M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DeathLlama8

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1141 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:17 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:14 pm
Any reason why you think the jump was too coordinated to be mafia?

I don't put weight on food votes since they are sporadic and random. On the other hand, Damo did pop out of nowhere when the three jumped off which to me is raising some sus vibes.

I think scum feel like due to his inactivity and lack of engagement he is being dead weight for the scum team and that this is the best opportunity to get him out of here.

Then again I could be wrong so who knows.
I think mafia would feel awkward voting in a coordinated way, so they wouldn't follow their teammates onto two wagons like that. That could be a plausible explanation for scum movement onto worcej, but they could also just be looking for an easy miskill - which do you think is more likely?

Also, how do you feel about the rest of Damo's posts? Namely here

BesharamSabi

#1142 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:18 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:07 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:03 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:59 pm
He's at the top of my notepad and that's a good enough reason for me
Notepad of what?

What post of his are giving you townie vibes? Could you explain the fact he hasn't posted a comment in 21.5 hours? Snowy I'm on my knees asking you to walk. Us through your thought process.

If not worcej, who would you rather we wagon and why?
The notepad of DOOM

uh I'm still thinking, got some names in my head but I'd rather sort them out first. Still think ghug is scum though so look there first
Does the notepad of doom come with a spork and evil penguin?

Anyway I'm looking at ghug posts but I want you to point out the general pages where scum vibes were being raised? I know it was weird he couldn't give a straight answer to anyone's questions but like you also have been doing the same.

Also I'm looking forward to this list whenever you finally sort it out.

worcej

#1143 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:25 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:01 am
- I want to reserve judgment on worcej until they come back and catch up. Their posting in the first half of D1 was pretty light, although I found it a little weird how in-depth they went specifically to respond to sabi's "who would you save n1" question
- not really sure how to read snowy right now (having trouble getting signal from high posters like snowy/ghug/bona in general). They mentioned last game that they like deliberately drawing attention as a daykill D1, so I could view a lot of the deflections as town trying to be unhelpful or mafia trying to be unhelpful
- I don't think it's alignment-indicative for damo given how many people have said they view it as NAI. I might just be behind on the meta (although I didn't see anything like this in his town M69 when I was looking for the post snowy remembered)
Judge away - here is my thoughts right now:
  1. I think snowy is making noise and would be a good D1 flip for the informational side. I also don't think it's very helpful to intentionally not answer people's questions if he doesn't like them. If town, he's too egotistical and should be eliminated accordingly.
  2. I think Sabi is over-excited scum honestly and is over-trying to try to be town, so I'd also be fine voting here too.
  3. Not sure where to really place you Death, I have some meh vibes but it's probably more I don't know you well enough to slam you into null.
  4. Jamie, bozo, food, and celaph are null to me - but I am also only caught up to this exact post atm.
  5. That being said, I think bo, ghug, damo, Bona, and Squigs are all town based mostly off meta and how they've posted this phase.

worcej

#1144 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:26 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:15 pm
Good morning everyone, got less than 12 hours for day one. Hopefully we learn some new things. Happy to see bozo and damo have stopped lurking and started posting while I was asleep. Need to take a deeper look at their post but asking them questions is useless since they rarely if ever respond.

What did you all feel like you learned from celaph, damo, bozo, and bo recent activity?

Why is worcej still low activity?

Sidenote I have more post this game than my last game so that's funny.
I'm more active than bozo or Damo at this point, so why the focus on me? I'm rarely a top poster...

worcej

#1145 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:11 pm
Worcej is kinda under-the-radar in this game.

I have some tinglings of suspicion.

Let's see what ##Vote Worcej produces.

B-Sabi, join me?
This an acceptable vote and leads me to move Jamie into town.

worcej

#1146 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:29 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:27 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:11 pm
Worcej is kinda under-the-radar in this game.

I have some tinglings of suspicion.

Let's see what ##Vote Worcej produces.

B-Sabi, join me?
I also wonder if his low activity is scum related or due to being overwhelmed with the baby. But if he's busy with the baby then why join the mini game? Is worcej usually this low activity in day one? Like game 70 he wasn't like this. I dunno maybe I should stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway yea I will join the worcej wagon. ##vote WorcesterSauce
So, effectively, you're thinking I would lurk as scum?

You're drawing a meta analysis on me based off one game. This is not a good method and is a bad vote, unlike Jamie's,

You have the tool to be better - go further back and review other games the bot and try to make a meta analysis.

worcej

#1147 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:30 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:23 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:00 pm
I'd rather have Bozo that Worcej

##Vote Bozo
What makes bozo more scum/weaker town player than worcej? Bozo atleast has made comments about the game and has voted several times that weren't joke votes like worcej.

Maybe I'm missing something about bozo that you and food can see that I can't. Worcej just seems worse to me I dunno.
I've made several comments about the game and reads on people prior to this post.

BesharamSabi

#1148 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:31 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:17 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:

I don't put weight on food votes since they are sporadic and random. On the other hand, Damo did pop out of nowhere when the three jumped off which to me is raising some sus vibes.

I think scum feel like due to his inactivity and lack of engagement he is being dead weight for the scum team and that this is the best opportunity to get him out of here.

I think mafia would feel awkward voting in a coordinated way, so they wouldn't follow their teammates onto two wagons like that. That could be a plausible explanation for scum movement onto worcej, but they could also just be looking for an easy miskill - which do you think is more likely?

Also, how do you feel about the rest of Damo's posts? Namely here
which do you think is more likely?

I need to think about their further, I doubt bozo is scum so I don't think he was a bus. Mafia got vibes that bozo wagon wasn't viable and it would be weird and off to cause a counter wagon to worcej wagon? But then again your right they could want us to miskill.

Well I'm more confused now than before.

how do you feel about the rest of Damo's posts?

Damo has been on my scum vibes list with that list. It seemed off to have a list largely based off meta that early in the game. Especially a publicly posted list.

Anyway this post on page 50 from his caught my eye:
damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:38 am
Having read what Celaph has posted overnight (ukwise) I remove him from my pool of 4 potential candidates.

Bo's recent posts do nothing to take him off the list so my vote remains there but can vote worcej or food.

Caveat: If I am in danger myself I will ofc self save even if that means voting a townread if necessary. So, my voters (snowy and Def Leppard) consider this: not only are you voting for a townsperson but you may inadvertently cause the death of a different townsperson, one you may even townread yourself. So I suggest you move.

PS There is 11.5 hours to go so expect lots of change and not overly worried.

PPS Vote for Bo worcej or Food.
I am wondering what this thinly veiled threat even means?

not only are you voting for a townsperson but you may inadvertently cause the death of a different townsperson, one you may even townread yourself.

What are your thoughts on this?

worcej

#1149 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:32 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:32 pm
I love late day wagons on someone because they “look off” even though there is little if any meaningful information to come out of the flip regardless of alignment
This is why bozo is a bad wagon.

Even I'll admit you'd learn more from flipping me (the votes on me that are bad) than bozo.

snowy801

#1150 Post by snowy801 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:32 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:25 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
- I want to reserve judgment on worcej until they come back and catch up. Their posting in the first half of D1 was pretty light, although I found it a little weird how in-depth they went specifically to respond to sabi's "who would you save n1" question
- not really sure how to read snowy right now (having trouble getting signal from high posters like snowy/ghug/bona in general). They mentioned last game that they like deliberately drawing attention as a daykill D1, so I could view a lot of the deflections as town trying to be unhelpful or mafia trying to be unhelpful
- I don't think it's alignment-indicative for damo given how many people have said they view it as NAI. I might just be behind on the meta (although I didn't see anything like this in his town M69 when I was looking for the post snowy remembered)
  1. I think snowy is making noise and would be a good D1 flip for the informational side. I also don't think it's very helpful to intentionally not answer people's questions if he doesn't like them. If town, he's too egotistical and should be eliminated accordingly.
  2. I think Sabi is over-excited scum honestly and is over-trying to try to be town, so I'd also be fine voting here too.
  3. Not sure where to really place you Death, I have some meh vibes but it's probably more I don't know you well enough to slam you into null.
  4. Jamie, bozo, food, and celaph are null to me - but I am also only caught up to this exact post atm.
  5. That being said, I think bo, ghug, damo, Bona, and Squigs are all town based mostly off meta and how they've posted this phase.
Snowy just wants to live one day
He does not ask for two
Snowy also thinks your reads are horrifyingly bad because you just took 5 of my 6 bottom tiers and town read them

snowy801

#1151 Post by snowy801 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:33 pm

(or well I suppose pedantically he asks for one night which is actually two days then it wouldn't be asking for three but you get my point)

foodcoats

#1152 Post by foodcoats » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:33 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:05 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:00 pm
Well I know you are still in the process of catching up but at the moment no one is on the bozo wagon. What are your thoughts about everyone gradually hopping off bozo wagon after he made the I'm too busy atm but I will be better tomorrow post? What are your thoughts on the worcej wagon that came in it's place? Lastly, I would like you analysis on those that jumped from bozo wagon to other wagons, namely worcej.

As far as I'm concerned Jamiet and I were the first to feel worcej is off so the fact everyone jumped on it now from bozo might be bussing i dunno.

Need your thoughts!
I think everyone moving from bozo to worcej (all 3 of them basically did it at the same time) is too coordinated to have multiple mafia on it, but if anyone was using the bozo wagon to protect a teammate then it's plausible that they would hop on the next lurker wagon when bozo wasn't viable. Food initiated the move so I guess that's a positive sign from him. I think Damo looks the worst of the 3.

Why do you think it's bussing?

Damo did say quite a while back he’d vote for worcej, so I think his move is consistent. Don’t know that it is AI though

worcej

#1153 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:34 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:59 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:58 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:51 pm

And if he’s town it means he honestly gutted that fourman he listed, which is still valuable, and people voted for him, which is info.

Squigs, do you townread bozo? Why/not?
Do you think a team listed by town Bozo day 1 with little explanation is valuable to town? Like if Bozo flipped town, would you sheep his reads?
Also anyone that we flip will have votes on them, so you get that info from anyone voted out.

I do not townread Bozo, but I've seen town Bozo play like this and get miskilled so I'm NAI on him. I'd be fine with him being eliminated but I think there are better plays. I still think Celaph is acting unusual in his post style and inability to give a scumread. I'd prefer a worcej wagon over Bozo based on info gained too
How does worcej give info lol

Have you read his iso?
The pushes on me are the info you'll get.

Biggest issue on webDiplo is you don't look at the people pushing the wagon on the person after the fact.

FWIW - Note: Damo and Sabi have been the ones pushing for me at this point.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1154 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:34 pm

worcej wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:
It think worcej is overthinking some reads here, but the increased effort, sharing of thought process, and original ideas satisfies me for now.

##vote Bona I wanna see more from Bona now

BesharamSabi

#1155 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:36 pm

worcej wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Ahh worcej is back to being unable to read me. I miss you so deary much. Insert many hearts emoji here. I do want to know why I'm being too over eager if I were scum? If I were scum would I not stick to my old play style because that saved me from being read as scum because based off meta I'm dumb and shit poster? Explain to me why would I decide this game to be passionate about the game if I were scum?

I do agree that if snow is town that he is being too egotistical.

worcej

#1156 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:09 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:59 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:58 pm

Do you think a team listed by town Bozo day 1 with little explanation is valuable to town? Like if Bozo flipped town, would you sheep his reads?
Also anyone that we flip will have votes on them, so you get that info from anyone voted out.

I do not townread Bozo, but I've seen town Bozo play like this and get miskilled so I'm NAI on him. I'd be fine with him being eliminated but I think there are better plays. I still think Celaph is acting unusual in his post style and inability to give a scumread. I'd prefer a worcej wagon over Bozo based on info gained too
How does worcej give info lol

Have you read his iso?
Worcej either votes or gives a read on:
Player (post#)
DL (157)
Jamie (159)
Damo (166)
Foodcoats(392)
Bosox (396)
Snowy (752)
Squigs (753)
Snowy again (762)

That's more interactions than Bozo
You should explain what ~information~ you're going to get from each person on this list instead of just listing the people who've expressed an opinion of 'acceptance' on flipping me.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1157 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:38 pm

My opinion of Snowy is also rapidly declining but not enough to vote him now, especially considering who is on the Snowy wagon

BesharamSabi

#1158 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:39 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:33 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:05 pm

I think everyone moving from bozo to worcej (all 3 of them basically did it at the same time) is too coordinated to have multiple mafia on it, but if anyone was using the bozo wagon to protect a teammate then it's plausible that they would hop on the next lurker wagon when bozo wasn't viable. Food initiated the move so I guess that's a positive sign from him. I think Damo looks the worst of the 3.

Why do you think it's bussing?

Damo did say quite a while back he’d vote for worcej, so I think his move is consistent. Don’t know that it is AI though
I realized that on my reread but it's the timing of the jump that is raising some alarms. Was he just lurking or by chance at that moment he checked the thread?

What are your thoughts on the timing of his switch over food?

worcej

#1159 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:41 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:53 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:41 pm
Well I just mean the interesting things in mafia are information. I guess the drama and flaming are also interesting, but not game related. So for my brain I didn’t contradict or misread you… saying you’re interested in worcej wagon means it will provide interesting information. Nothing else would really make sense to my mind.

I take your point to mean pressuring worcej will create information, whereas pressuring bozo will not. Do you think bozo is low hanging fruit? Do you think he’ he’s in danger of being killed with no competition?
Yes, but that doesn't matter to me, and no.

Here's the thing with bozo for me:
a) he's made 9 posts this entire game, exactly 0 of which contain any substance in my opinion. I don't recall him ever shouting over the top of everyone but I also don't recall him ever being a true lurker. Regardless of his role, he hasn't had the chance to play, and as such I don't think he will leave us any information if he dies. Whether his wagon will leave us information is another conversation entirely -
b) the existing wagon is already pressure on him. He's the leading vote-getter right now. Your vote on him was first and the only one of the three that came with any explanation, and while you gave one I don't really get your explanation either. What are we gleaming from this? If he flips scum, are we supposed to clear the three of you? If he flips town, are the three of you supposed to face consequences for it? Are we supposed to figure out which of the three of you are opportunistic voters and which of the three of you are just not very good at defending your votes? Nobody is joining because there's no good trail laid out to follow and none of the people on whatever trail yall are on have made any effort to create one.

The bulk of worcej's play so far has been buddying people and talking about the fucking Mariners. His availability may not be limitless but he's been here and chosen to do nothing with it. Moreover, the chance to pressure him has yet to get spoiled by a bad wagon. To me there's more room to get information there both from worcej, since I know he's here, and from a wagon that will hopefully form on more merit than bozo's did.
You get that information from me yet bo?

I'll probably drop some more as I continue to post.

worcej

#1160 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:42 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:15 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:57 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:56 pm

Damn, ATE succeeds.

##VOTE worcej

If bozo is town, I do think he’s one of the best town players on here, and this post strikes me as authentic.
Dude, you're doing the same thing all over again. Make a case.
One part of the worcej is sus case is that he hasn't posted in 20.5 hours (as of me writing this). Worcej is usually super active but the fact he isn't engaging or saying anything right now is eyebrow raising.

When worcej is scum is he usually like this or is this something new?

Bo what abut food that is giving you bad vibes besides his weird random style of voting?
Again, use the tools you have in front of you before making bad conclusions.