MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#201 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:33 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:29 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:27 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:25 am


My only defense is I used speech to text for everything after the first question mark, because I am cooking and did not read the message before hitting send. God that is embarrassing though.
did you feel like ghug was pressuring you here?
I felt like it was an appropriate response to an egregious mistake.
https://youtu.be/LwUWoMzuUsw

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#202 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:35 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:07 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:04 am
Put them in fewer words and I’ll read them more closely
I put it in two words. “UNVOTE Sabi.”
When lfischl asked for clarification, I put it in 13 words. “This vote increases my odds of voting for mafia from 0% to not-0%.”

Don’t put your sloppy attempt to look townie on me.
I submit that removing Eden is pro-town regardless of his alignment. I'm already exhausted.
only scum!ghug buddies me :cry:

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#203 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:35 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:23 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:17 am


explain?
? Eden and I went to rival university's and I like messing with the guy. Nothing much is known yet and it is as good of a place to park my vote as any before I am given reason to join a real wagon.
I didn't know there were any universities worse than Eden's, but here we are at "university's" and now I'm wondering.
sabi, take back your +1

if i don't get them, ghug sure as hell doesn't :x

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#204 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:37 am

I should feel ashamed moving my vote from foxcastle but his posts were feel good enough to be better than fools gold I suppose

BesharamSabi
Posts: 2646
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 4447

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#205 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:38 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:35 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:23 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 am


? Eden and I went to rival university's and I like messing with the guy. Nothing much is known yet and it is as good of a place to park my vote as any before I am given reason to join a real wagon.
I didn't know there were any universities worse than Eden's, but here we are at "university's" and now I'm wondering.
sabi, take back your +1

if i don't get them, ghug sure as hell doesn't :x
Shit that was out of reflex since I do love when people slander the flying boat man.

I have removed the +1. Just know I +1 in my mind on all posts slandering Bona, the flying boatman, and Eden.

Please don't punish me dictator gm Jamiet for this crime.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7663
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4792

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#206 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:40 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:37 am
I should feel ashamed moving my vote from foxcastle but his posts were feel good enough to be better than fools gold I suppose
i really liked fox's posts so far (with the exception of his ridiculous support of forbidding +1's, which is the scummiest thing i've seen so far). he seems natural and relaxed to me

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8401

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#207 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:31 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:15 am
Well I am sorry for being a tiny bit of wary (or vary) of it. Deathllama broke my brain last game so you can’t blame me for the slight sus of this.
Sure, and I don’t. I’m more annoyed with the laziness of other players who want their 25%-of-the-time-it-works-everytime heuristics to carry them instead of putting in the work. I didn’t townslip yet after all :-D
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:15 am
I guess I need to be better at reading between the lines when people are helping me to see if it fits mafia agenda or not.

Why are kgrey and G hug targeting you for helping me?
As I've reflected on it more, I would probably do this as either alignment, so who knows. It's more of a person than a role thing, I think.

I think the last part is more of a question for them, but I think they were being lazy and taking the easy heuristics. I mean ghug is literally employing the “X did Y -> I wouldn’t do Y in this situation -> I am town -> town wouldn’t do Y in this situation -> X is not town” heuristic that did so well last game. :lol: They’ll come around, or they won’t. I guess they’re both slightly above 6/16 to be mafia for it, so they’re not bad shots, but it’s early yet.
Ok Eden, I can acknowledge that I have a bias to think you suck at the outset of every game, but it's also on you to suck less. You say in two hundred words what you could say and 50, and this is now the second time you've been too busy looking behind you to pull more words out of your ass to notice that you're vote even correctly describing things you're putting forward as facr.

BesharamSabi
Posts: 2646
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 4447

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#208 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:37 am
I should feel ashamed moving my vote from foxcastle but his posts were feel good enough to be better than fools gold I suppose
HI brain bomb,

What posts of his gave you good vibes?

Just a quick glance all I see is him shit posting with Bona and nothing of substance coming from that. I guess shit posting is good vibes then? He really hasn't said anything noteworthy to me so I guess that's good he's staying unnoticeable?

Or is this just you pr hunting? Hmmm

captainmeme
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Karma: 638

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#209 Post by captainmeme » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 am

hello I have read up to page 6 and am posting this to remind myself that I've read up to page 6 when I wake up in the morning

assuming I can find this post

anyway anyone want to join my alliance? I'm accepting applications

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8401

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#210 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:48 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:35 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:07 am

I put it in two words. “UNVOTE Sabi.”
When lfischl asked for clarification, I put it in 13 words. “This vote increases my odds of voting for mafia from 0% to not-0%.”

Don’t put your sloppy attempt to look townie on me.
I submit that removing Eden is pro-town regardless of his alignment. I'm already exhausted.
only scum!ghug buddies me :cry:
This is demonstrably false. I'm always town.

President Eden
Posts: 4117
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 7417

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#211 Post by President Eden » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:31 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:15 am
Well I am sorry for being a tiny bit of wary (or vary) of it. Deathllama broke my brain last game so you can’t blame me for the slight sus of this.
Sure, and I don’t. I’m more annoyed with the laziness of other players who want their 25%-of-the-time-it-works-everytime heuristics to carry them instead of putting in the work. I didn’t townslip yet after all :-D
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:15 am
I guess I need to be better at reading between the lines when people are helping me to see if it fits mafia agenda or not.

Why are kgrey and G hug targeting you for helping me?
As I've reflected on it more, I would probably do this as either alignment, so who knows. It's more of a person than a role thing, I think.

I think the last part is more of a question for them, but I think they were being lazy and taking the easy heuristics. I mean ghug is literally employing the “X did Y -> I wouldn’t do Y in this situation -> I am town -> town wouldn’t do Y in this situation -> X is not town” heuristic that did so well last game. :lol: They’ll come around, or they won’t. I guess they’re both slightly above 6/16 to be mafia for it, so they’re not bad shots, but it’s early yet.
Ok Eden, I can acknowledge that I have a bias to think you suck at the outset of every game, but it’s also on you to suck less. You say in two hundred words what you could say and 50, and this is now the second time you’ve been too busy looking behind you to pull more words out of your ass to notice that you’re vote even correctly describing things you’re putting forward as facr.
What are you even talking about? And quit being so rude.

BesharamSabi
Posts: 2646
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 4447

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#212 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:52 am

Can we all just get along?

It's only been 4 hours and yall want to tear each other apart.

Let's all take a deep breath.

Its a long game so relax.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8401

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#213 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:55 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:31 am

Sure, and I don’t. I’m more annoyed with the laziness of other players who want their 25%-of-the-time-it-works-everytime heuristics to carry them instead of putting in the work. I didn’t townslip yet after all :-D


As I've reflected on it more, I would probably do this as either alignment, so who knows. It's more of a person than a role thing, I think.

I think the last part is more of a question for them, but I think they were being lazy and taking the easy heuristics. I mean ghug is literally employing the “X did Y -> I wouldn’t do Y in this situation -> I am town -> town wouldn’t do Y in this situation -> X is not town” heuristic that did so well last game. :lol: They’ll come around, or they won’t. I guess they’re both slightly above 6/16 to be mafia for it, so they’re not bad shots, but it’s early yet.
Ok Eden, I can acknowledge that I have a bias to think you suck at the outset of every game, but it’s also on you to suck less. You say in two hundred words what you could say and 50, and this is now the second time you’ve been too busy looking behind you to pull more words out of your ass to notice that you’re vote even correctly describing things you’re putting forward as facr.
What are you even talking about? And quit being so rude.
Now you know how it feels.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8401

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#214 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:57 am

Well, with 80% more typos than an average Eden post, so I guess now I know how TFB feels too.

President Eden
Posts: 4117
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 7417

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#215 Post by President Eden » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:58 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:55 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 am


Ok Eden, I can acknowledge that I have a bias to think you suck at the outset of every game, but it’s also on you to suck less. You say in two hundred words what you could say and 50, and this is now the second time you’ve been too busy looking behind you to pull more words out of your ass to notice that you’re vote even correctly describing things you’re putting forward as facr.
What are you even talking about? And quit being so rude.
Now you know how it feels.
Your payoff sentence wasn’t even grammatically correct. I genuinely haven’t got a clue what you’re saying. All I get from it is that you think it’s okay to be a fucking asshole for no reason.

I drew a townslip out of Sabi. What the fuck have you done this game?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8401

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#216 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:02 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:58 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:55 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 am

What are you even talking about? And quit being so rude.
Now you know how it feels.
Your payoff sentence wasn’t even grammatically correct. I genuinely haven’t got a clue what you’re saying. All I get from it is that you think it’s okay to be a fucking asshole for no reason.

I drew a townslip out of Sabi. What the fuck have you done this game?
1. If you're gonna be a dick, I'm gonna be a dick back.
2. If you're going to make fun of how stupid my logic is, maybe double check that the logic you're attributing to me is the logic I'm using. You've done it twice now.

BesharamSabi
Posts: 2646
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 4447

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#217 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:04 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:02 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:58 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:55 am


Now you know how it feels.
Your payoff sentence wasn’t even grammatically correct. I genuinely haven’t got a clue what you’re saying. All I get from it is that you think it’s okay to be a fucking asshole for no reason.

I drew a townslip out of Sabi. What the fuck have you done this game?
1. If you're gonna be a dick, I'm gonna be a dick back.
2. If you're going to make fun of how stupid my logic is, maybe double check that the logic you're attributing to me is the logic I'm using. You've done it twice now.
1. Can we stop the dick measuring contest. We get it you both have dicks. Neither of you did anything eegerious enough to warrant this type of reaction.

2. Everyone's logic sucks.

Take a breather.

President Eden
Posts: 4117
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 7417

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#218 Post by President Eden » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:08 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:02 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:58 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:55 am


Now you know how it feels.
Your payoff sentence wasn’t even grammatically correct. I genuinely haven’t got a clue what you’re saying. All I get from it is that you think it’s okay to be a fucking asshole for no reason.

I drew a townslip out of Sabi. What the fuck have you done this game?
1. If you’re gonna be a dick, I’m gonna be a dick back.
2. If you’re going to make fun of how stupid my logic is, maybe double check that the logic you’re attributing to me is the logic I’m using. You’ve done it twice now.
The record is quite clear that you instigated and escalated this. A third of your posts this game are personally attacking me. I was having a conversation with Sabi about improvement in the game and trying to understand their thought processes when you decided to inject yourself into it and call me tedious and say I suck. You are going out of your way to make the game as miserable as possible for me to play after I’ve asked to stop. You are everything wrong with this community.

BesharamSabi
Posts: 2646
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 4447

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#219 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 am

Since I have been too serious and I guess we need shit post to lighten up the mood:

What show or book or movie people have watched lately?

I'm catching up on insecure right now. I finished up burnt sugar book a few days ago. Going to watch Bendetta tomorrow. It's a French lesbian nuns historical movie.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8401

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#220 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:08 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:02 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:58 am

Your payoff sentence wasn’t even grammatically correct. I genuinely haven’t got a clue what you’re saying. All I get from it is that you think it’s okay to be a fucking asshole for no reason.

I drew a townslip out of Sabi. What the fuck have you done this game?
1. If you’re gonna be a dick, I’m gonna be a dick back.
2. If you’re going to make fun of how stupid my logic is, maybe double check that the logic you’re attributing to me is the logic I’m using. You’ve done it twice now.
The record is quite clear that you instigated and escalated this. A third of your posts this game are personally attacking me. I was having a conversation with Sabi about improvement in the game and trying to understand their thought processes when you decided to inject yourself into it and call me tedious and say I suck. You are going out of your way to make the game as miserable as possible for me to play after I’ve asked to stop. You are everything wrong with this community.
Jesus Christ. There's one post you can call a personal attack, and it was aggressive ribbing in response to you giving me shit. You've easily matched it now, so you really have no ground to stand on here.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests