Mafia 71 Sign-up thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Mafia 71 Sign-up thread

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:58 pm

==================
SETUP INFORMATION
==================

This setup can accommodate 16 to 21 players:

Setup for 16 players:

10 TOWN:
- 1 Inspector (Cop)
- 1 Doctor
- 1 Border Guard (Day Vigilante)
- 6 Vanilla Entrants (VTs)
- 1 Miller

3 members of the ORDER OF THE EZIC STAR:
- 1 Forger
- 1 Roleblocker
- 1 Ezic Agent (Goon)

3 KOLECHIAN TERRORISTS:
- 1 Enforcer (2x shot)
- 1 Bus Driver
- 1 Kolechian Agent (Goon)

Increasing the numbers adds roles as follows:

17 Players: Add one VT to town
18 Players: Add one Vanilla Cop and one Miller to town
19 Players: Add one Vanilla Cop to town, an EZIC traitor, and a Kolechian Suicide Bomber
20 Players: Add one Vanilla Cop and one VT to town, an EZIC traitor, and a Kolechian Suicide Bomber
21 Players: Add one Vanilla Cop, one VT, and one Miller to town, an EZIC traitor, and a Kolechian Suicide Bomber

=========
ROLE PMS:
=========

INSPECTOR (COP)
You are the Ministry of Admission Inspector at the Grestin border checkpoint. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night you may INSPECT a target by sending a PM to both GMs. If your inspection succeeds, you will learn if the target has VALID PAPERS (town) or INVALID PAPERS (Ezic or Terrorist). You are part of the town and you win when Ezic and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

DOCTOR
You are the Ministry of Health Medical Officer assigned to the Grestin border checkpoint. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night you may SAVE a target by sending a PM to both GMs. If your visit succeeds, you will heal the target from any attacks they suffer that night. They will be notified that they were saved from an attack. You may save yourself, but you may not visit the same person on two consecutive nights. You are part of the town and you win when Ezic and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

BORDER GUARD
You are a Ministry of Justice Border Guard assigned to the Grestin border checkpoint. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Once per game, during the DAY, you may SHOOT someone you believe to be an imminent threat to the security of Arstotzka, by sending a PM to both GMs. They will be killed as soon as the GM processes your order. You are part of the town and you win when Ezic and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

INVESTIGATOR (VANILLA COP)
You are a Special Investigator in the East Grestin Division of the Office of Investigation. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night you may INSPECT a target by sending a PM to both GMs. If your inspection succeeds, you will learn if the target is VANILLA or NOT VANILLA. You are part of the town and you win when Ezic and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

MILLER
You are a law-abiding traveller hoping to transit through the Grestin border checkpoint, confident that your papers are in order. Each day you must vote for a suspect. You are part of the town and you win when Ezic and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

VANILLA ENTRANT
You are a law-abiding traveller hoping to transit through the Grestin border checkpoint, confident that your papers are in order. Each day you must vote for a suspect. You are part of the town and you win when Ezic and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

FORGER
You are a loyal member of the Order of the Ezic Star with special experience in creating forged documents and convincing-looking official paperwork. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night you may VISIT a target and change their paperwork. If that player is investigated the same night by the Cop or Vanilla Cop, the opposite result to the truth will be obtained. You are part of EZIC and you win when the Town and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening. At night you may converse with your partners in a special chatroom which will be provided seperately.

ROLEBLOCKER
You are a loyal member of the Order of the Ezic Star with special experience in intelligence and counter-intelligence operations. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night you may ROLEBLOCK a target. If your visit is successful, they will be prevented from You are part of EZIC and you win when the Town and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening. At night you may converse with your partners in a special chatroom which will be provided seperately.

EZIC AGENT
You are a loyal member of the Order of the Ezic Star. Each day you must vote for a suspect. You are part of EZIC and you win when the Town and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening. At night you may converse with your partners in a special chatroom which will be provided seperately.

EZIC TRAITOR
You are a supporter of the Order of the Ezic Star, determined to overthrow the Government of Arstotzka. You know that the other members of the EZIC cell in East Grestin are <NAMES>, but they are not aware of your identity. Each day you must vote for a suspect. You are part of EZIC and you win when the Town and the Kolechian Terrorsts are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening. If EZIC targets you at night, you can gain access to a special chatroom which will be provided at the time.

KOLECHIAN ENFORCER
You are a fanatical member of the People's Front of Kolechia. Down with these Arstotzkan scum! Each day you must vote for a suspect. Twice per game, at night, you may use your power to carry out the NightKill for your team. If you are successful in visiting the target, they will automatically fail in any actions they tried to perform that night. You are part of the Kolechian People's Front and you win when the Town and those EZIC weirdos are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening. At night you may converse with your partners in a special chatroom which will be provided seperately.

KOLECHIAN BUS DRIVER
You are a fanatical member of the People's Front of Kolechia. Down with these Arstotzkan scum! Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night you may target two people. If you are successful in visiting the targets, they will be switched around, so that any night actions targeting A are directed onto B, and vice versa. You are part of the Kolechian People's Front and you win when the Town and those EZIC weirdos are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening. At night you may converse with your partners in a special chatroom which will be provided seperately.

KOLECHIAN AGENT
You are a fanatical member of the People's Front of Kolechia. Down with these Arstotzkan scum! Each day you must vote for a suspect. You are part of the Kolechian People's Front and you win when the Town and those EZIC weirdos are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening. At night you may converse with your partners in a special chatroom which will be provided seperately.

KOLECHIAN SUICIDE BOMBER
You are a fanatical member of the People's Front of Kolechia. Down with these Arstotzkan scum! Each day you must vote for a suspect. Once per game, during the DAY, you may target any other living player. Both you and your target will die in a righteous explosion that somehow furthers the Kolechian cause. In addition, however, if you are targeted by the Inspector, Investigator, or the Roleblocker, you will dentonate your explosive vest immediately and kill them too. You are part of the Kolechian People's Front and you win when the Town and those EZIC weirdos are eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening. At night you may converse with your partners in a special chatroom which will be provided seperately.

==========================
INVESTIGATION RESULTS PMs:
==========================

Cop:
i) Your inspection reveals your target has VALID papers.
ii) Your inspection reveals your target has INVALID papers.
iii) During the night, you were roleblocked, and were unable to inspect anyone's papers.

Vanilla Cop:
i) Your inspection reveals your target has special documents and is NOT VANILLA.
ii) Your inspection reveals nothing out of the ordinary; the target is VANILLA.
iii) During the night, you were roleblocked, and were unable to inspect anyone's papers.

=======================
Order of Night Actions:
=======================
1. Enforcer Rolestop / Roleblock
2. Bus Driver swapsies
3. Forgery
4. Investigations
5. Killing
6. Doc Save

Note there are some important points of interaction between the Kolechian Enforcer and the Ezic Roleblocker, as follows:

- The Enforcer's power can be roleblocked, but if the Enforcer is killing the Roleblocker with their power, the Rolestop from the Enforcer takes precedence.
- Thus:
- If the Enforcer targets the Roleblocker, the Roleblocker will die and whoever the Roleblocker targeted will not be roleblocked (even if it was the Enforcer)
- If the Enforcer targets someone else and the Roleblocker blocks the Enforcer, the Enforcer will be roleblocked, the kill will fail, but they will not use up a shot.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 71 Sign-up thread

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:00 pm

^ Note that the Miller is not self-aware, and therefore receives a standard VT PM. The Miller flips accurately on death. However, if investigated by the Cop, the Miller appears to have INVALID PAPERS, and if investigated by the Vanilla Cop, the Miller appears to be NOT VANILLA.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3 Post by Chaqa » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:02 pm

What's the planned start date?

Jamiet99uk

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:04 pm

The game is provisionally scheduled to start on 16th December.

Turns will process at 11pm, UK time, which is 6pm in New York, 3pm in Denver, or 1am in Minsk.

Jamiet99uk

#5 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:05 pm

If you want play, add name:

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

Jamiet99uk

#6 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:04 pm

Turns will process at 11pm, UK time, which is 6pm in New York, 3pm in Denver, or 1am in Minsk.
Note: This start date is scheduled on the basis that I am due to be in London for work Monday - Wednesday next week. However a change to the UK's Covid rules has been announced this evening, and therefore my work trip may be cancelled. In that case we might start earlier. I will keep you informed.

Jamiet99uk

#7 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Note: If there are 20 or 21 players, the ENFORCER will have 3x shots, rather than 2x.

BesharamSabi

#8 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:05 pm
If you want play, add name:

1. Sabi (first)

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

Foxcastle

#9 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:36 pm

I don't think I have ever played in a game with two mafia teams. This possibly means that I will have to design an entirely new spreadsheet to solve the game.

But sure, I'm in.

worcej

#10 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:10 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:36 pm
I don't think I have ever played in a game with two mafia teams. This possibly means that I will have to design an entirely new spreadsheet to solve the game.

But sure, I'm in.
We had the one based on Firefly that had the reapers and the agency (or w/e they were called)

Foxcastle

#11 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:10 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

But sure, I'm in.
We had the one based on Firefly that had the reapers and the agency (or w/e they were called)
Oh, right, I was in that game, even.

Jamiet99uk

#12 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:44 pm

Foxcastle wrote:

But sure, I'm in.
I have run two, and played in at least one, but it is quite unusual in webDip.

Jamiet99uk

#13 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:44 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:25 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:10 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

But sure, I'm in.
Oh, right, I was in that game, even.
Ah well, there you go.

Jamiet99uk

#14 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:45 pm

1. BesharamSabi
2. Foxcastle

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#15 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:01 pm

You can put me as a sub. I just got a new gaming PC, I'm not sure I like this particular setup, and it looks like it could run into Christmas. Plus I still need to update the unofficial webdip mafia scoresheet spreadsheet thing

Bonatogether

#16 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:21 pm

1. BesharamSabi
2. Foxcastle
3. bonatogether

didn't read the setup

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

8-) 8-) 8-)

aarodactyl

#17 Post by aarodactyl » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:31 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:

I was going to sign up but I got confused about why there would be a 3 hour time difference between New York and Denver, so I think I'm going to have to skip this one.

brainbomb

#18 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:37 pm

Hark the herald angels sing
glory to the new born king
peace and earth and all that other stuff
and lyrics
and fanfare
whatnot

I shall play /in this

Durga

#19 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:37 pm

I'm in. But I am going on holiday from the 24 - 29.

https://youtu.be/_06iJrd0IbY

BesharamSabi

#20 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:38 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:31 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I was going to sign up but I got confused about why there would be a 3 hour time difference between New York and Denver, so I think I'm going to have to skip this one.
Aaro I swear to God you have to play or I'm putting you in jail