MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
celaph

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#4201 Post by celaph » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:05 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:10 am
celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:20 am
@sabi why is it bozo's job to convince you to kill Damo first?
Because I scum read both and can't decide who to kill between both of them.

Also kgrey will be super happy to see you playing!

How have you been?
Cagey ray would probably have preferred to still be alive lol.

I've been enjoying the winter break with my family.

BesharamSabi

#4202 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:18 am

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:57 am
just some friendly advice sabi; youll probably want to research who killed kgray and why on n1
Wasn't it obviously the K mafia? Pretty sure it was a meme kill by durga and Flum since they are all friends outside of the game.

BesharamSabi

#4203 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:19 am

I don't think there's much to think about why or who kill kgrey when you think about who was on scum team and their relationship with them. Maybe I'm missing something you're not seeing but it really does look like a meme kill

brainbomb

#4204 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:20 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:18 am
brainbomb wrote:
just some friendly advice sabi; youll probably want to research who killed kgray and why on n1
Wasn't it obviously the K mafia? Pretty sure it was a meme kill by durga and Flum since they are all friends outside of the game.
meme was on the ezic team
and since durga died the kalech team killed kgray

have you any proof bozo is kalech

BesharamSabi

#4205 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:20 am

celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:05 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:10 am
celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:20 am
@sabi why is it bozo's job to convince you to kill Damo first?
Because I scum read both and can't decide who to kill between both of them.

Also kgrey will be super happy to see you playing!

How have you been?
Cagey ray would probably have preferred to still be alive lol.

I've been enjoying the winter break with my family.
That is true.

I'm glad you are. I hope your trip went well!

BesharamSabi

#4206 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:22 am

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:20 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Meme kill as in a joke kill not literally captain meme.

I'm currentlt rereading but Flum interaction around bozo was off if you read Flum posts about bozo.

brainbomb

#4207 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:32 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:22 am
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:20 am
BesharamSabi wrote:

Meme kill as in a joke kill not literally captain meme.

I'm currentlt rereading but Flum interaction around bozo was off if you read Flum posts about bozo.
show and tell

TheFlyingBoat

#4208 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:35 am

One of the weirdest deaths to me was rdr's. What did he do all game that was memorable and warranted a target more than other people that day? If they were going for dangerous town folk I think there would be people higher up on the list than him. He had to have been going after someone in an increasingly aggressive fashion that caused some degree of fear. Originally my view was that it was Macca feeling the heat, but given everything else that happened(aka total bs) we know now that Macca was the most anti town town ever and can rule that out. The other major target for rdr was damo.

There are four possibilities here in my view. Either rdr was killed to frame damo, the dude died as part of a wild doctor shot, they just wanted to kill someone unsuspicious, or damo killed him. I think we can rule out the former almost entirely given that rdr was only mentioned 9 times after his death, a couple were expressing condolences for his death while the rest were about my scan of him. Only brain even discussed the meaning of his death ever, at all, and did so once before everyone moved on without discussing it. I can understand whoever scum is letting it sit through D4 but surely anyone who wanted damo dead to secure a scum win would have brought it up by now?

As for being the doctor, did rdr give any indication he was the doctor? Nothing about his play seemed that off to me. As for the killing the town read, surely the N3 kill was premature given how much more time there was in the game, that there were outed PRS, and the predictable activity comments that would be sure to rise.

But if you look at this comments in N3, the guy had drawn a bead on damo and wanted him dead.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:15 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:32 pm
Let's just recap Day 3. Fox claimed scan on meme, everyone piled on meme. Brain and Fox put out these arguments for meme potentially being town and damo accepts it at face value without commenting and starts wagoning with the sole purpose of finding Kolechian scum. If damo isn't opportunistic Ezic, I'm not sure what he is.
+1

I would not rule out Brain being Ezic, but Damo seems more likely. Maybe Bozo shoot him to at least end second lol.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:22 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:21 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:09 am

So as Ezic I mame my two teammates as Ezic in Bozo's survey? Would I do that? Of course not.

Would Durga bus me day one. Of course not.

Am i scum? Of course not.

Am I town? Of course I am.
At least for Durga did she bus you that hard? I mean she joined an early wagon with ghug but she basically argued that I should give up my wagon on you because it was going nowhere and jumped off of you with plenty of time to spare to move onto meme. Now to be fair at no point did she vote for Flum, so maybe she doesn't ever touch scum partners day 1 in meaningless votes, but somehow I doubt that and would need to look at past games to confirm. I'll probably do that later tonight my time.
This doesn't make sense. If Damo is Ezic Durga wasn't bussing him because she was Kolechian. Damo is just fabricating an argument, just not sure if it's towny or scummy.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:38 pm
Anyway, I will miss EON.

In case I die, which I find pretty not likely with PRs in the out and with the level of shading people are doing on me, but who knows. Please try to be objective.

Don´t follow Damo´s assumptions. Look at intention, look at votes, now "townslips" or "X will never buss" or bullshit like that. Also, if there is another scum dead tonight, I think a massclaim is probably the bast call for tomorrow.

If I die, kill the scummiest people (at this moment, its´s Damo to me). Don´t let Sabi be alive at milo/lilo. What all scum want is someone like them at the end and whoever start defending them is probably the last scum.

Peace.
These quotes could be good reason for damo not to go PR hunting and to instead take out a big threat to him.

damo666

#4209 Post by damo666 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:48 am

celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:02 am
On my initial skim of lfischl I missed that he claimed dayvig and worried that I was going to be Ezic. That should also give you a sense of how much I have been following which is not at all.

Looking at votes it seems that Bozo is voting Damo for his D2 ghug progression. Does everyone agree with that assessment?

@damo can you explain your brain vote?
Two out of brain, bozo and Sabi are scum but I really have no idea which 2. I had a theory that Bozo not voting brain made him town hence brain and Sabi are the guilty pair. I am now not so sure, mainly because Bozo has been a bit laid back since. Sabi is the townies of the three which would make it Bozo Brain.

I am going to switch to ##vote Bozo and see what happens.

It looks like I'm for the chop anyway which is a shame since then town will lose.

@Celaph please look at my voting record and see if it fits in with either scum team. I think you'll find it doesn't.

A fresh pair of eyes might find something of interest and I look forward to hearing your views.

Jamiet99uk

#4210 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:19 am

==== MINISTRY of ADMINISTRATION ====
+++++++ VOTE COUNT #5.5 +++++++

damo666 (4) - bozotheclown, brainbomb(END), Celaph, TheFlyingBoat
Bozotheclown (1) - damo666

Must vote: Besharamsabi

DAMO is at the top of the list.

12 hours and 41 minutes remain in Day 5
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

damo666

#4211 Post by damo666 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:42 am

I got half an hour left.

My vote will not change.

If I am killed town have lost.

damo666

#4212 Post by damo666 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:18 pm

Well played scum (although Macca did help you out).

bozotheclown

#4213 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:42 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:48 am
celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:02 am
On my initial skim of lfischl I missed that he claimed dayvig and worried that I was going to be Ezic. That should also give you a sense of how much I have been following which is not at all.

Looking at votes it seems that Bozo is voting Damo for his D2 ghug progression. Does everyone agree with that assessment?

@damo can you explain your brain vote?
Two out of brain, bozo and Sabi are scum but I really have no idea which 2. I had a theory that Bozo not voting brain made him town hence brain and Sabi are the guilty pair. I am now not so sure, mainly because Bozo has been a bit laid back since. Sabi is the townies of the three which would make it Bozo Brain.

I am going to switch to ##vote Bozo and see what happens.

It looks like I'm for the chop anyway which is a shame since then town will lose.

@Celaph please look at my voting record and see if it fits in with either scum team. I think you'll find it doesn't.

A fresh pair of eyes might find something of interest and I look forward to hearing your views.
I am confident you are one of the remaining mafia, so I am not going to try to get the vote changed.

bozotheclown

#4214 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:47 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:44 am
Thanks for the summary, BB.

Seems like there is very little pressure on Sabi atm. Take it that means that there is a general townread consensus on them. Lines up with my initial impressions of their D5.

Kinda sad not getting pressured tbh. Where is someone like Bona when you need him?
There are 2 mafia left, and I suspect BesharamSabi is the second, despite the fact they have done a very good job getting town read this game.

BesharamSabi

#4215 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:47 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:44 am
Thanks for the summary, BB.

Seems like there is very little pressure on Sabi atm. Take it that means that there is a general townread consensus on them. Lines up with my initial impressions of their D5.

Kinda sad not getting pressured tbh. Where is someone like Bona when you need him?
There are 2 mafia left, and I suspect BesharamSabi is the second, despite the fact they have done a very good job getting town read this game.
It's not me. Bozo you have also played with me in four games. Is there anything off with my behavior or posting? The whole case on me being scum was brainbomb theory that eden, who he thought was scum, was coaching me. A scum coaching scum.

Yes my activity dipped but if you follow along my real life stuff it matches my engagement.

brainbomb

#4216 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:00 pm

Damo sum up for me in bullet points what the key marks are against sabi.
What should I be considering

brainbomb

#4217 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:23 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:51 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:40 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:21 am

I’m only asking to refine your process. We’ll get to a meaningful answer. We’re going to be working together for a while this game, and you want to keep learning and growing as a player. There will be a lot of questions and you will be even better by the end of it 8-)
You used the word “contribute.” In the context of mafia, what does that mean to you? (I happen to think I did contribute, but I don’t think it’s in the way you meant.)

It’s up in the air. They need to keep town divided, but they also need to eliminate each other. Multiple-mafia games play meaningfully differently from regular mafia games, but you can still apply a lot of the same town lessons from previous games.
My instinct as scum last game was to act like I was going to teach Sabi how to play. ##VOTE Eden
Let's look at the history of people teaching me in my three games so far:

Snowy did it m70 while scum.
Bunny did it 1019 while scum.
Ghug and Deathllama both did it in 1020 while scum.

Is there a reason why scum target me to buddy by telling me they want to help me be a better player? Why is this a pattern? What is it about me that makes scum buddy me this way?
with this in mind do you feel any of the dead scum on either team did this to you?

and has damo or bozo done this to you?

brainbomb

#4218 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:31 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:43 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:11 am
Sabi, in your overnight reads list, you had:
2 null-scum
8 null
6 null-town

Given that there are 6 scum, then assuming your two null scum reads are indeed scum, 4 of your null reads would also be scum (or null-town reads).

If you were surprised Durga was scum and you listed her as null, who would NOT surprise you if they flipped scum? If your reads are true and your surprise is genuine, then you have a very inaccurate view of the gamestate right now
Hi Squigs,

I think my friendship with durga probably played into the fact I didn't think she would ever be scum. Out of the nulls, I probably had here in bottom half of expecting that from her.

who would NOT surprise you if they flipped scum

Well I mean I won't bring up snowy again for the 50th time. I think bozo or lfischl would not surprise me if they flipped to scum at this point. Both were [null-null] rated.

If I go by [null-town] rated I would be not surprise by Flum flipping scum. I am coming around to a few of yalls theorys on him. Durga being frustrated by his play seems like a teammate that was mad.
how has bozo changed for you since N1 when you wrote this

brainbomb

#4219 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:33 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:24 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:10 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:09 pm
I am here, apologies.

I am going to try to do some hunting this afternoon before EOD. Can someone update me on the Sabi case?
lack of involvement lots of excuses; always on every bandwagon. the questioning style of their game has vanished after day 1. outlandish anti town reactions to various scum flips especially the durga flip
Damn OK.

I think bozo and damo are the last two scum.

Bozo isn't being his usual self and damo isn't tunneling and kinda just following you. Weird budding move.

BesharamSabi

#4220 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:23 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:51 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:40 am

My instinct as scum last game was to act like I was going to teach Sabi how to play. ##VOTE Eden
Let's look at the history of people teaching me in my three games so far:

Snowy did it m70 while scum.
Bunny did it 1019 while scum.
Ghug and Deathllama both did it in 1020 while scum.

Is there a reason why scum target me to buddy by telling me they want to help me be a better player? Why is this a pattern? What is it about me that makes scum buddy me this way?
with this in mind do you feel any of the dead scum on either team did this to you?

and has damo or bozo done this to you?
Ghug a bit? But most of the scum kinda died by night 2 and I wasn't that active in day 2. Day 1 I really thought eden was buddying me (I was wrong since he's doc). Durga a little with critiquing how I was playing?

Damo didn't buddy me last game. Bozo is unable to buddy me if he tried because his vibes are robotic.