M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DeathLlama8

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#921 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:15 pm

prolly my last post before EON -

There are a few things in hindsight that felt kind of weird about D1. It's tricky to separate some of the weirdness from how little activity we had for most of the day, though.

One thing is that aside from some early pressure towards Uber, Lfischl was pretty much the only lurker getting any serious heat throughout the day. He was definitely the most egregious of those who weren't really participating, but it does feel like people went after the easy target. Damo's vote still doesn't look great here. TFB seems like he also scumread Lfischl when he parked his vote there, but he did so at page 14 when like two people had said anything relevant.

Another thing is how static EOD was. This is probably more attributable to the lower activity, but I thought it was pretty clear that Kakarroto was most likely to be killed once it was 3-3-3 (since snowy and I were on Damo at the time but both fine with a Kakarroto DK). Scum wouldn't want to defend Kakarroto too hard if he's not tracker, but it feels like someone should've done something in the last hour of EOD otherwise if we were slowly veering towards killing scum D1. This is possibly the only thing that nudges me towards believing the claim.

If/when we learn Damo's and Kakarroto's alignments, we can probably get more out of D1 (my vote isn't great if damo is scum, and snowy looks pretty bad if kakarroto is scum for vaguely scumreading him the entire day but only voting him once it looked like the kill was guaranteed). Lfischl DK was never going to be super high info though.

I don't really know how to read any of the top posters right now. Ghug/Durga/Snowy all seem roughly fine behaviorally, but also good enough as scum to do this. Ghug seems nicer than I remember, which is a red flag, but this could also be character growth in the last five years or smth

Non-hexenjäger scumreads are Damo, and to a lesser extent Snowy (if Kakarroto is scum) and TFB. I don't really have informed townreads at this point, but Sabi seems pretty natural so far, I guess (Also uber is probably more likely town for bad meta reasons)? Ghug is also probably not mafia if I die tonight

DeathLlama8

#922 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:18 pm

yeah that Kakarroto post really does not look like exposed hexenjäger who might die in 42 minutes

sorting this out is a later problem though

snowy801

#923 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:19 pm

You hate to see him go eh

Kakarroto

#924 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:15 pm
Hi Kak

I'd be much more interested in seeing you ask your own questions instead of answering others'. Surely you've got itches needing to scratch.
Well, given I've overslept and will meet the maker in around 40 minutes, they will be most likely forgotten by the living. But if you keep them alive in towns mind, I'll go for it.

snowy801

#925 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm

Is your name in any way derivative from Dalai Lama? Just curious

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#926 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:21 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
prolly my last post before EON -

There are a few things in hindsight that felt kind of weird about D1. It's tricky to separate some of the weirdness from how little activity we had for most of the day, though.

One thing is that aside from some early pressure towards Uber, Lfischl was pretty much the only lurker getting any serious heat throughout the day. He was definitely the most egregious of those who weren't really participating, but it does feel like people went after the easy target. Damo's vote still doesn't look great here. TFB seems like he also scumread Lfischl when he parked his vote there, but he did so at page 14 when like two people had said anything relevant.

Another thing is how static EOD was. This is probably more attributable to the lower activity, but I thought it was pretty clear that Kakarroto was most likely to be killed once it was 3-3-3 (since snowy and I were on Damo at the time but both fine with a Kakarroto DK). Scum wouldn't want to defend Kakarroto too hard if he's not tracker, but it feels like someone should've done something in the last hour of EOD otherwise if we were slowly veering towards killing scum D1. This is possibly the only thing that nudges me towards believing the claim.

If/when we learn Damo's and Kakarroto's alignments, we can probably get more out of D1 (my vote isn't great if damo is scum, and snowy looks pretty bad if kakarroto is scum for vaguely scumreading him the entire day but only voting him once it looked like the kill was guaranteed). Lfischl DK was never going to be super high info though.

I don't really know how to read any of the top posters right now. Ghug/Durga/Snowy all seem roughly fine behaviorally, but also good enough as scum to do this. Ghug seems nicer than I remember, which is a red flag, but this could also be character growth in the last five years or smth

Non-hexenjäger scumreads are Damo, and to a lesser extent Snowy (if Kakarroto is scum) and TFB. I don't really have informed townreads at this point, but Sabi seems pretty natural so far, I guess (Also uber is probably more likely town for bad meta reasons)? Ghug is also probably not mafia if I die tonight
changes kill order to DL

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#927 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:21 pm

Why would you dying make me town though?

snowy801

#928 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Hi Kak

I'd be much more interested in seeing you ask your own questions instead of answering others'. Surely you've got itches needing to scratch.
Well, given I've overslept and will meet the maker in around 40 minutes, they will be most likely forgotten by the living. But if you keep them alive in towns mind, I'll go for it.
Kaka babe I promise I've never forgotten anything in my life
Even when I'm lying to ghug

Doom427

#929 Post by Doom427 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:30 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:06 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:07 pm
I guess this is nighttime then...

Was hoping there would be more posts-went from feeling bad for pissing around during work time to being annoyed at work. Was hoping I could waste more time here :9

Anyway, looked through Damo's posts on the bot, and I'd say nothing there that reads as especially townie. Also still don't buy claim, but that's whatever, we don't have to kill for a while
What made you choose damo to look at from all the players?
Didn't you ask me something about what my thoughts were about Damo? There wasn't a deadline associated with that task, so I figured it would be fine to turn my work in when I did. If not, I'm terribly sorry for my tardiness ;-/

Actual answer- when you look at the vote tracker, the person who gives us the most amount of info is probably damo and you, don't you think? We know for a fact fish was town, so knowing the alignment of the other wagons at the time of the Kak claim are super important.

I already said what I had to say about you, and you were the only other wagon at EoD yesterday. So, Damo...

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#930 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:32 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:30 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:06 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:07 pm
I guess this is nighttime then...

Was hoping there would be more posts-went from feeling bad for pissing around during work time to being annoyed at work. Was hoping I could waste more time here :9

Anyway, looked through Damo's posts on the bot, and I'd say nothing there that reads as especially townie. Also still don't buy claim, but that's whatever, we don't have to kill for a while
What made you choose damo to look at from all the players?
Didn't you ask me something about what my thoughts were about Damo? There wasn't a deadline associated with that task, so I figured it would be fine to turn my work in when I did. If not, I'm terribly sorry for my tardiness ;-/

Actual answer- when you look at the vote tracker, the person who gives us the most amount of info is probably damo and you, don't you think? We know for a fact fish was town, so knowing the alignment of the other wagons at the time of the Kak claim are super important.

I already said what I had to say about you, and you were the only other wagon at EoD yesterday. So, Damo...
What's your current position on Kak's claim?

Doom427

#931 Post by Doom427 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:41 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:32 pm

We ain't killing him, so there's no real point in chatting about it? I assume that's where everyone is on it, except maybe Kak?

No one should counterclaim (unless they're on the chopping block). If scum team ends up killing the real one, we'll know, and it's best to wait until we get some scanning in.(I'm pretending it's a cop, cause I read it's power as just a really weak version of cop) If Kak gets a scum scan, then I could see arguing about it. Until that point, w/e

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#932 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:41 pm
ghug wrote:

We ain't killing him, so there's no real point in chatting about it? I assume that's where everyone is on it, except maybe Kak?

No one should counterclaim (unless they're on the chopping block). If scum team ends up killing the real one, we'll know, and it's best to wait until we get some scanning in.(I'm pretending it's a cop, cause I read it's power as just a really weak version of cop) If Kak gets a scum scan, then I could see arguing about it. Until that point, w/e
But what's your gut telling you?

Doom427

#933 Post by Doom427 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm
Doom427 wrote:
ghug wrote:

My gut? It's saying that the line of questioning, is more likely to hurt town than help it? That's mostly what it's saying. And if you want me to say more, well, to put it simply

If he is, and I say I trust him 100% percent, scum team should kill Kak.
If he is, and I don't trust, than we waste time debating someone who's town.
If he isn't, and I trust, scum team feels good, and it makes the real one a little more uncertain about their CC if Kak gets to stay in.
If he isn't, and I don't trust, than... well maybe we get lucky and daykill him, before the CC?

Kakarroto

#934 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Hi Kak

ok, fine then

@doom what exactly made you stay on me? There is no cc to my claim (and any done will be shown wrong so mafia wouldn't do that) and you had time to switch.

@flyingboat how happy are you that your lfischl vote went through? Why do you expect answers from the lfischl voters when you yourself haven't given a good answer? And no, I don't think 'removing an unhelpful town' is a good play when you can find better answers and instead just park your vote there.

@Vecna you are awfully quiet, I know from last game you have a new work, but I don't like your low performance here. What are your current thoughts? Am I a witchhunter? Am I just acting? How bad do you feel that you outed a PR with your parked vote?

@rd what would make you believe town Kakarroto wouldn't vote for you? I mean it was kinda in joke time and your response might be too, but that was a bit odd, at least that's what I feel about it in retrospect.

@ghug why is it that, when I disagree with you, you look more towny then when not?

Doom427

#935 Post by Doom427 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:49 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:

ok, fine then

@doom what exactly made you stay on me? There is no cc to my claim (and any done will be shown wrong so mafia wouldn't do that) and you had time to switch.
I didn't stay on you, the bot didn't update cause I fucked up the voting again. Don't know why not, But PE got my vote right. I ended on Damo

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#936 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 pm

Doom427 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm
Doom427 wrote:

My gut? It's saying that the line of questioning, is more likely to hurt town than help it? That's mostly what it's saying. And if you want me to say more, well, to put it simply

If he is, and I say I trust him 100% percent, scum team should kill Kak.
If he is, and I don't trust, than we waste time debating someone who's town.
If he isn't, and I trust, scum team feels good, and it makes the real one a little more uncertain about their CC if Kak gets to stay in.
If he isn't, and I don't trust, than... well maybe we get lucky and daykill him, before the CC?
I can respect this perspective, but Pandora's Box is open at this point, and the scum aren't going to make their decisions based on your opinion alone.

Let's compromise. Share your Kak opinion in the final moments of the night. Then scum can't do anything about it.

Doom427

#937 Post by Doom427 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 pm

Anyway, I have a fun day of watching Dear Evan hansen, so gotta duck out a little early. If I die, know that I'm watching the movie ironically, cause reviews said it was bad, and hoping it can maybe approach the greatness of Cats (2019)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#938 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:53 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
@ghug why is it that, when I disagree with you, you look more towny then when not?
Maybe that means you're scum?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#939 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:53 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 pm
Anyway, I have a fun day of watching Dear Evan hansen, so gotta duck out a little early. If I die, know that I'm watching the movie ironically, cause reviews said it was bad, and hoping it can maybe approach the greatness of Cats (2019)
Give your opinion on Kak before you leave, please.

Kakarroto

#940 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:54 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:49 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

ok, fine then

I didn't stay on you, the bot didn't update cause I fucked up the voting again. Don't know why not, But PE got my vote right. I ended on Damo
My bad then. Guess I should've reread it myself instead of trusting the bot.