M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1301 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:55 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:46 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:06 pm


Why Shama?
Why ghug scum?
Why Durga so town?
What you call everyone missed, I call "not relevant, stop trying to game GM info".
Sh is how Ll is pronounced in Argentina. And it’s awesome.

Your play has seemed off. I’ve been tunneling a bit, but everything you’ve done seems calculated: pushing my obv town reads, buddying new players (above supporting, but actively agreeing with their reads), keeping town on their back foot all of day 1 despite being the high poster. It’s all been off.

She seems just like last game. I’d not say I have a solid ability to read Durga, but all her “figuring out powers and consequences “ seems honest. Her confusion, her learning and changing. Seems like town Durga.

You call not relevant because it points at YOU! And it’s certainly part of the game. And the fact nobody even mentioned it was telling.
The only person high on your town list I've pushed is Durga, and you acknowledge yourself you're not great at reading her, so scumreading my over that is silly, and pretending it's plural instead of just saying "Durga" is disingenuous.

How does QT being down point at me? It's not relevant because it happened during the day, and Eden is fully capable of finding another place for people to talk if it does happen at night.
See. This is I think a potential scum slip on top of the initial one regarding the QT. Nobody said when it was down. My curiosity was about whether scum even HAD a pregame chat.

And as for my read on you, it is. But your response has not been towny. I just wish someone else had pushed you first. My sense was so strong that I told the GT I’d consider voting you over kaka after damo’s claim. But I’m not a prosecutor. I’m not a debater. I’m saying my sense, and my sense is that you’ve been getting entirely too easy a pass this game.
1

DeathLlama8
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 697

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1302 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:47 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 pm
hell yeah damo I’m sorry I ever doubted you ##vote kakarroto
we should wait until he comes back before hammering
@bunny - it’s pronounced llama like the word llama
But pronounced like in English, or Spanish, or Argentinian Spanish?
mandarin
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12484
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6526

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1303 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:02 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:51 pm
I am having technical difficulties with QuickTopic. Hopefully they will be resolved prior to the start of Night 1, when it actually matters, but if not we’ll come up with a solution.
Posted day 1. Stop lying, and maybe think about not trying to concoct bullshit reasons to game GM communication every game. It's beyond old.
1

Durga
Posts: 9104
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4405

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1304 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Ghug is really serious this game
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12484
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6526

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1305 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:03 pm
Ghug is really serious this game
You know how I feel about Bunny pulling this sort of crap.
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1306 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:09 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:47 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 pm
hell yeah damo I’m sorry I ever doubted you ##vote kakarroto
we should wait until he comes back before hammering
@bunny - it’s pronounced llama like the word llama
But pronounced like in English, or Spanish, or Argentinian Spanish?
mandarin
…giving even more interesting questions. Your autocorrect and other things have been giving so many lovely non-game related puzzles. Like, how did you guess Durga had a handle change? It isn’t very common?
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1307 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:10 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:02 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:51 pm
I am having technical difficulties with QuickTopic. Hopefully they will be resolved prior to the start of Night 1, when it actually matters, but if not we’ll come up with a solution.
Posted day 1. Stop lying, and maybe think about not trying to concoct bullshit reasons to game GM communication every game. It's beyond old.
*This*—much more than Doom—looks like scum caught for the wrong reason.
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1308 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:11 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:03 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:03 pm
Ghug is really serious this game
You know how I feel about Bunny pulling this sort of crap.
I’m not pulling crap. I’m core dumping all my thoughts from the last 60+ pages. This was one of them. I did nothing but comment on it and watch you overreact and completely ignore the idea that town was at loose ends because you were a high poster (and snowy is hard for town to coalesce around)
1

DeathLlama8
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 697

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1309 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:12 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:09 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:47 pm


But pronounced like in English, or Spanish, or Argentinian Spanish?
mandarin
…giving even more interesting questions. Your autocorrect and other things have been giving so many lovely non-game related puzzles. Like, how did you guess Durga had a handle change? It isn’t very common?
Went back and looked at an old game because I felt bad
2

DeathLlama8
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 697

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1310 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:12 pm

also ghug straight up told me but I didn’t read that until after I did my thing
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12484
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6526

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1311 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:13 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:10 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:02 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:51 pm
I am having technical difficulties with QuickTopic. Hopefully they will be resolved prior to the start of Night 1, when it actually matters, but if not we’ll come up with a solution.
Posted day 1. Stop lying, and maybe think about not trying to concoct bullshit reasons to game GM communication every game. It's beyond old.
*This*—much more than Doom—looks like scum caught for the wrong reason.
Let me speak to you in a language you understand: condescension. If you want to ever be good at this game, consider trying to learn from past experiences.

a) nobody likes when you do this
b) it's never worked for you
c) I react this way every time you do it

What should you conclude from that?
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12484
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6526

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1312 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:12 pm
also ghug straight up told me but I didn’t read that until after I did my thing
Also you might have a different understanding of how common it is.
1

Kakarroto
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 222

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1313 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:19 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:58 pm
hi kakarroto
who do you think is scum and why
Damo's behaviour kinda wants me to read him as mafia, I tell you that.

Doom's posts make me go 'wha' a lot of times, but then again it might be just confused town.

FlyingBoat's sails seem to turn after how the wind blows.

Vecna's absence made me think quite a bit but now Bunny is here lets see what he has to say.

I also have a weird feeling that one of ghug or rd is mafia, but I can't point a finger to why. Then again my weird feelings weren't always correct, so that's that.

damo666
Posts: 10533
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3065

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1314 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:22 pm

How does the Hex role work?

Hex chooses a player and then learns who they targeted.

If Kak is Hex and targeted snowy he would learn who snowy targeted (ie nobody).

He would not learn who did or did not visit snowy.

Maybe kak doesn't understand his role. Or I don't.

I hard claim Lost Sibling aand I targeted snowy and learnt they were not my lost sibling.

Kak can you explain why you claim that I did not visit snowy. Have you screwed up or are you lying or what?

##unend
2

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1315 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:13 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:10 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:02 pm


Posted day 1. Stop lying, and maybe think about not trying to concoct bullshit reasons to game GM communication every game. It's beyond old.
*This*—much more than Doom—looks like scum caught for the wrong reason.
Let me speak to you in a language you understand: condescension. If you want to ever be good at this game, consider trying to learn from past experiences.

a) nobody likes when you do this
b) it's never worked for you
c) I react this way every time you do it

What should you conclude from that?
What exactly have I done? I mentioned a post. I mentioned a lot of other things too. Thing that I had much more weight on you’re ignoring. Most of what I’m paying attention to is your explosive reaction to me saying you’re my strongest scum read.

So:

1) YOU don’t like when I have a scum read of you
2) I have a scum read every game. Not always of you. (See last game)
3) you do not react this way every time I push my scum read.

I conclude you’re scum who is feeling caught by a sub for the wrong reasons. I admit this is just MORE conf bias. But it’s my conclusion
1

DeathLlama8
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 697

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1316 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:23 pm

Kak targeted you and learned who you targeted/nobody
@Kak, he’s clearly not reaction testing so do you want to just say who you saw damo visit (if anyone)
3

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1317 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:28 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:23 pm
Kak targeted you and learned who you targeted/nobody
@Kak, he’s clearly not reaction testing so do you want to just say who you saw damo visit (if anyone)
I think this may be the towniest post DeathLlama has made yet.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12484
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6526

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1318 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:29 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:23 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:13 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:10 pm


*This*—much more than Doom—looks like scum caught for the wrong reason.
Let me speak to you in a language you understand: condescension. If you want to ever be good at this game, consider trying to learn from past experiences.

a) nobody likes when you do this
b) it's never worked for you
c) I react this way every time you do it

What should you conclude from that?
What exactly have I done? I mentioned a post. I mentioned a lot of other things too. Thing that I had much more weight on you’re ignoring. Most of what I’m paying attention to is your explosive reaction to me saying you’re my strongest scum read.

So:

1) YOU don’t like when I have a scum read of you
2) I have a scum read every game. Not always of you. (See last game)
3) you do not react this way every time I push my scum read.

I conclude you’re scum who is feeling caught by a sub for the wrong reasons. I admit this is just MORE conf bias. But it’s my conclusion
I don't care that you scumread me. You're wrong, but it happens. I don't like you trying to game imperfections in technology and humanity that should have nothing to do with the game. That's why I told you it was irrelevant when I started engaging with you, and then got upset only when you persisted with that particular argument. I've done this repeatedly in the past, because I find your approach to these things to be unsportsmanlike and bad for the game. Usually they're also a lot less stupid than this one, but such is life.
1

DeathLlama8
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 697

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1319 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:29 pm

Do we have to hammer before when EOD would be to get a day back?
1

damo666
Posts: 10533
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3065

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1320 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:29 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:23 pm
Kak targeted you and learned who you targeted/nobody
@Kak, he’s clearly not reaction testing so do you want to just say who you saw damo visit (if anyone)
If Kak claimed he targeted me he is definitely lying.
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bonatogether, celaph, Google [Bot], Vecna and 7 guests