MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#4381 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:39 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:38 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:32 pm

You requested the extension. Jamiet is not available until tomorrow.

If all players hammer the night, we can continue on.
Who hasn't hammered?
If you requested the extension, can you just retract the request, so we can finish today?
I'M TRYING TO RETRACT IT.

Chaqa you have the scum actions.

You can do the night end flavor.

bozotheclown

#4382 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:40 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:37 pm
I only requested an extension because I'm going to a party tonight and I didn't want to spend all day arguing about how I was scum because I really thought damo was it and I assumed it was going to be me as the only scum between three of yall.

That's me being transparent.
You played a good game, I am happy to see you win, but I would prefer a joint mafia win.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4383 Post by Chaqa » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:48 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:39 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:33 pm

Who hasn't hammered?
If you requested the extension, can you just retract the request, so we can finish today?

It doesn't work like that.

BesharamSabi

#4384 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:48 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:48 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

But why.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4385 Post by Chaqa » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:49 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

But why.
Other players may have planned around the extension and would possibly not be able to do necessary actions, or may not return in time for the upcoming EoD if they planned around it.

BesharamSabi

#4386 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:58 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:49 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

But why.
Other players may have planned around the extension and would possibly not be able to do necessary actions, or may not return in time for the upcoming EoD if they planned around it.
🙃

Only person missing is celaph.

brainbomb

#4387 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:13 pm

Would anyone object to me filling the thread with the entire book catcher in the rye?

brainbomb

#4388 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:14 pm

This next part I don't remember so hot. All I know is I got up from the bed, like I
was going down to the can or something, and then I tried to sock him, with all my might, right smack in the toothbrush, so it would split his goddam throat open. Only, I missed. I didn't connect. All I did was sort of get him on the side of the head or something. It probably hurt him a little bit, but not as much as I wanted. It probably would've hurt him a lot, but I did it with my right hand, and I can't make a good fist with that hand. On account of that injury I told you about.
Anyway, the next thing I knew, I was on the goddam floor and he was sitting on my chest, with his face all red. That is, he had his goddam knees on my chest, and he weighed about a ton. He had hold of my wrists, too, so I couldn't take another sock at him. I'd've killed him.
"What the hell's the matter with you?" he kept saying, and his stupid race kept getting redder and redder.
"Get your lousy knees off my chest," I told him. I was almost bawling. I really was. "Go on, get off a me, ya crumby bastard."
He wouldn't do it, though. He kept holding onto my wrists and I kept calling him a sonuvabitch and all, for around ten hours. I can hardly even remember what all I said to him. I told him he thought he could give the time to anybody he felt like. I told him he didn't even care if a girl kept all her kings in the back row or not, and the reason he didn't care was because he was a goddam stupid moron. He hated it when you called a moron. All morons hate it when you call them a moron.
"Shut up, now, Holden," he said with his big stupid red face. "just shut up, now." "You don't even know if her first name is Jane or Jean, ya goddam moron!" "Now, shut up, Holden, God damn it--I'm warning ya," he said--I really had him
going. "If you don't shut up, I'm gonna slam ya one."
"Get your dirty stinking moron knees off my chest."
"If I letcha up, will you keep your mouth shut?"
I didn't even answer him.
He said it over again. "Holden. If I letcha up, willya keep your mouth shut?" "Yes."
He got up off me, and I got up, too. My chest hurt like hell from his dirty knees.
"You're a dirty stupid sonuvabitch of a moron," I told him.
That got him really mad. He shook his big stupid finger in my face. "Holden, God
damn it, I'm warning you, now. For the last time. If you don't keep your yap shut, I'm gonna--"
"Why should I?" I said--I was practically yelling. "That's just the trouble with all you morons. You never want to discuss anything. That's the way you can always tell a moron. They never want to discuss anything intellig--"

Then he really let one go at me, and the next thing I knew I was on the goddam floor again. I don't remember if he knocked me out or not, but I don't think so. It's pretty hard to knock a guy out, except in the goddam movies. But my nose was bleeding all over the place. When I looked up old Stradlater was standing practically right on top of me. He had his goddam toilet kit under his arm. "Why the hell don'tcha shut up when I tellya to?" he said. He sounded pretty nervous. He probably was scared he'd fractured my skull or something when I hit the floor. It's too bad I didn't. "You asked for it, God damn it," he said. Boy, did he look worried.
I didn't even bother to get up. I just lay there in the floor for a while, and kept calling him a moron sonuvabitch. I was so mad, I was practically bawling.
"Listen. Go wash your face," Stradlater said. "Ya hear me?"
I told him to go wash his own moron face--which was a pretty childish thing to say, but I was mad as hell. I told him to stop off on the way to the can and give Mrs. Schmidt the time. Mrs. Schmidt was the janitor's wife. She was around sixty-five.
I kept sitting there on the floor till I heard old Stradlater close the door and go down the corridor to the can. Then I got up. I couldn't find my goddam hunting hat anywhere. Finally I found it. It was under the bed. I put it on, and turned the old peak around to the back, the way I liked it, and then I went over and took a look at my stupid face in the mirror. You never saw such gore in your life. I had blood all over my mouth and chin and even on my pajamas and bath robe. It partly scared me and it partly fascinated me. All that blood and all sort of made me look tough. I'd only been in about two fights in my life, and I lost both of them. I'm not too tough. I'm a pacifist, if you want to know the truth.
I had a feeling old Ackley'd probably heard all the racket and was awake. So I went through the shower curtains into his room, just to see what the hell he was doing. I hardly ever went over to his room. It always had a funny stink in it, because he was so crumby in his personal habits.

brainbomb

#4389 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:17 pm

A tiny bit of light came through the shower curtains and all from our room, and I could see him lying in bed. I knew damn well he was wide awake. "Ackley?" I said. "Y'awake?"
"Yeah."
It was pretty dark, and I stepped on somebody's shoe on the floor and danm near fell on my head. Ackley sort of sat up in bed and leaned on his arm. He had a lot of white stuff on his face, for his pimples. He looked sort of spooky in the dark. "What the hellya doing, anyway?" I said.
"Wuddaya mean what the hell am I doing? I was tryna sleep before you guys started making all that noise. What the hell was the fight about, anyhow?"
"Where's the light?" I couldn't find the light. I was sliding my hand all over the wall.
"Wuddaya want the light for? . . . Right next to your hand."
I finally found the switch and turned It on. Old Ackley put his hand up so the light wouldn't hurt his eyes.

"Jesus!" he said. "What the hell happened to you?" He meant all the blood and all.
"I had a little goddam tiff with Stradlater," I said. Then I sat down on the floor. They never had any chairs in their room. I don't know what the hell they did with their chairs. "Listen," I said, "do you feel like playing a little Canasta?" He was a Canasta fiend.
"You're still bleeding, for Chrissake. You better put something on it." "It'll stop. Listen. Ya wanna play a little Canasta or don'tcha?" "Canasta, for Chrissake. Do you know what time it is, by any chance?" "It isn't late. It's only around eleven, eleven-thirty."
"Only around!" Ackley said. "Listen. I gotta get up and go to Mass in the morning, for Chrissake. You guys start hollering and fighting in the middle of the goddam--What the hell was the fight about, anyhow?"
"It's a long story. I don't wanna bore ya, Ackley. I'm thinking of your welfare," I told him. I never discussed my personal life with him. In the first place, he was even more stupid than Stradlater. Stradlater was a goddam genius next to Ackley. "Hey," I said, "is it okay if I sleep in Ely's bed tonight? He won't be back till tomorrow night, will he?" I knew damn well he wouldn't. Ely went home damn near every week end.
"I don't know when the hell he's coming back," Ackley said.
Boy, did that annoy me. "What the hell do you mean you don't know when he's coming back? He never comes back till Sunday night, does he?"
"No, but for Chrissake, I can't just tell somebody they can sleep in his goddam bed if they want to."
That killed me. I reached up from where I was sitting on the floor and patted him on the goddam shoulder. "You're a prince, Ackley kid," I said. "You know that?"
"No, I mean it--I can't just tell somebody they can sleep in--"
"You're a real prince. You're a gentleman and a scholar, kid," I said. He really was, too. "Do you happen to have any cigarettes, by any chance?--Say 'no' or I'll drop dead."

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4390 Post by Chaqa » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:13 pm
Would anyone object to me filling the thread with the entire book catcher in the rye?
Yes

celaph

#4391 Post by celaph » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:15 am

Sorry. Saw the extension and figured I'd just have to check out and wait for another 24.

I obviously have less invested in the outcome of this game than you all, but I think BB's frustration highlights the needs for some clarity of the incentives for each side in similar situations to this. I'm not sure if there is a great solution, but I look forward to hearing various proposals.

I personally feel like playing kingmaker is a feel bad experience for everyone except (maybe) the one who ends up winning. If I'm left I'll just self vote to force a tie.

If my lack of willingness to try and bait out a no-kill to get a win for town violates rule 9, feel free to pm me mods lol.

I suspect that these may be some of my finals words before I die, so let my squander them with my self-awareness.

BesharamSabi

#4392 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:31 pm

Happy new years. I'm hungover. Let's get this Game over with.

TheFlyingBoat

#4393 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:45 pm

Sounds good to me. Just make sure you kill celaph, Sabi.

Anyways, I'm going to sleep. I'll try to be up for EON in case anyone needs me. I've already submitted my request to hammer the night.

TheFlyingBoat

#4394 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:54 pm

Oh and then after the night goes through and the day begins, in case I'm unavailable to offer any advice because I fail to wake up at 4:30 am, vote for the other remaining mafia and I'll follow with my vote when I wake up.

Jamiet99uk

#4395 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:00 pm

=== NIGHT HAS (FINALLY) ENDED - PLEASE HOLD ===
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#4396 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:03 pm

======== THE TRUTH OF ARSTOTZKA ========
====== Sunday, November 28, 1982 ======

DEATH TOLL AT GRESTIN MOUNTS
Various terrorist groups suspected.
Government considers closing border.

BORDER GUARD KILLED BY INSURGENTS
Funny little man also among dead.

POLIO OUTBREAK IN UNITED FEDERATION
Travel restrictions in place. United Fed
promises vaccine programme.

THE WEATHER
Snowing, all day.
========================================

BRAINBOMB has died, he was Jorji Costava, the MILLER

CELAPH has died, he was Sergiu Volda, the BORDER GUARD

DAY 6 HAS BEGUN

YOU MAY POST

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

BesharamSabi

#4397 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:10 pm

Kept you alive boatman.

##VOTE bozo

##end

BesharamSabi

#4398 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:11 pm

Sorry bozo. I don't want a tie. I want to win.

BesharamSabi

#4399 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:11 pm

Third post. Met the criteria. Now I wait for boatman to wake up

bozotheclown

#4400 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:44 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:11 pm
Sorry bozo. I don't want a tie. I want to win.
What I suspect TFB plans to do is switch his vote off of me at the last minute to force a tie, to set up a prisoner's dilemma N6. If we both go for the solo win N6, we NK each other and town wins. If only one of us NKs the other, that player would win. If we both NK TFB, we tie for the win.

This is the only good play left for town, so I assume that is why TFB wanted to make sure you left him alive for D6.

So, unless TFB is willing to hammer me, you have a choice to accept the joint mafia win today or risk losing N6.

##VOTE TheFlyingBoat