M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2381 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:40 pm

On topic of reads of players I will post my updated reads of players based off day 2 by the end of real life day since I will be busy tomorrow packing and I will be at the airport for EON tomorrow in case yall want to scum read my absence tomorrow.

I'm going to FL so I can send yall my flight details in case you need proof. : )

Bonatogether

#2382 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:41 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:32 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:28 pm
i think it's relatively clear that bozo the clown is scum
Relative to what?
previously

DeathLlama8

#2383 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:43 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:40 pm
I'm going to FL so I can send yall my flight details in case you need proof. : )
yeah I'm going to need your ticket and also your ID to verify this

Bonatogether

#2384 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:27 am

why is thread dead? eod was informative

DeathLlama8

#2385 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:45 am

gotta grind
will analyze eod before d3 starts (and I probably also owe snowy a ghug reread eventually)

DeathLlama8

#2386 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:46 am

i also want to reread eod1 knowing snowy was town but that might have to wait

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2387 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:32 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:27 am
why is thread dead? eod was informative
Watching wheel of time. Hope to post before I got to bed tho

DeathLlama8

#2388 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:56 am

okay where is everyone else though

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2389 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:31 am

RIP snowy

See y'all in the morning.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2390 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:41 am

Question: What evidence supports or rejects the idea that bozo and sabi are scummates?

Let's start by looking at Bozo and his reads/posts about Sabi:
Day 1 - nothing in regards to Sabi's alignment.
Night 1 - this post that puts Sabi as town
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:42 am
I think Bonatogether vs. Squigs and BesharamSabi vs. worcej were both likely town vs. town. If this is correct, the mafia (probably 3) are in celaph, damo, DeathLlama, foodcoats, ghug, Jamie, and snowy.
Day 2 - Made a post that tangentially affirms the townread of Sabi, but nothing explicit

From Bozo's posts, there really isn't anything interesting here. But now let us look at Sabi:
Day 1 - Here is an excerpt from Sabi's 4 part essay:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:44 pm
You only have four post so it's rather difficult to read you. If you could stop lurking and expand on your vote on Squigs and not voting for the other two people you suspect and the reasoning behind all of this it would be greatly appreciated.
And after Jamie votes for Bozo we have our first sus post:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:07 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:52 pm
##Vote Bozotheclown
HI Jamiet, I'm back at it asking for explanation for this vote to help my analysis.

Why are you voting for bozo and what caused this? What does bozo need to do to get the sus off of him for you? Thank you ahead of time.
Why does Sabi need to know what Bozo should do to get Jamie to stop voting him?

Sabi also makes several posts throughout day 1 such as this excerpt:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:15 am
Wish bozo had more posts that weren't so vague.
This could potentially be Sabi asking scummate Bozo to put more effort into the game since he was being voted and scumread during this time.

Another day 1 post where Sabi defends Bozo:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:23 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:00 pm
I'd rather have Bozo that Worcej

##Vote Bozo
What makes bozo more scum/weaker town player than worcej? Bozo atleast has made comments about the game and has voted several times that weren't joke votes like worcej.

Maybe I'm missing something about bozo that you and food can see that I can't. Worcej just seems worse to me I dunno.
Here is Sabi's first actual read of Bozo:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:31 pm
I need to think about their further, I doubt bozo is scum so I don't think he was a bus. Mafia got vibes that bozo wagon wasn't viable and it would be weird and off to cause a counter wagon to worcej wagon? But then again your right they could want us to miskill.
And final excerpt from day 1:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:10 pm
I think bozo should live a day. If his day 2 is like this even after his explanation and word then yea we hammer him.
So between Sabi giving Bozo that townread and the EoD, Bozo doesn't make a single post. And yet when Sabi gives Night 1 reads, Sabi suddenly has a scumread of Bozo:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:59 pm
Bozotheclown:
Scumlean. Barely active and leaves weird one liners. Tried to appeal to emotion with with his claim that he was busy in day one and will be active following that seemed like a cheap act looking back at it now. He said he would be back before EOD and he wasn't. I would not mind wagoning him day 2 if he continues to be low engagement. He's a town liability if he is town.
Potentially scum Sabi was instructed in scumchat to stop defending Bozo, so Sabi switched view on Bozo. Town Sabi could have just ran out of patience.

Now day 2, when Sabi was less active. The first interaction we get is Sabi responding to a Bozo post and including this:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:17 am
I'm glad you are active again. Happy to see you engaging and what not.
Throughout most of day 2, doesn't really update their read on Bozo, but has an interaction or two, like this post containing questions.

Halfway through day 2 gives a scumteam, which includes Bozo:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:10 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:59 pm
@Sabi with all your questionning/hunting what is your best guess at the scumteam then?
Hmm basing off what my notes are saying:

Snowy damo bozo squigs is my best guess for the maximum of four scum.

Reasoning behind it I have seen Squigs argue and interact with most people except not much with snowy.

Snowy kept defending damo/bozo.

Foods might have a point about bozo trying to ATE us on day 1 to live another day as scum.

Snowy because I feel like he's trying to buddy me like in m70.

Squigs is the least scumread one because I keep flipping between scum and null with them.
And late in day 2 gives this post (included for context):
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:37 pm
Snowy = my highest of scum reads, keeps making excuses for inactiveness,tried to ATE us with that long winded post, his strategy in day one makes no sense, has tried to buddy me a lot which is giving me m70 vibes.

Damo = one of my other strong scum reads. I have explained this before but I could be biased in my scum read of him.

G hug = I actually don't want to vote for you but when I was making the post it seemed like a wagon was beginning to form but yea I don't read you as scum.
Followed by this post:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:18 pm
Bozo has been making more of an effort than the other two. Has been engaging more.
Now here is the real kicker for me:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:02 pm
Fine fine fine, time to decide between bozo or snowy.

This is so hard.

Ugh I hate this.

Whatever I will do the vote thingy.

##VOTE snowy
Given the re-read I have made on Sabi, Sabi made it pretty clear that Snowy was their top scumread (confirmed in this N2 post), preferred over Bozo. So why does this post include the theatrics of a public agonizing over this decision? To me, this looks like scum Sabi voting for Snowy (putting that wagon at 4 to tie the bozo wagon) but knowing that after Bozo and Snowy flip as TvS this is going to look bad, so they are trying to give themselves better optics by saying I was really agonizing over the decision. I don't see any reason for town Sabi to make a post in this fashion given the reads they had given up to this point.

And then of course after Snowy flips we get this post:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:08 pm
So we can't afford anymore miskills.

We, including myself in this, suck as town.

I'm sorry snowy but you were a pretty bad town and selfish strategy in day one cost the town the game. Never do that strategy aagain. Like what were you thinking there???
Which also feels fake and scum theater trying to soften the miskill that Sabi was just a major part of.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2391 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:44 am

Tl;dr for those who don't like reading:
Sabi made two posts (included below) that feel like fake scum theater. This, plus Sabi making a couple posts defending Bozo early on, then a sudden change to scumreading Bozo (but not a top scumread) suggest a possible Sabi/Bozo scumpair.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:02 pm
Fine fine fine, time to decide between bozo or snowy.

This is so hard.

Ugh I hate this.

Whatever I will do the vote thingy.

##VOTE snowy
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:08 pm
So we can't afford anymore miskills.

We, including myself in this, suck as town.

I'm sorry snowy but you were a pretty bad town and selfish strategy in day one cost the town the game. Never do that strategy aagain. Like what were you thinking there???

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2392 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 am

Now I just need people I trust to tell me if I am tinfoiling or actually onto something

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2393 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:52 am

This is the best part of the game, cause scum start to get tired and slip up and town finally have enough info to start putting pieces together and solve.

BesharamSabi

#2394 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:01 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 am
Now I just need people I trust to tell me if I am tinfoiling or actually onto something
I mean if it makes you happy keep doing this and try to make this a solid wagon because town can't afford another miskill.

You also conviently missed post of me asking bozo to put in effort or he would be a day two kill. You literally ignored me saying he was using ATE to avoid being wagoned in day 1.

The posts you chose are cherry picked at best to make me look worse. Nice strategy. Glad you read through all 250 posts and ignored the ones I did mention.

Interesting choices Squigs.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2395 Post by ghug » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:05 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:01 am
Squigs44 wrote:
I mean if it makes you happy keep doing this and try to make this a solid wagon because town can't afford another miskill.

You also conviently missed post of me asking bozo to put in effort or he would be a day two kill. You literally ignored me saying he was using ATE to avoid being wagoned in day 1.

The posts you chose are cherry picked at best to make me look worse. Nice strategy. Glad you read through all 250 posts and ignored the ones I did mention.

I don't but his case or think you're scum but this post is gross.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2396 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:19 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

For the ATE thing, can you link that post? A ctrl+f of ATE finds this post which I included, and a post where you used it in reference to Snowy.

For the part where you said Bozo would be a kill if he didn't put in effort I included this post and this post, which both cover that. I'm not sure if you missed those or you were referring to something else and I'm misunderstanding?

I couldn't include every single post you've made (it's already larger than I want it to be), but I tried to include any post I thought was relevant to the progression of your Bozo relationship. I used ctrl+f with "Bozo", I didn't read all 17000 words you've written so far, so it's possible something didn't get caught by that as well

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2397 Post by ghug » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:22 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:05 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

Buy*

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2398 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:23 am

ghug wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

Okay, so thats more of a "tinfoil" than "onto something" from you, ghug? Usually when I make these long cases I have confirmation bias goggles, but I like to revisit a townread of mine when I see something that pings me otherwise to keep myself from getting complacent.

BesharamSabi

#2399 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 am

Anyway I am going to go do my day two reads after I posts the post that my dear friend Squigs neglected to cherry pick.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:55 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:46 pm
@Sabi
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:53 pm
Other questions you could answer:
Who in the game do you think is most deserving of the title "useless town". Someone who isn't really helping but is probably not mafia.

How should we deal with the lurkers?

If you had to flip one person right now purely for info and not alignment, whose flip do you think gives the most info?
how should we deal with lurkers?

I think keep sending them more and more questions to force them to engage. If that doesn't work then start flash wagons and see if that gets them to post. If that also fails then try to hammer them because at that point they are wasting everyone's time and hurting town chances because they don't want to put in the effort.

If you had to flip one person right now purely for info and not alignment, whose flip do you think gives the most info?

At this point it would be either of the two lurkers (bozo and bo). They haven't engaged in this game or said anything of note. I'm sorry for repeatedly tunneling on this but why did bo do that invalid vote. I do get scummy vibes from that action so yes I'm concerned about it. Also bozo, it would be cool if yiu had more than four post that weren't just and cryptic.

What about yourself? What are your answers for these questions?

Here I am saying we should flip two of the lurkers on day one for info.

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:10 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:59 pm
@Sabi with all your questionning/hunting what is your best guess at the scumteam then?
Hmm basing off what my notes are saying:

Snowy damo bozo squigs is my best guess for the maximum of four scum.

Reasoning behind it I have seen Squigs argue and interact with most people except not much with snowy.

Snowy kept defending damo/bozo.

Foods might have a point about bozo trying to ATE us on day 1 to live another day as scum.

Snowy because I feel like he's trying to buddy me like in m70.

Squigs is the least scumread one because I keep flipping between scum and null with them.

Ahh here I am talking about bozo being sus especially after reading foodcoats posts about him hmmm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:52 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:46 pm
To answer your questions, Sabi:
food is my biggest drop.
I disagree with damo's opinion on you.
Probably snowy, bona, bozo, maybe food or celaph.
food is my biggest drop.

I won't try to rehash your argument with food so I won't bother asking what caused the drop in opinion on him.

Probably snowy, bona, bozo, maybe food or celaph

I do agree with Bona, bozo, snowy, and celaph need to contribute more in day 2 or else. What do either of these people have to do with to avoid being wagoned/prove they are valuable to town?

Look at this me giving a list of people that nerd go contribute more or face being voted off and I'm also asking ghug what do these people have to do to be more valuable to town. Wow who would have guessed that was scummy of me.

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:59 pm
Anyway I guess I will make a standalone player reads post for my thoughts from day one:

Bonatogether:
Null. Like I have said before that I am unable to read Bona I mean it. He very much seems normal Bona. I have no experience with scum Bona so I can't compare the two. His anger with Squigs putting pressure on him at EOD seemed natural and justified. He did provide interesting post from Squigs that backed up his sus on them. Maybe that interaction was scum theater?

Bozotheclown:
Scumlean. Barely active and leaves weird one liners. Tried to appeal to emotion with with his claim that he was busy in day one and will be active following that seemed like a cheap act looking back at it now. He said he would be back before EOD and he wasn't. I would not mind wagoning him day 2 if he continues to be low engagement. He's a town liability if he is town.

Celaph:
Null. Barely around but like Bona could be due to school. Due to being barely around and sporadic engagement it's hard for me to get a read on them. We haven't really seen how they reacted when under pressure. Need to keep an eye on their posts. Since it's the weekend I hope they are more active. They are a town liability if they are town.

Damo666:
Scumlean. Besides his obsession on me, he's been low engagement this game. He hasn't actively scumhunted anyone. His pressure on me was laughably weak. Want him to be a lot more vocal about his reads.

<snip snips>

Snowy801:
Scumlean. Like I said before his aloofness and inability to expand on his thoughts is annoying and makes it hard to read him as town. He's either being the weakest town player or scum. If he doesn't start sharing his thoughts and analysis on player I don't mind wagoning him day 2 because if he's town he's a liability.

Squigs44:
Null. I read him as town earlier in the game but the way they acted in EOD is making me want to reread him and keep a closer eye on them. Not scum or town vibes. Just need more time on this one I think.

Here I am laying down my reasoning on who to vote for based off their day 2 activity between bozo, snowy and a few others.

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:06 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:59 pm
Played mafia for 1 hour.
And in that time you have contributed a great deal more than Bozo has.

##Unvote

Would vote Bozo, would vote Snowy.
Has worcej contributed more this hour? All he has done was say I was wrong, too busy for mafia and made a weak counter wagon to his own. His analysis and reads on players have no explanation and pretty shallow. Straight up saying meta for his town reads is odd to me.

I think bozo should live a day. If his day 2 is like this even after his explanation and word then yea we hammer him.

What made you change your mind on snowy? What do you think of worcej attempt at making a counter wagon to his own? How about his reaction to his own wagon?

Once again here I am explaining that I would hammer bozo if he didn't engage with the game more. Super sus of me am I right.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2400 Post by ghug » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:23 am
ghug wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Okay, so thats more of a "tinfoil" than "onto something" from you, ghug? Usually when I make these long cases I have confirmation bias goggles, but I like to revisit a townread of mine when I see something that pings me otherwise to keep myself from getting complacent.
So you townread Sabi going into the reread and changed your mind in the process? What caused you to look at their connections with bozo specifically?