M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1561 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:58 pm
Do you think my reasons for not wanting kaka are scummy? Or do you just think the fact that I tried to save him is the only thing worth looking at? I also don't recall trying to push damo? When was that.
You seem to not like both Kak and lfischl wagon and asked Snowy about Damo. Maybe I am misinterpretation this, but I thought you were saying you prefer Damo over the other two. Ghug questioned you and you answered "why would we kill either of them". I thought you were referring to Uber and lfischl. And later you said again you don't want to kill Kaka, so I assumed you want to kill Damo.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18448
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10230
Contact:

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1562 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:10 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:05 pm
I don't have much to add at this point. Still think Durga is town and assuming Damo is. The Ghug vs Bunny interaction is fairly standard for both of them. I don't know why Ghug is calling Bunny "disgusting", that's rather over the top to be honest.

The scum are probably in the pool of Boat, Doom, Bonatogether, Rdrivera and B-Sabi? Put Bunny in that pool too I guess.
Why do you think Doom is a more likely Kak busser than anyone else?

(I didn't call Bunny disgusting, for the record, though I did call one of his actions despicable, so take that as you will)
I didn't specifically consider the bussing angle, it was just a quick surface reflection. I suppose you could actually therefore put DeathLlama in there too because they also voted Kak.

You say disgusting, I say potato, etc. What was so despicable exactly? I wasn't sure what justified that extreme reaction.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18448
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10230
Contact:

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1563 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:22 pm
i've looked over some of kakarroto's posts and have concluded that he was probably scum
Hur hur hur.

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1564 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:30 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:58 pm
Do you think my reasons for not wanting kaka are scummy? Or do you just think the fact that I tried to save him is the only thing worth looking at? I also don't recall trying to push damo? When was that.
You seem to not like both Kak and lfischl wagon and asked Snowy about Damo. Maybe I am misinterpretation this, but I thought you were saying you prefer Damo over the other two. Ghug questioned you and you answered "why would we kill either of them". I thought you were referring to Uber and lfischl. And later you said again you don't want to kill Kaka, so I assumed you want to kill Damo.
No I said snowy damo because I didn't want to kill either of them. I spent all day voting uber and then ended on ifischl.

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1565 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:32 pm

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt rdr and say you misread as opposed to actively try and mischaracterize my d1 actions. Also pls comment on my reasons why I didn't want to kill Kak - do you think that was scummy reasoning?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1566 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:33 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:30 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:58 pm
Do you think my reasons for not wanting kaka are scummy? Or do you just think the fact that I tried to save him is the only thing worth looking at? I also don't recall trying to push damo? When was that.
You seem to not like both Kak and lfischl wagon and asked Snowy about Damo. Maybe I am misinterpretation this, but I thought you were saying you prefer Damo over the other two. Ghug questioned you and you answered "why would we kill either of them". I thought you were referring to Uber and lfischl. And later you said again you don't want to kill Kaka, so I assumed you want to kill Damo.
No I said snowy damo because I didn't want to kill either of them. I spent all day voting uber and then ended on ifischl.
The vote on Uber I didn't see (it was as Invalid on bot). Well, I would put you down to a null then, but you are still on the POE, sorry.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12122
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6377

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1567 Post by ghug » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:35 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:58 pm
Do you think my reasons for not wanting kaka are scummy? Or do you just think the fact that I tried to save him is the only thing worth looking at? I also don't recall trying to push damo? When was that.
You seem to not like both Kak and lfischl wagon and asked Snowy about Damo. Maybe I am misinterpretation this, but I thought you were saying you prefer Damo over the other two. Ghug questioned you and you answered "why would we kill either of them". I thought you were referring to Uber and lfischl. And later you said again you don't want to kill Kaka, so I assumed you want to kill Damo.
I think she said that about snowy and damo.

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1568 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:36 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:33 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:30 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 pm


You seem to not like both Kak and lfischl wagon and asked Snowy about Damo. Maybe I am misinterpretation this, but I thought you were saying you prefer Damo over the other two. Ghug questioned you and you answered "why would we kill either of them". I thought you were referring to Uber and lfischl. And later you said again you don't want to kill Kaka, so I assumed you want to kill Damo.
No I said snowy damo because I didn't want to kill either of them. I spent all day voting uber and then ended on ifischl.
The vote on Uber I didn't see (it was as Invalid on bot). Well, I would put you down to a null then, but you are still on the POE, sorry.
Which begs the question - did you even read my posts before deciding I was your #1 choice as scum? And why am I still in the POE? Just because why not?

Do you have any kind of strong scumread on anyone? Can you explain what makes the people not in your POE towny?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1569 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:37 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:32 pm
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt rdr and say you misread as opposed to actively try and mischaracterize my d1 actions. Also pls comment on my reasons why I didn't want to kill Kak - do you think that was scummy reasoning?
You just said you want to vote someone unlikely to participate, you didn't gave any reasoning about Kak (at least on D1, didn't read later). This isn't scummy per se, but it's also a good way to drive the voting away of an active partner.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12122
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6377

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1570 Post by ghug » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:38 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:10 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:05 pm
I don't have much to add at this point. Still think Durga is town and assuming Damo is. The Ghug vs Bunny interaction is fairly standard for both of them. I don't know why Ghug is calling Bunny "disgusting", that's rather over the top to be honest.

The scum are probably in the pool of Boat, Doom, Bonatogether, Rdrivera and B-Sabi? Put Bunny in that pool too I guess.
Why do you think Doom is a more likely Kak busser than anyone else?

(I didn't call Bunny disgusting, for the record, though I did call one of his actions despicable, so take that as you will)
I didn't specifically consider the bussing angle, it was just a quick surface reflection. I suppose you could actually therefore put DeathLlama in there too because they also voted Kak.

You say disgusting, I say potato, etc. What was so despicable exactly? I wasn't sure what justified that extreme reaction.
Bunny has an established pattern of trying to use technological shortcomings (like the who's online detail page) to game the game. Beyond the illogicality of his thoughts about QT being down, I'm sick of him trying to do those things.

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1571 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:42 pm

And for the record I don't have particularly strong reads for scum atm, but I'm waiting till the day to figure it out and see where the discussion takes us. This whole POE nonsense everyone is always going on about is exhausting. Everyone is in the POE unless clear. Don't overlook certain people just because you think they might be town. I also don't think we should be ignoring doom or Sabi just because they are newer.

There's most likely a deep scum that isn't in all this silly "POE" shit so maybe stop making it easy for more than half the game to coast. I think ghug navigating in only finding scum in a small group is the scummiest part of his game so far. I can't understand why town ghug would rule out so many people so quickly

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1572 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:36 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:33 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:30 pm


No I said snowy damo because I didn't want to kill either of them. I spent all day voting uber and then ended on ifischl.
The vote on Uber I didn't see (it was as Invalid on bot). Well, I would put you down to a null then, but you are still on the POE, sorry.
Which begs the question - did you even read my posts before deciding I was your #1 choice as scum? And why am I still in the POE? Just because why not?

Do you have any kind of strong scumread on anyone? Can you explain what makes the people not in your POE towny?
I read the last two hours of D1. My analysis was only based on this.

I don't have a strong scumread on anyone, that's why I was trying to dig into this, this is the better info we have (a scum wagon, two town wagons and a fake claim). Still not perfect because a lot of players (including me) just missed EOD1.

About my list, I don't see scum bussing Kak on D1 that way, specially Ghug and Llama. Doom have been pretty towny too. Vecna could be the busser as he just didn't came back, so Bunny is still on the POE. TFB I townread too, but it's a weaker read. Did I forgot someone?

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1573 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Like it's legit irritating "oh we're gonna kill off these four players first and then see" like shut UP that's not how this works and each day is gonna get us new info so just stop!!!

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1574 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Also rdr my last two messages are just in general not just directed at you sorry lol

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12122
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6377

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1575 Post by ghug » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:47 pm

Durga, do you think scum Sabi would openly ask for Doom to claim PR like that?

Do you think town Sabi would take me offering them a position in my towncore at face value without any skepticism like they did?

Boat, same question.

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1576 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:48 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:47 pm
Durga, do you think scum Sabi would openly ask for Doom to claim PR like that?

Do you think town Sabi would take me offering them a position in my towncore at face value without any skepticism like they did?

Boat, same question.
Why not??? What do you know about scum!Sabi? It's totally within their range.

I can't recall how Sabi reacted to your town core thing but I don't think either instance is necessarily alignment indicative.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12122
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6377

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1577 Post by ghug » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:45 pm
Like it's legit irritating "oh we're gonna kill off these four players first and then see" like shut UP that's not how this works and each day is gonna get us new info so just stop!!!
Who said the pool is set in stone? There are four players who look worse than the other players. That's where I want to be looking right now. That doesn't mean ignoring anyone else (except for damo, Boat, and Sabi, my blessed towncore).

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1578 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:42 pm
And for the record I don't have particularly strong reads for scum atm, but I'm waiting till the day to figure it out and see where the discussion takes us. This whole POE nonsense everyone is always going on about is exhausting. Everyone is in the POE unless clear. Don't overlook certain people just because you think they might be town. I also don't think we should be ignoring doom or Sabi just because they are newer.

There's most likely a deep scum that isn't in all this silly "POE" shit so maybe stop making it easy for more than half the game to coast. I think ghug navigating in only finding scum in a small group is the scummiest part of his game so far. I can't understand why town ghug would rule out so many people so quickly
I am not ruling out anyone, but I strongly disagree with you about POE. Last game town won basically won by building a towncore and voting in the POE.

And how do we play without sorting people between who we townread and who we scumread? My POE is just the people I don't townread and would consider voting tomorrow. And it could change if we got new info.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12122
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6377

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1579 Post by ghug » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:48 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:47 pm
Durga, do you think scum Sabi would openly ask for Doom to claim PR like that?

Do you think town Sabi would take me offering them a position in my towncore at face value without any skepticism like they did?

Boat, same question.
Why not??? What do you know about scum!Sabi? It's totally within their range.

I can't recall how Sabi reacted to your town core thing but I don't think either instance is necessarily alignment indicative.
You know them better than I do. That's why I'm asking you.

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1580 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:51 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:49 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:42 pm
And for the record I don't have particularly strong reads for scum atm, but I'm waiting till the day to figure it out and see where the discussion takes us. This whole POE nonsense everyone is always going on about is exhausting. Everyone is in the POE unless clear. Don't overlook certain people just because you think they might be town. I also don't think we should be ignoring doom or Sabi just because they are newer.

There's most likely a deep scum that isn't in all this silly "POE" shit so maybe stop making it easy for more than half the game to coast. I think ghug navigating in only finding scum in a small group is the scummiest part of his game so far. I can't understand why town ghug would rule out so many people so quickly
I am not ruling out anyone, but I strongly disagree with you about POE. Last game town won basically won by building a towncore and voting in the POE.

And how do we play without sorting people between who we townread and who we scumread? My POE is just the people I don't townread and would consider voting tomorrow. And it could change if we got new info.
Actually town won last game because scum killed randoms instead of clears and made bad choices.

It's fine to have your townreads and what not but it's fucking irritating that half this game has decided that one half is untouchable for the near future. Like no.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests