MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#41 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:05 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:59 pm
i keep starting posts and then realizing they aren’t helpful and then stopping

resulting in this content-free post

you’re welcome
eden having self restraint is sus

BesharamSabi

#42 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:06 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:00 am
++ MINISTRY of ADMINISTRATION ++
+++ OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT 1.0 +++

Bonatogether(1) - BesharamSabi
BesharamSabi(1) - President Eden
Ghug(1) - Kgray
ChrisVis(1) - Bonatogether

No-Kill(1) - Captainmeme

Nobody is set to be taken to the gulag.

47 hours remain in Day 1.
Why are people breaking the strike by +1 the worst gm ever Jamiet?

Stand strong and together. Don't cross the picket line. Power to the people of this game.

We will have our karma mining back.

brainbomb

#43 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:07 am

I win with ezio and the kalashnikoffs

BesharamSabi

#44 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:09 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:59 pm
i keep starting posts and then realizing they aren’t helpful and then stopping

resulting in this content-free post

you’re welcome
Wow eden is self censoring, that's something new.

Anyway it's been forever since you played mafia since you are too busy being a Coward and gming.

What were you going to say that you felt was not helpful?

What post would be helpful right now?

Where were you Jan 6th 2021?

brainbomb

#45 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:11 am

I thought this started tomorrow, so whey hey bonus time.

I will go ahead and explain that the way I play mafia is to look for oddities in behavior. I tend to fixate on random details and usually I get overwhelmed with theories. people dislike how I play because I never trust anyone and I tend to harm town by not keeping my cards close.

As scum I tend to disrupt things as opposed to blend in. I usually try to out PR and help my team kill all clears so the game is then “even”

I am graced with the glorious joy of being town here. Which means that youll get to experience being brainbombed by fake claims, conspiracy theories and a veritable encyclopedia of meta on everyones past games.

President Eden

#46 Post by President Eden » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:15 am

Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:05 am
less sus than ur face
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:09 am
if it were helpful, it would have been said
BesharamSabi wrote:
this one

my turn. Sabi, how do you anticipate town would react to these two questions, vs how mafia would? Does the fact that there are two mafia teams change your answer?

BesharamSabi

#47 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:19 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:11 am

I will go ahead and explain that the way I play mafia is to look for oddities in behavior. I tend to fixate on random details and usually I get overwhelmed with theories. people dislike how I play because I never trust anyone and I tend to harm town by not keeping my cards close.

As scum I tend to disrupt things as opposed to blend in. I usually try to out PR and help my team kill all clears so the game is then “even”

I am graced with the glorious joy of being town here. Which means that youll get to experience being brainbombed by fake claims, conspiracy theories and a veritable encyclopedia of meta on everyones past games.
Howdy brain bomb,

I am glad I finally get to play with you at last. I see you already answered my questions about playing style and how you scum hhunt for me already. That is greatly appreciated by the way. I guess I can ask other questions for you :

What do you mean you harm town due to not holding your cards close?

If you were scum, how do you decide who is town clear by night one?

I only ask the last question because I feel like it's hard to get an idea who is universally town read by everyone during night one.

Hopefully you answer these questions for me.

brainbomb

#48 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:21 am

ive read games in here where sabi was town and did not have a whole lot of fun. Ive also seen sabi play as scum on popcorn games which yields no pertinent info to talk about.

Nothing ive read so far looks all that odd; but that being said sabi seems a little bit on edge to start.

stay tuned for when wacky things start getting said

brainbomb

#49 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:24 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:19 am
brainbomb wrote:

Howdy brain bomb,

I am glad I finally get to play with you at last. I see you already answered my questions about playing style and how you scum hhunt for me already. That is greatly appreciated by the way. I guess I can ask other questions for you :

I only ask the last question because I feel like it's hard to get an idea who is universally town read by everyone during night one.

I tend to crumb hard as a pr or do things that openly speculate on who our pr might be at eod to drive wagons. it has never been a popular way to go.

id prefer not to talk about what method I use as scum for trying to track down PR….

and I dont see why we would want to talk about night one or any of that right now…

BesharamSabi

#50 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:26 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:15 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:05 am
less sus than ur face
BesharamSabi wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
this one

my turn. Sabi, how do you anticipate town would react to these two questions, vs how mafia would? Does the fact that there are two mafia teams change your answer?

I just want to know what you were going to say. You never know it could be helpful.

Sabi, how do you anticipate town would react to these two questions, vs how mafia would?

Pretty sure no one in this game is going to focus on those two questions but if someone did I guess town would be like hmmm why isn't eden answer those questions and I guess mafia will be like why is Sabi harassing scum with questions.

Does the fact that there are two mafia teams change your answer?

Honestly I have no experience with this format of the game. I guess one scum is like yea how dare they question our scum team member and the other is now thinking wow the other scum team is fucked.

On serious note since you are the most knowledgeable person about mafia, how does two team mafia exactly work?

brainbomb

#51 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:28 am

a two scumteam game works to the scums advantage that they can always be hunting the other team genuinely and therefore the goal is to play well and to not play well enough to get nkd.

brainbomb

#52 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:29 am

##vote foxcastle

President Eden

#53 Post by President Eden » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:30 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:26 am
Pretty sure no one in this game is going to focus on those two questions but if someone did I guess town would be like hmmm why isn’t eden answer those questions and I guess mafia will be like why is Sabi harassing scum with questions.
I could have been clearer — what I mean is how do you think a townsperson would answer those questions, and how do you think a mafioso would?
BesharamSabi wrote:
Honestly I have no experience with this format of the game. I guess one scum is like yea how dare they question our scum team member and the other is now thinking wow the other scum team is fucked.
Is it your belief that the two mafia teams know each other’s identities?
BesharamSabi wrote:
On serious note since you are the most knowledgeable person about mafia, how does two team mafia exactly work?
Mostly it doesn’t :smirk:
What do you want to know about how it works?

lfischl

#54 Post by lfischl » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:34 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:30 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Pretty sure no one in this game is going to focus on those two questions but if someone did I guess town would be like hmmm why isn’t eden answer those questions and I guess mafia will be like why is Sabi harassing scum with questions.
I could have been clearer — what I mean is how do you think a townsperson would answer those questions, and how do you think a mafioso would?
BesharamSabi wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
I think Sabi is just asking what is different in mafia when there is 2 mafia teams versus 1 mafia team

BesharamSabi

#55 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:35 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:21 am
ive read games in here where sabi was town and did not have a whole lot of fun. Ive also seen sabi play as scum on popcorn games which yields no pertinent info to talk about.

Nothing ive read so far looks all that odd; but that being said sabi seems a little bit on edge to start.

stay tuned for when wacky things start getting said
Popcorn werewolf should not count lol. Those games are like 2 minutes of me shouting at the gun person to shoot Bona because Bona regardless of scum or town lol.

How am I a bit on edge? I feel pretty normal and excited. I legit was waiting for this game to happen since the last one ended because I finally understand mafia.
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:24 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:19 am
brainbomb wrote:

Howdy brain bomb,

I tend to crumb hard as a pr or do things that openly speculate on who our pr might be at eod to drive wagons. it has never been a popular way to go.

id prefer not to talk about what method I use as scum for trying to track down PR….

and I dont see why we would want to talk about night one or any of that right now…
Tell me if I'm reading this wrong but you pr hunt when you're both town and when youre scum?

why we would want to talk about night one or any of that right now

Well you mentioned how you like to kill town clears and was wondering what your method of that was for night one when you were scum.

brainbomb

#56 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:40 am

I dont think a best practices summary for how to pinpoint PR is the way we want this day to go. Whether my system is valid as scum; or useful, or helpful to catching PR : none of that would be beneficial to talk about as at best it would just be used by scum “if” my system was even good

brainbomb

#57 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:41 am

can you ask me some questions about pies and cookies?

Bonatogether

#58 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:44 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:26 pm
<snip>

Hopefully this is the game I finally fine tune how to play.
same

Bonatogether

#59 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:45 am

lfischl wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:31 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:25 pm
##vote chris

:smirk:
don't bully the new guy bona :x
:evil:

newbs deserve it

BesharamSabi

#60 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:45 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:30 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
OK this post is hard for me to copy and paste questions for me to answer them on my phone so bear with me.

In regards to how would town/mafia respond: I honestly think neither groups would respond to those questions in any meaningful way because they come off as shit post questions. I only sent those questions to try to get you to contribute something to the game. You did do that by sending me questions right back.

In regards to scum teams knowing identities I am sure both teams do. At least that's what I got from quickly skimming the roles description.

In regards to what I want to know: how do both scum teams decide on who will be night kill or is it two night kills or does the gm pick one at random?