M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3161 Post by President Eden » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 pm

Jamiet99uk has DIED. He was TOWN.

Day has begun. You have 48 hours.

Bonatogether

#3162 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:49 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:42 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:23 pm
not going to be around for EoN (thanksgiving, woo), probably not going to be nked but still:

2 or 3 scum are clearly in the towncore of most people.

therefore, there are 2 or 3 scum in the group of: ghug, dl, sqoogs, sabi (I town them hard, as do most other people, but I think at this point we need a complete reevaluation just to keep things honest)

among the people who town is ambivalent about, therefore, there are 1 or none. I think it's more likely 1 (so 2 in the first group) in: darg, damo, jamie, myself

personally the people I most scumread are: DL, ghug, darg
then sqoogs
then damo
then jamie
then sabi

town needs to think about DL more, even if we don't scumread him cause he's gotten no pressure

ghug needs to be a wagon

we need to keep tinfoils down
I'm not in the towncore of most people. I was seemingly everyone's fourth suspect yesterday, and then I almost got killed.

I'm with you in general, though. It seems like one of Squiggles and Llama has to be scum.

I really can't see a team without darg at this point. My initial reaction to EoD was that Jamie was probably townie for throwing a wrench in things, but I'm now questioning if he voted me so that it would be me vs. bozo rather than darg vs. bozo.

Between DL and Squiggles, I'm really not sure. There's not much to distinguish then for me since all that's happened all game is voting for town. Luckily there's no way I die tonight since the mafia is y'all killing me away from winning, so I get some time to think. The kill should probably be darg in any case.
it took forever to get a wagon on you. there was a total lack of momentum.

this assumes your town but sure, looks good on condition

what precludes both? and since you seem to think only one is scum (and not neither), where is the 3rd scum?

Bonatogether

#3163 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:49 am

uh why am i the first post in the day

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3164 Post by dargorygel » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:50 am

So many dead votes for ghug.
##vote ghug

I'll be in when I can.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3165 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:31 am

##vote ghug

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3166 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:06 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:49 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:42 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:23 pm
not going to be around for EoN (thanksgiving, woo), probably not going to be nked but still:

2 or 3 scum are clearly in the towncore of most people.

therefore, there are 2 or 3 scum in the group of: ghug, dl, sqoogs, sabi (I town them hard, as do most other people, but I think at this point we need a complete reevaluation just to keep things honest)

among the people who town is ambivalent about, therefore, there are 1 or none. I think it's more likely 1 (so 2 in the first group) in: darg, damo, jamie, myself

personally the people I most scumread are: DL, ghug, darg
then sqoogs
then damo
then jamie
then sabi

town needs to think about DL more, even if we don't scumread him cause he's gotten no pressure

ghug needs to be a wagon

we need to keep tinfoils down
I'm not in the towncore of most people. I was seemingly everyone's fourth suspect yesterday, and then I almost got killed.

I'm with you in general, though. It seems like one of Squiggles and Llama has to be scum.

I really can't see a team without darg at this point. My initial reaction to EoD was that Jamie was probably townie for throwing a wrench in things, but I'm now questioning if he voted me so that it would be me vs. bozo rather than darg vs. bozo.

Between DL and Squiggles, I'm really not sure. There's not much to distinguish then for me since all that's happened all game is voting for town. Luckily there's no way I die tonight since the mafia is y'all killing me away from winning, so I get some time to think. The kill should probably be darg in any case.
it took forever to get a wagon on you. there was a total lack of momentum.

this assumes your town but sure, looks good on condition

what precludes both? and since you seem to think only one is scum (and not neither), where is the 3rd scum?
Well clearly I was thinking Jamie. Now either it's both of them or I need to question another townread.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3167 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:06 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:31 am
##vote ghug
You're gonna naked vote me right now? Explain, please.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3168 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 am

Well I'm wasted and nobody's here.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3169 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:35 am

Good morning Jimmit

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3170 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:37 am

Shit Jimmit died..

Good morning summit?

damo666

#3171 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:08 pm

Sorry for not posting lw&t, got overtaken by events.

I was gonna say if I am the nk then kill ghug.

Jamie was obvtown so not a surprising NK although possibly significant that Sabi who most people obvtown is still alive (and of course ghug).

My vote today will probably be in the pool {Sabi, DL, ghug, Squigs}.

DeathLlama8

#3172 Post by DeathLlama8 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:43 pm

rip jamie

do we need an extension on today? we're basically halfway through d4 and there's like ten posts lmao

DeathLlama8

#3173 Post by DeathLlama8 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:46 pm

also it's kilo so if any of us are wrong at eod we probably lose

Bonatogether

#3174 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:50 pm

what are the odds everyone is town?

##vote ghug though

DeathLlama8

#3175 Post by DeathLlama8 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:01 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:20 pm
I'll go here. Checking in when I can.
VOTE BOZO
I'd still rather have ghug DKed. But we need to have an absolute (more than 4 or 3) lead.
You later stay on a ghug wagon when the vote is 5-4. What changed?
damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:11 pm
I think we may have SvS and darg has thrown Bozo under the bus.
why did you think this?
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:25 pm
Alright... if we kill bozo and he flips scum, I expect I will be considered a busser and be the next kill.
I see zero reason for scum!darg to post this as a reason to switch from bozo to scum!ghug instead of just staying on bozo. Maybe if ghug is town darg thought he would be a better miskill (suspects darg + bozo can probably be miskilled later?) It's weird that they stopped caring about consolidation to park on ghug though

I also don't see why scum!damo flips to scum!ghug there. I guess if the team is specifically ghug/damo/squigs it makes sense since damo knows squigs will stay on bozo (and nobody else on bozo is actually around), but otherwise it's playing chicken without even getting that much credit (relative to squigs if he flipped over)

On the other hand, squigs' EOD is pretty awkward if it turns out ghug is scum, since he flirts with the idea of switching from T to S, doesn't, then immediately votes ghug at the start of the day today without catching up or giving reasons

Given that I townread squigs and scumread damo/darg, this makes me lean town on ghug, but also his vibes were pretty off yesterday and my reads are probably trash given how EOD played out (I think at one point before jamiet switched my top four scumreads were all off the bozo wagon and everyone else was on it?)

I also find it interesting that people were okay leaving the wagons so scattered / later making it 5-4 given how much consolidation talk there was, but I'm not sure who that implicates

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3176 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Alright, I am brutally hungover.

It's pretty concerning to me that a bunch of my townreads are voting for me with little thought or explanation. I'd like someone (really preferably all of you) to explain why what happened yesterday makes me scum, because when you think through it, I don't really think it's going to hold water.

I think it's pretty clear darg is scum at this point. His play remains light on committing to reads outside of me, and he was happy to vote bozo to save himself but then jumped off seemingly concerned only with the optics of being on that bozo wagon. He was ready to set me up as the next kill after we miskilled bozo.

My top pick for a teammate is DL, who broke the 3/3 tie in bozo's favor yesterday. Squigs also made a pretty decisive vote, but it was in the name of consolidation, and I don't think he'd make that vote right after a teammate in DL, so I think he's only likely to be scum if DL isn't.

That leaves the third scum being someone I've been townreading for a while, my gut says the order of likelihood there (most to least) is Bona, Sabi, damo, but there may be some recency bias there in that damo's been around more recently.

##VOTE darg

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3177 Post by dargorygel » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:40 pm

You decided early on that I am scum, Ghug. And you read me in exactly that light. I listed my read list, for example, and you still call me uncommitting. You are normally more seeing than this. This attitude is part of why I most suspect you.

Fixing a random flat tire of a stranded motorist. Then back on the road home.

Happy buying day, everyone.

DeathLlama8

#3178 Post by DeathLlama8 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:03 pm

how can you possibly townread damo over sabi lmao

DeathLlama8

#3179 Post by DeathLlama8 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:04 pm

also is sabi going to be back before EOD tomorrow?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3180 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:05 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:40 pm
You decided early on that I am scum, Ghug. And you read me in exactly that light. I listed my read list, for example, and you still call me uncommitting. You are normally more seeing than this. This attitude is part of why I most suspect you.

Fixing a random flat tire of a stranded motorist. Then back on the road home.

Happy buying day, everyone.
I townread you when you joined the game, actually. I only concluded after snowy died that you were scum, because a world where you weren't didn't make any sense. That's especially true now that bozo and Jamie are off the table too (the latter being a kill I absolutely would not have made, by the way).

You gave an ordered list of players with no explanations. Notably it differed from your response to bozo's survey in that bozo had moved from fourth to second. I have little idea why you scumread him, or bona or damo, and frankly I don't think most people playing would even know those are your reads without specifically finding that post, because it made so little impression and you haven't pushed any of the reads other than the ghug read.

Why did bozo move up in your scumreads over the course of the day? Why do you scumread damo and Bona (or have those reads changed)? You thought people were sowing seeds of your bussing bozo. Given that that implied bozo was scum, why was it cause to move off of him? What do you make of those seeds now that bozo has flipped town? Do you have thoughts on how the game will go once I flip scum, or doubts of my scumminess?