MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
captainmeme
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Karma: 648

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2001 Post by captainmeme » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 pm

If I live, kill kgray
3

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2002 Post by Durga » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 pm

This tension between Sabi and snowy is exhausting
3

BesharamSabi
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 4467

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2003 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:36 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 pm
This tension between Sabi and snowy is exhausting
I am also exhausted.

It's been like this since m70 and I dunno why he targets me of all people.
1

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2004 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 pm
This tension between Sabi and snowy is exhausting
It’s a match made in hell. Maybe they are on opposing scum teams and will shoot each other!
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2005 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:12 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:08 pm


Why do you think lfischl consciously made such an easily disprovable statement (presumably knowing he'd look bad for it)? There must have been a really good reason for it to be so blatant, no? Why is that a more compelling solution than the simpler explanation that lfischl was oblivious and typed something dumb?
I don't think it would be obvious that he would look bad for it, and as I said, my theory was that he was trying to subtly defend ghug.
But the headline here is "massive flake attempts clever ruse with stupid lie." That doesn't pass a basic sanity check.

The only benefit to your tenacity here is that you look towny for it.
Hard disagree with your last statement. Scum!bozo does what Durga accurately pointed out bozo is doing, which is find some scumread to push and just repeatedly dig his heals in, ignoring the fact that people are pointing out his flawed logic. Really think he's scum here.
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 9739
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 2988

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2006 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:38 pm

It is obviously hard to identify the mafia when no one has to try to fabricate reads, but the players who seem most town-like to me so far are BesharamSabi, PE/Squigs, TheFlyingBoat, Macca, damo, Durga, and Foxcastle. If I am right about all of these, there are 6 scum in the following 9: brainbomb, captainmeme, CV/snowy, Fluminator, ghug, kgray, lfischl, rdrivera, and Tom.
1

Foxcastle
Posts: 4995
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1327

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2007 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:39 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:12 pm


I don't think it would be obvious that he would look bad for it, and as I said, my theory was that he was trying to subtly defend ghug.
But the headline here is "massive flake attempts clever ruse with stupid lie." That doesn't pass a basic sanity check.

The only benefit to your tenacity here is that you look towny for it.
Hard disagree with your last statement. Scum!bozo does what Durga accurately pointed out bozo is doing, which is find some scumread to push and just repeatedly dig his heals in, ignoring the fact that people are pointing out his flawed logic. Really think he's scum here.
Except that I've seen him do it as town before, too.
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 9739
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 2988

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2008 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:40 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:33 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:03 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:58 pm
Bruh bozo you're obsessed with lfischl even though your theory about him and bona being teammates was wrong. People forget shit, what is scummy about that?
I said Bonatogether and lfischl being scum together was a possibility, I suspected lfischl for other reasons.

If you read the interactions between lfischl and ghug over lfischl's last 6 games, there is no way lfischl forgot he ever played with ghug. ghug is probably the only player who was in all 6 of those games. As a result, I suspect lfischl had some kind of motivation to make that statement.
What don't downplay it, you were pretty adamant that lfischl and bona could have been voting each other as teammates and used it as part of your justification for your lfischl scumread.
The was not the main reason I suspect lfischl, though.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2009 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:25 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:23 pm
id be down to kill squiggs tomorrow
What why. He's not even the best choice if we were going to kill a sub
because hes likely scum with sabi
forget killing ghug. brain, if i die, my last wish is that you trust me on my sabi townread and focus on finding other scumreads until at least d4.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2010 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:42 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:36 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 pm
This tension between Sabi and snowy is exhausting
I am also exhausted.

It's been like this since m70 and I dunno why he targets me of all people.
i mean..... you're going out of your way for it though? with that spreadsheet thing :?
1

bozotheclown
Posts: 9739
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 2988

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2011 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:43 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:12 pm


I don't think it would be obvious that he would look bad for it, and as I said, my theory was that he was trying to subtly defend ghug.
But the headline here is "massive flake attempts clever ruse with stupid lie." That doesn't pass a basic sanity check.

The only benefit to your tenacity here is that you look towny for it.
Hard disagree with your last statement. Scum!bozo does what Durga accurately pointed out bozo is doing, which is find some scumread to push and just repeatedly dig his heals in, ignoring the fact that people are pointing out his flawed logic. Really think he's scum here.
You haven't pointed out the flaw in my logic, and neither has lfischl. There are 6 scum out there though, so what 6 do you think are more likely to be scum than lfischl?
1

brainbomb
Posts: 17748
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2012 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:43 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:41 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:25 pm


What why. He's not even the best choice if we were going to kill a sub
because hes likely scum with sabi
forget killing ghug. brain, if i die, my last wish is that you trust me on my sabi townread and focus on finding other scumreads until at least d4.
ill probably be voting fluminator today anyway if im alive
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2013 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:44 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:39 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:17 pm


But the headline here is "massive flake attempts clever ruse with stupid lie." That doesn't pass a basic sanity check.

The only benefit to your tenacity here is that you look towny for it.
Hard disagree with your last statement. Scum!bozo does what Durga accurately pointed out bozo is doing, which is find some scumread to push and just repeatedly dig his heals in, ignoring the fact that people are pointing out his flawed logic. Really think he's scum here.
Except that I've seen him do it as town before, too.
Hmmm I feel like when he's town he's a lot more open to other people's points and doesn't get so stuck in a tunnel. He's stubborn but he considers other things as well.
1

Foxcastle
Posts: 4995
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1327

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2014 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:45 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:43 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:17 pm


But the headline here is "massive flake attempts clever ruse with stupid lie." That doesn't pass a basic sanity check.

The only benefit to your tenacity here is that you look towny for it.
Hard disagree with your last statement. Scum!bozo does what Durga accurately pointed out bozo is doing, which is find some scumread to push and just repeatedly dig his heals in, ignoring the fact that people are pointing out his flawed logic. Really think he's scum here.
You haven't pointed out the flaw in my logic, and neither has lfischl. There are 6 scum out there though, so what 6 do you think are more likely to be scum than lfischl?
No no, we've repeatedly pointed out the flaws in your logic. You can say that you disagree with us, but you can't say that we haven't explained why we think you're wrong.
2

Fluminator
Posts: 4056
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2859

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2015 Post by Fluminator » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:46 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 pm
This tension between Sabi and snowy is exhausting
It’s a match made in hell. Maybe they are on opposing scum teams and will shoot each other!
Could be scum theatre
1

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 2499

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2016 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:47 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:46 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 pm
This tension between Sabi and snowy is exhausting
It’s a match made in hell. Maybe they are on opposing scum teams and will shoot each other!
Could be scum theatre
It’s not. I’d be floored if they were scum teammates
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2017 Post by kgray » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:47 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:43 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:17 pm


But the headline here is "massive flake attempts clever ruse with stupid lie." That doesn't pass a basic sanity check.

The only benefit to your tenacity here is that you look towny for it.
Hard disagree with your last statement. Scum!bozo does what Durga accurately pointed out bozo is doing, which is find some scumread to push and just repeatedly dig his heals in, ignoring the fact that people are pointing out his flawed logic. Really think he's scum here.
You haven't pointed out the flaw in my logic, and neither has lfischl. There are 6 scum out there though, so what 6 do you think are more likely to be scum than lfischl?
What? I've repeatedly said that it made no sense for bona and lfischl to be voting together (and i don't care if it' wasn't the #1 reason you suspect him, you thought it was important enough to say multiple times). Plenty of other people have pointed out the flaw in your logic, I don't need to constantly repeat what they're saying. And you can't possibly think lfischl not pointing out flaws in your logic is scummy.

I have no idea if lfischl is scum, he very well could be. In fact he's in my POE. That's not my point with any of this. I've listed my reads, they haven't changed in the past few hours.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6242
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2215

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2018 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:49 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:12 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:08 pm


Why do you think lfischl consciously made such an easily disprovable statement (presumably knowing he'd look bad for it)? There must have been a really good reason for it to be so blatant, no? Why is that a more compelling solution than the simpler explanation that lfischl was oblivious and typed something dumb?
I don't think it would be obvious that he would look bad for it, and as I said, my theory was that he was trying to subtly defend ghug.
But the headline here is "massive flake attempts clever ruse with stupid lie." That doesn't pass a basic sanity check.

The only benefit to your tenacity here is that you look towny for it.
Bozo having only one scum read is scum Bozo.

If I die kill Bozo or Durga, they are the only one's that kill me N1.
1

Fluminator
Posts: 4056
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2859

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2019 Post by Fluminator » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:49 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:47 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:46 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 pm


It’s a match made in hell. Maybe they are on opposing scum teams and will shoot each other!
Could be scum theatre
It’s not. I’d be floored if they were scum teammates
Oh yeah, you weren't in that game
1

Foxcastle
Posts: 4995
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1327

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2020 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:51 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:49 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:12 pm


I don't think it would be obvious that he would look bad for it, and as I said, my theory was that he was trying to subtly defend ghug.
But the headline here is "massive flake attempts clever ruse with stupid lie." That doesn't pass a basic sanity check.

The only benefit to your tenacity here is that you look towny for it.
Bozo having only one scum read is scum Bozo.

If I die kill Bozo or Durga, they are the only one's that kill me N1.
Oh, Rdr got it!
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jamiet99uk and 4 guests