MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#4241 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:51 pm

==== Ministerstvo Administratsii ====
++++++ Podschet Golosov #5.7 ++++++

Damo666 (5) - bozotheclown, brainbomb(konets), Celaph, TheFlyingBoat, Besharamsabi
Bozotheclown (1) - damo666

DAMO planiruyetsya zabrat.

Ostavsheyesya Vremya: 4 chasa 8 minut.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

brainbomb

#4242 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:54 pm

is the game becoming russian?

brainbomb

#4243 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:55 pm

Вы коммунист?

brainbomb

#4244 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:57 pm

sabi has more moments of clueless unbridled free agency than damo or bozo. which lends itself less likely to sabi playing dumb scum who is just confused and fakedly deliberate in everything.

at one point sabi thought meme killed kgray.
like these sort of gaffes are townslips in some ways which are certainly possible to do as scum and yet I find myself pretty sure that sabi is actually just that unclued into the game

celaph

#4245 Post by celaph » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:10 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:22 am
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:20 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:18 am

Wasn't it obviously the K mafia? Pretty sure it was a meme kill by durga and Flum since they are all friends outside of the game.
meme was on the ezic team
and since durga died the kalech team killed kgray

have you any proof bozo is kalech
Meme kill as in a joke kill not literally captain meme.

I'm currentlt rereading but Flum interaction around bozo was off if you read Flum posts about bozo.
Any posts in particular you want to highlight?

brainbomb

#4246 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:32 pm

I havent fully given up on the idea sabi is actually an evil genius riding the dumbtelling train

celaph

#4247 Post by celaph » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:26 pm

@damo, I hope that you'll rejoin us at some point as having your only posts while I was asleep is a little unfortunate.

tl;dr for Damo: You have a number of posts that you've made without really explaining your thought process. That works fine when I have the 200+ pages of context, but I don't right now and so I'd really like to better understand why you did the things that you did. I can't read all 210 pages, but if there are interactions you want to call out I absolutely can read them.

tl;dr for everyone: I think that Damo's D1 Flum vote makes him more likely to be Ezic than Kolechian. I'm also curious to here what people thought of his D3 voting off the meme wagon.

While PoE is absolutely a valid way to view the game, I think I'm going to need more context at how you got to this point in the game with this view. At the moment, it seems like your analysis of the current position is minimal at best. Why didn't you consider Sabi+Bozo being final scum? Had you townread any of these 3 players earlier and are now surprised to know that there are two scum among them or were you scumreading them all along?

As for your voting record you wanted me to read:
D1 -- Your talk in the last minutes makes is seem like you wanted Flum gone over Bona which makes it less likely that you are a Kolechian. That said, it's unclear to me why you voted Bona in the first place and then why you switched back to Flum saying nothing in between.

The vote for meme I can see from both perspectives. There is a clear start and end of the read which I like, but there is no substantial push or ever a real wagon on him so this is also the minimum to not be suspicious for voting the spot.

D2 -- Your early ghug D2 vote reasoning is really weak to me. Had ghug really leapfrogged people you actually scumread D1 (like Flum supposedly) because kgray was killed? That seems incredibly tenuous.

As well as you can remember, why did ghug+Meme+Sabi/BB/Bozo not make a viable scumteam?

What changed D2 when you went back to Meme? His appearance in those lists is unexplained.

Can you speak to why you briefly switched from Tom to lfischl?

D3 -- On D3 you earn yourself substantial "Why would scum ever do this" points. If you're scum, this is certainly a bold play to call attention to yourself. On very brief skim I didn't see you trying to use this for townpoints which earns you some. Certainly makes the bored town play more convincing.

D4 -- On page 185 you say that people should vote between Macca and Bozo, but a scan of your earlier messages mentioning Macca suggest that you thought that they didn't really fit into either scumteam, why did you want them to be a wagon here?

celaph

#4248 Post by celaph » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:29 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:47 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:44 am
Thanks for the summary, BB.

Seems like there is very little pressure on Sabi atm. Take it that means that there is a general townread consensus on them. Lines up with my initial impressions of their D5.

Kinda sad not getting pressured tbh. Where is someone like Bona when you need him?
There are 2 mafia left, and I suspect BesharamSabi is the second, despite the fact they have done a very good job getting town read this game.
I've been trying to work through people and have been focused on Damo so far for obvious reasons. Can you speak to your read of BB and why you aren't considering him for a scum spot?

bozotheclown

#4249 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:10 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:29 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:44 am
Thanks for the summary, BB.

Seems like there is very little pressure on Sabi atm. Take it that means that there is a general townread consensus on them. Lines up with my initial impressions of their D5.

Kinda sad not getting pressured tbh. Where is someone like Bona when you need him?
There are 2 mafia left, and I suspect BesharamSabi is the second, despite the fact they have done a very good job getting town read this game.
I've been trying to work through people and have been focused on Damo so far for obvious reasons. Can you speak to your read of BB and why you aren't considering him for a scum spot?
I am not ruling him out, because the RB claim can be faked, but the reality is that it rarely is done, and as brainbomb pointed out earlier today, there was no compelling reason for him to do that at the time because he was generally town read. Also, captainmeme tried to say brainbomb was cleared because of the RB claim, and it seems unlikely a scum teammate would do that. brainbomb's RB claim does essentially clear him of the K mafia spot because there was only one K mafia left N2 and the NK was not blocked, and I think damo is likely the final E mafia, which would make BesharamSabi the final K mafia.

BesharamSabi

#4250 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:03 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:10 pm
celaph wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I am not ruling him out, because the RB claim can be faked, but the reality is that it rarely is done, and as brainbomb pointed out earlier today, there was no compelling reason for him to do that at the time because he was generally town read. Also, captainmeme tried to say brainbomb was cleared because of the RB claim, and it seems unlikely a scum teammate would do that. brainbomb's RB claim does essentially clear him of the K mafia spot because there was only one K mafia left N2 and the NK was not blocked, and I think damo is likely the final E mafia, which would make BesharamSabi the final K mafia.
Bozo what connections do I have to K mafia? I was saying durga and Flum were giving scummy vibes.

BesharamSabi

#4251 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:04 pm

Where is the K mafia connections or evidence that makes sense?

I'm waiting.

BesharamSabi

#4252 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:04 pm

I LITERALLY POIUNTED OUT DURGA WAS BUDDING RDR/SQUIGS DAY 1

BesharamSabi

#4253 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:07 pm

Oh yea I'm Def scum with durga and Flum and kept pointing out how weird durga was behaving with rdr.

Yep makes sense.

I know who I'm voting for tomorrow.

celaph

#4254 Post by celaph » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:29 pm

@Jamie, I'm not sure if the bot knows I subbed in for lfischl or not.

Also, don't think I need to given that you've already included me in the vote counts, but just in case ##vote damo

It's hard given the combination of limited Damo activity so far and condemnation from everyone else to vote elsewhere at the moment. If he really is town who just could only be active while I slept than that's unfortunate and I blame you all for leading me astray. :razz:

bozotheclown

#4255 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:31 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:03 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:10 pm
celaph wrote:

Bozo what connections do I have to K mafia? I was saying durga and Flum were giving scummy vibes.
That kind of distancing is common, though.

bozotheclown

#4256 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:32 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:07 pm
Oh yea I'm Def scum with durga and Flum and kept pointing out how weird durga was behaving with rdr.

Yep makes sense.

If you are mafia, I would be your obvious mis-kill target for tomorrow.

brainbomb

#4257 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:40 pm

I am slightly comforted that this dialogue is even happening as it probably wouldnt exist if both sabi and bozo were scum

brainbomb

#4258 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:42 pm

The interesting part is how chill bozo is.

BesharamSabi

#4259 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:44 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:32 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:07 pm

Yep makes sense.

If you are mafia, I would be your obvious mis-kill target for tomorrow.
If you are mafia I know I'm your mis-kill.

I know you're keeping brainbomb alive for a reason.

brainbomb

#4260 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:44 pm

I will be taking a break for this night phase to start fresh in the final phase which likely will be 4 of us alive. Assuming they choose to kill one of us, no matter what 2 clears will be alive in final 4, and thus there would be no value in sleeping in that phase. Meaning that among myself, flying, and celaph, scum can only kill one of the three of us

and yes this all assumes damo is not kalech.

if damo flips kalech I am once again still not quite clear