M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1431

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2541 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:13 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:58 am
kinda weird that durga isn't pushing tfb anymore
I think they've explained why they've stopped and why it doesn't make sense at least for now.
1

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1431

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2542 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:14 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:41 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:15 am
Side note: I do find this funny to see but I could just be high:

Wagon # Voters
rdrivera2005 (1) Durga
BesharamSabi (1) DeathLlama8
Durga (1) rdrivera2005
BunnyGo (1) TheFlyingBoat
DeathLlama8 (1) BunnyGo
TheFlyingBoat (1) BesharamSabi
Okay this is both hilarious and problematic
It should resolve itself soon. I'll explain why I think it's Bunny before I go to bed again. If y'all don't find it convincing I'll happily switch to rdr or sari (rdr being my second preferred wagon)

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2128

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2543 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:14 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:02 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:09 am
why do you scum tfb again? is it mainly his defense of doom yesterday or has anything else pinged you?
They're obsessed with me ;) They scum read me after I role claimed JOAT last game and went un-CCed the entire time.
I'm not obsessed with you tyvm. You know who I'm obsessed with tyvm.

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2128

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2544 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:15 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:14 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:41 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:15 am
Side note: I do find this funny to see but I could just be high:

Wagon # Voters
rdrivera2005 (1) Durga
BesharamSabi (1) DeathLlama8
Durga (1) rdrivera2005
BunnyGo (1) TheFlyingBoat
DeathLlama8 (1) BunnyGo
TheFlyingBoat (1) BesharamSabi
Okay this is both hilarious and problematic
It should resolve itself soon. I'll explain why I think it's Bunny before I go to bed again. If y'all don't find it convincing I'll happily switch to rdr or sari (rdr being my second preferred wagon)
Who's sari

Sari not sari.

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2128

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2545 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:41 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:15 am
Side note: I do find this funny to see but I could just be high:

Wagon # Voters
rdrivera2005 (1) Durga
BesharamSabi (1) DeathLlama8
Durga (1) rdrivera2005
BunnyGo (1) TheFlyingBoat
DeathLlama8 (1) BunnyGo
TheFlyingBoat (1) BesharamSabi
Okay this is both hilarious and problematic
There's no pattern to this. Everyone said fuck it we are all voting for different people.

DeathLlama8
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 781

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2546 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:19 am

hey TFB, how do you feel about bunny’s voting behavior yesterday? I also get weird vibes from their posts but the jamiet vote yesterday is interesting to me

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1431

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2547 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:35 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:19 am
hey TFB, how do you feel about bunny’s voting behavior yesterday? I also get weird vibes from their posts but the jamiet vote yesterday is interesting to me
It doesn't seem that odd to me. He had to know that one of them was going to die and at that point it's hopping on the winning wagon and hoping you can go deep enough to win on your own.

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1431

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2548 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:25 am

So here's how I look at Bunny's actions since he subbed in. I am just going to quote my D2 post for now since I am not sure based on VCA given new info anything has changed. I'll reread when I am less sleepy and see if I see anything in the posts beyond what I already posted:

D3:

Bunny's first vote is for Doom because he doesn't like her shitposting and thinks some her posts are off from her style last game, which doesn't seem that weird until you look at the rest of the votes in context at the time. With Jamie and him as the largest wagons when rejoins the thread, basic instinct with that much time left would be to try and force a counter wagon to emerge without lending too much obvious support to Jamie. The other choices at the time are Doom, Rdr, and me, each of us with one vote. I am simply impossible to vote for given his view about ghug's "claim" leaving it at Doom and Rdr. Doom is his first impulse which makes sense given that the momentum seems to be abandoning the Rdr wagon given it went from 3 to 1 recently. After getting pushback from me, Bunny had to defend the vote and didn't seem able to come up with a quick one and instead a couple votes later moves his vote over to rdr in an attempt to jumpstart that wagon's life again. Much like the Doom vote this one fails to gain traction while it becomes clearer and clearer that Jamie and Bunny are the most likely day kill targets given the destruction of the Doom wagon and the collapse of the rdr one. Bunny is left with a choice and takes the only reasonable one left to him if he wants to win is to bus Jamie, which is what I think he did there.

D2:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:04 am
Sure, let me pull up the post numbers, but tbh more than it being any one post it was a series of them where Bunny went from reading the thread with an open-ish mind and looking at everyone, which seems like a read list someone one comes up with while following the game (the fact that he has ghug as his most scummy besides kaka is NAI to me and I don't read into that too strongly). If I am scum!bunny I would post this read list and try to keep acting with this thought process as at least for the early part of that day it should be relatively easy to fake. He then comes around and posts a great point about scum should be fake claiming lost sibling as it is the easiest role to safely fake claim by far, which I think is something a neutral bunny watching the game would see.

As we enter the EoD we see Bunny start to lose some of this ability to keep the whole game in sight and begins to tunnel down on ghug for some really inane things which is possible for town!bunny to do, but it marks a step away from the more open style that precedes it. Even after Damo's claim Bunny lasers in on ghug and starts to lay into him for reasons that are harder to follow than bunny's initial comments were.

1301, 1315 marked the descent. 1520 was the big one. At this point he is ghoing after ghug in N2 for not having any town reads which doesn't make sense as ghug did start to build up a town core over the course of D2. Had he backed off of that being an issue I would have understood it as ghug wasn't as forthcoming with reads as perhaps one would have liked very early in the turn from what I remember in the earlier reread. But by the end he had a PoE of 4 and a set of town reads. That looks to me like a mafia who has gotten overexcited by their first night of the game who has forgotten/lost track of the thread and is focused on other things.
Durga seemed to imply this sort of tunneling and asshole-y behavior was indicative of scum!bunny in previous games so I am curious as to what she thinks about how Bunny went after ghug and if it is indicative of anything in any way.

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2549 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:18 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:34 am
Also bunny. If it's deathllama it'll sort itself out end game
Why do you say that?

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2550 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:19 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:13 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:09 am
why do you scum tfb again? is it mainly his defense of doom yesterday or has anything else pinged you?
His reads on me has been the most inconsistent. On one hand he's like oh yea Sabi is town because that's how they are and the other is him going along with anyone tunneling on me. His quickness to vote for me when damo voted for me was suspect.

Idk but yea that's my take.
So rdr trying to kill you is towny, but TFB trying to kill you is scummy? Is there a difference between the two situations in your mind?

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2551 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:47 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:25 am
So here's how I look at Bunny's actions since he subbed in. I am just going to quote my D2 post for now since I am not sure based on VCA given new info anything has changed. I'll reread when I am less sleepy and see if I see anything in the posts beyond what I already posted:

D3:

Bunny's first vote is for Doom because he doesn't like her shitposting and thinks some her posts are off from her style last game, which doesn't seem that weird until you look at the rest of the votes in context at the time. With Jamie and him as the largest wagons when rejoins the thread, basic instinct with that much time left would be to try and force a counter wagon to emerge without lending too much obvious support to Jamie. The other choices at the time are Doom, Rdr, and me, each of us with one vote. I am simply impossible to vote for given his view about ghug's "claim" leaving it at Doom and Rdr. Doom is his first impulse which makes sense given that the momentum seems to be abandoning the Rdr wagon given it went from 3 to 1 recently. After getting pushback from me, Bunny had to defend the vote and didn't seem able to come up with a quick one and instead a couple votes later moves his vote over to rdr in an attempt to jumpstart that wagon's life again. Much like the Doom vote this one fails to gain traction while it becomes clearer and clearer that Jamie and Bunny are the most likely day kill targets given the destruction of the Doom wagon and the collapse of the rdr one. Bunny is left with a choice and takes the only reasonable one left to him if he wants to win is to bus Jamie, which is what I think he did there.

D2:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:04 am
Sure, let me pull up the post numbers, but tbh more than it being any one post it was a series of them where Bunny went from reading the thread with an open-ish mind and looking at everyone, which seems like a read list someone one comes up with while following the game (the fact that he has ghug as his most scummy besides kaka is NAI to me and I don't read into that too strongly). If I am scum!bunny I would post this read list and try to keep acting with this thought process as at least for the early part of that day it should be relatively easy to fake. He then comes around and posts a great point about scum should be fake claiming lost sibling as it is the easiest role to safely fake claim by far, which I think is something a neutral bunny watching the game would see.

As we enter the EoD we see Bunny start to lose some of this ability to keep the whole game in sight and begins to tunnel down on ghug for some really inane things which is possible for town!bunny to do, but it marks a step away from the more open style that precedes it. Even after Damo's claim Bunny lasers in on ghug and starts to lay into him for reasons that are harder to follow than bunny's initial comments were.

1301, 1315 marked the descent. 1520 was the big one. At this point he is ghoing after ghug in N2 for not having any town reads which doesn't make sense as ghug did start to build up a town core over the course of D2. Had he backed off of that being an issue I would have understood it as ghug wasn't as forthcoming with reads as perhaps one would have liked very early in the turn from what I remember in the earlier reread. But by the end he had a PoE of 4 and a set of town reads. That looks to me like a mafia who has gotten overexcited by their first night of the game who has forgotten/lost track of the thread and is focused on other things.
Durga seemed to imply this sort of tunneling and asshole-y behavior was indicative of scum!bunny in previous games so I am curious as to what she thinks about how Bunny went after ghug and if it is indicative of anything in any way.
This is a lot of confbias. I vote jamie there as scum too. But I was honestly pushing my reads as a miskill would have put us in a bad situation. Damo convinced me that my read on Doom was not good. Look at this from scum!Bunny POV vs town!Bunny:

--scum!Bunny knows Jamie is never surviving to the end of the game, and pushes him hard when I "find" any reason to suspect him.
--town!Bunny knows nothing and pushes my stronger reads until damo makes it clear to me they suck.

My reasons for laying into ghug are well deserved, and as my kid would say "he started it" (I sent him several more messages in the GT after scum killed him).

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2552 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:48 am

I miss having Europeans in the game.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5886
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1679

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2553 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:50 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:03 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:02 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:26 pm
That's something I agree. We can't wait for town Jamiet to be toxic, in fact we shouldn't incentive anyone to be toxic as any alignment.
Here?
yeah i think it was that. do you think that is like a subtle way to like defend jamie?
You should know that if I was Jamiet partner I would have bussed him pretty hard.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5886
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1679

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2554 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:53 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 am
if either one of us is scum we shoot the other tonight and then coast to victory

This is really weird, but also true.

I just don't know.

##vote Bunny

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5886
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1679

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2555 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:27 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:26 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:25 am
want to note that sabi hammered kaka within one minute before it would give scum a super long night - you can say its NAI but jamie didn't hammer and I don't know why scum!sabi would hammer instead of just "not seeing the time" to give them a longer night
especially since scum!sabi would be new and would probably be looking to jamie for guidance on how to act in that situation?
jamiet was afk for most of post-damo claim day 2 if I remember correctly? the rest of it is a good catch but idk how useful a super long night is for scum at that point
If DL is scum it will be the most deserved scum win of all times.

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2556 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:55 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:27 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:26 am


especially since scum!sabi would be new and would probably be looking to jamie for guidance on how to act in that situation?
jamiet was afk for most of post-damo claim day 2 if I remember correctly? the rest of it is a good catch but idk how useful a super long night is for scum at that point
If DL is scum it will be the most deserved scum win of all times.
:?

Why are you paying off to it?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5886
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1679

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2557 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:00 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:41 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:39 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:38 am
okay rdr is genuinely voting for me like how can he be town
why is that bad?
How am I at all scummy? How am I his top choice of scum rn? Like is he hell bent on killing this thread or what?
Why you think is so scummy to vote you? Because you post a lot? This is as NAI as Ghug posting a lot or me being a low poster.
Tell me what you did other then buddying DL and Sabi that's so obviously towny? You actively tried to save Kak and bussing Jamiet is the obvious thing for scum on D3. So, why are you so obviously town?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5886
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1679

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2558 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:02 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:55 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:27 am


jamiet was afk for most of post-damo claim day 2 if I remember correctly? the rest of it is a good catch but idk how useful a super long night is for scum at that point
If DL is scum it will be the most deserved scum win of all times.
:?

Why are you paying off to it?
I honestly don't understand your question.

But I was just pointing how obviously town they has been and if I am wrong it's a world class act.

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2559 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:05 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:02 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:55 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 am


If DL is scum it will be the most deserved scum win of all times.
:?

Why are you paying off to it?
I honestly don't understand your question.

But I was just pointing how obviously town they has been and if I am wrong it's a world class act.
Ah, I misunderstood your statement. I had just been rereading their posts and thinking how much I'd expect him to be able to fake this town style (if it is town now). Much of it is research/rereads, which is easy to just do as town or scum with time.

Doom427
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 977

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2560 Post by Doom427 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:17 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:19 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:15 am
Side note: I do find this funny to see but I could just be high:

Wagon # Voters
rdrivera2005 (1) Durga
BesharamSabi (1) DeathLlama8
Durga (1) rdrivera2005
BunnyGo (1) TheFlyingBoat
DeathLlama8 (1) BunnyGo
TheFlyingBoat (1) BesharamSabi
ok now doom has to self vote
Ah, finally, something I understand!

##VOTE ME!!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BusinessLamp and 5 guests