M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1781 Post by snowy801 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:01 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:53 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:23 pm

What about D1 EOD makes you suspect DeathLlama?
edit: this became a whole thing

he voted me despite 'having trouble getting signal from high posters like snowy/ghug/bona in general' (his stated reason was 'it's weird that bona is gone actually'/'even when he was around yesterday he kinda just stopped progressing reads in the last few hours')

he also interacts a ton with snowy but has never put out a read on him throughout d1. In his VCA post n1, he hedges a townread ('snowy better', 'snowy has positive signal [but thing] which weakens this a little')

he also never mentions sqoogs, except tangentially.

also why make this post? it's so strange because it's 20 minutes after his previous post, which means that he's really just popping in and saying this, but why is this the thing you want to emphasize?
Assuming you are town, why do you think DeathLlama would move his vote back and forth between you and bo_sox as mafia?
Also requesting clarification: what is the green text here referencing here? Is it "it's weird that bona is gone actually"?

BesharamSabi

#1782 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:01 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:53 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:47 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:55 pm
Did we get a clear answer from Eden about how many scum are here?

If not (which is what I think, although I might have missed it)

Some folk doing math on lylo assuming one number or the other might be worth a look.
Woah Woah woah

Well what did Eden tell you was the number of scum? I'm sure he disclosed this to yiu right?

Is this a townslip? Or a fake townslip? Because it would have been told to you when you received the role pm.

Is dargo known for this meta wise @ everyone?
woah woah woah?

My understanding is that there was an unsure number given to us.
Not a townslip... why would it be?

My reason for bringing it up is that i recalled someone making math predictions, which would be difficult since we do not know how many.

Why is this offputting?
Well it is a townslip to not know the number, I'm wondering if this is a real or fake townslip.

I was just under the assumption you would know the amount due to being in the council or just know off hand from Eden before you were asked to sub into this game.

I am sorry if this is a reach. I just dunno how much of the set up Eden told you before you were considered to be in this game.

bozotheclown

#1783 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:03 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:52 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Woah Woah woah

Well what did Eden tell you was the number of scum? I'm sure he disclosed this to yiu right?

Is this a townslip? Or a fake townslip? Because it would have been told to you when you received the role pm.

Is dargo known for this meta wise @ everyone?
Why do you think dargorygel would have been directly informed about the number of mafia if he is town?
I assumed due to being in the council the number of scum would have been disclosed to him by Eden? Even if not disclosed to the council, would Eden disclose this to dargo before he ever got replaced in the game?

At least that's my assumption but I guess I could be wrong and just clutching at straws here. So just ignore me if this is all a reach.
That is a good point, but I do not think 1000 series games are cleared.

snowy801

#1784 Post by snowy801 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:04 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:03 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:52 pm

Why do you think dargorygel would have been directly informed about the number of mafia if he is town?
I assumed due to being in the council the number of scum would have been disclosed to him by Eden? Even if not disclosed to the council, would Eden disclose this to dargo before he ever got replaced in the game?

At least that's my assumption but I guess I could be wrong and just clutching at straws here. So just ignore me if this is all a reach.
That is a good point, but I do not think 1000 series games are cleared.
If we did we (hopefully) never would've gotten M1017

bozotheclown

#1785 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:04 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

he voted me despite 'having trouble getting signal from high posters like snowy/ghug/bona in general' (his stated reason was 'it's weird that bona is gone actually'/'even when he was around yesterday he kinda just stopped progressing reads in the last few hours')

he also interacts a ton with snowy but has never put out a read on him throughout d1. In his VCA post n1, he hedges a townread ('snowy better', 'snowy has positive signal [but thing] which weakens this a little')

also why make this post? it's so strange because it's 20 minutes after his previous post, which means that he's really just popping in and saying this, but why is this the thing you want to emphasize?
Assuming you are town, why do you think DeathLlama would move his vote back and forth between you and bo_sox as mafia?
Also requesting clarification: what is the green text here referencing here? Is it "it's weird that bona is gone actually"?
It is a link.

Bonatogether

#1786 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:06 pm

snowy801 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

it's a link :eyeroll:

BesharamSabi

#1787 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:09 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:51 pm
Partial answer to sabi
A) I tend have good ‘reads’ early on. I do not announce them early on. But then I look for connections between those reads. I have a yellow legal pad usually with names and arrows and squiggly lines.

I also usually look for those wonderful amazing scumslips and pounce on them.

In general, though, I am not a front line mafscum hunter. I tend more towards attempting to analyze others’ huntings.
B) I thought Bo was scum… I was wrong. I also had ghug high on my list, he has slid down. Mostly because of his reactions to people pushing a bit on him.
C) Too early to be a useful question… all that is gold does not glitter. I expect more from bozo, but into this morning he’s been absent.
Thank you for responding to my questions dargo!

I tend more towards attempting to analyze others’ huntings

This is an interesting tactic, I like it alot. I may or may not study this after the game is over.

So far in this game which scumhunter hunting would you like to analyze the most and why?

Mostly because of his reactions to people pushing a bit on him.

Could you point out what reactions of ghug made you reconsider him as scum? I want to see you thought process behind this. Thank you!

Sidenote I missed my 1,000th post so I'm sad about this. : (

celaph

#1788 Post by celaph » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:10 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:30 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:04 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:38 am

I think in principle I'm okay with this ideology, but I'm not sure Snowy has provided us the results or reads needed to back this up as an excuse.

I'm not sure he deserves a free pass when he still has reads like this:

Still elusive Snowy, but getting better
I've gotta admit I'm kinda buying it.
Just to clarify, is this you saying you think Snowy is town?
Having seen Vecna pull off a similar strategy to what Snowy is claiming to do, I think Snowy has put forth a plausible argument for his scumminess D1. As you highlighted earlier, he still has to do all the work to get townread, this shouldn't be/isn't an excuse to get out of that. If Snowy can town himself then I think it's a fine play and part of the reason why I moved off his wagon yesterday is that people seemed to be indicating a belief that he was a good enough town to make this work. To be clear, I don't townread Snowy rn, but my mind is more open to the possibility than it was before.

bozotheclown

#1789 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:10 pm

snowy801 wrote:
bozo how do you feel about the people who wanted to vote you out d1 for not being around and making excuses?
I now believe foodcoats was town.

damo voting for me was questionable, but not necessarily scum indicative by itself (I still suspect damo as scum).

Jamie always votes for me D1 whether he is town or scum, my guess is Jamie is town this time.

snowy801

#1790 Post by snowy801 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:32 pm
Oh wait here it is.
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am
q: why did you push bo_sox yesterday?
a: eh, I wasn't really feeling it but I did sort of not really scum read him and wanted to see how it would end up. The wagon around bona was tremendously interesting and I wanted to see how it would lie down.
This is a shit answer and only addresses half the question.

The whole question was, why did you go from telling Ghug to fuck his list (that had Bo on it) on Page 61, to voting Bo and pushing his wagon by page 64-65?

That was the question and you've only addressed the second part of it.

Even to the extent you've given an answer, saying you "weren't feeling it", and "didn't really scumread him" is an awful explanation for not only voting but encouraging others to join the Bo wagon.

You were the main architect of a wagon on town that you didn't even believe was scum.

You are scum.
Jamiet I can't hold your hand forever every time you roll town
One day you have to try out this reading comprehension thing, it's a blast

"fuck the b-line" clearly did not mean that I town read the b-line or disagree with ghug. Others were capable of perceiving this. How long have you been playing mafia again?

I half thought bo might be scum. I wasn't really tiptoeing the topic. You're the one who didn't want to give me ghug, and while your failure to get anything right is something I've learned to just live with I can hardly be blamed for your and others' failures to have any semblance of a clue

I'm not a miracle worker

snowy801

#1791 Post by snowy801 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:14 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:10 pm
snowy801 wrote:
bozo how do you feel about the people who wanted to vote you out d1 for not being around and making excuses?
lul

BesharamSabi

#1792 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:16 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

damo voting for me was questionable, but not necessarily scum indicative by itself (I still suspect damo as scum).

Jamie always votes for me D1 whether he is town or scum, my guess is Jamie is town this time.
HI bozo, now it's my turn for questions for you hehe.

damo voting for me was questionable, but not necessarily scum indicative by itself

Why do you think it's not scum indicative of him to vote for you but then you say you suspect him of being scum anyway? Could you expand on that logic behind that for me.

my guess is Jamie is town this time.

Also could you expand on why you towncleared Jamie? What post of his gave you this assumption?

Thank you so much if you could respond to this. Just need your thought process!

Bonatogether

#1793 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:17 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
I now know foodcoats was town.

dislike this post

damo666

#1794 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:18 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:09 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:06 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Actually, that is a good question.
I did not pay as much attention to him, of course, as I read.

I might have voted for him, out of angst. I tend to dislike escalation. And his(my?) vote was clearly defending bona. So I am wrestling with that, despite my vote.

I didn't see anything scumindicative, though.

Pretty sure worcej was town.

Part, I suppose, of why I am voting bona might be to show that I am NOT protecting bona...
##vote darg
Did you not read that as a joke?
like my vote

snowy801

#1795 Post by snowy801 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:23 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:31 am
welcome to the game snowy :)

What's your take on the way people treated you yesterday - were there any votes on you that seemed opportunistic, or anyone shading you that weren't pushing/disagreeing with you as much as you thought they would?
Welcome to the game yourself

Spoiler for my oncoming evening lectures: why is it more scummy to be blatantly and obviously dodging all questions instead of doing so while hiding this fact? Has it occurred to anyone that scum players do not, in fact, want to be obviously scummy?

I wouldn't really say. Most of the people who went after me I'm moderately to very confident are town (Jamiet / worgorygel) and I mostly town read celaph so that just leaves bona who I'm still torn on [side note: stop saying stupid shit like "oh bona flip would give us so much info" if you think he's scum kill him and leave him if not]

I was actually more eyeing the people who were consciously avoiding scum reading me (more spoilers: ghug, though there were other names whose posts I recall but can't connect the name [yourself?]), because A) scum players know I'm town and so instead of being like "fuck snowy he scum" they have to wonder wtf is Snowy doing and the first instinct to the unknown is caution, especially as anyone who's played with me before knows I'll fuck them up if they slip even slightly sideways

But more on this later, all will be answered by this evening p sure

snowy801

#1796 Post by snowy801 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:24 pm

Also much as this thought seems to elude you all you don't always need a concrete reason to town read or scum read people

If I tell you I don't know why I think certain things it's because I don't know, get that through your heads

damo666

#1797 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:27 pm

@snowy if you town why do you think scum didn't nk you?

BesharamSabi

#1798 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:29 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:24 pm
Also much as this thought seems to elude you all you don't always need a concrete reason to town read or scum read people

If I tell you I don't know why I think certain things it's because I don't know, get that through your heads
Damn OK shawty : (

I just want to know people's thought process. Just throwing out vague statements like they are town or scum without some sort of explanation just makes it hard for me to analyze why. I would like some hand holding, sorry if that's too much. I never held hands before.

I do get the need behind being vague and what not but I much prefer a weak explanation then a throwaway one line of so and so is town without explaining of its vibe or post based.

celaph

#1799 Post by celaph » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:32 pm
Even to the extent you've given an answer, saying you "weren't feeling it", and "didn't really scumread him" is an awful explanation for not only voting but encouraging others to join the Bo wagon.
Can you please highlight examples of where you see Snowy actively encouraging others to vote Bo? I agree that the lack of belief that Bo was scum is worrying (see my argument against ghug) but nothing he said since Bo's wagon formed even remotely sounded like encouragement to join him unless you consider Snowy calling himself a vibe merchant with no specifics a good reason to vote Bo.

snowy801

#1800 Post by snowy801 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:31 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:42 pm
Hnmm is this snowy buddying me up like in m70 when he was scum hmmmmmm.

But thank you I am trying my best.

Anyway here's some more questions for you :

What reads from day 1 to now changed the most for you and why?

Who is the weakest town player so far?

Who's reads do you agree with the most and why? It can't be a read about you obviously.

Who's reads do you disagree with the most and why? It can't be a read about you obviously.
So I'm just going to let you know now that I don't tend to answer these kinds of straight shooters regardless so consider this a freebie

1) damo or celaph. If you're not going to achieve much of note the least you can do is have the courtesy to obvtown. Probably going with damo on this one

2) ghug. He's a busser, that one || I think bozo came out with some good takes this morning too, but I skimmed that with blearly eyes and have to digest that properly

3) I dunno, I'm pretty confident squigs is town. I'm going to have to revisit that soon as it's a large pending issue