M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#821 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:13 am

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:11 am
Well, was hoping we'd have more to say, but not too much yet.

Cause we have flips on death, doubt there's even any info people will want to give end of night tomorrow.

And I still have trouble keeping everyone apart. It's less people, but it's still a lot of people to keep straight, I'm gonna think some people are the wrong thing for a while. Especially cause Bot on phone sounds annoying af, and when I just follow the forum thread anything over 3 pages back is not gonna be in my head at all.
But tomorrow I'm at work, which means laptop access all day, for super smart doom reads.
I don't recall you having issues in the much larger higher post count game?

snowy801

#822 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:14 am

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:11 am
Well, was hoping we'd have more to say, but not too much yet.

Cause we have flips on death, doubt there's even any info people will want to give end of night tomorrow.

And I still have trouble keeping everyone apart. It's less people, but it's still a lot of people to keep straight, I'm gonna think some people are the wrong thing for a while. Especially cause Bot on phone sounds annoying af, and when I just follow the forum thread anything over 3 pages back is not gonna be in my head at all.
But tomorrow I'm at work, which means laptop access all day, for super smart doom reads.
Bot on mobile is actually pretty great. It's perfectly sized for your analytical purposes

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#823 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:19 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:13 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:52 am
guys i think eden GMslipped that snowy and ghug are the same alignment
If we were both Mafia he would have responded in the QT.
No metagaming. Even if it's the GM's fault
Was not a serious suggestion

snowy801

#824 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:29 am

I imagined, but let us avoid even the spectre of such behavior

Well I'm turning in good night y'all

One day TFB will hear our pleas I'm sure of it

President Eden

#825 Post by President Eden » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:29 am

My shitpost was intended as a joke, and I think everyone properly interpreted it as such, but nonetheless I apologize for any impact it may have on the game.

As a reminder players should not attempt to ‘game’ GM posts to determine players’ alignments, even stupid shitposts.

Thanks all

Durga

#826 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:30 am

I forgive you.

TheFlyingBoat

#827 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:36 am

Wow that was a lot to catch up on after a very slow start. Sorry for lack of activity, from 9am Saturday to about 1pm I had to watch my Longhorns jump out to an early lead before melting down in front of my eyes and the rest of the day I was busy with back to back Virtual Diplomacy League games for about 14 hours. I want to first start of by saying I don't buy Kakarrotto's claim at all.

What the hell was the crumb nonsense? If I were him I would just claim to not crumb rather than claiming "let's hunt the witches guys!!!!!" or whatever it was he said was his crumb. Like do we seriously believe anyone claims "hey guys let's hunt scum" is an actual crumb? Part of me thinks it may be so terrible that no scum would come up with it, but given the guy has played before AND tried to crumb before I find me that very unlikely. Given that there is no role block in this game though, maybe we just let him live until a day before kilo and let him eat an NK or see if we can get something useful out of him after a few days of watching.

There is some interesting stuff in the EoD involving where votes went prior to the claim and after with regards to the rise and then evaporation of the Damo wagon, but I first want to hear some explanations from the Kakarrotto wagon voters who left as to why they chose the person they left for before I give my thoughts on that.

DeathLlama, ghug, and Snowy, care to explain why lfischl/damo became your targets of choice after the claim?

Expect a return to regular The Flying Long Posts programming for D2.

DeathLlama8

#828 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:38 am

yoooo new theflyingpost just dropped

I voted lfischl because there was like one minute left, it didn't seem possible to move enough people to damo (preferred option) in time, and I didn't want to kill a tracker claim

snowy801

#829 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:39 am

Blessed

I figured lfischl was a lazy scum wagon and damo was scum, not much to it

Such beliefs to be revisited but such as they were

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#830 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:39 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:36 am
Wow that was a lot to catch up on after a very slow start. Sorry for lack of activity, from 9am Saturday to about 1pm I had to watch my Longhorns jump out to an early lead before melting down in front of my eyes and the rest of the day I was busy with back to back Virtual Diplomacy League games for about 14 hours. I want to first start of by saying I don't buy Kakarrotto's claim at all.

What the hell was the crumb nonsense? If I were him I would just claim to not crumb rather than claiming "let's hunt the witches guys!!!!!" or whatever it was he said was his crumb. Like do we seriously believe anyone claims "hey guys let's hunt scum" is an actual crumb? Part of me thinks it may be so terrible that no scum would come up with it, but given the guy has played before AND tried to crumb before I find me that very unlikely. Given that there is no role block in this game though, maybe we just let him live until a day before kilo and let him eat an NK or see if we can get something useful out of him after a few days of watching.

There is some interesting stuff in the EoD involving where votes went prior to the claim and after with regards to the rise and then evaporation of the Damo wagon, but I first want to hear some explanations from the Kakarrotto wagon voters who left as to why they chose the person they left for before I give my thoughts on that.

DeathLlama, ghug, and Snowy, care to explain why lfischl/damo became your targets of choice after the claim?

I was on the record as being OK killing a lurker and not OK killing on damo. Add that lfischl was the next biggest wagon and that he'd been loitering around the thread in the last couple hours and it was a very easy choice.

TheFlyingBoat

#831 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:39 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:29 am
I imagined, but let us avoid even the spectre of such behavior

Well I'm turning in good night y'all

One day TFB will hear our pleas I'm sure of it
One day, or another, I'm gonna meet ya
I'm gonna meet ya, meet ya, meet ya, meet ya
[insert rest of bad attempt at a Blondies parody here]

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#832 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:40 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:39 am
Blessed

Weren't you shading lfischl just before the claim?

TheFlyingBoat

#833 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:42 am

snowy801 wrote:
Blessed

In light of what we saw D1 and so far in N1 how have your beliefs regarding the scumminess of damo changed? Are the motivating factors the same as before? Have any things you disregarded as NAIs become scum tells to you? Have anything you thought were scum tells become NAIs?

snowy801

#834 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:42 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:40 am
snowy801 wrote:
Blessed

Weren't you shading lfischl just before the claim?
If your reference was what I remember I distinctly recall saying I'm not sure what to make of it

If not... don't think so? He's a weird fellow, is all

snowy801

#835 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:45 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:42 am
snowy801 wrote:
Blessed

In light of what we saw D1 and so far in N1 how have your beliefs regarding the scumminess of damo changed? Are the motivating factors the same as before? Have any things you disregarded as NAIs become scum tells to you? Have anything you thought were scum tells become NAIs?
It hasn't really. I don't like to think of such things after a day ends

I also don't think there's such a thing as "NAI", just indications that we have not yet learned to read. And it hasn't changed, why would it? He hasn't done anything since

TheFlyingBoat

#836 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:48 am

ghug wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

I was on the record as being OK killing a lurker and not OK killing on damo. Add that lfischl was the next biggest wagon and that he'd been loitering around the thread in the last couple hours and it was a very easy choice.
Fair enough. What was your reticence to kill damo based on? Do you have strong town tells on him or something else? How do you read snowy given his preference to off damo?

TheFlyingBoat

#837 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:45 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Blessed

I also don't think there's such a thing as "NAI", just indications that we have not yet learned to read. And it hasn't changed, why would it? He hasn't done anything since
I mean his actions alone don't give away everything if you think he is scum. Reactions from others around him surely also help inform your view on whether he is scum or not. Interactions that seemed benign if you assume the other person is town become very different if you assume the other person is mafia.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#838 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:50 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:48 am
ghug wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Fair enough. What was your reticence to kill damo based on? Do you have strong town tells on him or something else? How do you read snowy given his preference to off damo?
He's a sneaky good townie, and I'm usually pretty good at reading him. He seemed fineish D1, but I think I'll know one way or the other in another day or two.

snowy801

#839 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:52 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:45 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

I mean his actions alone don't give away everything if you think he is scum. Reactions from others around him surely also help inform your view on whether he is scum or not. Interactions that seemed benign if you assume the other person is town become very different if you assume the other person is mafia.
I'm not a big fan of looking for connections. I prefer to come by my reads independently

Though I suppose I don't entirely discount such tools

Still, while your thought is appreciated I am unsure of its relevance to its preceding discussion

snowy801

#840 Post by snowy801 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:00 am

Well I'm actually going to sleep so have fun with your catchuo

I'm sure ghug will keep you company