M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Durga
Posts: 8837
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4262

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1061 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:07 pm

Why is doom so bothered this game
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1062 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:07 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:40 pm
I feel like hexenjäger Kakarroto would probably know how the other (visiting) PRs work already
would scum Kakarroto's teammates tell him to take a scan on damo though?
It's either a nothing scan with potentially outing a PR if you claim it on a mason, or an x did the kill scan on your second best guess for the real tracker. The latter sounds like the better play to me, but who knows.

It occurs to me that if Kak is scum, he'll keep doing the NKs, and then the jäger will never get a useful guilty scan.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1063 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:43 pm
Snowy? V. Interesting.

No claims, that makes no sense at all here, what?

We need to get a kill today or tomorrow, right? Annoying.
I'd like your opinion on Kak now, please.
1

Durga
Posts: 8837
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4262

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1064 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:09 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:07 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:40 pm
I feel like hexenjäger Kakarroto would probably know how the other (visiting) PRs work already
would scum Kakarroto's teammates tell him to take a scan on damo though?
It's either a nothing scan with potentially outing a PR if you claim it on a mason, or an x did the kill scan on your second best guess for the real tracker. The latter sounds like the better play to me, but who knows.

It occurs to me that if Kak is scum, he'll keep doing the NKs, and then the jäger will never get a useful guilty scan.
Hey that's a great point lol.
1

DeathLlama8
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 675

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1065 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:07 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:58 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:50 pm


If this is actually true I hate this
Didn't you just tell everyone to claim?
Well I can still hate it??
why did you hate my completely real sleepwalker claim
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1066 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:46 pm
I would have totally killed snowy
Interesting that you and DL are straight up discounting the possibility that Kak is the actual tracker here.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1067 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:51 pm
I almost wanna say Doom scumslipped there and is annoyed that Snowy turned out not to be a PR. But surely that would be too blatant?
She's clearly not saying she's annoyed about snowy...
1

Durga
Posts: 8837
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4262

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1068 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:09 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:46 pm
I would have totally killed snowy
Interesting that you and DL are straight up discounting the possibility that Kak is the actual tracker here.
? I'm not? I've straight up mentioned that it's v possibly he's the Tracker but mafia chose to kill Snowy instead bc Kaka was unlikely to scan them
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1069 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:11 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:54 pm
Ok, whatever, that's my fuck up for trying to comment.

Y'all have fun. Feels like every time I comment without triple checking my post I get scum read, which is the opposite of sense to me, but w/e. If I die, y'all have a second chance to actually score a mafia
Fascinating
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1070 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:09 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:46 pm
I would have totally killed snowy
Interesting that you and DL are straight up discounting the possibility that Kak is the actual tracker here.
? I'm not? I've straight up mentioned that it's v possibly he's the Tracker but mafia chose to kill Snowy instead bc Kaka was unlikely to scan them
Yeah ok I guess you get a pass.

Llama?
1

DeathLlama8
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 675

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1071 Post by DeathLlama8 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:14 pm

I just thought snowy seemed like a reasonable NK - was reacting to people finding that weird
and yeah hexenjäger kakarroto wouldn't be a big threat to me as scum
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1072 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:16 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:14 pm
I just thought snowy seemed like a reasonable NK - was reacting to people finding that weird
and yeah hexenjäger kakarroto wouldn't be a big threat to me as scum
This is naïve. At the very least, he's a clear you have to kill eventually anyway. At most, he gets lucky and scans your killer. If I'm scum and he's town, he's 100% dead right now.

Now, if I'm scum and he's scum, Snowy's a perfectly good candidate.
1

Durga
Posts: 8837
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4262

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1073 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:17 pm

Do you want us to kill Kaka today ghug
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1074 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:19 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Do you want us to kill Kaka today ghug
I feel like given my tracker realization, it's at least worth consideration, but still probably no.
1

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1320

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1075 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:16 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:14 pm
I just thought snowy seemed like a reasonable NK - was reacting to people finding that weird
and yeah hexenjäger kakarroto wouldn't be a big threat to me as scum
This is naïve. At the very least, he's a clear you have to kill eventually anyway. At most, he gets lucky and scans your killer. If I'm scum and he's town, he's 100% dead right now.

Now, if I'm scum and he's scum, Snowy's a perfectly good candidate.
Why? The tracker is not that powerful. Why not let a heavily doubted claim stew for a day or two and see if you can force a DK on him while killing townies perceived as strong hunters?
1

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1320

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1076 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:19 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Do you want us to kill Kaka today ghug
I feel like given my tracker realization, it's at least worth consideration, but still probably no.
What was your tracker realization? Is it somehow more powerful than I think it is? Even if the tracker hits scum there is still only a 1 in 3 chance we hit them and the chance for mistakes is definitely room for false positives and false negatives.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1077 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:16 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:14 pm
I just thought snowy seemed like a reasonable NK - was reacting to people finding that weird
and yeah hexenjäger kakarroto wouldn't be a big threat to me as scum
This is naïve. At the very least, he's a clear you have to kill eventually anyway. At most, he gets lucky and scans your killer. If I'm scum and he's town, he's 100% dead right now.

Now, if I'm scum and he's scum, Snowy's a perfectly good candidate.
Why? The tracker is not that powerful. Why not let a heavily doubted claim stew for a day or two and see if you can force a DK on him while killing townies perceived as strong hunters?
Clears win games. I'm not discounting the possibility that someone did do this, but I think it was bad play if they did, and I'm a little incredulous that anyone whose opinion I respect wouldn't agree with me here.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1078 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:19 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Do you want us to kill Kaka today ghug
I feel like given my tracker realization, it's at least worth consideration, but still probably no.
What was your tracker realization? Is it somehow more powerful than I think it is? Even if the tracker hits scum there is still only a 1 in 3 chance we hit them and the chance for mistakes is definitely room for false positives and false negatives.
If Kak's scum, he's going to perform the kills, and the tracker already knows he's scum, which means there's no longer any use to the role.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2004

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1079 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 pm

Doom was never this way when she was getting accused of scum last game. Makes you think. Need a closer look at her.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12130
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6395

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1080 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:26 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 pm
Doom was never this way when she was getting accused of scum last game. Makes you think. Need a closer look at her.
This is very true.
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bonatogether, Google [Bot] and 12 guests