M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2081 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:45 pm

So you're accusing me of jumping around when you're okay to vote pretty much anyone?

Doom427

#2082 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:42 pm
Doom, have you shared your thoughts on tfb?
Not yet, but I like these posts
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:41 pm

Sure, the ranking is more a product of meta analysis and less of hard behavior, something I hope to supplement during my reread and in fact I already do feel somewhat less confident in it. I liked some of Bunny's earlier posts but points about him being a replacement and therefore easily able to play as town since that's how he basically thought about it before he replaced was convincing to me that I shouldn't take that as town indicative as one would initially think. Further some of his later posts were far less appealing and that was true even before ghug's death. Bunnicula is now pretty higher on my list.

Rdr is someone who's posting I generally like but do find to be hard to read for certain. He hasn't done anything I would consider obv town and is therefore in the PoE. He was on the back side of it earlier just in front of bunny because while he hadn't obv towned he had posted well but not that bunny is higher up on my list, rdr is now at the bottom of it. The fact he didn't really fight it at all and understood why he was on the list was nice.

Durga has seemed off this game and hasn't been asking the tough questions I saw her ask last time and has been shitposting interspersed with a little bit of righteous indignation for not being seen as obv town yet.

As for Jamie, he's been far too nice and unabrasive. Someone told me in the last game Jamie fakes being nice when he's scum where he feels more comfortable being an asshole when he's town.
and this one
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:50 am

The tl;dr is from the moment he showed his "crumb" I thought he was scum and had a plan on how and when I wanted him day killed. The timeline for Kak's death was accelerated by a claim. My view stayed roughly the same over the time I was checking the thread, namely that Kak lied and did so I'm a pretty poor gain, whether you look at my N1 message, my D2 rejoinder, and most of all my back and forth with ghug.
JESUS THEY'RE TOO BIG OH MY GOD. Umm, anyway, gonna stop reposting quotes cause this is gonna be massive otherwise

Also the pushs on Sabi when they voted me, and explaining why it's scummy. Maybe it's.. .kinda obvious. It is super obvious, but basically they're saying what I'm thinking today. While the defense of me is suspect (I think most defenses are a little suspect, unless they put some pressure on someone else), in general I like it

BunnyGo

#2083 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:45 pm
So you're accusing me of jumping around when you're okay to vote pretty much anyone?
Last game I thought Doom was the calmest most sensible voice of reason. This game I thought she was off the walls loose and uncomfortable. I just went back to reread, and she looks very similar to last game. See for example:
Doom427 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:46 pm
The Theory you've all been waiting for.

I think...

that....

Are you ready for your mind to be blown??????

Well.......

I think

Worcej=Doctor, Bona=VT, Chaqa=Cop. Bozo,TomB, and probably Jasnah too are all Scum.

I was workshopping the idea that maybe Bozo is the real doctor, but knowing that Tom is scum? That's not actually likely, in my read of what was going on Day 1 and Day 2. Jasnah is probably the best bet for digging, just cause the only possible question is Bunny=Miller?

Either we're winning by a lot, cause all PR are telling the truth, or someone is going to sneak a win because a PR is losing. I don't see Chaqa lying about Cop, and if that's true, Tom has to be scum, and Scum!Tom heavily condemns Bozo. Which does throw some guilt on Jasnah, but not as much.
Between recalibrating her tone in my head and damo's VCA she's looking more like a confused/searching town than what I'd seen before.

Durga

#2084 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:47 pm

@doom how do you feel about how tfb is defending you really strongly. Why do you think he's doing that

Durga

#2085 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:49 pm

Yeah I actually do think doom is town ultimately. Her timely vote on kaka plus her investigative posts are pretty good. No idea what happened d2 there but definitely not a kill for today.

Doom427

#2086 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:49 pm

Durga wrote:
You got me there. I guess I figured good players have already solved the game and don't scum read that many people <3

And it's less jumping around and more following others. Why did you join me on Damo Day 2?

BunnyGo

#2087 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:50 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:47 pm
<snip>

JESUS THEY'RE TOO BIG OH MY GOD. Umm, anyway, gonna stop reposting quotes cause this is gonna be massive otherwise

<snip>
I personally like editing quotes, some other players like putting the quotes as hyperlinks. If you're playing on your phone still, neither is easy but snipping isn't too hard. If you're playing in the bath on your phone still, then you have made excellent life choices, but wouldn't recommend editing.

Durga

#2088 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:51 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:49 pm
Durga wrote:
You got me there. I guess I figured good players have already solved the game and don't scum read that many people <3

And it's less jumping around and more following others. Why did you join me on Damo Day 2?
I just like to see how people react to pressure building on them, and how others react to it as well.

damo666

#2089 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:52 pm

Somebody remind me why DL is apparently locktown.

I've just looked at D1 voting and it's not obvious.

Doom427

#2090 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:53 pm

Durga wrote:
@doom how do you feel about how tfb is defending you really strongly. Why do you think he's doing that
Again, I don't like it, but if TFB thought I was gonna be voted out, well? I do go long stretches without posting much, maybe he thought I needed protection? More importantly, it's a game about talking, if one player is saying someone is scum, it's not that weird for a third party to jump in with their own argument. It keeps the game moving along, which is nice, and seeing people's reaction to that is good.

I agree with you that it's a scum sign, but if people are saying a townie is scummy, I could see a townie defending them? It's not what I would usually do, but I don't think it's out of the world. I add it to the rest of my analysis of TFB, and say I don't really want to vote there today

Durga

#2091 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:54 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:52 pm
Somebody remind me why DL is apparently locktown.

I've just looked at D1 voting and it's not obvious.
Everytime I talk to him I feel like I'm talking to a like-minded individual who is trying to solve the game. It's more a vibes thing for me than action based.

Doom427

#2092 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:50 pm
Doom427 wrote:
<snip>

<snip>
I personally like <editing> quotes, some other players like putting the quotes as hyperlinks. If you're playing on your phone still, neither is easy but snipping isn't too hard. If you're playing in the bath on your phone still, then you have made excellent life choices, but wouldn't recommend editing.
Nah, that's only on weekends and after the day splits (4 is a pretty perfect end of day for me). Right now I'm "WORKING". On that, gonna go do work for a little while.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2093 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:10 pm
I can't believe town!rdr would think I'm a good choice for today
Because you are so obviously town?

You are not my top scumread and I am not voting you because of this. But you are far more dangerous if you were scum then Jamiet and Bunny as they will be eventually flipped. Probably just Doom is more dangerous then you if they are scum, because they won't be DKed too, but in this case they probably deserve to win.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2094 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:00 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:16 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:04 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:09 am

Not trying to force. Reading your post and it looked too confident about them knowing to me. I don't see you as someone who is imprecise like that normally. I also don't see town!rdr tunneling me for prodding.

I'll need to dig up damo's read on you, because I'm really not seeing it.
I was confident on the reason why Damo is still alive. I am shit at looking for crumbs and PRs (and Damo can confirm this when we were scum together). I think scum have at least one experienced player.

I am not tunneling you. I keep flip floping my mind on you, Jamiet and Durga as the best choice for today. But I really fail to see how you interpret my post as a scumslip unless you were looking for a reason to get a counter to you (which could also be a towny move, I admit).
I refer you to my calling card.

Jamie I see. This is the first I'm hearing about Durga. Why do you think Durga is a best choice for today?
Durga is playing a low profile game, she isn't fighting hard against anyone and she isn't a likely DK. I just don't get the strong town feeling I get last game and she is dangerous exactly because no one is talking about her. It's more or less how I play as scum, that's why I am suspicious.

Doom427

#2095 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:00 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Durga wrote:
Last game I thought Doom was the calmest most sensible voice of reason. This game I thought she was off the walls loose and uncomfortable. I just went back to reread, and she looks very similar to last game. See for example:
Doom427 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:46 pm
The Theory you've all been waiting for.

I think...

that....

Are you ready for your mind to be blown??????

Well.......

I think

Worcej=Doctor, Bona=VT, Chaqa=Cop. Bozo,TomB, and probably Jasnah too are all Scum.

I was workshopping the idea that maybe Bozo is the real doctor, but knowing that Tom is scum? That's not actually likely, in my read of what was going on Day 1 and Day 2. Jasnah is probably the best bet for digging, just cause the only possible question is Bunny=Miller?

Either we're winning by a lot, cause all PR are telling the truth, or someone is going to sneak a win because a PR is losing. I don't see Chaqa lying about Cop, and if that's true, Tom has to be scum, and Scum!Tom heavily condemns Bozo. Which does throw some guilt on Jasnah, but not as much.
Between recalibrating her tone in my head and damo's VCA she's looking more like a confused/searching town than what I'd seen before.
I like that your evidence of me being much more calm and collected last game is a quote that I made because I was preparing to do the rather stupid and outrageous argument that bozo is the real doctor. I was gonna make an impulsive and off the walls post, before taking a moment, rereading everything, and realizing that wasn't actually accurate. The universe where I make the off the walls post and that calm and collected post are very close together- I contain multitudes, two lions inside you, etc, etc. I guess y'all can say I've been playing a more impulsive game, but... eh? I guess last game I leaned more rational than this one? Last game all we needed to do to win was... play rationally and do the obvious play? That's not true this game, we need to play more off, cause we can't just kill into pool, we have to have better reads.

Ok, now I make the calm and rational choice to work, because my boss might get annoyed if I don't do... something today

Durga

#2096 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:01 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:00 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:04 pm

I was confident on the reason why Damo is still alive. I am shit at looking for crumbs and PRs (and Damo can confirm this when we were scum together). I think scum have at least one experienced player.

I am not tunneling you. I keep flip floping my mind on you, Jamiet and Durga as the best choice for today. But I really fail to see how you interpret my post as a scumslip unless you were looking for a reason to get a counter to you (which could also be a towny move, I admit).

Jamie I see. This is the first I'm hearing about Durga. Why do you think Durga is a best choice for today?
Durga is playing a low profile game, she isn't fighting hard against anyone and she isn't a likely DK. I just don't get the strong town feeling I get last game and she is dangerous exactly because no one is talking about her. It's more or less how I play as scum, that's why I am suspicious.
Imagine being told you're playing a low profile after being the top poster and hounding everyone all day. Yeah okay rdr, totally you believe that.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2097 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:02 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:41 pm
That's just kinda what I'm like. I'd argue scum are less likely to jump around actually. I jumped around a lot last game too, do you think it's different here?

But I haven't been entirely reactive I've pushed a lot and I'm trying to figure it out. I don't actually hate that post on me tho, surprisingly. A lot better than rdr randomly shading me every fifth post.
I am not shading you, at least I am not consciously tryng to shade you. I really want to believe you are town, I said this before and it's true.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2098 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:01 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:00 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

Imagine being told you're playing a low profile after being the top poster and hounding everyone all day. Yeah okay rdr, totally you believe that.
Not low post count. You usually have a low more strong reactions when you are town (like now).

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2099 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Durga wrote:
I think anyone not jumping around at this point are either scum or have a really huge self-confidence.

damo666

#2100 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:27 pm

Who is gonna be around EOD?

As it stands we have to assume J will switch to B causing a tie.

It is important that as many of us as possible are online at EOD.