MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#1921 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:04 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:34 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:23 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:22 pm
rivera how do you feel about how EoD1 went down?
I didn't make a detailed analysis of EOD1 so It's exactly a feeling. I tried to tie the vote by voting Bona (and later Flum) and the reaction was a lot of people voting Bona. I think it's because Bona was a "safe" vote.
If Flum flips scum I guess we should look more carefully the 5 people that voted Bona last minute.
I don't recall you usually jumping around like that EoD
Because I am usually not around at EOD or on my way home. This EOD time is 8PM to me so it's much better.

But I think it's not the first time I try to make EOD more competitive.

snowy801

#1922 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:08 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
I didn't make a detailed analysis of EOD1 so It's exactly a feeling. I tried to tie the vote by voting Bona (and later Flum) and the reaction was a lot of people voting Bona. I think it's because Bona was a "safe" vote.
If Flum flips scum I guess we should look more carefully the 5 people that voted Bona last minute.
Speaking of which I hope this helps bona understand that whatever his understanding of himself obvtowning isn't working and that perhaps he should look to change his methodology

This is what, the third time this happened just that I've seen?

smh teenagers

Durga

#1923 Post by Durga » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Actually yeah you're right you're usually not around that's probably why

snowy801

#1924 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Which of the bona voters do you find most sus?

Any thoughts on the overwhelming attempt to tiebreak?

BesharamSabi

#1925 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:09 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:27 pm
I'll be working until deadline so have some reads. (And even if you think I'm scum, you should still heed these because it's multi)
I will omgus vote anyone who complains I don't have any strong scumreads.

1. BesharamSabi
Null. They're playing very loose without much concern and I haven't seen anything that would justify killing them yet. I think they're smart enough they could do this as scum

2. Foxcastle
Town. I find it much more likely Town-Fox looked at role PMs and noticed no teammates listed in scum PMs and commenting on it, then Scum-Fox reading it and feeling comfortable enough to post about it. (Obviously it could be a bluff intended to illicit town reads, but whatevs, it works on me for now)

4. brainbomb
Null. Brain has come such a long way since I first got to know him and it warms my heart. I used to just not worry about brain's alignment because he'd inevitably obvtown or obvscum. I'm not sure if that will happen anymore. I still have seen nothing that would indicate alignment yet.

5. Durga
Town. I'm still very sad she doesn't sheep me anymore. However, I don't think Scum-Durga would instantly apologize for saying I've become bad at the game or being mean. It felt genuine there.

6. TheFlyingBoat
Null. After looking at our previous game, I realized I scumread him in that game too for a lot of the things he is doing here and he was town. He even tried to get me daykilled day 1 last game too lmao. Still nothing to indicate he's town yet though.

7. Ghug
Slight Town. I actually had a slight growing scumread on him throughout day 1 because I expected a lot more complaints on the setup regarding how most scumtells are nullified. (I remember him doing it last multi setup). But he's genuinely a little off-kilter from that PE exchange which I still haven't read. His pushes have lacked muster but that doesn't really matter because multi lol. I convinced myself he's probably town because scum ghug would be more similar to his normal meta.

8. President Eden/Squiggs
Town? I want to put town, my gut is telling me town, but I don't actually have good reasons. The replace out seemed more like town frustration maybe? idk.

9. ChrisVis/Snowy
Scum. Chris was oddly defensive and angry at people accusing him and it wasn't the towniest behaviour, and Snowy's done nothing to change that. He's playing exactly like his other scum game and his meta and weird comments aren't looking super townie. I am self aware enough to know I might be biased against this slot after his weird push on me but there's a lot of scum out there and he just fits in too easily.

10. lfischl
Null. He's pretty funny but I got nothing.

11. CaptainMeme
Trololo, since he's not going to see my question, he definitely voted me at 5-4 bona/ma in an attempt to tie it to get a no-kill. If he's scum, I expect his partners to be ones who are complaining about him the loudest.

12. Fluminator
Town. Handsome. 100% Vanilla Townie Confirmed (tm)

13. bozo
Null. I was definitely expecting bozo to thrive in a multi setup where the core mechanics are very different from normal mafia, but he's been pretty lacklustre so far. But it's multi so it doesn't make sense as either any alignment really. I've never been able to read bozo in the past.

14. Tom Bomb
Null. He was scum the last couple of games I've seen him in and he was surprisingly awkward in those. As town he's always been regarded as one of the all-time bests and I think he struggles as scum. I would be townreading him if it wasn't multi, but as is, I don't think I can give him a read.

15. Rdrivera2005
Town. Did not give a shit who was daykilled. Just making wagons for fun. Very strong town vibes to not have passionate scum reads after day 1 and focusing more on generating info. If he is scum, I don't think any of his partners were close to be bloc.

16. Damo666
Null. I can't read Damo. He never gives reasons behind anything he does as any alignment. He also scum reads me in literally every game we've played so that's not alignment indicative either.

17. kgray
So townie in a multi that she's scummy slot that always exists.

18. Macca573
I'm out of time, no idea.
HI Flum,

Just have a few questions based off your reads:

In regards to your read on me:
  • what did you mean by "They're playing very loose without much concern"?
In regards to your read on the flying boat man:
  • you said "I realized I scumread him in that game too for a lot of the things he is doing here", could you please expand those reasons that you scum read him
In regards to your read on captain meme:
  • you said "I expect his partners to be ones who are complaining about him the loudest., based off this statement who do you think out of his loudest critics are on his team?
In regards to your read on damo:
  • you said " He also scum reads me in literally every game we've played " , why do you think he scum reads you every game and how often has he been correct?
In regards to macca:
  • why did you not give a read on them, why not put the few minutes to add ofit instead of the half ass statement?
Non questions just general comments:

I agree with you assement on snowy, glad I'm not alone with that read on him.

snowy801

#1926 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:15 pm

Sabi I hope in a few days you'll learn that I was serious about you having a negative heuristic and you are at present better off rolling an RNG than trying to actively scumhunt

Which is not to say that you should not try, and as a whole you're playing fine but your confidence baffles me every time. Mafia isn't always just about being right, as so many are so eager to ever remind me, yet still

I do not believe I've seen you be right about a single thing in the past 4 games

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1927 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:22 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Like I said I need to re-read EOD and the reasoning to votes (and on the last minute votes have to re-read previous reads which is more time consuming). If I am still alive I would try to do this on the weekend.

Looking only the votes and timing Fox, you and Bozo are the ones I would look more carefully.

damo666

#1928 Post by damo666 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:22 pm

snowy801 wrote:

Who would want a tie other than a no kill advocate or someone on the block? It was hardly surprising and completely nai.

snowy801

#1929 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:25 pm

Nothing is NAI

Tiebreaks didn't used to be so overwhelming as far as I can remember, and attempts to tie are things that can be entertained in and of itself

Not to mention the direction of the tiebreak can also be revealing

Mind you, I haven't really looked it through myself

snowy801

#1930 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Still somewhat unsure what to make of the double mafia

If anyone has better ideas on how to gamesolve I'm all ears

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1931 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:28 pm

I didn't read the arguments between flum and snowy very closely and I probably should, but flum is my top scumread atm regardless. I don't like how fast he was to say that I'm town this game when he was so suspicious of me last game, when I feel like my D1s in both games were very similar, right down to the arguments with Eden. I just don't trust him at all.

Also, look at the difference between his Sabi and Fox reads. The way he writes off Fox as town because of the PMs but refuses to townread Sabi for their slip is incredibly suspicious, especially for Flum. Anyone remember how convinced he was that Hamilton Brian was town when he posted his notes in the priest game? When Flum is town he looks for reasons to townread people and trusts what he sees and doesn't get caught in 'well they're smart enough to do this as scum'. imo this looks bad for Fox too.

Bozo's a close second. I think bozo as scum pushes easy cases and that's what he's doing here.

I'm still suspicious of Boatman, but I was suspicious of him last game until he became conf!town, and I'm still suspicious of ghug but I've never not been suspicious of ghug (besides the first game I played with him).

Snowy giving me weird vibes sometimes but isn't doing the thing I thought was the most scummy from the game when he was scum.

Sabi, squigs, Tom, and brain all still strong townreads. Rivera and Durga only slightly behind. Not as convinced about town!Fox anymore, but that's almost all because of Flum's weird townread of him. Damo and meme could go either way. Don't know about Macca or lfischl, but bozo pushing lfischl makes me want to keep him alive and I'm afraid one or both of them will be the next easy miskills after bona.

Also I still haven't closely read EOD and I won't do that until Sunday unless I do well at Dip this weekend, in which case I'm not sure when I'll reread EOD because it's a busy week coming up.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1932 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:35 pm

snowy801 wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Speaking of which I hope this helps bona understand that whatever his understanding of himself obvtowning isn't working and that perhaps he should look to change his methodology

This is what, the third time this happened just that I've seen?

smh teenagers
what? kinda bullshit for you to blame bona for this. obviously he wasn't obvtowning, it was D1, and he was at school for most of it anyway. the reason it's the third time is because people don't want to vote out 'good' or 'respected' players and people like bona are easy early targets. i'm not trying to be preachy about it, because if i had been around i'm not sure i'd have been yelling at people to vote flum instead of bona myself, even though i was sus of flum and had been saying that i thought bona was an easy target. i'd like to think i would have, becuase when bona was clearly frustrated i thought it was towny, but that was me looking back after seeing the flip and in the moment i dont know if i'd have been convinced. but literally brain was the only person who ever voted bona who had a legitimate reason, so it's not like it's bona's fault he got miskilled.

snowy801

#1933 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:36 pm

It obviously isn't bona's fault, but I am following up on his series of comments to the tune of "I always obvtown people just don't notice"

I say what I did because I think he really believes that

brainbomb

#1934 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:37 pm

I log out and read the game without the ability to post to stop myself from reacting too often and to too many things which in the past is me just trying to give myself a break but it never really works because 50% of the time when i do it someone asks me a question and I dont like the idea of ever avoiding interaction if it could be useful

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1935 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:39 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:15 pm
Sabi I hope in a few days you'll learn that I was serious about you having a negative heuristic and you are at present better off rolling an RNG than trying to actively scumhunt

Which is not to say that you should not try, and as a whole you're playing fine but your confidence baffles me every time. Mafia isn't always just about being right, as so many are so eager to ever remind me, yet still

I do not believe I've seen you be right about a single thing in the past 4 games
lmfao imagine calling out *Sabi* for overconfidence, in webDip mafia where the egos are through the roof, yours included. That's amazing :lol:

Also, Sabi correctly townread me in their first game, and was like the only person to consistently do so. You should really be correct if you're going to be rude.

snowy801

#1936 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:43 pm

You seem to be very offended on these people's behalf

Why do you think that is?

I think my statements are about as accurate as any summation of a player's mafia game can be

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1937 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:44 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:43 pm
You seem to be very offended on these people's behalf

Why do you think that is?

I think my statements are about as accurate as any summation of a player's mafia game can be
because they're my friends and i don't appreciate the way you talk down to people. it's not complicated lol

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1938 Post by ghug » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:46 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:28 pm
Still somewhat unsure what to make of the double mafia

If anyone has better ideas on how to gamesolve I'm all ears
My experience is the connection hunting still works, but even like bo_sox can appear townie as scum until you get some flips.

BesharamSabi

#1939 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:46 pm

snowy801 wrote:

HI snowy,

I like these questions a lot.

I do think rdr/durga interaction with voting for Bona was off and weird. Not scum related, just weird. I dunno need to reread both of them during that time. Same with squigs. That weird coordination on votes is too brazen even for scum.

Any thoughts on the overwhelming attempt to tiebreak

What did you mean the overwhelming attempt to tie break?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1940 Post by ghug » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:47 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:36 pm
It obviously isn't bona's fault, but I am following up on his series of comments to the tune of "I always obvtown people just don't notice"

I say what I did because I think he really believes that
I think that was a joke.