M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2421 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:52 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:07 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:08 pm
So we can't afford anymore miskills.

We, including myself in this, suck as town.

I'm sorry snowy but you were a pretty bad town and selfish strategy in day one cost the town the game. Never do that strategy aagain. Like what were you thinking there???
This is a potential slip with BesharamSabi knowing there are 4 mafia. I thought BesharamSabi trying to demonstrate they were scum reading me was town indicative, because as mafia they would know I would flip town, but if the mafia only need one more mis-kill, they would only want to make sure I was DKed first.
No, Bozo. This is either a wild conspiracy theory on your part or, worse, a deliberate misinterpretation of Sabi's words, bearing in mind the context of their previous queries about MyLo / LyLo.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#2422 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Scum: Kill me tonight. I am pretty clear in most people's eyes so you're not going to get me mislynched tomorrow.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#2423 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:07 pm
Scum: Kill me tonight. I am pretty clear in most people's eyes so you're not going to get me mis[killed] tomorrow.
EBWOP, apols for using outdated word

damo666

#2424 Post by damo666 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:53 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:14 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:09 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:09 pm

we haven't lost yet
I think BesharamSabi may be telling you that you have lost and just don't know it yet.
Why is everyone misunderstanding this post???

I did the mylo/lylo/whatever math. If we have 4 scum we are fucked. If we have 3 scum we are fucked. Regardless we have 2 miskills right now. One more and we are dead.

Like I don't know why you all think this is scum slip and not me freaking out as town that we screwed up with the miskills. Jesus.
What are you talking about? If there are only 3 scum we can afford 1 more mk.
Sabi wouldn't make this mistake as scum (and I don't think they're pretending) so for me they are now in my towncore.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2425 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:00 pm

@sabi
You asked me for an example of 'analyzing' players' scumhunting. I present jamie. Unlike what many folk claim (usually pushing his buttonz) Jamie is good at webMafia. HIs usual scumhunting technique is to find where people lie. He defines lying as any statement that either contradicts a previous (or subsequent) statement.

He sees a lie... and burrows into it. It looks like tunneling, sometimes.

I think this is a good and useful methodology, and I am usually glad to see Jamie evaluating statements, because then I can be lazy. He does this in any alignment, but as scum he is forced to let his teammate's lies go unnoted, or at least unpushed.

Another player's scumhunt pattern is bozo. He is mechanical, mechanical, mechanical. He might seem to be floundering in THIS game because there is not a lot of mechanics. Notice, that he is pushing against YOU because of basically a mechanical analysis.

I find this a good and useful methodology, and I am usually glad to see bozo fine-toothing mechanical issues, because then I can be lazy. When scum, he tends to choose mechanical things that do not matter. I think his analysis in THIS game about how many scum there might be is very worthwhile.

Ghug is my final example. He likes to act snarky. He is motivated by a sense of justice, it seems to me. (Note his reaction to worcej.) When he sees something he dislikes, he pushes and then escalates and escalates and escalates. Ghug knows how to push folk's buttonz and gauges their reaction.

I find this a fairly useful methodology. But it tends to hurt the town, often. Escalating with a bunch of overcompetitive, bored with our lives, prideful folk rarely looks nice at the end. I am usually glad to see ghug attempting some probing escalation because then I can pretend to be nice.

Jamiet99uk

#2426 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:01 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:53 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:14 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:09 pm

I think BesharamSabi may be telling you that you have lost and just don't know it yet.
Why is everyone misunderstanding this post???

I did the mylo/lylo/whatever math. If we have 4 scum we are fucked. If we have 3 scum we are fucked. Regardless we have 2 miskills right now. One more and we are dead.

Like I don't know why you all think this is scum slip and not me freaking out as town that we screwed up with the miskills. Jesus.
What are you talking about? If there are only 3 scum we can afford 1 more mk.
Sabi wouldn't make this mistake as scum (and I don't think they're pretending) so for me they are now in my towncore.
Bozo is suggesting (wrongly) that Sabi suggesting we *might* have run out of MKs proves that Sabi knows we started with 4 scum and he could only know this by being one of them.

Bozo's suggestion is deeply flawed and does not appreciate the full context.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2427 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Some jamie thoughts.

I think Jamie is good at this game. I still wonder about his reaction to my joining. Jamie and I have talked through many, many games, serving on the Kouncil. More than that, I count him as a friend.

It has been a long time since we have played together.

His 'meh' reaction to my joining surprised me. When I mentioned it later, and he still has not reacted, it surprised me more.

Call me narcissistic.

I wonder if he was surprised (because I have not been playing a lot lately) and put off because he has a niggling worry that I 'know' how he works, maybe more than the rest of you.

I note that even when some (like snowy) pushed jamie's buttonz, he did not only not overreact... but he barely reacted at all.

This smacks of jamie exerting some self control... which he MIGHT do as town; but which often he does as scum.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2428 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:07 pm

I usually mistrust ghug. While everyone respects his play, he is often flying just below the radar. He is better than we think.

I observe that he was on the bo wagon and the snowy wagon. Ghug might be thinking strategically long term. Getting rid of (or aiding getting rid of) folk he does NOT want in the end game with him or his teammates.

I have not looked closely enough at food, to see if he was suspicious of ghug.

And snowy...

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2429 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Bona
I have stuck with my intitial gut read of bona, and haven't moved from it. Nothing he has written has calmed my stomach.

And also... I note what might be considered Bona's Strategic Defense Initiative. He has had a LOT of votes. But he is arguing back against such votes with focus.

I recall a game with Vecna, who when voted against, argued against every single voter.

Not so bona.

A small for instance... but he has not addressed or commented on my long habit of voting for him. Probably, or at least MAYBE, because he does not respect my analytical power, or power of persuasion... so he does not 'bother' to react to me.

Or I am even more narcissistic.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2430 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:13 pm

FWIW... will all respect... I believe snowy is louder than he is good at mafia.

I was suspicious of his townreading me. Because I had not said much. Now maybe he IS just that good... but it felt like he, too, was setting up an endgame, like I wonder with ghug.

But he flipped town.

I also note that he kept harping on 'reading comprehension.' If this were a non vanilla game I would start looking for crumbs.

But it's not.

I plan to read snowy again. Not because he is 'supersnowy.' But because he is dead, and i can trust his perspective.

He said to vote for ghug. Obviously.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2431 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:15 pm

Bozo
I agree with your wonderings about how many scum we might have... but MORE with your wonderings about some folk who seem sure of a number.

Have you seen anyone other than sabi with that strong assumption of number?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2432 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:18 pm

I like damo this game. For two reasons:
a) he is thinking, sometimes out loud.
b) he voted for me after my extremely humorous comment. Damo always tries to kill me. If he is town, he votes for me. If he is scum, he NKs me. It all started with a random bomb.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2433 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:20 pm

Ok... those are the complete expunging of my thoughts.

It is night... sometimes we do not talk much at night, but usually that is because we are protecting PR's, and talking might give hints to the scumQT. In this vanilla game, this is less important.

Jamiet99uk

#2434 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:21 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:04 pm
Some jamie thoughts.

I think Jamie is good at this game. What a guy.

His 'meh' reaction to my joining surprised me. When I mentioned it later, and he still has not reacted, it surprised me more.

Call me narcissistic.
You're narcissistic (but not on the level that Ghug or Snowy are).

I welcomed you as soon as I noticed you'd joined. I was slightly disappointed not by your arrival but by Worcej's conduct that necessitated your arrival. However I didn't want to continue to talk about that as we'd more or less been told not to talk about it by President Eden. That's all really.

Jamiet99uk

#2435 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:23 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:15 pm
Bozo
I agree with your wonderings about how many scum we might have... but MORE with your wonderings about some folk who seem sure of a number.

Have you seen anyone other than sabi with that strong assumption of number?
What Sabi is exhibiting is not, in my view, certainly over the presence of four mafia, but rather a quite reasonable application of the precautionary principle.

Bozo's attempt to scumread him for this is surprisingly weak for Bozo.

Jamiet99uk

#2436 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:23 pm

*certainty

BesharamSabi

#2437 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:48 pm

Clearly everyone is taking the less precautionary stance of assuming three scum team while I'm assuming the worst with four scum team. I dunno why this stance is getting me negative backlash? I rather assume the worst in these type of situations but whatever.

Anyway going to be in and out for the rest of the real life day because I'm traveling to Florida for Thanksgiving so apologies ahead of time.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2438 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:52 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:48 pm
Clearly everyone is taking the less precautionary stance of assuming three scum team while I'm assuming the worst with four scum team. I dunno why this stance is getting me negative backlash? I rather assume the worst in these type of situations but whatever.

Anyway going to be in and out for the rest of the real life day because I'm traveling to Florida for Thanksgiving so apologies ahead of time.
fwiw, I was not thinking about your comments/arguments in particular. That is why I asked bozo if he has concerns about anyone else. Your comments seemed to me more explorative than declarative.

Enjoy Thankseating day... I'll be travelling similarly, but not in Florida.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2439 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:21 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:04 pm
Some jamie thoughts.

I think Jamie is good at this game. What a guy.

Call me narcissistic.
You're narcissistic (but not on the level that Ghug or Snowy are).

I welcomed you as soon as I noticed you'd joined. I was slightly disappointed not by your arrival but by Worcej's conduct that necessitated your arrival. However I didn't want to continue to talk about that as we'd more or less been told not to talk about it by President Eden. That's all really.
Fair enough...

Jamiet99uk

#2440 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:09 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:52 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:48 pm

fwiw, I was not thinking about your comments/arguments in particular. That is why I asked bozo if he has concerns about anyone else. Your comments seemed to me more explorative than declarative.

Enjoy Thankseating day... I'll be travelling similarly, but not in Florida.
Thankseating day. The day when everyone is thankful for a comfy chair.