M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DeathLlama8

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2501 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:05 am

I was getting town vibes from rdrivera but maybe I should rereread that

BunnyGo

#2502 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:06 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:43 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:40 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:35 pm
Sorry for dropping off. Been driving 8 hours straight so far. 5 or so to go. Will have time tonight to catch up. I’ll search for @Bunny when I get back first before reading of you want my attention.
Just did a bot search for *@Bunny* and this is the only thing that came up. Will start reading now.
wb! hope you enjoyed the road trip
Thanks, it was nice. Haven't seen my dad in a while and spent many many many hours talking in the car. Now get to see my grandmother before she (probably) dies in the next year.

BunnyGo

#2503 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:09 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:00 am
someone lmk if i'm tunnelling or respond to this if you think it's wrong but
1. sabi was jamiet's second highest scumread for all of d3, and jamiet voted #1 (doom) and #3 (bunny) for the entire day without really pressuring or interacting with sabi at all
2. sabi brought up unprompted that they townread jamiet and didn't understand where his wagon was coming from (although they said today that they townread everyone), made one post about how bunny's evidence on jamiet seemed solid, then voted for jamiet at eod because he was the biggest wagon and they had to vote someone
3. otherwise, sabi didn't really give opinions on kakarroto and jamiet for the entire game, explicitly avoiding commenting on kakarroto's claim directly while casting shade on both damo and kakarroto
4. sabi has been openly speculating on PRs in the thread, which I guess is NAI but is also objectively bad
5. sabi posted a giant case on doom, then didn't really push her at all, and otherwise hasn't really been scumhunting recently
6. I don't really have a reason to townread sabi other than vibes given by individual posts (which I'm not particularly good at interpreting) or believe miskilling sabi before milo would be particularly bad for town
I don't have the energy to confirm this points; I'll take them as given for now.

I think scum!sabi and town!sabi probably both look very similar. I'll admit, I tunneled on them very very hard last game for something I was sure was scummy.

I think the point that sabi isn't likely to play for a "double-bluff" is correct. As rdr said, they're more likely to play straight and direct.

DeathLlama8

#2504 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:09 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:15 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:11 pm
Ig why do you think it’s Durga/why don’t you think it’s sabi?
Because I can't see scum Sabi doing the reasoning they just did about me not wanting [them] alive at milo.
iirc Snowy kept talking about how they wanted Sabi alive at MILO last game to the point Sabi could've easily internalized that enough to fake it here? I think I'm just confbiasing at this point but I'm just worried we're all underestimating how good Sabi actually is at this / how replicable their town playstyle from last game is

BunnyGo

#2505 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:10 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:56 pm
you know what else is weird? that TFB hasnt said anything about people softclearing him bc of ghug
Why is that weird?

BunnyGo

#2506 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:11 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:09 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Because I can't see scum Sabi doing the reasoning they just did about me not wanting [them] alive at milo.
iirc Snowy kept talking about how they wanted Sabi alive at MILO last game to the point Sabi could've easily internalized that enough to fake it here? I think I'm just confbiasing at this point but I'm just worried we're all underestimating how good Sabi actually is at this / how replicable their town playstyle from last game is
I have no idea how good Sabi is at games like this. The person I know irl that I'm using as my model for them is decent at games, but not at deception, and enjoys games for their social aspects more than competition. That said, I agree their style of play is very easy to replicate.

BesharamSabi

#2507 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:11 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:41 am
what do you make of sabi and doom not voting yet
I have barely been on tbh. Been mostly out of the house or on discord.

BesharamSabi

#2508 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:12 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:10 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:08 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am
yknow deathy, sometimes it really feels like you and i are the only ones who care about this game
wow rude
i'm sorry aren't you busy measuring your d*** size on discord rn
I'm not sorry about that convo

BunnyGo

#2509 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:15 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:54 am
i feel like my guesses are as follows (excluding floatboat):
1. rdr
2. sabi
3. bunny

??? i'm fairly positive you and doom are town and if you aren't well fuck me
Explain your read on DeathLlama to me? The rest I think I follow.

BunnyGo

#2510 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:16 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:12 am
Durga wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:08 am

wow rude
Hi Sabi. Thoughts?

BesharamSabi

#2511 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:19 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:
I think you are vastly overestimating my skills and intelligence. I'm not that bright. But like I said if you want to miskill me, go ahead. But I think the tunneling is a bit much.

BesharamSabi

#2512 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:19 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:16 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:12 am
Durga wrote:

Hi Sabi. Thoughts?
HI bunny, give me a second

BesharamSabi

#2513 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:20 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:11 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I have no idea how good Sabi is at games like this. The person I know irl that I'm using as my model for them is decent at games, but not at deception, and enjoys games for their social aspects more than competition. That said, I agree their style of play is very easy to replicate.
I'm very much here for the social aspects. I suck at deception. I'm terrible liar even in diplomacy. Tfb can confirm that.

BunnyGo

#2514 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:21 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:25 am
want to note that sabi hammered kaka within one minute before it would give scum a super long night - you can say its NAI but jamie didn't hammer and I don't know why scum!sabi would hammer instead of just "not seeing the time" to give them a longer night
We were pressuring them quite a bit on it. I think it's fairly NAI.

BesharamSabi

#2515 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:22 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:41 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
1. sabi was jamiet's second highest scumread for all of d3, and jamiet voted #1 (doom) and #3 (bunny) for the entire day without really pressuring or interacting with sabi at all
2. sabi brought up unprompted that they townread jamiet and didn't understand where his wagon was coming from (although they said today that they townread everyone), made one post about how bunny's evidence on jamiet seemed solid, then voted for jamiet at eod because he was the biggest wagon and they had to vote someone
3. otherwise, sabi didn't really give opinions on kakarroto and jamiet for the entire game, explicitly avoiding commenting on kakarroto's claim directly while casting shade on both damo and kakarroto
4. sabi has been openly speculating on PRs in the thread, which I guess is NAI but is also objectively bad
5. sabi posted a giant case on doom, then didn't really push her at all, and otherwise hasn't really been scumhunting recently
6. I don't really have a reason to townread sabi other than vibes given by individual posts (which I'm not particularly good at interpreting) or believe miskilling sabi before milo would be particularly bad for town

> An actually interesting catch, I'll reread their interactions later today, but this could actually be suggestive of something, since I could see Jamie trying to create distance between the two without actually bussing them.

>This just strikes me as classic Sabi. As mentioned Sabi, whether town or scum, just seems incredibly scum when put under any pressure as they get incredibly defensive and passive-aggressive. NAI imo for them.

>Once again, classic Sabi. I saw them do similar things last game. They seem to not want to resolve power claim disputes in their analysis, viewing them all with blanket suspicion while simultaneously hunting for them and trying to out them. It is odd but I would probably also NAI for Sabi.

> Agreed and see above.

Unfortunately, I feel like am going to be repeating myself a lot. Sabi will have cases on people and not push them at all. Probably NAI for them.

> Agreed. Every now and then I read their posts and think "oh this probably wouldn't be said if they were coached by mafia properly" or "that seems like a bit of a township since it should be fairly obvious, especially for scum" but I just don't know if I can really count on that. Combine that with behavior I said I would scum read if it was literally anyone else and I find myself in a difficult conundrum when it comes to how to handle them.

That being said I do disagree with your last point. I don't think mis-killing Sabi before milo would be that bad beyond the fact that we wasted a shot. But given that they are in my target list, Durga's target list, in your sightlines, and presumably that of others, I think they are a reasonable target with decent chance of success, albeit less than rdr or Bunny, and I think are someone I would prefer to not have for milo for the exact reasons Snowy wanted them there for his planned 1vAll final stand.
All in getting from this is I should be killed before milo. I 100% agree on that. I'm a liability esp because I dunno what to do during milo.

These past two games I just wanted a quick death so that I didn't have to be in milo.

But yea a lot of this is just me not thinking and if that comes off as scummy then sure.

God thread is probably hooting and hollering right now.

BesharamSabi

#2516 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:23 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:21 am
Durga wrote:
want to note that sabi hammered kaka within one minute before it would give scum a super long night - you can say its NAI but jamie didn't hammer and I don't know why scum!sabi would hammer instead of just "not seeing the time" to give them a longer night
No one was pressuring me. I was making soup and wanted to do it before I continued to make soup.

Remember I posted my soup.

BesharamSabi

#2517 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:24 am

Maybe I do suck at this game.

BunnyGo

#2518 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:26 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:23 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:21 am
Durga wrote:
No one was pressuring me. I was making soup and wanted to do it before I continued to make soup.

Remember I posted my soup.
Yes, but most of page 69 is DeathLlama and me (and others) asking for someone to hammer and explaining to you why we wanted it.

BesharamSabi

#2519 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
This is not that much of a tunnel that worcej and Bunny had for me last game.

But yea I agree. Kill me before milo to save the town. I have no answers for this except I'm not playing 6D chess. I am not straight but my playing style is.

BunnyGo

#2520 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 am

OK, time to crash. Back in a few hours.

##vote death for now. I'm not liking the vibes. And I'm liking rdr's more. Will reconsider more tomorrow.