.
Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other TOWN in the GAME THREAD <link>. Your teammates are Bob, the Goon,Kgray the Goon, celaph, the Godfather, and eden, the Roleblocker. You win when all of the scumbos have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening

clearly he must be town with me
1

Donny Dude
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:15 am
Location: Norcal
Karma: 1069

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1211 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:29 pm
##vote donny dude

maybe lets do this instead

allegedly feels good about celaph but hasnt pushed anything else
What, I said I felt better about Celapth, not to the point where I feel fine moving off him just yet.
Although flum has been dropping down.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1212 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:26 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:20 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:14 pm


A strong scum feeling? No one yet. I think tfb is a good shot today. I'd also be open to damo or RHK as I feel like both are awkward. DL and bob i keep going back and forth on. I feel pretty good about HR and ghug and honestly probably bozo.

Who are your scum reads other than flum?
Do you think boatman digs this hard into his Flum read with this much aggression if he's scum? I really don't...

I definitely think Fox was scummy but don't want to vote Vecna. I don't feel good about ghug. Rivera is giving me off vibes. I'm not really suspicious of DL but he's my early guess for the person that will trick me (could also be you lol), but I wouldn't vote him today. RHK seems sus but would scum really do that data analysis thing? bozo had a period of activity I liked but that's faded a lot. chaqa might be my best guess but I also feel like that's just a lazy default read, kind of like ghug...

I just feel like I have so many reasons to back out of scumreads.
Why not? It's easier to stick to it than try to find other scum reads.

I didn't feel good about ghug and then he started talking and now I feel pretty good about ghug? Why don't you feel good still?

DL feels like he's still shit posting as if the game just started but we're 2 hrs from deadline.
Yeah, but I don't think tfb and Jamie are both scum and this would be the most egregious of buddying, even for tfb. It just feels like he's passionate about it and I'm not sure he'd be this convincing if he were faking it.

Mosty I don't like the move to vote damo (didn't like it from you either tbh) and otherwise it's mostly a gut feeling at this point - but it's one I almost always have.

DL has asked for people's opinions on people but afaik hasn't posted many of his own.
2

BusinessLamp
Posts: 739
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:41 am
Karma: 1769

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1213 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:20 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:28 pm


I'm not familiar with the phrase "went ham" but I don't think Chaqa and Fluminator are all that similar in their approaches, so I'm not sure this comparison is useful.

I've not totally caught up on the posts that I've missed, but unless Fluminator gave a very good explanation of his behaviour, I'll be unlikely to change my view (so, ok, I should go and look).
the situation being that eden was so sure because chaqa changed his story regarding his crumb that he was scum, when chaqa was town

like idk, maybe flum is scum, but i don't think your case is that strong and i don't think being finnicky over something like this is helpful - either way, i'm not shocked you're tunnelling in on it, i was just shocked tfb agreed.
Durga is mischaracterizing what happened with that crumb. I never changed my story. Eden didn’t believe I would stumble onto a crumb after fucking up the first one.

Durga/Flum scum team?
trying to theorize scum teams feels impossible/gratuitous
4

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13503
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1214 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:33 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 pm
celaph wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:00 pm
@Bona, can you speak to your townread of Bob?

I'm late for lab, but will be checking in before EoD and see him as a decent wagon right now. Also, I find Durga to be a better cw than Flum and wouldn't mind seeing more from RHK and Donny.
You are VANTILLA TOWN.
Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other TOWN in the GAME THREAD <link>. Your teammates are Bob, the Goon,Kgray the Goon, celaph, the Godfather, and eden, the Roleblocker. You win when all of the scumbos have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening

clearly he must be town with me
What is this, and why?
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1215 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:33 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:29 pm
##vote donny dude

maybe lets do this instead

allegedly feels good about celaph but hasnt pushed anything else
I can't figure out if Donny's wishy-washy changing reads are scum trying to avoid controversy or just impressionable town.
2

Vecna
Posts: 11095
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4678

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1216 Post by Vecna » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:33 pm

##vote Chaqa

Townread me please
6

Vecna
Posts: 11095
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4678

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1217 Post by Vecna » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:35 pm

Whose scum Durga?
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20480
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13503
Contact:

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1218 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:35 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:33 pm
##vote Chaqa

Townread me please
I scumread Foxcastle.
2

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 1404

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1219 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:35 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:15 pm
@Kgray are you going to vote?

@Vecna are you going to post?
In order to summon Vecna you have to stare into a mirror and SQUAWK three times.
Birds are not real
And neither is Finland.
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9070
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 6453

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1220 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:35 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:20 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm


the situation being that eden was so sure because chaqa changed his story regarding his crumb that he was scum, when chaqa was town

like idk, maybe flum is scum, but i don't think your case is that strong and i don't think being finnicky over something like this is helpful - either way, i'm not shocked you're tunnelling in on it, i was just shocked tfb agreed.
Durga is mischaracterizing what happened with that crumb. I never changed my story. Eden didn’t believe I would stumble onto a crumb after fucking up the first one.

Durga/Flum scum team?
trying to theorize scum teams feels impossible/gratuitous
Welcome to WebDip Mafia
5

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests