MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
captainmeme

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#541 Post by captainmeme » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:58 pm

I'm very irritated that nobody is responding to my points

Durga

#542 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:56 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:55 pm
The thing about foxy is when he says scummy things he's probably town
Has Foxy said scummy things?
I wouldn't know because I don't read posts more than 3 sentences long

TheFlyingBoat

#543 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:59 pm

kgray wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:45 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:36 pm

That's the one option I discounted. Why do you think this?
No offense to them, but Sabi seems a little confused by some things, even though this is their 4th game. That's a general impression, but paired with the move over to Discord for the mafia chat, I think there's a chance that early on in the game, they might have been genuinely confused.

I really, really, fucking really do not want to open up the can of shitworms that is role PM analysis, but we don't actually know if the scum teams received a PM that lists their team mates. We only know that they were going to be provided additional information in a separate PM, which could have just been a discord link without listing who else is on the team.

To be clear, I am inclined to look favorably on Sabi's confusion. The slip points to town. I just don't think people should put too much faith in that alone.
Sabi has openly expressed their desire to be scum (on Discord, idk if they've said it on webDip), and I think it would be extremely unlikely for Sabi to roll scum and not excitedly read their PM/the rules enough to know that they don't know who the members of the other scum team are. And if they did think that they could know, they'd for sure have read enough about their potential role (and PM) to look for the members of the other scum team, and conclude that they could not know. I am personally willing to bet the game on my belief that scum!Sabi would not genuinely think the mafia teams know each other.

The chances that scum!Sabi faked the townslip are much higher, however imo they are still pretty low.
This and if I recall correctly and am not just imagining things in my sleep deprived and college football recruiting focused mind, Sabi was asked to confirm that's what they thought and they doubled down, explicitly declaring in response to the follow up question that mafia outright knows the identity of other team. This is either fake or a slip, not a misunderstanding by scum

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#544 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:59 pm
ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:
Liar. You read Eden's goodbye.

Foxcastle

#545 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:00 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:58 pm
I am not clear what points you were making in the first place.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#546 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:01 pm

Durga wrote:
ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:
So did you just randomly give us this insight into foxy's meta without thinking fox was saying scummy things?

Foxcastle

#547 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:01 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
kgray wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

No offense to them, but Sabi seems a little confused by some things, even though this is their 4th game. That's a general impression, but paired with the move over to Discord for the mafia chat, I think there's a chance that early on in the game, they might have been genuinely confused.

I really, really, fucking really do not want to open up the can of shitworms that is role PM analysis, but we don't actually know if the scum teams received a PM that lists their team mates. We only know that they were going to be provided additional information in a separate PM, which could have just been a discord link without listing who else is on the team.

To be clear, I am inclined to look favorably on Sabi's confusion. The slip points to town. I just don't think people should put too much faith in that alone.
Sabi has openly expressed their desire to be scum (on Discord, idk if they've said it on webDip), and I think it would be extremely unlikely for Sabi to roll scum and not excitedly read their PM/the rules enough to know that they don't know who the members of the other scum team are. And if they did think that they could know, they'd for sure have read enough about their potential role (and PM) to look for the members of the other scum team, and conclude that they could not know. I am personally willing to bet the game on my belief that scum!Sabi would not genuinely think the mafia teams know each other.

The chances that scum!Sabi faked the townslip are much higher, however imo they are still pretty low.
This and if I recall correctly and am not just imagining things in my sleep deprived and college football recruiting focused mind, Sabi was asked to confirm that's what they thought and they doubled down, explicitly declaring in response to the follow up question that mafia outright knows the identity of other team. This is either fake or a slip, not a misunderstanding by scum
Can you point me to where they double down on it?

Jamiet99uk

#548 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:02 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
@GM, is the list of mafia teammates in the separate PM?
GM NOTE:

The practice in this game replicates, on Discord, what used to be done as standard for the majority of recent games using QuickTopic. That is, the Discord link provided to the Mafia members, via their Role PM, would then allow them admittance to a special Mafia chat (a separate one for each team), within which there is a team list.

While posting in the Mafia chat is allowed at night only, viewing the Mafia chat is available (for Mafia members) at any time. Thus by going to Discord, a Mafia player would learn their team.

This has been standard practice in every webDip Mafia game I have run or participated in for at least the last couple of years, as far as I recall.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Fluminator

#549 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:02 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
UGHHHHHHHH :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging:
This is actually really important to know. The game changes a lot if mafia don't necessarily know their partners.

Jamiet99uk

#551 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:05 pm

++ ANNOUNCEMENT ++

Squigs44 is replacing President Eden

Squigs44 has replaced President Eden

@President Eden: You may no longer post in this thread.
@Squigs: You may now post.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Durga

#552 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:05 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:00 pm
Durga wrote:
ghug wrote:

Liar. You read Eden's goodbye.
Oh yeah I read that one for the drama.

Anyway foxy doing role pm analysis irked me and then I reminded myself that irking me is probably a good thing but also teammates should always be listed in the role pm so idk why you'd even consider they aren't but I also just don't want to go into this because we have no way of knowing

BesharamSabi

#553 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:06 pm

There's a lot of talk about me going on so I feel quite awkward saying anything so just know I'm reading everything yall are saying. No idea how I feel about comments about my intelligence levels tho but also no comment on that as well.

It's awkward and uncomfortable in the sense I feel like everyone is just talking about me behind my back like it's high school even tho I can clearly hear them.

But yea carry on talking about me. It's weird but whatever.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#554 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:06 pm

Yay Squiggles

Foxcastle

#555 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:06 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:02 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

UGHHHHHHHH :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging:
This is actually really important to know. The game changes a lot if mafia don't necessarily know their partners.
I am not objecting to the need to know. There have just been too many cases when we get hung up on textual analysis of PMs we can't see and are trying to divine through GM call. It becomes real stupid real fast. This is exacerbated anytime Jamiet is involved (all glory to the GM, of course).

Durga

#556 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:08 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:01 pm
Durga wrote:
ghug wrote:

So did you just randomly give us this insight into foxy's meta without thinking fox was saying scummy things?
Yes you're welcome 😌

BesharamSabi

#557 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:05 pm
++ ANNOUNCEMENT ++

Squigs44 is replacing President Eden

Squigs44 has replaced President Eden

@President Eden: You may no longer post in this thread.
@Squigs: You may now post.
I miss eden but it's good to see you again Squigs.

What essay are you going to make me write today?

I assume you didnt want to play so I'm glad you're in even in these bad circumstances.

So what do you want to know so far?

Durga

#558 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:10 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:02 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
GM NOTE:

The practice in this game replicates, on Discord, what used to be done as standard for the majority of recent games using QuickTopic. That is, the Discord link provided to the Mafia members, via their Role PM, would then allow them admittance to a special Mafia chat (a separate one for each team), within which there is a team list.

While posting in the Mafia chat is allowed at night only, viewing the Mafia chat is available (for Mafia members) at any time. Thus by going to Discord, a Mafia player would learn their team.

This has been standard practice in every webDip Mafia game I have run or participated in for at least the last couple of years, as far as I recall.
Okay nevermind that's dumb you should always put the scum team in the role pm or its really easy to pull a maniac

Foxcastle

#559 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:11 pm

Squiggs, I am apparently the love child of you and damo. How does it feel to be a father?

Durga

#560 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:11 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:00 pm
captainmeme wrote:
I am not clear what points you were making in the first place.
Même we're past the age of no kill discussions please stop trying to bring it back