M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1201 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:25 pm
It really is very simple.

Kak is scum.

There are 5 players left who know this to be true.

Work it out.
If I am understanding you well, maybe you are wrong. Kak didn't said you didn't visit anyone.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18450
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10235
Contact:

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1202 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:08 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:43 am
OK Sabi you can join my towncore
That's something I agree, Sabi is very likely town.

Doom could be scum, her reaction looks like scum caught for the wrong reason :lol:

Ghug I can't sort even if my life depends on it.

Durga didn't vote me yet, so she is probably scum. But I am still alive, so null.

I think TFB is town, his post about Tracker cc and how town should play had a towny approach.

The others are just meh (and now Jamiet will be enraged).
AAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
I AM SO ANGRY!!!
FUH FUH FUH
111!!111!!!111 :x :evil: :x :evil: :raging: :evil: :raging: :raging: :raging:
1

damo666
Posts: 10223
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1203 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:17 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:25 pm
It really is very simple.

Kak is scum.

There are 5 players left who know this to be true.

Work it out.
If I am understanding you well, maybe you are wrong. Kak didn't said you didn't visit anyone.
He explicitly said I didn't visit snowy but I did. So kak is lying so kak is scum. why would tracker kak lie?
1

damo666
Posts: 10223
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1204 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:19 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:18 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:08 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:43 am
OK Sabi you can join my towncore
That's something I agree, Sabi is very likely town.

Doom could be scum, her reaction looks like scum caught for the wrong reason :lol:

Ghug I can't sort even if my life depends on it.

Durga didn't vote me yet, so she is probably scum. But I am still alive, so null.

I think TFB is town, his post about Tracker cc and how town should play had a towny approach.

The others are just meh (and now Jamiet will be enraged).
AAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
I AM SO ANGRY!!!
FUH FUH FUH
111!!111!!!111 :x :evil: :x :evil: :raging: :evil: :raging: :raging: :raging:
As ghug would say

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
2

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1205 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:21 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:57 pm
Ok

I TARGETED SNOWY.

I guess that's my game over but hopefully my team will go on to victory.

Last game killed N1, this game killed N2. Frustrating.
Well, I also think you could have waited a bit, but with so few miskills I understand your need to claim today.

##vote Kakarroto
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1206 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:22 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:18 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:17 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:25 pm
It really is very simple.

Kak is scum.

There are 5 players left who know this to be true.

Work it out.
If I am understanding you well, maybe you are wrong. Kak didn't said you didn't visit anyone.
He explicitly said I didn't visit snowy but I did. So kak is lying so kak is scum. why would tracker kak lie?
I was afraid you understood he said you didn't visit. Anyway, his claim is far more suspect then yours.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1207 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:24 pm

I don't know what to think about Doom and Durga voting you.

Doom can be scum defending a fellow scum, but Durga knows better.
1

Doom427
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 972

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1208 Post by Doom427 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:43 pm

Ok, if we kill Scum!Kak today, damo dies. This is bad.

If you think Kak is scum, you SHOULD NOT VOTE KAK TODAY. Because Mafia kills Damo, and the other child can't be cleared. If we force Mafia to play their hand instead, they either kill Damo, and make it obvious which claim is true and which is bad, or they kill someone else, forcing themselves to kill Damo the next night.

Of course, we also shouldn't vote Damo today, for the same and opposite reason. It gives momentum up to the other team.

If y'all think I am scum, it is better for town to just vote for me. Because I know for sure we're getting a scum the next day, and it's much better to leave Damo alive for day 3.

Of course, this is y'alls billionth game, and my... second. So maybe there's some reason not to do this, but it seems like the most optimal town path. This has probably happened dozen of times in other games, so maybe I am missing something but... ummm, don't think I am?
1

Doom427
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 972

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1209 Post by Doom427 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:44 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:43 pm
Ok, if we kill Scum!Kak today, damo dies. This is bad.

If you think Kak is scum, you SHOULD NOT VOTE KAK TODAY. Because Mafia kills Damo, and the other child can't be cleared. If we force Mafia to play their hand instead, they either kill Damo, and make it obvious which claim is true and which is bad, or they kill someone else, forcing themselves to kill Damo the next night.

Of course, we also shouldn't vote Damo today, for the same and opposite reason. It gives momentum up to the other team.

If y'all think I am scum, it is better for town to just vote for me. Because I know for sure we're getting a scum the next day, and it's much better to leave Damo alive for day 3.

Of course, this is y'alls billionth game, and my... second. So maybe there's some reason not to do this, but it seems like the most optimal town path. This has probably happened dozen of times in other games, so maybe I am missing something but... ummm, don't think I am?
Also, if you wanna hammer me, pls let me get on again around 3 for a last will?

Anyway, gonna work again
1

Doom427
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 972

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1210 Post by Doom427 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:46 pm

Ok, one more post-

If I die day 3, than it would be better for me to instead die day 2. This is me playing to my win condition as town, know people got annoyed about this play in the last game, but this is a 100% pro-town idea
1

damo666
Posts: 10223
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1211 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:00 pm

Scum kill me tonight in any case so no point in not killing Kak
1

damo666
Posts: 10223
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1212 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Those posts from Doom seem v towny.
1

damo666
Posts: 10223
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1213 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:04 pm

I have absolutely no idea who Kak's teammates are.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18450
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10235
Contact:

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1214 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:04 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm
Those posts from Doom seem v towny.
Somewhat misguided, yes, but towny.
1

Durga
Posts: 8832
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4254

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1215 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:05 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:24 pm
I don't know what to think about Doom and Durga voting you.

Doom can be scum defending a fellow scum, but Durga knows better.
Wat
1

Durga
Posts: 8832
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4254

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1216 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Why can't the other child just claim then. Surely mafia won't fake claim child
1

Doom427
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 972

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1217 Post by Doom427 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:11 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:00 pm
Scum kill me tonight in any case so no point in not killing Kak
Why though?

I see why they would want to kill you, because they know for sure what role you are, so sure, murder the child.

But then... we know we should kill Kak? It gives us information. We don't have to kill Kak today. The lone benefit of killing you tonight is to prevent another child from scanning you, which is a benefit, yeah.

But the lone advantage of killing Kak today for town is.. making it obvious mafia team should shoot you? Mafia could decide they don't want to make it obvious what we should do. Hell, you could be lying... in which case it's great to wait, and let Mafia tell us which of you is scum.

We want mafia kills to give us info. If kak is scum and we kill kak, we get no info from mafia flipping you. By forcing them to tell us info, we gain every benefit. Either they shoot a non-claimant, and we get to know their role, or they shoot a claimant, and that's even better for town.
1

damo666
Posts: 10223
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1218 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:12 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm
Why can't the other child just claim then. Surely mafia won't fake claim child
Don't see why not.

TFB?
1

damo666
Posts: 10223
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1219 Post by damo666 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:17 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:11 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:00 pm
Scum kill me tonight in any case so no point in not killing Kak
Why though?

I see why they would want to kill you, because they know for sure what role you are, so sure, murder the child.

But then... we know we should kill Kak? It gives us information. We don't have to kill Kak today. The lone benefit of killing you tonight is to prevent another child from scanning you, which is a benefit, yeah.

But the lone advantage of killing Kak today for town is.. making it obvious mafia team should shoot you? Mafia could decide they don't want to make it obvious what we should do. Hell, you could be lying... in which case it's great to wait, and let Mafia tell us which of you is scum.

We want mafia kills to give us info. If kak is scum and we kill kak, we get no info from mafia flipping you. By forcing them to tell us info, we gain every benefit. Either they shoot a non-claimant, and we get to know their role, or they shoot a claimant, and that's even better for town.
If we let Kak live and mk and they NK you what do we learn?
1

Durga
Posts: 8832
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4254

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1220 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:17 pm

Wait this is actually great because then we still have a useful tracker
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests